Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,293 members, 7,811,879 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:00 PM

Business Visa Uk. What Do You Think? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Business Visa Uk. What Do You Think? (1201 Views)

1st Timer In The Uk What To Do? Where To Shop And What To Expect? / U.s Business Visa B1/b2 Interview : What To Expect / I Am To Attend A Conference In Uk, What Type Of Visa Am To Go For? Thanks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Business Visa Uk. What Do You Think? by dtraveler: 8:59am On Mar 30, 2011
Am not really a traveller, am more of a sit at a spot person, but situation warrants I apply for the business visa. I will like to know what the gurus think abt my application as follows:

Still filling my VAF1C
Also, my supplier in the UK sent me their letterhead and complimentary card, they'll print the letter as finally agreed, however, part of what has been agreed so far is, they'll take care of my trip to and fro london uk, and hotel accomodation, and the visit will be restricted to about 1 week.
Documents intended to provide:
1. Proof of existing relationship:

a. original Air way bills over a 1year period
b. Proof of transfer, thinking of getting the swift transfer copy for each transfers from our accounts/bank to theirs over the same period as a.
c. Invoices to show trading activities.

2. Evidence of business over here:
a. local account statement in the last 6 months ( don't know if 1year is better, cos I switched accounts within that period ), it's a corporate account.
b. company registration doc.
c. tax paper for the company.

I am the only one travelling and am the owner of the company. I do not own any property nor do I own any share certificate.

Do I need to add any other thing to the above?

I have never travelled outside Nigeria except to Ghana, does this affect my chances?

I have only applied for the UK visa once in 2006 I think, not so sure, when I was a student, and they rejected my application.

Can I apply for a 1year or 2year visa straight, I really don't want to apply everytime, and at this stage, I think it'll be cool to be able to fly anytime I like without having to go to the visa center everytime,

What's the process for the application, who do I pay to, with all the documents above, I reside in Abuja.

Please advise the way forward.
Re: Business Visa Uk. What Do You Think? by justwise(m): 9:38am On Mar 30, 2011
@ dtraveler

Read it up here http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visitingtheuk/businessandspecialvisitors/businessvisitors/

I got a funny feeling that u are a travel agent though, i maybe wrong
Re: Business Visa Uk. What Do You Think? by dtraveler: 9:42am On Mar 30, 2011
Thank you, read it before, reading it again.

No, I am not an agent.
Re: Business Visa Uk. What Do You Think? by dtraveler: 8:16pm On Mar 30, 2011
Should I simply go ahead and submit or does anyone have anything to add?
Re: Business Visa Uk. What Do You Think? by dtraveler: 1:33pm On Apr 01, 2011
Come on guys,

Want to know also, do I need to book for hotel and pay for tickets, and submit with documentation before applying?

(1) (Reply)

(U.S.) Department Of State Set To Increase Visa Fees Effective April 13, 2012 / Mr.love Travel Lies / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.