Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,793 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

Radio Goddess Omidan Olayinka Talks On Asatainment Day 2021 Edition - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Radio Goddess Omidan Olayinka Talks On Asatainment Day 2021 Edition (538 Views)

Radio Goddess Displaying Ample Bosoms As She Joins Rebel Group / Lovely Pictures Of Radio Goddess, Moet Abebe / Radio Goddess, Moet Abebe, Fast Becoming Lord Of The Rings [PICS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Radio Goddess Omidan Olayinka Talks On Asatainment Day 2021 Edition by Frezhboi1: 1:07pm On Jan 03, 2021
Award winning OAP, Youtuber and Red Carpet host Olayinka Ajani Ajibade (Omidan Olayinka) popularly known for hosting Asatainment with Omidan on royal FM 95.1 every Sunday 3-4pm in a recent interview has hint on what to expect from the third edition of her biennial cultural event Asatainment Day

Asatainment Day as the name implies is a day set aside to commemorate and further cultural consciousness of the Yoruba people (IrĂ¡n Yoruba).

Talking on how the idea "Asatainment" came to live;

"It started as a radio show 10 years ago, and aside the fact that I studied Yoruba in school, am somebody that loves culture, as I was a formal Omidan (Miss Yoruba) at Tai Solarin University of Education.... So after school, I joined radio station and thought of enlighten people about how sweet our culture is, teach the young ones, remind the old ones about our culture.... So in the year 2015, a thought struck me to organize an event where people can experience our real culture as it was during the olden days such as eating inside a calabash, dress in old school ways, and other things that symbolizes our Yoruba Culture, and here we are today, planning for its season 3." She said.

The first edition (2015) & second edition (2018) saw a massive turnout of Yoruba icons, actors, obas, musicians, politicians, important dignitaries and lovers of my on air program Asatainment coming together to celebrate our great culture.

Speaking further, she disclosed why the program couldn't be a yearly event.

"Though it supposed to be a yearly event but as it is, it costs alot to put this kind of event together hence the reason why we make it a biennial cultural event. Even though for now, there has been three years spaces between each event and the first one was due to an economic crisis, the second delay was due to COVID-19. As we hope other subsequent events will be biennial."

WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THE THIRD EDITION OF ASATAINMENT DAY.

By God's grace, the third season of this event will be coming up by April 9th 2021. Our main artist for the third season will be 'Alhaji Sulaiman Alao Malaika' and we are expecting guests like Mr Latin, Hon Femi Adebayo, Wasilla coded, Oga Bello and many more.

The reason for holding the event in Ilorin, the capital of Kwara State is because its the base where we host its radio show. As time goes on, we may consider moving it to other cities.

For sponsorship and partnership, you can reach Omidan Olayinka Ajani via:

Email: Omidanolayinkaajani@gmail.com OR asatainmentconcept@gmail.com

Phone Number: 07062122706, 07085132245.

(1) (Reply)

Nollywood Actor, Jim Lawson Maduike Is Dead / Queen Of Gold Africa Pageant Award Summit Group Ltd Best Estate Developer / Fresh Guy! Checkout More Photos Of Toke Makinwa's New Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.