Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,601 members, 7,823,611 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

What's That Sin That Prevents You From Coming To Christ? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's That Sin That Prevents You From Coming To Christ? (9376 Views)

Unforgiveness: One Subtle Sin That Would Take Many Christians To Hell / The "Small Sin" That Will Send The Most People To Hell-fire. / It Is Only One Sin That Sends People To Hell Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's That Sin That Prevents You From Coming To Christ? by hopefulLandlord: 8:56am On Jan 03, 2021
Izychi:

You condemn what you don't obviously understand.

1. Noah didn't leave Israel to Africa to warn them of the coming global flooding.... Was there an Israel nation at that time? Do you know the part of the world inhabited at that time?

But your Cain left the first man and woman, who are his parents to "Land of nod" where he got married? you realise Noah came lots of generations later?
Re: What's That Sin That Prevents You From Coming To Christ? by hopefulLandlord: 8:57am On Jan 03, 2021
Ndipe:
Even Jesus Christ Himself declared that a prophet has no honor in his own country (John 4:44).

That's because even Jesus knew he is a scam

4 Likes

Re: What's That Sin That Prevents You From Coming To Christ? by Shadysen: 9:00am On Jan 03, 2021
women are too tempting this days, all of them grow ass all of a sudden.

1 Like

Re: What's That Sin That Prevents You From Coming To Christ? by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:00am On Jan 03, 2021
GofuckYourself:

Aha

Why are you so angry and bitter ?

Man I shudder at what you are capable of bro with this sort of anger

You make me laugh hard.

Me angry and bitter?

When it's actually you and your reaction to seeing the Truth that is a epitome of those two words.

Keep trying to deflect from what this was about let's see how many here could possibly buy it from our conversations thus far.

You seem to have a phobia for someone not accepting whatever you have to offer, hence your resorting to laying of baseless allegations.

God bless.
Re: What's That Sin That Prevents You From Coming To Christ? by pdppower: 9:02am On Jan 03, 2021
GofuckYourself:

Aha

Why are you so angry and bitter ?

Man I shudder at what you are capable of bro with this sort of anger

Why don't you just ignore him. You've been trying to play it cool and he's been kind of harsh. Leave him alone
Re: What's That Sin That Prevents You From Coming To Christ? by harmony75: 9:03am On Jan 03, 2021
malice..i can keep malice sef for Africa but by the grace of God I'm getting better with my relationship with people.. God bless everyone that have confess their sins may the grace of God help us not go back to them with determination.. happy new year!!!

3 Likes

Re: What's That Sin That Prevents You From Coming To Christ? by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:08am On Jan 03, 2021
pdppower:

Why don't you just ignore him. You've been trying to play it cool and he's been kind of harsh. Leave him alone
I should also quote myself with another moniker, Lol!

I would if I had ulterior motives like you, but of course I don't.

So i don't need to resort to such underhand tactics to mislead anyone, because I speak the Truth and the Truth can stand on it's own.

It doesn't need any help.

God bless.
Re: What's That Sin That Prevents You From Coming To Christ? by Truefaith: 9:09am On Jan 03, 2021
hngfd
Re: What's That Sin That Prevents You From Coming To Christ? by nijabazaar: 9:13am On Jan 03, 2021
My Sexuality
Re: What's That Sin That Prevents You From Coming To Christ? by 2010goingon: 9:18am On Jan 03, 2021
Commonsense prevents me
Re: What's That Sin That Prevents You From Coming To Christ? by Splendorgirl633(f): 9:20am On Jan 03, 2021
No sin can prevent you from coming to Christ once you are deeply sorry and repentant. King David sinned ( lusted after a married woman still went ahead to kill her husband) but was always coming to God in brokenness. God still called him a man after His Heart

1 Like

Re: What's That Sin That Prevents You From Coming To Christ? by Thattallgirl(f): 9:26am On Jan 03, 2021
For those finding it difficult to overcome temptations:

[b]Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
Romans 8:1, NASB

Today, I want to talk about how you can have a victorious thought life. My friend, the solution to temptations, sinful desires and thoughts is found in the very first verse of Romans 8: “Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.” (By the way, some Bible translations, like the New King James Version, go on to say “who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.” This was added by the later Bible translators. In the oldest manuscripts of the New Testament available today, the Greek simply states, “There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.”)

You may experience temptations and sinful thoughts from time to time, but right in the midst of that temptation, you need to know this: There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. Notice that this verse is in the present tense. Right now, even if at this very moment, sinful thoughts are going through your mind, there is no condemnation because you are IN CHRIST JESUS! Are we then to sit still and entertain those sinful thoughts? Of course not.

Sin cannot take root in a person who is full of the consciousness that he is righteous in Christ. You cannot stop birds from flying over your head, but you can certainly stop a bird from building a nest on your head. In the same way, you cannot stop temptations, sinful thoughts and desires from passing through your mind, but you can certainly stop yourself from acting on these temptations, sinful thoughts and desires. How? By confessing at the very moment of temptation that you are the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus!

The power of Jesus to overcome every temptation kicks in when you remain conscious that even at the point of temptation, Jesus is still with you and that you are righteous in Him apart from your works (Romans 4:6)! When you do that, you reject the condemnation for the temptation that you faced. You now have the power of Christ to rise above your temptation and to rest in your righteous identity in Christ apart from your works. That, beloved, is the overcoming life in Christ![/b]

I'm not the writer of the above

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's That Sin That Prevents You From Coming To Christ? by HelpYourself(m): 9:27am On Jan 03, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
You make me laugh hard.

Me angry and bitter?

When it's actually you and your reaction to seeing the Truth that is a epitome of those two words.

Keep trying to deflect from what this was about let's see how many here could possibly buy it from our conversations thus far.

You seem to have a phobia for someone not accepting whatever you have to offer, hence your resorting to laying of baseless allegations.

God bless.

Oh boy

Have a great day
Re: What's That Sin That Prevents You From Coming To Christ? by HelpYourself(m): 9:28am On Jan 03, 2021
pdppower:

I think you are right my brother
Re: What's That Sin That Prevents You From Coming To Christ? by Judybash93(m): 9:33am On Jan 03, 2021
Common sense
Re: What's That Sin That Prevents You From Coming To Christ? by Seyi8750: 9:34am On Jan 03, 2021
Yahoo
Re: What's That Sin That Prevents You From Coming To Christ? by Kurtis02(m): 9:37am On Jan 03, 2021
Offpoint1:
Altering my NEPA meter...

I know if I go to God He might say I stop...

You are not alone.. Since 2017 till this moment.
Re: What's That Sin That Prevents You From Coming To Christ? by Love56743: 9:39am On Jan 03, 2021
I have mind of serving God because he is my lord and personal saviour, but I'm too lost with the things of the world God help me

2 Likes

Re: What's That Sin That Prevents You From Coming To Christ? by femi4: 9:39am On Jan 03, 2021
hopefulLandlord:
Why exactly would I go to "Christ"? isn't this Jesus a god all many Africans believe in but the Jews don't? The last time religious census was conducted in Israel they had 2% Christians while Muslims made up 14% https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/03/08/key-findings-religion-politics-israel/

these are people whose ancestors lived during the time and saw this Jesus live and die but they don't believe he was dying for them

a Nigerian, however, read from a book and concluded that 98% of the Jews are wrong because logic favours storytelling over experiencing something, Amirite you must know Obasanjo more than the people living with and around him because you read Punch newspapers and check internet for news about him.

The worst part is the book they read and conclude on is a slavery endorsing book handed to their ancestors by their pink skinned slavemasters. a book that didnt even acknowledge your existence; or where in your Jewish mythology book called Bible is it written that Noah left israel, traveled down to the deep jungles of Africa to warn your forefathers of an impending "global" flood?

Coming to Christ for me would be a middle finger to common sense and a welcome sign to stupidity
you ve said nothing new, he was rejected by his own even when he was in their midst. So no be today

2 Likes

Re: What's That Sin That Prevents You From Coming To Christ? by Dreyton36: 9:58am On Jan 03, 2021
Scam
Re: What's That Sin That Prevents You From Coming To Christ? by MadamExcellency: 10:20am On Jan 03, 2021
falcon01:
if jesus can't love people for who they are then he isn't as good as they say.

Loving someone has a different definition than what you wrote.

No parent condones evil in the name of love. None accept betrayal as a norm.

1 Like

Re: What's That Sin That Prevents You From Coming To Christ? by Nobody: 10:34am On Jan 03, 2021
Ndipe:
Even Jesus Christ Himself declared that a prophet has no honor in his own country (John 4:44). So it shouldnt come as a surprise that most Jews dont recognize Him as the Savior of the human race. However, there are some Jews who believe that He is the Messiah. They are known as Jews for Jesus.

Normally I don't pray for people.....But I gotta say you are Blessed

2 Likes

Re: What's That Sin That Prevents You From Coming To Christ? by Isabella250(f): 10:47am On Jan 03, 2021
falcon01:
if jesus can't love people for who they are then he isn't as good as they say.
Be talking as if he is your mate��
Re: What's That Sin That Prevents You From Coming To Christ? by Isabella250(f): 10:47am On Jan 03, 2021
Be talking as if he is your mate��

1 Like

Re: What's That Sin That Prevents You From Coming To Christ? by siverspooon(m): 10:50am On Jan 03, 2021
Mine is smoking, alcohol and sex

This fairly used laptop is for sale. Whatsapp me with the number on my signature for a good price. It's urgent pls

Re: What's That Sin That Prevents You From Coming To Christ? by Isiakasalia05: 10:57am On Jan 03, 2021
SALIS oil and Gas plant construction
Contact me on the information on my business identity card.
Where use hight Quality Product.

Re: What's That Sin That Prevents You From Coming To Christ? by LOCKHEEDVET: 11:00am On Jan 03, 2021
am struggling with PMO

2 Likes

Re: What's That Sin That Prevents You From Coming To Christ? by Ndipe(m): 11:07am On Jan 03, 2021
In Jesus Name, Amen. Thank you very much and also reciprocate my gratefulness by saying you are also Blessed in Jesus Name, Amen.

Faller:

Normally I don't pray for people.....But I gotta say you are Blessed
Re: What's That Sin That Prevents You From Coming To Christ? by BrainBright: 11:27am On Jan 03, 2021
Christ is the only way, accept him today!
Re: What's That Sin That Prevents You From Coming To Christ? by Gilbertkwabena(m): 11:52am On Jan 03, 2021
chatinent:
We are sinful by nature.

You only need to draw close to God first and watch God draw close to you. (James 4: 8 ).

You are sinful by nature don't use "we". That's how they make you lose your self esteem by telling you you're a sinner and useless until you receive their Jesus. fools.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can Salvation Be Lost? Let's See : Hebrews 6:4-6 - Paul Ellis / Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? / Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.