Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,661 members, 7,813,225 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:56 AM

'We Don’t Have Money To Fight COVID-19 But We Have God'-Adeboye Tells Bill Gates - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 'We Don’t Have Money To Fight COVID-19 But We Have God'-Adeboye Tells Bill Gates (620 Views)

I’m Nothing, But Don’t Mock My God,’ Adeboye Cautions Critics / Pastor E.A. Adeboye Tells The Story Of How He Once Drank Tea With God / Reinhard Bonnke: "We Don’t Collect Offering At Our Crusades" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'We Don’t Have Money To Fight COVID-19 But We Have God'-Adeboye Tells Bill Gates by jaybenugo: 6:40pm On Jan 04, 2021
Redeemed Christian Church of God General Overseer, Pastor Enoch Adeboye has stated that Nigeria may not have money or resources to fight the COVID-19 pandemic, but the country has God.

IgbereTV reports that Adeboye spoke on Sunday at the January 2021 Special Thanksgiving Service and Ground-Breaking Ceremony of the Coastline Worship Centre of the Redeemed Church of God National Headquarters, Throne of Grace, Ebutte-Metta, Lagos.

Adeboye's statement comes in response to a statement made by Billionaire Microsoft founder, Bill Gate, who recently said he didn't understand why COVID-19 cases and fatalities were low in Africa, a region that lacked enough healthcare, financial resources and Government will power to fight the scourge.

Bill Gates said he expected African bodies to litter around 'like flies'

Adeboye in response said: “When I read that it will take 10 years to vaccinate people in the U.S., I wonder when the vaccine will come to Nigeria. We have no money; we have no resources, but we have God. They expected us to be dying like flies, but we have a God who says he that dwells in the secret place will be under the shadow of the almighty.”

According to Adeboye, God told him in his 2021 prophecy that the world has not learned its lesson.

“It is the God that reigns and rules in the affairs of men and the world must recognise his lordship in all that they do,” Pastor Adeboye said.

He assured Christian faithful that “any calamity that comes, we will survive”.

“Ebola came, we survived; coronavirus came, we survived and whatever may come in the future, we will survive because we will keep praising God,” the cleric stated.

He urged his listeners not to be afraid, declaring that God would take care of His own.

“There is fear in the air. Fear is a killer. Some people will die of hypertension because they are afraid. Coronavirus may not come near them at all, but fear can kill them,” he said.

“When you ask a man to do a job only God can do, don’t blame him if he makes mistakes. When I heard they closed down some restaurants, I was wondering. What about those of us who go to bukas (roadside eateries), how many bukas are you going to close? What are you going to do about people like me who eat boli (roasted plantain),” Adeboye said.

Adeboye, however, warned: “I do not say be careless. Wear your mask. We are particular about hygiene. Keep watching your hands. Do social distancing as much as possible. Obey the government. Wash your hands.”

He said, however, that he would not allow social distancing to stop him from laying hands on the sick. “The Lord told me loud and clear, RCCG is my Church. I can take care of my own. I will not be afraid. My God will take care of me,” he said.

“If you are ungrateful, he can withdraw what he has done. Sooner or later, you will need God again, so be grateful,” he said.

https://igberetvnews.com/1377860/dont-money-fight-covid-19-god-pastor-adeboye-tells-bill-gates/

Lalasticlala

Re: 'We Don’t Have Money To Fight COVID-19 But We Have God'-Adeboye Tells Bill Gates by sonmvayina(m): 6:52pm On Jan 04, 2021
The God they gave you....

If anything is saving us from corona it is our weather....

2 Likes

Re: 'We Don’t Have Money To Fight COVID-19 But We Have God'-Adeboye Tells Bill Gates by Blakjewelry(m): 7:02pm On Jan 04, 2021
sonmvayina:
The God they gave you....

If anything is saving us from corona it is our weather....
we keep living in the past, they gave us religion and dump it for science. now we claim to be the torchbearer but our lives portray otherwise

3 Likes

Re: 'We Don’t Have Money To Fight COVID-19 But We Have God'-Adeboye Tells Bill Gates by Righteousness2(m): 7:34pm On Jan 04, 2021
Very well said sir!

We Have the Highest...
We Have the Greatest..

Only GOD Has Kept Nigeria and Africa at Large..
Only GOD Has disappointed the devices and Craftiness of the Wicked. ( They know themselves)
Only GOD Has Disappointed the wishes and Prophecies of billy and his click.

GOD is no Respecter of Persons or Nations! It is those that Honors Him that He Honors.
The republic of Tanzania is a living Example. President Magufuli personally Sought the Face of GOD from the Start. Today the nation of Tanzania is like they are not part of the world. They have no money but because they sought GOD , they are living fully in Goshen.

The Battle is still raging!! If Nigerians will Put their Trust in GOD and stay off evil, Nigeria will be in Full Goshen..

2 Likes

Re: 'We Don’t Have Money To Fight COVID-19 But We Have God'-Adeboye Tells Bill Gates by xxxtedyxxx(m): 7:38pm On Jan 04, 2021
God of men.
Re: 'We Don’t Have Money To Fight COVID-19 But We Have God'-Adeboye Tells Bill Gates by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:39pm On Jan 04, 2021
Yet some ignoramuses here who claim intelligence would be still be using the weather in Africa as an excuse.

Here's someone that should know better admitting that what happened in Africa defies human wisdom and comprehension.

God using the foolish things (Africa) of this world to confound the wise (USA etc).

That's how my God rolls.

When the time comes, everyone would come to know who's actually the Lord of all the Earth.

God bless.

2 Likes

Re: 'We Don’t Have Money To Fight COVID-19 But We Have God'-Adeboye Tells Bill Gates by OkCornel(m): 7:55pm On Jan 04, 2021
Smh, is God now an excuse for poverty and decaying infrastructure in Africa?

How some people dey take reason sef?!

When the bubble bursts, I wonder what these clowns would say.

Nigeria! Subsaharan Africa! Put your affairs in order. Grace does not last forever.

3 Likes

Re: 'We Don’t Have Money To Fight COVID-19 But We Have God'-Adeboye Tells Bill Gates by Draslo(m): 8:04pm On Jan 04, 2021
Righteousness2:
Very well said sir!

We Have the Highest...
We Have the Greatest..

Only GOD Has Kept Nigeria and Africa at Large..
Only GOD Has disappointed the devices and Craftiness of the Wicked. ( They know themselves)
Only GOD Has Disappointed the wishes and Prophecies of billy and his click.

GOD is no Respecter of Persons or Nations! It is those that Honors Him that He Honors.
The republic of Tanzania is a living Example. President Magufuli personally Sought the Face of GOD from the Start. Today the nation of Tanzania is like they are not part of the world. They have no money but because they sought GOD , they are living fully in Goshen.

The Battle is still raging!! If Nigerians will Put their Trust in GOD and stay off evil, Nigeria will be in Full Goshen..
Bullshit as usual. You people will soon start printing banners for programs like 'Covid-19 will not kill me'

3 Likes

Re: 'We Don’t Have Money To Fight COVID-19 But We Have God'-Adeboye Tells Bill Gates by paxonel(m): 9:06pm On Jan 04, 2021
Bill gate is right!
We Africans were lucky that it has been like that since, not today, that due to our environmental climatic conditions, our natural immune system may have been adapted to fever and malaria which have been killing Europeans in large number. The same thing is observed in this covid-19 outbreak.

Don't mind these pastors, wetin concern God concern luck?
Re: 'We Don’t Have Money To Fight COVID-19 But We Have God'-Adeboye Tells Bill Gates by WhiteIverson: 9:06pm On Jan 04, 2021
I don't know why people feel Nigeria is a special country chosen by God.

2 Likes

Re: 'We Don’t Have Money To Fight COVID-19 But We Have God'-Adeboye Tells Bill Gates by kingxsamz(m): 10:04pm On Jan 04, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Yet some ignoramuses here who claim intelligence would be still be using the weather in Africa as an excuse.

Here's someone that should know better admitting that what happened in Africa defies human wisdom and comprehension.

God using the foolish things (Africa) of this world to confound the wise (USA etc).

That's how my God rolls.

When the time comes, everyone would come to know who's actually the Lord of all the Earth.

God bless.

Lmao.. Your country has at least 3 churches in every street dedicated to this your god, but still your country is the main abode of poverty, corruption, terrorism, hunger, crime, religious conflicts, and cult wars. The definition of a third world country. These things which kills faster than coronavirus has never left your country since it gained independence, and you're here thinking a god is protecting the lives of Nigerians. That's what I call delusion. undecided
Re: 'We Don’t Have Money To Fight COVID-19 But We Have God'-Adeboye Tells Bill Gates by ANTIlSLAM(m): 10:10pm On Jan 04, 2021
Issorite
Re: 'We Don’t Have Money To Fight COVID-19 But We Have God'-Adeboye Tells Bill Gates by jesusjnr2020(m): 5:20am On Jan 05, 2021
kingxsamz:

Lmao.. Your country has at least 3 churches in every street dedicated to this your god, but still your country is the main abode of poverty, corruption, terrorism, hunger, crime, religious conflicts, and cult wars. The definition of a third world country. These things which kills faster than coronavirus has never left your country since it gained independence, and you're here thinking a god is protecting the lives of Nigerians. That's what I call delusion. undecided
Ain't it obvious that when you can attribute everything bad in Africa to religion, but not anything good which comes out of it, you're not being objective but completely driven by sentiments?

Even Bill Gates knows all you listed above and even gave it as a reason why Covid-19 should have been more devastating in Africa. But it's a big puzzle to him why it wasn't, right? At least that's someone who's being honest with himself not one whose good judgment has been seriously mpeded by antireligious sentiments.

God bless.

2 Likes

Re: 'We Don’t Have Money To Fight COVID-19 But We Have God'-Adeboye Tells Bill Gates by kingxsamz(m): 6:49am On Jan 05, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Ain't it obvious that when you can attribute everything bad in Africa to religion, but not anything good which comes out of it, you're not being objective but completely driven by sentiments?

Even Bill Gates knows all you listed above and even gave it as a reason why Covid-19 should have been more devastating in Africa. But it's a big puzzle to him why it wasn't, right? At least that's someone who's being honest with himself not one whose good judgment has been seriously mpeded by antireligious sentiments.

God bless.

Lol, shifting goal posts already?
I didn't attribute anything to any religion.
You're the one who claimed that your god is protecting Nigeria, and I listed some of the things which your god hasn't been able to stop since time immemorial, even though there are thousands upon thousands of churches dedicated to this your god.

1 Like

Re: 'We Don’t Have Money To Fight COVID-19 But We Have God'-Adeboye Tells Bill Gates by bigjackass: 9:54am On Jan 05, 2021
The fact is that our bodies over here are accustomed to the symptoms of cobid 19 which is similar to the symptoms of malaria, typhoid, pneumonia and other fevers.
Re: 'We Don’t Have Money To Fight COVID-19 But We Have God'-Adeboye Tells Bill Gates by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:35am On Jan 05, 2021
kingxsamz:

Lol, shifting goal posts already?
I didn't attribute anything to any religion.
You're the one who claimed that your god is protecting Nigeria, and I listed some of the things which your god hasn't been able to stop since time immemorial, even though there are thousands upon thousands of churches dedicated to this your god.
Yeah. If blamed God or religion for everything wrong going on in this country and continent, I wouldn't be shifting any goal post. In fact, I wouldn't be here having any conversation with you, because you'd have just liked and shared my comment and moved on with your God-hating life.

But because I appreciated God for this miraculous outcome in Africa that stunned the wise of the world like Bill Gates, you're here not quoting me upandan and spitting gibberish as if I had struck a discordant cord in you.

Continue deceiving yourself but I have said my own. Take it or leave it. It doesn't change that fact!

2 Likes

Re: 'We Don’t Have Money To Fight COVID-19 But We Have God'-Adeboye Tells Bill Gates by kingxsamz(m): 11:01am On Jan 05, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Yeah. If blamed God or religion for everything wrong going on in this country and continent, I wouldn't be shifting any goal post. In fact, I wouldn't be here having any conversation with you, because you'd have just liked and shared my comment and moved on with your God-hating life.

But because I appreciated God for this miraculous outcome in Africa that stunned the wise of the world like Bill Gates, you're here not quoting me upandan and spitting gibberish as if I had struck a discordant cord in you.

Continue deceiving yourself but I have said my own. Take it or leave it. It doesn't change that fact!

Eyah. It's your way sha.
Always getting butt hurt and pained by my comments.
It's a public forum bro, if you don't like it, just ignore.
Anyways, my point still stands. If your fairytale sky daddy and all the numerous sky daddies out there can rescue Nigeria from its current state, then maybe your write up about a divine being helping Nigeria would make sense.
Re: 'We Don’t Have Money To Fight COVID-19 But We Have God'-Adeboye Tells Bill Gates by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jan 05, 2021
Yes o. Revival will start in Africa especially Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 'We Don’t Have Money To Fight COVID-19 But We Have God'-Adeboye Tells Bill Gates by jesusjnr2020(m): 1:53pm On Jan 05, 2021
kingxsamz:

Eyah. It's your way sha.
Always getting butt hurt and pained by my comments.
It's a public forum bro, if you don't like it, just ignore.
Anyways, my point still stands. If your fairytale sky daddy and all the numerous sky daddies out there can rescue Nigeria from its current state, then maybe your write up about a divine being helping Nigeria would make sense.
Feel free to believe that which exists only in your imagination if it make you feel much better about your miserable life.

That's why you can't stand my comments which compounds your misery even more that you have to keep quoting it, but want to make it seem it's the other way around to console yourself.

As I said earlier, continue deceiving yourself if that gives you temporary relief...

1 Like

Re: 'We Don’t Have Money To Fight COVID-19 But We Have God'-Adeboye Tells Bill Gates by obonujoker(m): 2:11pm On Jan 05, 2021
Amen
Re: 'We Don’t Have Money To Fight COVID-19 But We Have God'-Adeboye Tells Bill Gates by kingxsamz(m): 3:03pm On Jan 05, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Feel free to believe that which exists only in your imagination if it make you feel much better about your miserable life.

That's why you can't stand my comments which compounds your misery even more that you have to keep quoting it, but want to make it seem it's the other way around to console yourself.

As I said earlier, continue deceiving yourself if that gives you temporary relief...

Lol, calm down bro.
You're taking this thing too personal. grin
If we even cross paths in real life, we might vibe without even knowing about each other's belief and non-belief. See how triggered you are simply because I mentioned your imaginary sky daddy.
Calm down. Insulting me is only exposing your frustration. My point still stands anyways. cheesy
You'll be fine 'las las'.
Re: 'We Don’t Have Money To Fight COVID-19 But We Have God'-Adeboye Tells Bill Gates by Uyi168: 5:58pm On Jan 05, 2021
jaybenugo:

https://igberetvnews.com/1377860/dont-money-fight-covid-19-god-pastor-adeboye-tells-bill-gates/

Lalasticlala
When will this God start fighting boko haran and those bandits killing Christians in the north??

1 Like

Re: 'We Don’t Have Money To Fight COVID-19 But We Have God'-Adeboye Tells Bill Gates by Kobojunkie: 7:53pm On Jan 05, 2021
Nuttella:
Yes o. Revival will start in Africa especially Nigeria.
Revival of what? undecided
Re: 'We Don’t Have Money To Fight COVID-19 But We Have God'-Adeboye Tells Bill Gates by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:44am On Jan 06, 2021
kingxsamz:

Lol, calm down bro.
You're taking this thing too personal. grin
If we even cross paths in real life, we might vibe without even knowing about each other's belief and non-belief. See how triggered you are simply because I mentioned your imaginary sky daddy.
Calm down. Insulting me is only exposing your frustration. My point still stands anyways. cheesy
You'll be fine 'las las'.
Lol!

It's strange that you could consider my comments as insults when you get fulfilment from insulting the One who made it possible for you not to be a mere statue.

So any insults you get you deserve and even much more because you can't be insulting your Maker and expect not to reap a harvest of insults in return.
Re: 'We Don’t Have Money To Fight COVID-19 But We Have God'-Adeboye Tells Bill Gates by donnie(m): 8:50am On Jan 06, 2021
Mtcheew. Prophets that are blind or that cannot call a fraud for what it is.
Re: 'We Don’t Have Money To Fight COVID-19 But We Have God'-Adeboye Tells Bill Gates by kingxsamz(m): 9:13am On Jan 06, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Lol!

It's strange that you could consider my comments as insults when you get fulfilment from insulting the One who made it possible for you not to be a mere statue.

So any insults you get you deserve and even much more because you can't be insulting your Maker and expect not to reap a harvest of insults in return.

You mean your imaginary sky lord?
Nah, sorry I don't acknowledge the existence of a white sky daddy living in the clouds.

1 Like

Re: 'We Don’t Have Money To Fight COVID-19 But We Have God'-Adeboye Tells Bill Gates by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:38am On Jan 06, 2021
kingxsamz:

You mean your imaginary sky lord?
Nah, sorry I don't acknowledge the existence of a white sky daddy living in the clouds.
Same to you.
Re: 'We Don’t Have Money To Fight COVID-19 But We Have God'-Adeboye Tells Bill Gates by kingxsamz(m): 9:51am On Jan 06, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Same to you.

grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

The Price That Jesus Paid, For Our Salvation. / Did Old Testament Saint Became Righteous Through Their Works? / D'banj Rededicates His Life To Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.