Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,179 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:21 AM

See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) (55028 Views)

Yam Setts/seed Yam Available. / Press Release: Exporters Debunk Yam Export Rejection Stories / Why US Rejected Nigeria's Yam - Audu Ogbeh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) by jumper524(m): 1:44pm On Jan 03, 2021
So earlier last year, my dad decided to go into yam business. The most common in my area kuje Abuja to be precise.

Since we're just starting, we bought seedlings worth of 40k.
We later found out that seedlings are more expensive and scarce during farming/planting period.
We got the land for free
We paid farmers #20 per ridges and we dug about 500ridges.
Meaning. #20*500= 10,000

Total money spent on investment was approximately#60,000 plus running cost.

The farmers were paid 6k to harvest the whole yam.
Those guys started as early as 6am and we're done by 2pm just 3 of them.

Truck that packed it was paid 1k.

Pic 1 and 2, the big size yams we want to sell. Those buyers are pricing 45k

Pic 3 are the ones for home and family consumption. Any remainder would be added to seedlings.

Pics 4, the small yams we want to preserve as seedlings.

Think we got a lot from our investment in the end.

80 Likes 5 Shares

Re: See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) by Yuceeluv(f): 1:49pm On Jan 03, 2021
Amazing.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jan 03, 2021
Somebody should gimme land, I want to plant yam biko

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) by jumper524(m): 1:53pm On Jan 03, 2021
lalasticlala this year has been so good oo.
even though we didn't generate cash profit from it this year, we are positive we would get better next year..

86 Likes 5 Shares

Re: See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) by jumper524(m): 2:00pm On Jan 03, 2021
southniyikaye:
Somebody should gimme land, I want to plant yam biko
lol..
getting land in the northern part of the country shouldn't be a problem.
you just need to relate well with some individuals and your good to go.
if you can't, you can still get lands at cheap rate for rent.
bro I suggest you buy your seedlings now and preserve them till farming starts

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) by Kriss216: 2:13pm On Jan 03, 2021
Guy, you go chop Yam taya this period. They should nickname you Yamri in your locality.

146 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) by Mide3367: 2:17pm On Jan 03, 2021
Agriculture is the best jare wink

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) by jumper524(m): 2:25pm On Jan 03, 2021
Kriss216:
Guy, you go chop Yam taya this period. They should nickname you Yamri in your locality.
brother I dey in the process of my pounded yam sef.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) by BlueQ: 2:40pm On Jan 03, 2021
jumper524:
brother I dey in the process of my pounded yam sef.

I like to discuss with you about this. How can I reach you?

10 Likes

Re: See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jan 03, 2021
I'm inspired. I have invested in two pregnant sows this year, I hope to have my own testimony.

9 Likes

Re: See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) by paix(m): 3:46pm On Jan 03, 2021
jumper524:

lol..
getting land in the northern part of the country should be a problem.
you just need to relate well with some individuals and your good to go.
if you can't, you can still get lands at cheap rate for rent.
bro I suggest you buy your seedlings now and preserve them till farming starts
I don't believe you.

1 Like

Re: See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) by ola31701: 6:42pm On Jan 03, 2021
Agriculture is the best jare

4 Likes

Re: See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) by jumper524(m): 7:15pm On Jan 03, 2021
paix:
I don't believe you.
sorry bro I meant shouldn't.

1 Like

Re: See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) by jumper524(m): 7:17pm On Jan 03, 2021
BlueQ:

I like to discuss with you about this. How can I reach you?
send a pm

1 Like

Re: See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) by paix(m): 8:47pm On Jan 03, 2021
jumper524:
sorry bro I meant shouldn't.
Ok, happy new year.
Re: See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) by Godpikin4real(f): 6:59pm On Jan 30, 2021
angry sadz

2 Likes

Re: See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) by KossyKiss97(f): 6:59pm On Jan 30, 2021
Wow

Please visit any living faith church aka Winners chapel closest to you for service tomorrow. You can also connect online

God bless you

1 Like

Re: See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) by sammysmiles(m): 6:59pm On Jan 30, 2021
Nice
Re: See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) by Buharidgeneral: 7:00pm On Jan 30, 2021
Herdsmen shouldn't see this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jan 30, 2021
Not much
Re: See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) by tillaman(m): 7:00pm On Jan 30, 2021
grin
Re: See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) by WiszyFraud: 7:01pm On Jan 30, 2021
angry

This guy above me, what do you really gain in steadily opening new accts just to post this same rubbish over and over?? undecided

Back to the topic, Which kind unhealthy yams be this one naa...bros Op?? undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) by Uniquepro773: 7:01pm On Jan 30, 2021
Cool
Re: See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) by Godpikin4real(f): 7:01pm On Jan 30, 2021
Wow!!!
Re: See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) by Gkay1(m): 7:03pm On Jan 30, 2021
Agricultural is d best if herdsmen are not in your area

7 Likes

Re: See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) by Omezif(m): 7:03pm On Jan 30, 2021
That's why buhari wants every nigeria to go to farm.
Farmers especially from the north are enjoying his administration quite alright.

1 Like

Re: See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) by Uyi168: 7:03pm On Jan 30, 2021
I'll definitely go into agric in the nearest future..

2 Likes

Re: See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) by FreezedIced: 7:04pm On Jan 30, 2021
The labour is so cheap

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG To Kill Pests In 12 Northern States With N13bn / The Tiny Egg I Saw In My Poultry Pen Today (Pics) / Huge Python Killed In Isuikwuato, Abia After Swallowing Sheep (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.