Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,933 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

#DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / #DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji (29487 Views)

Can Celibacy Cause Child Birth Complications? Gynaecologists' Attention Needed / After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? / Newly Married Final Year Student Dies During Child Birth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji by SeriouslySense(m): 4:30pm On Jan 05, 2021
One thing, i noticed about us, as a people, is that we have a tendency to rush to the extreme, which makes vulnerable, since there is no moderation cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
orjisblog:
I think with the increase in infidelity in marriages lately, it will be very much better is the Senate passes a bill that would warrant all hospitals to conduct compulsory DNA test after child birth.

- Orjisblog

2 Likes

Re: #DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji by wman(m): 4:33pm On Jan 05, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

Ok. So 30%? Small difference.

Follow the citations.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paternity_fraud_in_Nigeria#:~:text=A%20DNA%20expert%20from%20Lagos,the%20children%20in%20their%20custody.

When it becomes mainstream, I'll give you more accurate figures. And you're supporting funding for cancer treatment which is way less than that? Why are you so afraid of DNA testing anyway?

False stat. Most people that go for a DNA test are already suspicious, so it's paternity fraud is likely to occur for them. It isn't a true representation of the overall populace. Read the excerpt from the link you sent

A DNA expert from Lagos University Teaching Hospital claimed that 30% of the Nigerian men who went to paternity testing centers (paternity testing laboratories) were not the biological fathers of the children in their custody.[2] However, samples drawn from paternity testing laboratories are not representative of a given general population, and are many times more likely to contain instances of paternity fraud than a random sample from the populations from which they are drawn.

Plus, that stat came from a single person who may or may not be right.
Re: #DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jan 05, 2021
pocohantas:

Na woman wey knack neighborhood carpenter go wan poison you. The one wey knack MD would take the kids to a better country, leaving you to die of cardiac arrest 2 years later. cheesy

Nairaland mods won't see these, never !! if pocohantas osewa was the one mentioned ... famous rule two will swiftly apply. ban till 2030 grin grin.
rockstation & farano i know say country hard, buh next time she sends you slave errands apply noble birth and las las when karma comes i hope 5k , 10k give away can solve it.

3 Likes

Re: #DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji by Teespice(f): 4:34pm On Jan 05, 2021
SilverNorGold:
Just DNA TEST? Not enough! Death sentence for paternity fraud!

And any woman who cheats on her husband should be sentenced to 20 years' imprisonment!

These laws must be enacted as soon as possible before Nigeria becomes Sodom and Gomorrah!

God bless Nigeria.

What happens to a man who cheats on his wife based on what you have just said?

Sometimes you people forget that Law and Morals are like two different sides of a coin especially down south.

3 Likes

Re: #DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji by michael132(m): 4:34pm On Jan 05, 2021
u spoke well..
Re: #DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji by wman(m): 4:37pm On Jan 05, 2021
sanpipita:
Nigerians have the penchant to major on minor, issues all problems we have now, its DNA test that needs national attention?

And which hospitals? hospitals that don't even have paracetamol, anyway you guys can continue having fun on social media, its easy to have an idea and say anything

Very funny people. We have the highest population of childbirth death in the world. Many people in villages, and even cities give birth at home because they can't afford to pay hospital bills.

But, no. DNA tests carry a higher priority.

Scandanavian countries with free healthcare do not even have free DNA tests.

3 Likes

Re: #DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji by Miracle1991: 4:37pm On Jan 05, 2021
oostin:
And who exactly is going to pay for the DNA tests?

Do you have any idea how much those tests cost?
it is better to spend money to do DNA than to spend money to train another man children.
Re: #DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji by Miracle1991: 4:43pm On Jan 05, 2021
If you think DNA test is too costly then try training another man children.

1 Like

Re: #DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji by zedegit: 4:43pm On Jan 05, 2021
orjisblog:
I think with the increase in infidelity in marriages lately, it will be very much better is the Senate passes a bill that would warrant all hospitals to conduct compulsory DNA test after child birth.

- Orjisblog

Oga on one condition.

That the husband settles all medical bills. Otherwise someone may be on hospital lockdown.

1 Like

Re: #DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jan 05, 2021
cococandy:
you’re bad at trolling but keep it up. You might still learn

It's your fault, you drive me to do it. You're too argumentative. You keep contradicting every opinion I take. I don't like to be contradicted by a woman.

By the way, on your dp, is that Nassau? Buy yourself a large Goombay Smash and send me some of the vibes you're feeling while drinking it.

1 Like

Re: #DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji by pocohantas(f): 4:47pm On Jan 05, 2021
ericsmith:

Nairaland mods won't see these, never !! if pocohantas osewa was the one mentioned ... famous rule two will swiftly apply. ban till 2030 grin grin.
rockstation & farano i know say country hard, buh next time she sends you slave errands apply noble birth and las las when karma comes i hope 5k , 10k give away can solve it.

Tears. I can see you and your fellow trolls are now tired and have resorted to campaign of calumny.

Sorry to disappoint you @Jornwhite, the “YOU” in that post was generic. In fact, that post was hypothetical. I don’t expect you to know this. Thankfully the mods are not you.

If you ask me, I’ll say dull people shouldn’t troll.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: #DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jan 05, 2021
wman:

False stat. Most people that go for a DNA test are already suspicious, so it's paternity fraud is likely to occur for them. It isn't a true representation of the overall populace. Read the excerpt from the link you sent

A DNA expert from Lagos University Teaching Hospital claimed that 30% of the Nigerian men who went to paternity testing centers (paternity testing laboratories) were not the biological fathers of the children in their custody.[2] However, samples drawn from paternity testing laboratories are not representative of a given general population, and are many times more likely to contain instances of paternity fraud than a random sample from the populations from which they are drawn.

Plus, that stat came from a single person who may or may not be right.

Well, the best we have right now is that 30% of paternity tests conducted have ended up not in favour of women. The only way we can have better stats is by making the rests more widespread. The stats could go up, come down or remain the same, that remains to be seen. 30% of conducted tests showing a fraud is justification enough for widespread testing.

No reason why he shouldn't be. E=mc² came from a single person and it turned out to be right. More testing is the solution to all your doubts. Support mandatory testing today.
Re: #DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji by solex1988(m): 4:49pm On Jan 05, 2021
On whose bill. That is the major problem
Re: #DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji by SweetCunt97(f): 4:52pm On Jan 05, 2021
SilverNorGold:

And any woman who cheats on her husband should be sentenced to 20 years' imprisonment!

These laws must be enacted as soon as possible before Nigeria becomes Sodom and Gomorrah!

God bless Nigeria.

Please just shut up! So what happens to the husband that cheats on his wife? Paternity fraud should be a crime, simple.

1 Like

Re: #DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji by olatuns2017: 4:55pm On Jan 05, 2021
OlujobaSamuel:
Who will pay?
After the cost attached to antenatal and postnatal care, na DNA I go come dey reason... Make I mark your face in case you wan contest for president tomorrow, na your type dey use elite system to rule rural dwellers.

But you will support direct cash transfer to less privileged?

1 Like

Re: #DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji by OlujobaSamuel: 4:57pm On Jan 05, 2021
olatuns2017:

But you will support direct cash transfer to less privileged?
Says who?
Re: #DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji by oloshun(m): 5:05pm On Jan 05, 2021
Subsidize the cost of your child's paternity confirmation? Ha! Are you talking to the Govt or the hospital?

Samfloxin:
Strongly supported but can average Nigerian bedeviled with this gripping poverty in the country afford it? they should subsidize the cost.
Re: #DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji by kowa1(m): 5:10pm On Jan 05, 2021
Na so
Re: #DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji by Derinofzion(f): 5:12pm On Jan 05, 2021
SilverNorGold:

God bless Nigeria.

And what sentence should be given to a man that cheats on his wife?

2 Likes

Re: #DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji by Stevenbright(m): 5:15pm On Jan 05, 2021
Debra911:

Nawa o. And this is causing problem here &there. Broken homes, murder, suicide...

ya, your are correct.

But waito, I'm wondering Hw this lady did what she did.

I mean taking in for the outside man consistently but not for her husband. can you explain a bit of it to me. Thanks.
Re: #DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji by sweetmelanin(f): 5:15pm On Jan 05, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

This is what I call sensible talk.
But making it optional will make wives to browbeat their simp husbands. It should be made mandatory, no exceptions. The test result code can even be incorporated into the child's NIN.

Could help but laugh at your last statement - you would make a brutal lawmaker grin

2 Likes

Re: #DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jan 05, 2021
orjisblog:

- Orjisblog
AT WHOSE EXPENSE?
Re: #DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji by bukatyne(f): 5:18pm On Jan 05, 2021
Making DNA tests mandatory in hospitals would make room for more fraud, bribery and manipulation.

A wife can bribe the hospitals that the kids are for the husband

A husband can bribe the hospitals that the kids are not his if he wants to divorce the wife.

Husbands should do the test discreetly themselves if they have a reason to do so.

2 Likes

Re: #DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji by sweetmelanin(f): 5:18pm On Jan 05, 2021
Samakus:

You always make sense. Keep it up in this 2021.

And...

May the melanin never stop popping

Black don't crack you know wink.. thanks!

2 Likes

Re: #DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji by Doncyn(f): 5:19pm On Jan 05, 2021
What will happen to the dt cheat d wife or get someone's wife pregnant?
Re: #DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji by Lovelyn451(f): 5:23pm On Jan 05, 2021
supported!!! reminds me when we were at akth, they always share breakfast lunch and dinner for #900 everyday, whether u chop or not it'll reflect on ur bill...the day your patient is discharged and u went to clear your bill, you go see food= 20,000, my dad started begging them to stop bringing food...lmao...DNA should be like that too, whether the pikin resemble you or not, DNA test should reflect on the bill. we go see who go tire..instead of the usual 30k u pay when ur wife puts to birth, u now pay like 300 to 400k..lol

2 Likes

Re: #DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji by BigGuava: 5:25pm On Jan 05, 2021
You can work from home as an article writer and a Million Naira while at it

To find out how you can participate in this offer,send a message to the WhatsApp contact on the profile.

This offer is open to both NEW and SEASONED content writer. Do not delay in sending in your application today...

Remember it's write articles from home and earn One Million Naira doing this.........!

Thanks for reading
Re: #DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji by aarin29642: 5:27pm On Jan 05, 2021
On whose bill. That is the major problem
Re: #DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji by Aflix(m): 5:28pm On Jan 05, 2021
Ladyhippolyta88:

Lol my dear you said people cheat right hope you know that the people cheating are not just men but women too.I hope you know that when they say men cheat it applies to women and men don't sleep with themselves do they?they sleep with women.Let us not deceive ourselves women cheat it has been happening since the time of old remember Potiphar's wife.What I am saying is that since men cheat there is no way they won't cheat with the opposite gender so it applies to women too just that women are very secretive and smart when it comes to this things.Anyway I personally don't support cheating and will not want to be cheated on but people go outside because of such reasons anyway to each their own but I am sure you get my point that in one way or other since men cheat it must apply to women since not all men are gay but hetereosexual.As for the children part some children don't care,some parents don't care and some children will never even know
You ladies should learn to be wiser when getting wooed by men. You are at the receiving end of the stick whether you like it or not. If after a lady cheats, she suffers more humiliation and faces more health risks due to unnecessary abortions.

A person with more risks should be smarter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji by Exodora: 5:29pm On Jan 05, 2021
This will really cause more harm than it was .
Don't know if any us here have heard of Chemeras , the child might not have same DNA but it's the father's child .
Nigeria is still under developed to know this too.
Re: #DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jan 05, 2021
sweetmelanin:

Could help but laugh at your last statement - you would make a brutal lawmaker grin

I hope that's a compliment. When I run for office, I'll canvass for your vote.

1 Like

Re: #DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji by mkpologwu(m): 5:29pm On Jan 05, 2021
Lol....., it won't stop cheating. It will simply make married women to be extra careful. Abortion rate will soar.

Lss las, it will help reduce overpopulation!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Japanese Students Pay N43,000 An Hour For Smiling Lessons / 53-year-old Woman Gives Birth To Twins After 20 Years Of Childlessness / Little Girl Dies Of Ear Infection After 3 Lagos Hospitals Failed To Treat Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.