Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down (6809 Views)

Anytime My Husband Is Angry, This Is My Way Of Apologising To Him / Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? / Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down by TransAtlanticEx(m): 3:16pm On Jan 06, 2021
cococandy:

How many financially stable men in Nigeria are 25 years old and below? You want a woman to be younger than 25 for you to marry her but also want her to be doing well financially. In the same Nigerian govt system that affects both you and her? How do you propose she achieve the very thing that none of you have been able to achieve?

Do you sound reasonable to yourself when you say that?

So, needless to say, whatever she is will never be good enough. And that’s what you count on to make sure you keep them feeling bad about themselves.

1) If she’s young enough for you, she will be a liability coming only with her “box of clothes” for you to rescue.
2) if she works hard and dedicates time and energy to be financially stable before marriage, she would be too old, rotten and beneath you for marriage.

Do any of you apply common sense to your misogyny before you come to spread it online?

You didn’t have to ruin this young man’s thread, but you did anyway because you couldn’t resist.

Hopefully as I’m typing this, you’ve found a financially stable 23 year old South African girl and are currently marrying her as we speak.

You’d think men who age shame women have no plans of ever growing old. Be careful what you wish for.
Well,men are the ones paying the piper,so they deserve to dictate the tune.
We own the house or cater for those expenses and make the ground comfortable for the woman to come squat in,so tell me,don't we need more time to be able to build all these for y'all to come cling on?
So that's why we usually are past 30 before thinking of marriage.
But for you people,what's expected?Nothing.Just be self sufficient is all men ask from y'all and be below 25 or less,yet it is such a big deal for your gender to achieve.
In SA,it is different.Their educated women are achieving this at that age,no sweat unlike Nigeria.
And they are more feminine and romantic,more than this people,maybe because they aren't starving and living in lack like their kinds in Nigeria.
Now tell me,what will a young man that has toiled so hard to achieve stable income,a house(or decent rented accomodation),mobility(cars) ,etc..gain from marrying a woman past 25?
Because he clearly don't need that meagre support Nigeria women claim to bring(which doesn't exceed stocking up the fridge and cooking 5k okro).
This man can pay for this their so called support effortlessly,So tell me,what will he gain being with a woman who has lost her youth all in the name of working class? undecided
Old women come with a lot of baggage which I wouldn't wish for any young,succesful man.
They are overly jealous(because they feel inferior),moodswings,diminishing libido,body marks(stretch mark and all sorts of skin burns),some even start showing varicose vein,difficulty getting pregnant,loss of lustre,etc...
So why would anybody who has achieved in life want this?
Honestly this people are meant for men with limited options,if you look around you'd see that men who are worth their salt hardly go for these people,mostly struggling ones.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down by poshestmina(f): 3:29pm On Jan 06, 2021
TransAtlanticEx:
We own the house or cater for those expenses and make the ground comfortable for the woman to come squat in,so tell me,don't we need more time to be able to build all these for y'all to come cling on?
But for you people,what's expected?Nothing.Just be self sufficient is all men ask from y'all and be below 25 or less,yet it is such a big deal for your gender to achieve.
In SA,it is different.Their educated women are achieving this at that age,no sweat unlike Nigeria.
And they are more feminine and romantic,more than this people,maybe because they aren't starving and living in lack like their kinds in Nigeria.
Now tell me,what will a young man that has toiled so hard to achieve stable income,a house(or decent rented accomodation),mobility(cars) ,etc..gain from marrying a woman past 25?
Because he clearly don't need that meagre support Nigeria women claim to bring(which doesn't exceed stocking up the fridge and cooking 5k okro).
This man can pay for this their so called support effortlessly,So tell me,what will he gain being with a woman who has lost her youth all in the name of working class? undecided
Old women come with a lot of baggage which I wouldn't wish for any young,succesful man.
They are overly jealous(because they feel inferior),moodswings,diminishing libido,body marks(stretch mark and all sorts of skin burns),some even start showing varicose vein,difficulty getting pregnant,loss of lustre,etc...
Honestly this people are meant for men with limited options,if you look around you'd see that men who are worth their salt hardly go for these people,mostly struggling ones.

You should be the most insecure human in the history of the world!!!!

6 Likes

Re: My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down by cococandy(f): 3:29pm On Jan 06, 2021
In every line. Every sentence. So much falsehood. Largely Colored by your own personal experience. I’ll leave you to it.

TransAtlanticEx:
This man will pay for this effortlessly,So tell me,what will he gain being with a woman who has lost her youth all in the name of working class? undecided

5 Likes

Re: My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down by pocohantas(f): 3:37pm On Jan 06, 2021
cococandy:

How many financially stable men in Nigeria are 25 years old and below? You want a woman to be younger than 25 for you to marry her but also want her to be doing well financially. In the same Nigerian govt system that affects both you and her? How do you propose she achieve the very thing that none of you have been able to achieve?

Do you sound reasonable to yourself when you say that?

So, needless to say, whatever she is will never be good enough. And that’s what you count on to make sure you keep them feeling bad about themselves.

1) If she’s young enough for you, she will be a liability coming only with her “box of clothes” for you to rescue.
2) if she works hard and dedicates time and energy to be financially stable before marriage, she would be too old, rotten and beneath you for marriage.

Do any of you apply common sense to your misogyny before you come to spread it online?

You didn’t have to ruin this young man’s thread, but you did anyway because you couldn’t resist.

Hopefully as I’m typing this, you’ve found a financially stable 23 year old South African girl and are currently marrying her as we speak.

You’d think men who age shame women have no plans of ever growing old. Be careful what you wish for.

Naso. If it were that easy, he would have found one. The thing about the kind of ladies he seeks is, they are usually from close-knit homes and are not looking for the nearest man to marry. So they will check every. Those kinds of girls wouldn’t marry an erratic, insulting and condescending liquor merchant, just because he has “money”.

Last last, something has to change- his attitude or his spec. cheesy cheesy

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jan 06, 2021
TransAtlanticEx:
Yes,I just turned 29 some days ago.
I like that you are young and smart,very smart!
Very hard to find these days,kudos man.
Remember,don't marry old women oo,no matter their guilt tripping.Its the only advise I can give you since you already know everything else.
Believe me it's worth it!

I've known these for quite a while. I can't even marry a lady in my age bracket. There's time for everything and for me , time to marry is at least 14 years from now if things do not go as planned. If things go as planned maybe two or three years earlier not more.
I pity my friends who think otherwise.

I want an age gap of at least a decade between me and my wife. I know you dropped out of school and I must commend your decision as a very timely one.
I got admitted into a Prestigious Law Faculty in a competitive Federal University at 16. Just a semester left for me before Law school. I couldn't take the dropout path even though I found it necessary in my third year. That was me living my father's dream (He's a senior and respected lawyer and would love to attend my call to bar ceremony for bragging rights).
I've started a massive Internet project before but failed woefully after investing a lot. I learnt from my mistakes and started working hard and saving for a comeback.
I made a little above 1 million naira last year despite the pandemic. It was my highest earning year through my online trade. It was neither forex nor cryptocurrency- I don't follow the multitude.

I realized the confidence that comes with a million naira in your account. There was a girl , my mate , I loved. She was definitely my first love. When I saw I was making more money last year than I ever did , I ordered her gifts just to make her happy and spent on her birthday.

I went back home after her birthday and imagined how stupid I was even contemplating about marrying her in future despite my business/investment plans. That's how it ended. I never spoke to her again. I rejected her calls and told her through SMS to figure out her life.
Re: My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down by cococandy(f): 3:56pm On Jan 06, 2021
Most Nigerians graduate from college around that age (early 20s) if they didn’t experience much systemic delays. Maybe even more. Expecting them to be financially stable and worse, even shaming them for it is astounding to me.

pocohantas:

Naso. If it were that easy, he would have found one. The thing about the kind of ladies he seeks is, they are usually from close-knit homes and are not looking for the nearest man to marry. So they will check every. Those kinds of girls wouldn’t marry an erratic, insulting and condescending liquor merchant, just because he has “money”.

Last last, something has to change- his attitude or his spec. cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down by Mariangeles(f): 4:01pm On Jan 06, 2021
ethicallyright:

I've known these for quite a while. I can't even marry a lady in my age bracket. There's time for everything and for me , time to marry is at least 14 years from now if things do not go as planned. If things go as planned maybe two or three years earlier not more.

I want an age gap of at least a decade between me and my wife. I know you dropped out of school and I must commend your decision as a very timely one.
I got admitted into a Prestigious Law Faculty in a competitive Federal University at 16. Just a semester left for me before Law school. I couldn't take the dropout path even though I found it necessary in my third year. That was me living my father's dream (He's a senior and respected lawyer and would love to attend my call to bar ceremony for bragging rights).
I've started a massive Internet project before but failed woefully after investing a lot. I learnt from my mistakes and started working hard and saving for a comeback.
I made a little above 1 million naira last year despite the pandemic. It was my highest earning year through my online trade. It was neither forex nor cryptocurrency- I don't follow the multitude.

I realized the confidence that comes with a million naira in your account. There was a girl , my mate , I loved. She was definitely my first love. When I saw I was making more money last year than I ever did , I ordered her gifts just to make her happy and spent on her birthday.

I went back home after her birthday and imagined how stupid I was even contemplating about marrying her in future despite my business/investment plans. That's how it ended. I never spoke to her again. I rejected her calls and told her through SMS to figure out her life.

This has to be the most hilarious comment of the day. grin

Calm down and listen to your father young blood! Not some random dude who vents on a faceless forum whom you don't know his story or where his hurt is coming from.

8 Likes

Re: My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down by pocohantas(f): 4:07pm On Jan 06, 2021
cococandy:
Most Nigerians graduate from college around that age (early 20s) if they didn’t experience much systemic delays. Maybe even more. Expecting them to be financially stable and worse, even shaming them for it is astounding to me.

You shouldn’t take the words of an U-30 man, who ran away from his own house because of a 35years old Ogbunike woman, seriously.

5 Likes

Re: My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down by TransAtlanticEx(m): 4:12pm On Jan 06, 2021
ethicallyright:

Wow I like that you finish school ,its very important.
Also I know the confidence that money gives ,kind of hold your head up high lol.
I see ,so what made you make money was weakening naira abi?Because all of a sudden your fx earning increased exponentially in naira equivalence grin
I don't know why you pet the girl go early though, you could have held longer and enjoy the benefits of your labour before letting go,don't you think? grin
Me too,all these crypto and fx thing people keep talking about isn't my thing.So long as a business or trade activity is popular,forget it!Its casted already.

2 Likes

Re: My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down by cococandy(f): 4:19pm On Jan 06, 2021
You’ve made a good decision to stay in school. Even if you won’t practice, it’s good you’re finishing.
It will be beneficial in the future don’t doubt it.

ethicallyright:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down by izzou(m): 4:19pm On Jan 06, 2021

3 Likes

Re: My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jan 06, 2021
Mariangeles:

Calm down and listen to your father young blood! Not some random dude who vents on a faceless forum whom you don't know his story or where his hurt is coming from.

Listening to my father instead of the advice of TransAtlanticEx would mean following the advice of a man who is satisfied with a 2008 Toyota Prado instead of man who may not even be satisfied with a 2021 G-Wagon.

Listening to my father instead of the advice of TransAtlanticEx would mean following the advice of a man who believes that prayers can heal Nigeria's economic woes instead of a man who believes that production can help us require less dollars for imports and even bring back more dollars from exports thereby increasing or at worst maintaining a sound dollar reserve.

Listening to my father instead of the advice of TransAtlanticEx would mean listening to a man who would advise me to be submissive to a woman for peace to reign instead of a man who would teach me how to avoid domineering women.

Listening to my father instead of the advice of TransAtlanticEx would mean listening to a man who would rather I buy plots of land at an undeveloped area at 25 years because others are doing so instead of a man who would tell me the need to have cash in the bank at such age and work hard at building luxurious Country homes when I earn billions.

I'm neither a lost sheep nor a naive young man. I know the path to take to where I'm headed.

4 Likes

Re: My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down by Mariangeles(f): 4:37pm On Jan 06, 2021
ethicallyright:

Listening to my father instead of the advice of TransAtlanticEx would mean following the advice of a man who is satisfied with a 2008 Toyota Prado instead of man who may not even be satisfied with a 2021 G-Wagon.

Listening to my father instead of the advice of TransAtlanticEx would mean following the advice of a man who believes that prayers can heal Nigeria's economic woes instead of a man who believes that production can help us require less dollars for imports and even bring back more dollars from exports thereby increasing or at worst maintaining a sound dollar reserve.

Listening to my father instead of the advice of TransAtlanticEx would mean listening to a man who would advise me to be submissive to a woman for peace to reign instead of a man who would teach me how to avoid domineering women.

Listening to my father instead of the advice of TransAtlanticEx would mean listening to a man who would rather I buy plots of land at an undeveloped area at 25 years because others are doing so instead of a man who would tell me the need to have cash in the bank at such age and work hard at building luxurious Country homes when I earn billions.

I'm neither a lost sheep nor a naive young man. I know the path to take to where I'm headed.

Ngwanu...

10 Likes

Re: My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down by TransAtlanticEx(m): 4:45pm On Jan 06, 2021
ethicallyright:

Masterclass!
Round of applause man.
You've not got to let people define you,know who you are,your taste in life and work towards achieving it.
I made some mistakes as a young naive man,but I'm glad I'm still young and energetic to correct them whilst still in my youth.
When I say Nigeria youth are unproductive and lazy ,they always come for my head and start blabbing.
A country of 200m people whose future and welfare still depends on how well oil is doing in the market is enough to tell you about its people(lazy,not creative,naive and stupid).
A country whose youth think or measure their strength of their economy to how much naira exchanges for dollar in the markets should tell you that all the universities in this country need to be scrapped or made independent,So as to generate it's own optimum running cost and even be a money spinner to the FG.
Subsidising education is the stupidest thing anyone can ever do,because it is a determinant of a country's middle class.
Education is suppose to be luxury,not necessarily a right.This is why the Nigeria graduates today are nothing to write home about,overly stupid and will be poor for a long time if things don't change.
A working/productive man is never to submit to a woman,on no condition!
Cash at hand is king,have you ever wondered why all the people doing land banking always end up in penury or most times the land appreciation don't always meet them alive?Because they are stupid!
You bought a piece of land at 2m,keep for 20 years and it appreciates to 10m and the fool thinks he/she had made profits? undecided
What happened to inflation wiping off a huge chunk of that money over the years and worst still the time value of money for the 2m in 10years?
Anybody that knows this should never partake in fixed income especially in developing economies where things are subjected to change randomly.
I like the path you are towing,will love to meet you someday man.Nice!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jan 06, 2021
TransAtlanticEx:
Wow I like that you finish school ,its very important.
Also I know the confidence that money gives ,kind of hold your head up high lol.
I see ,so what made you make money was weakening naira abi?Because all of a sudden your fx earning increased exponentially in naira equivalence grin
I don't know why you pet the girl go early though, you could have held longer and enjoy the benefits of your labour before letting go,don't you think? grin
Me too,all these crypto and fx thing people keep talking about isn't my thing.So long as a business or trade activity is popular,forget it!Its casted already.
I really did put in a lot of work. Earned both in Dollars and naira as a freelancer and researcher.

I've always had a certain perception of businesses that create virtual products (not real) or provide services. I think they give higher return of investments because of low capital and high disposable income. Linda Ikeji's blogging business (whether she's into other shady deals or not) is an example of what I mean.
For instance, you'll be left with limited disposable income since you always have to purchase wine which you'll sell to make profit. If you earn 50,000 after selling a wine you bought for 70,000 at 120,000 naira, you'll need another 70,000 naira to continue your business at that level and have stocks or at least 140,000 to expand your business, buy two of those wines and make a profit of 100,000. Linda Ikeji buys her domain once and that's it...

I set up my entire platform with less than 10,000 Naira in 2018, including the logo and website ( I only bought a domain and hosting plan for the website).

There was nothing I could have traded for 10,000 naira. To me it was like planting 10,000 naira and harvesting a million.

Note I didn't make over 1 million last year but my savings got above that last year. (I had a little above 1 million in my account last year)

2 Likes

Re: My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down by TransAtlanticEx(m): 5:07pm On Jan 06, 2021
ethicallyright:

I really did put in a lot of work. Earned both in Dollars and naira as a freelancer and researcher.

I've always had a certain perception of businesses that create virtual products (not real) or provide services. I think they give higher return of investments because of low capital and high disposable income. Linda Ikeji's blogging business (whether she's into other shady deals or not) is an example of what I mean.
For instance, you'll be left with limited disposable income since you always have to purchase wine which you'll sell to make profit. If you earn 50,000 after selling a wine you bought for 70,000 at 120,000 naira, you'll need another 70,000 naira to continue your business at that level and have stocks or at least 140,000 to expand your business, buy two of those wines and make a profit of 100,000. Linda Ikeji buys her domain once and that's it...

I
set up my entire platform with less than 10,000 Naira in 2018, including the logo and website ( I only bought a domain and hosting plan for the website).

There was nothing I could have traded for 10,000 naira. To me it was like planting 10,000 naira and harvesting a million.

Note I didn't make over 1 million last year but my savings got above that last year. (I had a little above 1 million in my account last year)
Exactly,same with employees.
And you've also gotta include what we keep or lose to inflation as purchasing price for lots of goods will skyrocket.
So in essence,a person like me can't make some kind of careless purchases unlike some people in my income bracket but say is an employee.
An employee in my income bracket will easily buy some things that I can't, but many people will assume he is richer just because of the things they see.
Keep your money,always be liquid,you'd always see opportunities,but will you be liquid enough to grab it when it comes?This is where a lot of people fail because they would have used the money to buy one water logged land in Ondo hoping that someday(maybe in a 100yrs),the forest will turn to lekki grin
Like those buying places at choice areas of lagos have 2 heads. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jan 06, 2021
TransAtlanticEx:
Exactly,same with employees.
And you've also gotta include what we keep or lose to inflation as purchasing price for lots of goods will skyrocket.
So in essence,a person like me can't make some kind of careless purchases unlike some people in my income bracket but say is an employee.
An employee in my income bracket will easily buy some things that I can't, but many people will assume he is richer just because of the things they see.

Keep your money,always be liquid,you'd always see opportunities,but will you be liquid enough to grab it when it comes?This is where a lot of people fail because they would have used the money to buy one water logged land in Ondo hoping that someday(maybe in a 100yrs),the forest will turn to lekki grin
Like those buying places at choice areas of lagos have 2 heads. cheesy

The bold is the advantage of manufacturing a rarely produced commodity in Nigeria and subsequently monopoly.

Your income is technically fixed because you fix the price, have no business with what happens at the bottom of the food chain and experience consistent demand.

I know you have monopolistic plans when you begin manufacturing.
Re: My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down by TransAtlanticEx(m): 5:33pm On Jan 06, 2021
ethicallyright:

The bold is the advantage of manufacturing a rarely produced commodity in Nigeria and subsequently monopoly.

Your income is technically fixed because you fix the price, have no business with what happens at the bottom of the food chain and experience consistent demand.

I know you have monopolistic plans when you begin manufacturing.

The bolded is true,but then you'd only experience this at the earlier parts of your boom.
Because eventually people will always get to start admiring your business and jump into it and bring unhealthy competition to your business.
But it's still an added advantage for you because before people would have entered into it ,you've accumulated enough money to use to fight off competition and keep your products #1 in the markets.

Yes I'd love to have monopoly,but then you know no government will just hand it to you na.
They'd like to hide it in act clauses so it doesn't be too obvious to the public,like they did for Dangote.
The clause was no one will import finished cement no more but must manufacture here,he was the only one with that kind of capital so it chased all of its competition for sometime while he accumulated so much wealth.
Now before the competition could go look for cash,recoup and cone back to set up their own plants,he had already made so much that pushing him out of the markets is impossible.
He has more capacity,money,market share,access to credit,equipment and team than y'all.
So how do you fight a competition like this? cheesy
Truth is,in any business you do or discover,you've got to start preparing for rainy days immediately you get your first break.
It must come.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down by poshestmina(f): 5:48pm On Jan 06, 2021
Mariangeles:

I know where his hurt came from grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.
A Nigerian babe made him suicidal once so he dedicated all his energies on the "March against Nigeria women/#Nigeriagirlsascum# Movement.

Prayers up for the Liquor merchant!!
AMEN!

1 Like

Re: My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down by poshestmina(f): 5:53pm On Jan 06, 2021
pocohantas:

You shouldn’t take the words of an U-30 man, who ran away from his own house because of a 35years old Ogbunike woman, seriously.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.

Joro to Joro.
Enjoy!
Re: My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down by pocohantas(f): 6:27pm On Jan 06, 2021
poshestmina:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.

Joro to Joro.
Enjoy!

Na person wey never follow im numerous accounts. Give him till March, he will fall in love again and start commenting sensibly.

Shebi this girl HERE is U-25 and rich?

3 Likes

Re: My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down by bukatyne(f): 6:49pm On Jan 06, 2021
ethicallyright:

@bold:

Seriously? cheesy grin
Re: My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down by bukatyne(f): 6:50pm On Jan 06, 2021
Mariangeles:

Ngwanu...

Omo to o no baba e ola, owa lenu e cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jan 06, 2021
bukatyne:

@bold:

Seriously? cheesy grin

I never asked her for sex. It's weird for an average girl that a guy leaves her when he starts investing in the relationship more isn't it?
It was a tough decision, a sacrifice I had to make.
50% of her friends would marry in the next 2-3 years and then all eyes would be on me. Little me ... Money I'll be using to make more money, I'll be using to make a lady happy.
I can't be frugal in a relationship. I'm the kind of guy that would love to marry a career woman and pay her triple her salary to stay at home. Christian Grey kind of guy.

I felt my emotions had gotten a better part of me and it was high time I applied logic. I took the bold step and dumped her ass. I think she'd move on well since I never saw her panties.
Re: My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down by Mariangeles(f): 7:02pm On Jan 06, 2021
bukatyne:

Omo to o no baba e ola, owa lenu e cheesy

The audacity of this generation... cheesy
Re: My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down by Mariangeles(f): 7:04pm On Jan 06, 2021
ethicallyright:

I never asked her for sex. It's weird for an average girl that a guy leaves her when he starts investing in the relationship more isn't it?
It was a tough decision, a sacrifice I had to make.
50% of her friends would marry in the next 2-3 years and then all eyes would be on me. Little me ... Money I'll be using to make more money, I'll be using to make a lady happy.
I can't be frugal in a relationship. I'm the kind of guy that would love to marry a career woman and pay her triple her salary to stay at home. Christian Grey kind of guy.

I felt my emotions had gotten a better part of me and it was high time I applied logic. I took the bold step and dumped her ass. I think she'd move on well since I never saw her panties.

If you had typed that earlier, you would have made more sense.

1 Like

Re: My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down by Mariangeles(f): 7:05pm On Jan 06, 2021
poshestmina:

I know where his hurt came from grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.
A Nigerian babe made him suicidal once so he dedicated all his energies on the "March against Nigeria women/#Nigeriagirlsascum# Movement.

Prayers up for the Liquor merchant!!
AMEN!

He'll be alright in the ending.
Re: My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jan 06, 2021
TransAtlanticEx:
The bolded is true,but then you'd only experience this at the earlier parts of your boom.
Because eventually people will always get to start admiring your business and jump into it and bring unhealthy competition to your business.
But it's still an added advantage for you because before people would have entered into it ,you've accumulated enough money to use to fight off competition and keep your products #1 in the markets.

Yes I'd love to have monopoly,but then you know no government will just hand it to you na.
They'd like to hide it in act clauses so it doesn't be too obvious to the public,like they did for Dangote.
The clause was no one will import finished cement no more but must manufacture here,he was the only one with that kind of capital so it chased all of its competition for sometime while he accumulated so much wealth.
Now before the competition could go look for cash,recoup and cone back to set up their own plants,he had already made so much that pushing him out of the markets is impossible.
He has more capacity,money,market share,access to credit,equipment and team than y'all.
So how do you fight a competition like this? cheesy
Truth is,in any business you do or discover,you've got to start preparing for rainy days immediately you get your first break.
It must come.

You're 100% right master.
The Nigerian business environment really suits your doggedness.
Re: My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down by poshestmina(f): 7:13pm On Jan 06, 2021
pocohantas:

Na person wey never follow im numerous accounts. Give him till March, he will fall in love again and start commenting sensibly.

Shebi this girl HERE is U-25 and rich?

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy :
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.

1 Like

Re: My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jan 06, 2021
Mariangeles:

If you had typed that earlier, you would have made more sense.

I said it earlier. I know what I want - To gap my future wife with over a decade. My future wife should be in the age range of Cococandy 's daughter (not a pedophile, just futuristic).

I know you guys think I'm stupid but I have a plan.

The other two girls throwing tantrums up and down in this thread have soft spots for my master , only if he would dignify them with attention...

2 Likes

Re: My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down by Mariangeles(f): 7:14pm On Jan 06, 2021
ethicallyright:

You're 100% right master.
The Nigerian business environment really suits your doggedness.

Master?? grin

1 Like

Re: My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down by poshestmina(f): 7:14pm On Jan 06, 2021
Mariangeles:

He'll be alright in the ending.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.
Hopefully we find a S A babe to take away 'awa' national treasure grin grin grin grin.

Ike nwokeaa gurum undecided

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Since Today Is Father's Day. What Are You Going To Get For Your Fathers? / Ladies If You Saw A Co Worker Or Stranger With His Fly Open,will You Tell Him? / Pre-nursery Or Nursery 1 Class

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.