Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,216 members, 7,822,100 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

The Tiv Origin - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Tiv Origin (2930 Views)

Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives / Tiv Cultural Group Dazzle At The Lagos Street Carnival (photos) / Beautiful Tiv Brides In Their Costume (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Tiv Origin by Etinosa1234: 10:37pm On Jan 03, 2021
Kyase:

Yes, the reason why we need a strong institution, and with the regulation, the institution will become strong with time.....

Forget. As long as it's Nigeria, there is tendency for the plan to deviate... Take a look at sars... The reason for it was to curb arm robbery but are they doing it?
A big number of govt institutions have lost track of their purpose...

The only thing that can change this narrative is a no- nonsense leader that won't care what others are saying...

That's why I don't want them to regulate social media... I don't want Lai Mohammed, garba Shehu, Bashir Ahmad to be feeding me with concrete lies...

The organisation sef, who will regulate it if not the same govt that has tried many times to hide the truth from us..

Abeg make dem nor regulate am.ooo

If fake news wan dey, make e dey, we go use our senses discern am

1 Like

Re: The Tiv Origin by Kyase(m): 11:22pm On Jan 03, 2021
Etinosa1234:

Forget. As long as it's Nigeria, there is tendency for the plan to deviate... Take a look at sars... The reason for it was to curb arm robbery but are they doing it?

The only thing that can change this narrative is a no- nonsense leader that won't care what others are saying...

That's why I don't want them to regulate social media... I don't want Lai Mohammed, garba Shehu, Bashir Ahmad to be feeding me with concrete lies...

The organisation sef, who will regulate it if not the same govt that has tried many times to hide the truth from us..

If we have a nonsense president, we'll be the first to start lamenting, about him been a tyrant or dictator, remember Buhari of 2015-2018?, Before he switched to this docile human...
We as a people have problem
Re: The Tiv Origin by Etinosa1234: 1:03am On Jan 04, 2021
Kyase:

If we have a nonsense president, we'll be the first to start lamenting, about him been a tyrant or dictator, remember Buhari of 2015-2018?, Before he switched to this docile human...

I don't think Buhari tried... When I mean no nonsense President, I mean someone who set his sight on doing something good for the people irrespective of what naysayers think... When Buhari came, it took him more than 1 year to form a cabinet... Then in 2017, he became President of the sky...... He didn't do anything...

When I say no nonsense President, I don't mean dictator...

The major problem I have with Buhari is security... He has failed hopelessly and has refused to make any amends... With that failure , anything he attempts to do will be very suspected by the people...

Wasn't born then but I heard Nigeria economy was stable under Abacha than now sef
Re: The Tiv Origin by Kyase(m): 1:13am On Jan 04, 2021
Etinosa1234:

I don't think Buhari tried... When I mean no nonsense President, I mean someone who set his sight on doing something good for the people irrespective of what naysayers think... When Buhari came, it took him more than 1 year to form a cabinet... Then in 2017, he became President of the sky...... He didn't do anything...

The major problem I have with Buhari is security... He has failed hopelessly and has refused to make any amends... With that failure , anything he attempts to do will be very suspected by the people...

Wasn't born then but I heard Nigeria economy was stable under Abacha than now sef
You may disagree but abacha's regime was better than what we got from 1999 to date.
The only problem was he was a dictator and secondly the west don't like him.....

As for Buhari, has been a failure right after he won his re-election, the man totally changed, he doesn't even care about what's happening in the country.

But notwithstanding the media tried all it could to whitewash every effort the old man is putting..

During the heat of herdsmen attack in Benue, i have seen some unconfirm and false news going round the social space, I tried to clearify some, but nobody believed.

We in Nigeria believe news that suits our narrative
Re: The Tiv Origin by Etinosa1234: 1:23am On Jan 04, 2021
Kyase:

You may disagree but abacha's regime was better than what we got from 1999 to date.
The only problem was he was a dictator and secondly the west don't like him.....

As for Buhari, has been a failure right after he won his re-election, the man totally changed, he doesn't even care about what's happening in the country.

But notwithstanding the media tried all it could to whitewash every effort the old man is putting..

During the heat of herdsmen attack in Benue, i have seen some unconfirm and false news going round the social space, I tried to clearify some, but nobody believed.

We in Nigeria believe news that suits our narrative

His First tenure was actually bad tho... I was surprised he won reelection after failing to deliver 1 one of his promises.

That herdsmen attack really pained me... The police is now useless that the people have to resort to self help to defend themselves.. with the way things are going, armed groups are going to continually spring up with the original aim of fighting herdsmen before finally diverting to ethnic cleansing Esp against tribes they hate... I just hope it doesn't happen .. otherwise it would leading to the division of the country into bits

As for Buhari, I personally feel he should resign... He's no longer doing anything... He's just a figurehead in the seat... He doesn't even speak to his people... How can people then believe in him

And yes... I agree with you that our people are the problem... As I've seen on nairaland, most people only want to hear bad News abt the country... An example is that kankara abduction

Most people used the opportunity to explain in deeper proportion why the security is bad but when the kids were released, they started calling it a lie, looking for faults in the story..

I won't blame them Sha... The country hard and it's closing down dreams
Re: The Tiv Origin by Kyase(m): 10:08am On Jan 04, 2021
Etinosa1234:

His First tenure was actually bad tho... I was surprised he won reelection after failing to deliver 1 one of his promises.

That herdsmen attack really pained me... The police is now useless that the people have to resort to self help to defend themselves.. with the way things are going, armed groups are going to continually spring up with the original aim of fighting herdsmen before finally diverting to ethnic cleansing Esp against tribes they hate... I just hope it doesn't happen .. otherwise it would leading to the division of the country into bits

As for Buhari, I personally feel he should resign... He's no longer doing anything... He's just a figurehead in the seat... He doesn't even speak to his people... How can people then believe in him

And yes... I agree with you that our people are the problem... As I've seen on nairaland, most people only want to hear bad News abt the country... An example is that kankara abduction

Most people used the opportunity to explain in deeper proportion why the security is bad but when the kids were released, they started calling it a lie, looking for faults in the story..

I won't blame them Sha... The country hard and it's closing down dreams
You have said it all.
But personally I feel Buhari should see off his tenure.
Let's try another region in 2023, I don't want to hear "let's allow Northerners complete their tenure" again...

And again I believe Buhari did well in his first Tenure, though much was expected, the very reason, we voted for him to solidify his achievement, but how wrong were we....
Re: The Tiv Origin by Etinosa1234: 10:17am On Jan 04, 2021
Kyase:

You have said it all.
But personally I feel Buhari should see off his tenure.
Let's try another region in 2023, I don't want to hear "let's allow Northerners complete their tenure" again...

And again I believe Buhari did well in his first Tenure, though much was expected, the very reason, we voted for him to solidify his achievement, but how wrong were we....

All in all, we all pray for a better Nigeria...

Ur signature is a motivation btw...

I'm no longer praying for good leaders

I'm praying to be a good leader
Re: The Tiv Origin by Kyase(m): 10:43am On Jan 04, 2021
Etinosa1234:

All in all, we all pray for a better Nigeria...

Ur signature is a motivation btw...

I'm no longer praying for good leaders

I'm praying to be a good leader
Thanks.

That's my prayers too.
Re: The Tiv Origin by gregyboy(m): 11:14am On Jan 04, 2021
Etinosa1234:

Abi my brother, before them go dey silent both the truth and the lies together,

Leave am as he dey....

You can privately sue any one who has given misinformation about you,

But government checking misinformation is a no, no for any nation in the world not even America

1 Like

Re: The Tiv Origin by gregyboy(m): 11:15am On Jan 04, 2021
Kyase:

We dont need a no nonsense president we need a no nonsense government institution as a whole
Re: The Tiv Origin by gregyboy(m): 11:29am On Jan 04, 2021
Etinosa1234:

[s]The major problem I have with Buhari is security.[/s].. He has failed hopelessly and has refused to make any amends... With that failure , anything he attempts to do will be very suspected by the people...

Buhari is a ll shades of wrong did he rule better during his military rule, nope
How about is current rule nope

During his military rule, he stopped the school feeding system he meant on ground, he increased fuel price, many student died protest to bring back the school feeding system, hunger killed many his economic policies were terrible

He was only strict, and yet empty

Now, his economic policies are still terrible, security issue is quack, political structure has been so abused, nigeria moves in and out of recession every 3 months

And you say you only see security issue as a problem in his regime

Wtf bro

Because of that nigga i hate anything north

1 Like

Re: The Tiv Origin by Kyase(m): 11:43am On Jan 04, 2021
gregyboy:

We dont need a no nonsense president we need a no nonsense government institution as a whole
Now you are talking
Re: The Tiv Origin by Etinosa1234: 1:21pm On Jan 04, 2021
gregyboy:

Buhari is a ll shades of wrong did he rule better during his military rule, nope
How about is current rule nope

During his military rule, he stopped the school feeding system he meant on ground, he increased fuel price, many student died protest to bring back the school feeding system, hunger killed many his economic policies were terrible

He was only strict, and yet empty

Now, his economic policies are still terrible, security issue is quack, political structure has been so abused, nigeria moves in and out of recession every 3 months

And you say you only see security issue as a problem in his regime

Wtf bro

Because of that nigga i hate anything north

I dont mean he doesn't have any faults...

Nor be who dey alive dey determine which govt bad or not,... If security is solved, half of our problems are solved... Farmers will be able to work safely... Transportation of goods will help the economy

Buhari also failed in economy... His record of 3 recession over 2 tenure cannot be broken... But that's for another day
Re: The Tiv Origin by Ooni: 8:19am On Jan 11, 2021
Kyase:
Tiv are 80% of Benue. Tiv have 30% population in taraba Tiv have 35% population in nassarawa Tiv have 8% population in plateau state
Do you have fact to back up?
Re: The Tiv Origin by Kyase(m): 8:25am On Jan 11, 2021
Ooni:
Do you have fact to back up?
Lots of fact out there

When you need it let me know
Re: The Tiv Origin by Ooni: 8:29am On Jan 11, 2021
Kyase:

Lots of fact out there

When you need it let me know
Then bring them. Tiv has 14 LG while Idoma has 9 so how come your 80% majority?
Re: The Tiv Origin by Kyase(m): 8:35am On Jan 11, 2021
Ooni:
Then bring them. Tiv has 14 LG while Idoma has 9 so how come your 80% majority?
Tiv are in full control of 14 local government, whereas in those 9 local government are shared between the igede and idoma and in fact igbos
Re: The Tiv Origin by IamAtikulate: 8:21pm On Jan 11, 2021
So Tiv migrated from SA?
Do you think SA to Nigeria is Mile 12 to Ojota?
Re: The Tiv Origin by silverlinen(m): 2:46am On Jan 13, 2021
Follow CULTURAL FACTS on Facebook to get more historical knowledge
Re: The Tiv Origin by Kyase(m): 7:38pm On Jan 16, 2021
IamAtikulate:
So Tiv migrated from SA?

Do you think SA to Nigeria is Mile 12 to Ojota?
And you believed a certain tribe crossed the red sea miraculously and trek their way to the philistine abi
Re: The Tiv Origin by Kyase(m): 7:39pm On Jan 16, 2021
silverlinen:
Follow CULTURAL FACTS on Facebook to get more historical knowledge

Thank you

(1) (2) (Reply)

Igbo Phrases For An Wedding Anniversary / Can Anyone In The House Teach Me Agbor Language,delta State / I'm Somali Why Do Blacks Get Mad When I Say That I'm Not Black?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.