Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,056 members, 7,818,167 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

Nairaland 2020 Frontpage Analysis And Visualization - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Nairaland 2020 Frontpage Analysis And Visualization (979 Views)

Enthusiasts Of Data Sciences (analysis And Analytics) / Data Collection, Analysis And Visualization Using ODK, Stata And Quantum GIS / Enroll In Tableau Training Classes & Become The Picasso Of Data Visualization! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland 2020 Frontpage Analysis And Visualization by Evanspaul(m): 2:38pm On Jan 02, 2021
Hi guys look at the Data Analysis I did.
The data is from Nairaland home pages. The data is about posts that made it to the home page. It was gotten by web scraping using python programming language.
The data covers from 7 Jan 2020 to 29th December 2020.
The graphs and charts are plotted using tableau and Python Matplotlib.
In the first chart, each bar represents a user. The chart shows top 45 users that their topics made it to the front page. From the chart we can see that the user by name ‘dre11’ have the highest topics in the front page, followed by Islie and lalasticlala.

In the second frame, it covers the number of times a post from each thread made it to the front page. And from the chart we can see that the General thread have the highest number of topics on the front page and Science/Technology has the least appearance.

In the third frame, it shows the number of times a post from General sub threads made it to the front page. Politics tops the list followed by Crime and Health respectively.

In the fourth chart, which shows the number of times a post from the Entertainment sub-threads made it to the front page. And Celebrity tops the list followed by Sport then TV.

In the fifth chart, which shows the number of times a post from the Science/Technology sub-threads made it to the front page. It shows that most of its post is from ’Phones’ thread, while others contributed little.

In the sixth frame, it shows the most common words that appeared on the front page. The words in big font are those that have the highest occurrences.
Time series
The Seventh graph shows how many post made it to the front page in different time of the month. December tops the list, followed by October then November. I think that one of the reasons for this is; that December is a festival period and more news and topics are likely to surface, will in the October and November cases are likely to be influenced by the EndSars protest.
The sixth graph shows the number of time post or topic made it to the front page in different days of the week. Monday tops, while Saturday and Sunday are the lowest.
The seventh shows the number of times post or topic made it to the front page in different hours of the day. And 7am and 8am are the highest. While topics written at midnight and very early in the morning, have the least appearance in the front page.
Also below are useful chart/graphs from the analysis
The link to the data and dashboard is below
https://public.tableau.com/profile/chinonso.ekwo#!/vizhome/Nairaland/Sheet1
You can mail me for the python code for the web scrapping and data preparation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland 2020 Frontpage Analysis And Visualization by Evanspaul(m): 2:39pm On Jan 02, 2021
5-6

1 Like

Re: Nairaland 2020 Frontpage Analysis And Visualization by Evanspaul(m): 2:44pm On Jan 02, 2021
7-9

1 Like

Re: Nairaland 2020 Frontpage Analysis And Visualization by Evanspaul(m): 2:45pm On Jan 02, 2021

1 Like

Re: Nairaland 2020 Frontpage Analysis And Visualization by Evanspaul(m): 2:51pm On Jan 02, 2021

1 Like

Re: Nairaland 2020 Frontpage Analysis And Visualization by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jan 02, 2021
Sorry what's this for exactly
Re: Nairaland 2020 Frontpage Analysis And Visualization by Evanspaul(m): 2:53pm On Jan 02, 2021
Read what i wrote na
MejiLoyon:
Sorry what's this for exactly
Re: Nairaland 2020 Frontpage Analysis And Visualization by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jan 02, 2021
Evanspaul:
Read what i wrote na
I did. That's why I ask. Of what good is this analysis to the common man? Enlighten me
Re: Nairaland 2020 Frontpage Analysis And Visualization by Evanspaul(m): 3:11pm On Jan 02, 2021
Modrators know which threads that usually pushed to the front page. As u can see most threads did not make it to the front page at all for a year.
If the users, it helps them know the time and the day in which they would post a topic and it will have more chance of making it to the front page.

MejiLoyon:
I did. That's why I ask. Of what good is this analysis to the common man? Enlighten me

1 Like

Re: Nairaland 2020 Frontpage Analysis And Visualization by chingle5(m): 3:12pm On Jan 02, 2021
MejiLoyon:

cheesy grin cheesy grin evanspaul the god's have spoken
Re: Nairaland 2020 Frontpage Analysis And Visualization by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jan 02, 2021
Evanspaul:
Modrators know which threads that usually pushed to the front page. As u can see most threads did not make it to the front page at all for a year.
If the users, it helps them know the time and the day in which they would post a topic and it will have more chance of making it to the front page.

Fair enough
Re: Nairaland 2020 Frontpage Analysis And Visualization by Evanspaul(m): 3:17pm On Jan 02, 2021
UjSizzle, mkmyers45
help move to the front page
Re: Nairaland 2020 Frontpage Analysis And Visualization by lalasticlala(m): 6:02pm On Jan 02, 2021
Interesting. Well-done

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland 2020 Frontpage Analysis And Visualization by Odewaleadesoye(m): 6:06pm On Jan 02, 2021

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland 2020 Frontpage Analysis And Visualization by Kalatium(m): 6:12pm On Jan 02, 2021
This is good
Re: Nairaland 2020 Frontpage Analysis And Visualization by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jan 02, 2021
So we are many here collecting data from Nairaland, great work bro...
Re: Nairaland 2020 Frontpage Analysis And Visualization by King2019(m): 7:11pm On Jan 02, 2021
Cool
Re: Nairaland 2020 Frontpage Analysis And Visualization by iamyemiakins(m): 8:49pm On Jan 02, 2021
Evanspaul:
UjSizzle, mkmyers45 help move to the front page
Are there new supermods now, you're mentioning the wrong people
Re: Nairaland 2020 Frontpage Analysis And Visualization by Evanspaul(m): 8:51pm On Jan 02, 2021
iamyemiakins:

Lol I just don't know the name to give it
Re: Nairaland 2020 Frontpage Analysis And Visualization by Evanspaul(m): 8:52pm On Jan 02, 2021
lalasticlala:
Interesting. Well-done
Thanks boss
U fit help me push it.
Re: Nairaland 2020 Frontpage Analysis And Visualization by Evanspaul(m): 8:52pm On Jan 02, 2021
Kalatium:
This is good
Thanks allot bro
Re: Nairaland 2020 Frontpage Analysis And Visualization by Evanspaul(m): 8:54pm On Jan 02, 2021
Odewaleadesoye:

Yes boss.

It's very very interesting.

Nice work @evanspaul

ODEWALE ADESOYE
Thanks Sir

1 Like

Re: Nairaland 2020 Frontpage Analysis And Visualization by Evanspaul(m): 8:54pm On Jan 02, 2021
Kalatium:
This is good
Thanks boss
Re: Nairaland 2020 Frontpage Analysis And Visualization by Evanspaul(m): 8:55pm On Jan 02, 2021
iamyemiakins:

Can you quote the place you saw it
Re: Nairaland 2020 Frontpage Analysis And Visualization by Evanspaul(m): 8:56pm On Jan 02, 2021
donproject:
So we are many here collecting data from Nairaland, great work bro...
They are allot of data here
Re: Nairaland 2020 Frontpage Analysis And Visualization by iamyemiakins(m): 9:01pm On Jan 02, 2021
Evanspaul:

Can you quote the place you saw it
I just meant the monikers you mentioned to 'help move it to the frontpage' aren't supermods.

One of the supermods has already dropped a comment up there.
Re: Nairaland 2020 Frontpage Analysis And Visualization by Evanspaul(m): 9:04pm On Jan 02, 2021
iamyemiakins:

I just meant the monikers you mentioned to 'help move it to the frontpage' aren't supermods.

One of the supermods has already dropped a comment up there.
Oh ok
Re: Nairaland 2020 Frontpage Analysis And Visualization by Evanspaul(m): 9:08pm On Jan 02, 2021
chingle5:

cheesy grin cheesy grin evanspaul the god's have spoken

grin grin
Re: Nairaland 2020 Frontpage Analysis And Visualization by Odewaleadesoye(m): 9:45pm On Jan 02, 2021

1 Like

Re: Nairaland 2020 Frontpage Analysis And Visualization by Evanspaul(m): 9:54pm On Jan 02, 2021
; smiley
Odewaleadesoye:

You're welcome.

You did a great job bro.

ODEWALE ADESOYE
Re: Nairaland 2020 Frontpage Analysis And Visualization by chingle5(m): 12:32am On Jan 03, 2021
Evanspaul:

grin grin

Meself way be audience ..I weak grin grin I swear that guy no like u.. e b like say u don thief him wife
Re: Nairaland 2020 Frontpage Analysis And Visualization by Evanspaul(m): 11:36am On Jan 03, 2021
chingle5:

Meself way be audience ..I weak grin grin I swear that guy no like u.. e b like say u don thief him wife
cheesy I don't know why the guy dey fire me oh
But all the same he got want he wanted

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mobile Numbers Database For Sale / An Invitation-only Community For Technology And Business Experts And Enthusiasts / Is There Hope For The Sick In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.