Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,586 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

New Policy For SIM ‘Welcome-Back’, Replacement - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / New Policy For SIM ‘Welcome-Back’, Replacement (58435 Views)

Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office / Unable To Do Welcome Back For My Stolen MTN Sim / How To Activate Mtn Welcome Back: N200 For 1gb, N1000 For 4gb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Policy For SIM ‘Welcome-Back’, Replacement by Isiakasalia04: 5:38pm On Jan 02, 2021
G
Re: New Policy For SIM ‘Welcome-Back’, Replacement by adecz: 5:38pm On Jan 02, 2021
undecided undecided

Any policy to inconvenience &
suffer citizens, na so federal govt
preek go dey stand like like tower.

If na wetin citizens go benefit from,
dem go dey debate am for 1½ years.

Mumu pipul.
Re: New Policy For SIM ‘Welcome-Back’, Replacement by Virgohills(m): 5:39pm On Jan 02, 2021
Re: New Policy For SIM ‘Welcome-Back’, Replacement by Goodman247: 5:39pm On Jan 02, 2021
classicfrank4u:
New policy keh, that's how it has been since..
You must present nin to do welcome back
before it was not only nin,you can use other forms of identification
Re: New Policy For SIM ‘Welcome-Back’, Replacement by MrCEO69(m): 5:40pm On Jan 02, 2021
My concern is sim been sold to another person!
They will v access to a lot of things
Re: New Policy For SIM ‘Welcome-Back’, Replacement by Goodman247: 5:41pm On Jan 02, 2021
After you present NiN, will NIMC veryfy it again, l don't understand, somebody should explain to me pls
Re: New Policy For SIM ‘Welcome-Back’, Replacement by Bodyodour: 5:44pm On Jan 02, 2021
Ur papa
Re: New Policy For SIM ‘Welcome-Back’, Replacement by xxxtedyxxx(m): 5:47pm On Jan 02, 2021
Useless country without database of its citizens.
Re: New Policy For SIM ‘Welcome-Back’, Replacement by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jan 02, 2021
Only saw bunch of empty grammers that's points to one thing

THEY WANT TO MAKE NEW POLICY CONCERNING SIN REGISTRATION AND SIM WELCOME BACK

THE NEW POLICY WILL ALSO BE SCRAPPED IN NEXT FEW DAYS AND THE MINISTRY WILL START TALKING ANOTHER GRAMMER

NIGERIA IS A VERY WORLD WIDE JOKE
Re: New Policy For SIM ‘Welcome-Back’, Replacement by BlessedNuel: 5:50pm On Jan 02, 2021
Wahala be like bicycle
Re: New Policy For SIM ‘Welcome-Back’, Replacement by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jan 02, 2021
modaink333:
We have ederly ones in the village who manages a Nokia torch light phone, but does not have a bank account, a bvn, voters ID, and NIN.

How does this inhumane government want them to cope with this meaningless exercise?
I know criminals must find an excuse to wail on everything done by this administration...

1 Like

Re: New Policy For SIM ‘Welcome-Back’, Replacement by kilonshele101(m): 5:55pm On Jan 02, 2021
chatinent:
What's your definition of fresh?

This is the same thing we know.
It's too early to be foolish
Re: New Policy For SIM ‘Welcome-Back’, Replacement by Oluwadare: 5:58pm On Jan 02, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
I like what the government is doing, my only problem is data protection.

Will they protect users data, what are they doing about it.

For instance, there was an attack on cac by someone who own a site called Ng-check.com, this person stole all the data from from cac website, now thousands of business owners address are on the mainnet.

What is government doing about data protection.
absolutely nothing. If we have any data protection measures in place in the first place we won't be needing this unnecessary NIN brouhaha again, as Nigerians have already submitted their data to the government through their various banks across the country( I.e BVN). Anyone who successfully escaped BVN can successfully escape this NIN of a thing also easily.

Do Nigeria have adequate technology(lies) to fight cyber criminals via cyber? That can justify this action from the government. What government should have done or be doing right now is raw intelligent gathering that can prevent insecurity and or crime from happening ab initio. But, I remember we have such organizations in place already but rendered ineffective by the same government.

In three years time, another government will come on board with another policy and we'd drop this one to one side again. Because, they believe the power bequeathed on them is to be used any how.

1 Like

Re: New Policy For SIM ‘Welcome-Back’, Replacement by calcal: 5:58pm On Jan 02, 2021
WHITEMAN DO EVERYTHING FOR US ALREADY, JUST TO DISTRIBUTE IT IS A PROBLEM AGAIN.

IN US, NO INFORMATION IS NEEDED TO BUY THIS SHIT
Re: New Policy For SIM ‘Welcome-Back’, Replacement by femi4: 5:59pm On Jan 02, 2021
Tolexander:
We weren’t presenting NIN
and
NIMC wasn’t verifying the NIN
A lot of people will be frustrated at this stage
Re: New Policy For SIM ‘Welcome-Back’, Replacement by drololaaof: 6:01pm On Jan 02, 2021
Upon all the talk talk above what ate regulations required apart from NIN?
Re: New Policy For SIM ‘Welcome-Back’, Replacement by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jan 02, 2021
https:///bchgiveawaybot?start=r08407866450

Happy new year Nairalanders.
Re: New Policy For SIM ‘Welcome-Back’, Replacement by Naijaarchive(m): 6:03pm On Jan 02, 2021
Proadroit:

People that are not normal, the verification will likely be in form of a letter signed and stamped by some donut head in NIMC which will be ridiculously difficult to get. All these nonsense wouldn't even exist if they just did their jobs and gave everyone a real id card

Exactly alot of online business isn't available for us due to no reasonable means of identification... To get id card impossible, passport double wàhálà, drivers license triple Wàhálà
Re: New Policy For SIM ‘Welcome-Back’, Replacement by MIGHTYMAN82(m): 6:05pm On Jan 02, 2021
modaink333:
We have ederly ones in the village who manages a Nokia torch light phone, but does not have a bank account, a bvn, voters ID, and NIN.

How does this inhumane government want them to cope with this meaningless exercise?
my dear i pity my granny sone and vefy sone her line go block dat mean granny � sorry
Re: New Policy For SIM ‘Welcome-Back’, Replacement by bjtinz: 6:13pm On Jan 02, 2021
ATEAMS:
Meanwhile bitcoin is 31k USD in terms of Value

Chai

1 Like

Re: New Policy For SIM ‘Welcome-Back’, Replacement by NorthernSerene(m): 6:17pm On Jan 02, 2021
classicfrank4u:
New policy keh, that's how it has been since..
You must present nin to do welcome back
No sir, it wasn't like that 'cause I did a welcome back last month and they did not ask for it.
Re: New Policy For SIM ‘Welcome-Back’, Replacement by Lastanza: 6:19pm On Jan 02, 2021
All this NIN and NIMC are all tending towards one thing. They once made mention of renewing national identity cards and this is one of their means to actualizing that plan.

After linking everybody, they will now start charging for renewal and then people will have no choice than to pay and keep their sim active

2 Likes

Re: New Policy For SIM ‘Welcome-Back’, Replacement by demandtruth: 6:26pm On Jan 02, 2021
This attempt, while the political leaders are docile, is unavoidable
a subtle conscript of the New World Order.

It has begun and they know it not.
Re: New Policy For SIM ‘Welcome-Back’, Replacement by akocon: 6:33pm On Jan 02, 2021
Na wa sha...

Meanwhile... Let's help you with your website project 08038664822

Re: New Policy For SIM ‘Welcome-Back’, Replacement by samuelpeters(m): 6:45pm On Jan 02, 2021
Goodman247:
After you present NiN, will NIMC veryfy it again, l don't understand, somebody should explain to me pls
After you present NIN, NIMC will verify it before authentication by your network provider.

So in essence, it will take longer than usual to do welcome back.
E fit de reach 1 month grin

©️2021.
Re: New Policy For SIM ‘Welcome-Back’, Replacement by samuelpeters(m): 6:55pm On Jan 02, 2021
Proadroit:

People that are not normal, the verification will likely be in form of a letter signed and stamped by some donut head in NIMC which will be ridiculously difficult to get. All these nonsense wouldn't even exist if they just did their jobs and gave everyone a real id card
I don't think so.

My bank has been verifying my NIN since 2017 for transaction.
I think NIMC has a special portal for banks and other institutions that may want to verify someone's ID.
Once they input the NIN, every necessary information about the person will pop up.

The reason for verification is because Nigerians may decide to input any number as their NIN.

The only issue here is that the verification may take sometime(nothing ever works smoothly in Nigeria) and before you know it, 3 weeks person never retrieve hm Line.

©️2021.
Re: New Policy For SIM ‘Welcome-Back’, Replacement by Valemteck: 6:58pm On Jan 02, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
I like what the government is doing, my only problem is data protection.

Will they protect users data, what are they doing about it.

For instance, there was an attack on cac by someone who own a site called Ng-check.com, this person stole all the data from from cac website, now thousands of business owners address are on the mainnet.

What is government doing about data protection.

Re: New Policy For SIM ‘Welcome-Back’, Replacement by Fakenews: 7:30pm On Jan 02, 2021
ATEAMS:
Meanwhile bitcoin is 32k USD in terms of Value

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12928816_7581f6c021d44fecade7ade5fa9ef28b_jpegcfe6b038e8d6e66a80b8f9f8a3d3c8d6

Bitcoin is really doing wonders now.

I wonder why.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MTN Introduces New Call Tariffs / How To Fix All Dstv Now Error Codes || 503, Sna 403, Per 0, Per 1, Eve 403 / Pes 2018 Psp, Android, Pc, Iphone Ppsspp Download Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.