Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,684 members, 7,809,587 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:40 AM

Attack On Herdsmen In Ebonyi: Umahi Orders Arrest Of People Circulating Video - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Attack On Herdsmen In Ebonyi: Umahi Orders Arrest Of People Circulating Video (31622 Views)

Umahi Orders Soldiers To Flog Civil Servants In Ebonyi For Coming Late (Video) / Umahi Orders The Arrest Of Godfrey Chikwere Over Facebook Post He Made / PDP lost 300,000 votes to card readers failure in Ebonyi - Umahi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Attack On Herdsmen In Ebonyi: Umahi Orders Arrest Of People Circulating Video by lalasticlala(m): 3:09pm On Jan 04, 2021
Umahi orders arrest of persons circulating video alleging attack on herders in Ebonyi

The Chairman of the Southeast Governors Forum and Governor of Ebonyi State, David Umahi on Monday directed the immediate arrest and prosecution of some persons alleged to be circulating a video and audio message on social media that Fulani herdsmen were under attack in the state.

Umahi made this known while speaking with journalists shortly after an emergency meeting between the state government and the leadership of Miyeti Allah, which took place at the cabinet office.

The Governor said the video and audio circulating social media was already causing panic and tension in the country, especially in the state.

He, however, alleged that the opposition party and other perceived enemies of the government are behind the circulation of such videos, with the intention to breach the existing relationship between the Ebonyi State government and Fulani herdsmen.

He said: “I have noted that the video and audio circular on social media platforms are creating fear. In Abakaliki local government area last night, two cows were killed and so, my directive is that the security agencies should wake up.

“They should arrest anybody that is trying to discuss any matter that is between life and death including the Fulani herdsmen.
This must be taken seriously and I will not accept the delay in retrieving this fake news that is causing panic already in all over the country.

“That is not a good thing, because we kept quiet.

“I want the attorney general and commissioner for justice and local government chairmen to direct the herdsmen to keep watch over their cattle.

“I also want the local government to check if we can provide extra security around the herdsmen at the local level”
he stated.

Meanwhile, the leadership of Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association, MACBAN in Ebonyi has disassociated itself from the purported controversial video and audio.

The Chairman of MACBAN, Alhaji Usman Ishaku, in a communiqué in Abakaliki denied the allegation making the rounds that herdsmen were attacked and chased out from the state.

“The audio and video in circulation on social media platforms alleging that herdsmen were being attacked and chased out of Ebonyi State, are false, fake, misleading and an orchestrated attempt by mischief makers and enemies of peace to cause disharmony between the peace-loving people of Ebonyi and Fulani herdsmen residents in the state” the group stated.

Alhaji Usman Ishaku maintained that herdsmen were enjoying their stay in Ebonyi and that there was no violence.

https://dailypost.ng/2021/01/04/umahi-orders-arrest-of-persons-circulating-video-alleging-attack-on-herders-in-ebonyi/

1 Like

Re: Attack On Herdsmen In Ebonyi: Umahi Orders Arrest Of People Circulating Video by LegendHero(m): 3:10pm On Jan 04, 2021
Excerpt from Umahi Statement for those that won’t read the post.

“He, however, alleged that the opposition party and other perceived enemies of the government are behind the circulation of such videos, with the intention to breach the existing relationship between the Ebonyi State government and Fulani herdsmen.”

“I also want the local government to check if we can provide extra security around the herdsmen at the local level” he stated”

“They should arrest anybody that is trying to discuss any matter that is between life and death including the Fulani herdsmen.”

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attack On Herdsmen In Ebonyi: Umahi Orders Arrest Of People Circulating Video by Kingosytex(m): 3:11pm On Jan 04, 2021
Iron Gate has spoken.

We all should desist from circulating news or better still rumours that heat up the polity unnecessarily.

Umahi should be more concerned at providing adequate security for his people not the herdsmen, the herdsmen live in the bush and as such need no security...or him wan send policemen dem enter forest to go protect the herdsmen...ayam not understanding.

34 Likes

Re: Attack On Herdsmen In Ebonyi: Umahi Orders Arrest Of People Circulating Video by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jan 04, 2021
Lobatan

I just hope these northerners have not start taking laws into their hands....
They are already spewing trash online

2 Likes

Re: Attack On Herdsmen In Ebonyi: Umahi Orders Arrest Of People Circulating Video by Jaazz: 3:13pm On Jan 04, 2021
Herdsmen can not carry their hundreds of cows to stay in your face me and face you apartment in the east.

They mount temporary camp in the bush to herd their cows and not to disturb locals with the movement of their cows.

Why are you people chasing them??

Why stereotyping and attacking them??

Imagine using the sin of few criminals to criminalize a whole tribe.

We have few Hausafulanis in the east compare to millions of Igbos in the north.

If anything is not done... Then we'll surely Reciprocate!

12 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Attack On Herdsmen In Ebonyi: Umahi Orders Arrest Of People Circulating Video by Jaazz: 3:13pm On Jan 04, 2021
Just imagine... Attacking and chasing people because they're Fulanis??

If not for herdsmen I don't see any average Fulani man traveling to East for any reason with the level of hate emancipating from there!

10 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Attack On Herdsmen In Ebonyi: Umahi Orders Arrest Of People Circulating Video by madmohamed(m): 3:13pm On Jan 04, 2021

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attack On Herdsmen In Ebonyi: Umahi Orders Arrest Of People Circulating Video by condralbedez: 3:14pm On Jan 04, 2021
The audio and video in circulation on social media platforms alleging that herdsmen were being attacked and chased out of Ebonyi State, are false, fake, misleading and an orchestrated attempt by mischief makers and enemies of peace to cause disharmony between the peace-loving people of Ebonyi and Fulani herdsmen residents in the state” the group stated.

Let's hope so!

10 Likes

Re: Attack On Herdsmen In Ebonyi: Umahi Orders Arrest Of People Circulating Video by Biafrannuke: 3:15pm On Jan 04, 2021
Anuofia

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attack On Herdsmen In Ebonyi: Umahi Orders Arrest Of People Circulating Video by dignity33: 3:15pm On Jan 04, 2021
Umahi you are certainly not making sense, let them come out of people farm rent a house and live like normal people.

99 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Attack On Herdsmen In Ebonyi: Umahi Orders Arrest Of People Circulating Video by dignity33: 3:22pm On Jan 04, 2021
How many house of people were demolished in Abuja, Lagos and other part of country by government and is called illegal structures but ordinary a huts build in a people farmland by herdsmen Umahi wouldn't allowed us hear something.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Attack On Herdsmen In Ebonyi: Umahi Orders Arrest Of People Circulating Video by Poloyanabo2(m): 3:22pm On Jan 04, 2021
Why sir?
Why not try to make reparations rather than trying to hide the truth?
The truth should be told no matter what.
Re: Attack On Herdsmen In Ebonyi: Umahi Orders Arrest Of People Circulating Video by lastcall: 3:24pm On Jan 04, 2021
Vagabonds in power, is the problem with this country

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attack On Herdsmen In Ebonyi: Umahi Orders Arrest Of People Circulating Video by 900warriorz: 3:25pm On Jan 04, 2021
Hmmmmm....God no go shame us oo.

I just hope enemies of the state are not trying to bring up reasons to regulate Social media by making such a video viral

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attack On Herdsmen In Ebonyi: Umahi Orders Arrest Of People Circulating Video by Ojeigbo(m): 3:26pm On Jan 04, 2021
Re: Attack On Herdsmen In Ebonyi: Umahi Orders Arrest Of People Circulating Video by Plut01: 3:26pm On Jan 04, 2021

Trying his best to avoid problems, of course from his Master up North.

These southern Governors will not use their Medulla until people start throwing stone at them and their relatives.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Attack On Herdsmen In Ebonyi: Umahi Orders Arrest Of People Circulating Video by Downey(f): 3:27pm On Jan 04, 2021
I don't even understand
Re: Attack On Herdsmen In Ebonyi: Umahi Orders Arrest Of People Circulating Video by Flexherbal(m): 3:28pm On Jan 04, 2021
Umahi made this known while speaking with journalists shortly after an emergency meeting between the state government and the leadership of Miyeti Allah, which took place at the cabinet office.

Okay
Re: Attack On Herdsmen In Ebonyi: Umahi Orders Arrest Of People Circulating Video by useIess2020: 3:28pm On Jan 04, 2021
Jaazz:
Good bless Umahi!
are you a Northerner?
This asslicker of a governor will blame IPOB for this

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attack On Herdsmen In Ebonyi: Umahi Orders Arrest Of People Circulating Video by FreshMade02: 3:28pm On Jan 04, 2021
Oga o
Re: Attack On Herdsmen In Ebonyi: Umahi Orders Arrest Of People Circulating Video by Omoslim26: 3:28pm On Jan 04, 2021
ok

It's too early for all dis oo
Re: Attack On Herdsmen In Ebonyi: Umahi Orders Arrest Of People Circulating Video by BanevsJoker(m): 3:29pm On Jan 04, 2021
That guy sef...he wants to provide security for people who already wield AK-47s. Na wah.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attack On Herdsmen In Ebonyi: Umahi Orders Arrest Of People Circulating Video by Exc2000: 3:30pm On Jan 04, 2021
cool

Alhaji Dauda Umahi

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Attack On Herdsmen In Ebonyi: Umahi Orders Arrest Of People Circulating Video by BraggaJustice: 3:31pm On Jan 04, 2021
I can't blame him because what ipob did in that video can send the wrong message that igbos are chasing Fulanis from the SE, and the consequences can be unpredictable because some Northerners are already threatening to retaliate on twitter.

8 Likes

Re: Attack On Herdsmen In Ebonyi: Umahi Orders Arrest Of People Circulating Video by Marvellously2Me: 3:31pm On Jan 04, 2021
I saw a comment of mynd44 yesterday which he commented about reprisal attack and most igbos were attacking him, it is about to happen.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attack On Herdsmen In Ebonyi: Umahi Orders Arrest Of People Circulating Video by Harrykn: 3:31pm On Jan 04, 2021
We call lat Ass licking.
Re: Attack On Herdsmen In Ebonyi: Umahi Orders Arrest Of People Circulating Video by CoolConcept441: 3:31pm On Jan 04, 2021
Nawa o

Get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

Re: Attack On Herdsmen In Ebonyi: Umahi Orders Arrest Of People Circulating Video by DontBullshitMe: 3:31pm On Jan 04, 2021

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Muslim Students Reject Oduduwa Republic / Lady Put To Bed Safely After Shouting ''The God Of Gov. Wike'' Thrice (video) / APC, PDP Senators, Reps Draw Battle Line

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.