Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) (55062 Views)

Yam Setts/seed Yam Available. / Press Release: Exporters Debunk Yam Export Rejection Stories / Why US Rejected Nigeria's Yam - Audu Ogbeh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) by GodisFirst: 11:21am On Jan 31, 2021
Ayilara1:
Seriously, I'm asking with humility. How is this profitable?

If they are to sell everything will they make 100k?

Hello Dear, you need to understand that this is extra to the family. what if they had kept the 65k, at the end of the year, it will yield nothing.
So long as there is increase after deducting every cost.
Again, in that same farm (500 ridges as he said) that was cultivated with 10000, they can add other crops that they would harvest before or after the yam matures. this is additional profit.
Note: You have to plant crops that will not compete with the yam in draining the nutrients in the soil, but look for some that fix nutrients for the yam. Example is Leguminous plants (legumes) and some other vegetables that are Nitrogen fixing plants.
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/leguminous

1 Like

Re: See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) by Goalnaldo(m): 11:45am On Jan 31, 2021
GreatManBee:

Good job well done. If you invested 60k and buyers are only willing to pay 45k. How do you consider that a good investment. Especially looking at all the work you have put into it.
was about saying that. Input 60k output 40k. You lost brother
Re: See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) by hansomb: 1:00pm On Jan 31, 2021
This is what the youth should be putting there energy into to feed the nation and even export to neighboring countries and not engaging in some Ponzi schemes or cashapp activities that only leads to stories that touches the heart. This is real investment that your body can see and your soul can feel and yourself, family and society will be better off from.

1 Like

Re: See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) by hansomb: 1:03pm On Jan 31, 2021
Goalnaldo:
was about saying that. Input 60k output 40k. You lost brother
. They did not lost in my humble opinion. He must have learn one or two things from the experience. And also you did not factor the yam seed and the food they got out of it and also the employment the created.
Re: See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) by durasome(m): 3:38pm On Jan 31, 2021
jumper524:
So earlier last year, my dad decided to go into yam business. The most common in my area kuje Abuja to be precise.

Since we're just starting, we bought seedlings worth of 40k.
We later found out that seedlings are more expensive and scarce during farming/planting period.
We got the land for free
We paid farmers #20 per ridges and we dug about 500ridges.
Meaning. #20*500= 10,000

Total money spent on investment was approximately#60,000 plus running cost.

The farmers were paid 6k to harvest the whole yam.
Those guys started as early as 6am and we're done by 2pm just 3 of them.

Truck that packed it was paid 1k.

Pic 1 and 2, the big size yams we want to sell. Those buyers are pricing 45k

Pic 3 are the ones for home and family consumption. Any remainder would be added to seedlings.

Pics 4, the small yams we want to preserve as seedlings.

Think we got a lot from our investment in the end.
.o mehn see sick yams ooo.
Re: See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) by lebete3000: 3:52pm On Jan 31, 2021
jumper524:
So earlier last year, my dad decided to go into yam business. The most common in my area kuje Abuja to be precise.

We later found out that seedlings are more expensive and scarce during farming/planting period.
We got the land for free
Meaning. #20*500= 10,000

Pic 3 are the ones for home and family consumption. Any remainder would be added to seedlings.

How many months will it take for the yam to be ready for cultivation?
Re: See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) by Kfed4ril(m): 4:46pm On Feb 03, 2021
jumper524:

We got the land for free
Meaning. #20*500= 10,000

How can I contact you bro?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG To Kill Pests In 12 Northern States With N13bn / The Tiny Egg I Saw In My Poultry Pen Today (Pics) / Huge Python Killed In Isuikwuato, Abia After Swallowing Sheep (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.