Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,629 members, 7,813,081 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:38 AM

Strange Noise While Reversing In The Morning - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Strange Noise While Reversing In The Morning (1681 Views)

See The Moment Driver Crashed BMW I8 While Reversing (photos/video) / Why Is Your Car Making Noise When Reversing? / Strange Noise Like KOKO KOKO When Driven On A Bad Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Strange Noise While Reversing In The Morning by Nobody: 9:31am On Jan 03, 2021
Good morning. I have noticed this strange noise each time I bring out my car first thing in the morning while in reverse. It only happens in the morning, other times I reverse without hearing the noise. What could it possibly be?
Re: Strange Noise While Reversing In The Morning by Nobody: 10:09am On Jan 03, 2021
Cc: Gazzuzz and co your help is needed
Re: Strange Noise While Reversing In The Morning by Lexusgs430: 10:28am On Jan 03, 2021
That reverse gear does not like the mornings...... Try reversing in the afternoon (don't start vehicle in the morning prior)........ smiley
Re: Strange Noise While Reversing In The Morning by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:57am On Jan 03, 2021
Lexusgs430:
That reverse gear does not like the mornings...... Try reversing in the afternoon (don't start vehicle in the morning prior)........ smiley

or park in reverse and drive out normally in the morning.

Sense will not kill me cool

7 Likes

Re: Strange Noise While Reversing In The Morning by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:58am On Jan 03, 2021
gwealthjnr:
Good morning. I have noticed this strange noise each time I bring out my car first thing in the morning while in reverse. It only happens in the morning, other times I reverse without hearing the noise. What could it possibly be?

Stiff calliper pins. My wife's car makes that annoying sound too, just that it's pro bono work so e go dey like that for some time

7 Likes

Re: Strange Noise While Reversing In The Morning by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 11:51am On Jan 03, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Stiff calliper pins. My wife's car makes that annoying sound too, just that it's pro bono work so e go dey like that for some time
shocked ghen ghen ghen I will tell mummy for you
Re: Strange Noise While Reversing In The Morning by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jan 03, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Thanks a lot boss
Re: Strange Noise While Reversing In The Morning by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jan 03, 2021
Lexusgs430:
Lol. It does the same thing, but after that one time, it works normally while reversing for the rest of the day
Re: Strange Noise While Reversing In The Morning by Nobody: 8:15am On Jan 17, 2021
Good morning, so here's an update to my earlier enquiry about my car making a strange noise when I reverse only in the mornings. My amiable Chairman Gazzuzz did point out that it was most likely stiff clipper pins and more of a pro bono job, but being the car is only just 4months old and I like to have everything in order, I took it to the mechanic and did state that I got expert advice saying it was stiff clipper pin. The mechanic drove the car and heard the noise that morning too and said it was somewhere in the handbrakes and so they cleaned it up and oiled it and then said if it continued they'd just completely disconnect the handbrakes. I was like can't we just get new ones instead of leaving the vehicle without handbrakes? Fast forward to this morning, P.S it was yesterday I took the car to the mechanic. This morning I drove out in reverse and in my opinion the noise was even worse. And I should also state that I have heard that noise a few times other times in the day too as to it only happening only in the morning. I'll need advice on what next to do? Allow them disconnect the handbrakes? Is the clipper pins in the handbrake or elsewhere? Because I have no idea.

Oga Gazzuzz, your assistance is once more needed here again, and Happy Sunday to you and the family. God bless you
Re: Strange Noise While Reversing In The Morning by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:27am On Jan 17, 2021
gwealthjnr:
Good morning, so here's an update to my earlier enquiry about my car making a strange noise when I reverse only in the mornings. My amiable Chairman Gazzuzz did point out that it was most likely stiff clipper pins and more of a pro bono job, but being the car is only just 4months old and I like to have everything in order, I took it to the mechanic and did state that I got expert advice saying it was stiff clipper pin. The mechanic drove the car and heard the noise that morning too and said it was somewhere in the handbrakes and so they cleaned it up and oiled it and then said if it continued they'd just completely disconnect the handbrakes. I was like can't we just get new ones instead of leaving the vehicle without handbrakes? Fast forward to this morning, P.S it was yesterday I took the car to the mechanic. This morning I drove out in reverse and in my opinion the noise was even worse. And I should also state that I have heard that noise a few times other times in the day too as to it only happening only in the morning. I'll need advice on what next to do? Allow them disconnect the handbrakes? Is the clipper pins in the handbrake or elsewhere? Because I have no idea.

Oga Gazzuzz, your assistance is once more needed here again, and Happy Sunday to you and the family. God bless you

So after I made that post , replaced my wife's rear brakepads and the noise went away. Hers is a brake pads rear with brake lining for parking brakes.

In your case you have given no info on vehicle type or model.

start by trying this today. When you park, DO NOT engage the parking brakes (aka hand brake) in the morning let's see if the noise is there .
Re: Strange Noise While Reversing In The Morning by Nobody: 11:16am On Jan 17, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

So after I made that post , replaced my wife's rear brakepads and the noise went away. Hers is a brake pads rear with brake lining for parking brakes.

In your case you have given no info on vehicle type or model.

start by trying this today. When you park, DO NOT engage the parking brakes (aka hand brake) in the morning let's see if the noise is there .
It's a lexus ES330 and I have actually never engaged the parking brakes before now
Re: Strange Noise While Reversing In The Morning by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:29am On Jan 17, 2021
gwealthjnr:
It's a lexus ES330 and I have actually never engaged the parking brakes before now

what's the brand name of the pads in the rear?
Re: Strange Noise While Reversing In The Morning by Nobody: 11:32am On Jan 17, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

I have no idea, will check after church
Re: Strange Noise While Reversing In The Morning by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jan 17, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

I just checked and I think the brake pads most have been replaced, I can't seem to find any written on it, like a brand name or model. OR could it be I'm not checking it right
Re: Strange Noise While Reversing In The Morning by myorh: 9:48am On Dec 27, 2021
I just checked and I think the brake pads most have been replaced, I can't seem to find any written on it, like a brand name or model. OR could it be I'm not checking it right

Have you been able to resolve this? I am having similar issue, but mine is the front driver side. Car is Camry 2013.

Cc oga @Gazzuzz, any Idea what the cause could be?
Re: Strange Noise While Reversing In The Morning by jarmy: 7:36am On Jan 10, 2023
I am having a similar issue Camry

(1) (Reply)

Foreign Used Honda Ridgeline 2006, 4M, 08117154581, Lagos. / Key Cutting/programming - Toyota Camry / Halla Or Primera. . .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.