Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,461 members, 7,819,681 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Forgery: Court Admits Obaseki’s Original Certificates As Evidence - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Forgery: Court Admits Obaseki’s Original Certificates As Evidence (32095 Views)

Court Admits Evidence Showing INEC Server Had No Glitches On Election Day / Forgery: Court Admits Two More Exhibits Against Obaseki / Obaseki Presents Disputed Certificates As INEC Lists 14 For Edo Governorship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forgery: Court Admits Obaseki’s Original Certificates As Evidence by cktheluckyman: 5:50pm On Jan 05, 2021
fergie001:
https://lawcarenigeria.com/hon-hassan-anthony-saleh-v-christian-adabah-abah-ors2017/

cktheluckyman...The full SC judgement.

He submitted in 2011 and didn't in 2015.

Nonetheless, if I follow precedence of our cases so far: Oshiomhole, Ayade, Abiodun, etc.......Oba will leave there in 2024.

read again.He still submitted forged documents in 2015 and that was why he was booted out
Re: Forgery: Court Admits Obaseki’s Original Certificates As Evidence by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jan 05, 2021
cktheluckyman:

And so what!!! was the judgement based on the 2011 documents or that the fool committed the same forgery again 2015??

His election was voided on the basis of the forgery and perjury he committed in the 2015 elections
you can't read i swear. You're only hoping for court to forget about 2016, if only human wishes do come through.
Re: Forgery: Court Admits Obaseki’s Original Certificates As Evidence by Coinbased: 5:52pm On Jan 05, 2021
Just like that
Re: Forgery: Court Admits Obaseki’s Original Certificates As Evidence by Agboriotejoye(m): 5:55pm On Jan 05, 2021
Dansuqi:

He was always going to present it na.na wao this fellow.
And the case was always going to die at that point.
Re: Forgery: Court Admits Obaseki’s Original Certificates As Evidence by cktheluckyman: 5:56pm On Jan 05, 2021
TheGodlessGod:
you can't read i swear. You're only hoping for court to forget about 2016, if only human wishes do come through.

There is nothing the court can do about the 2016 election.That tenure is already over.Unless the APC have anything concrete against Obaseki in the documents submitted for the 2020 elections,the case is over
Re: Forgery: Court Admits Obaseki’s Original Certificates As Evidence by fergie001: 6:14pm On Jan 05, 2021
cktheluckyman:

read again.He still submitted forged documents in 2015 and that was why he was booted out
Whether the decision of the Court below not to rely on the National Diploma Certificate in Accountancy presented by the 1st Respondent to INEC before 2011, in determining the issue of presentation of forged certificate to INEC before it because the 1st Respondent did not include the said National Diploma Certificate in his INEC Form CF001for 2015 General Election and therefore the 1st Respondent could not be said to have committed forgery, is not wrong in law in view of the provisions of Section 66(1)(i) of the 1999 Constitution (as amended) and the question in Paragraph 6 of Part E of INEC Form CF001for the 2015 General Election
(Encompassing Ground 2 of the Notice of Appeal).

This is Ground 3.
Check the underlined.

Furthermore, the 1st respondent in his INEC Form CF001 for 2015 General Election relating to Educational Institutions attended with dates and Educational Qualifications with dates omitted everything relating to the Federal Polytechnic, Mubi. See page 387 of vol.1 of the record.

The difference HERE is just that UI is affirming Obaseki was a student there unlike "MadLion".

1 Like

Re: Forgery: Court Admits Obaseki’s Original Certificates As Evidence by dorox(m): 6:35pm On Jan 05, 2021
Is Nigeria the only country that still demand for primary school certificate? It appears to me that anyone who can speak decent English and do basic arithmetic doesn't need to present primary school certificate.
Re: Forgery: Court Admits Obaseki’s Original Certificates As Evidence by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jan 05, 2021
cktheluckyman:

There is nothing the court can do about the 2016 election.That tenure is already over.Unless the APC have anything concrete against Obaseki in the documents submitted for the 2020 elections,the case is over
that's just your opinion and wishes not the reality
Re: Forgery: Court Admits Obaseki’s Original Certificates As Evidence by Dansuqi: 6:49pm On Jan 05, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

And the case was always going to die at that point.

No sir.presenting it does not make it original.let the issuing authorities do so in court
Re: Forgery: Court Admits Obaseki’s Original Certificates As Evidence by frankia(m): 6:54pm On Jan 05, 2021
Oga how court take mean obaseki? U nor go read d heading well.
Re: Forgery: Court Admits Obaseki’s Original Certificates As Evidence by adekolaelect(m): 6:59pm On Jan 05, 2021
saheedbadmus:
Apc self funny o ... ur gov for 4 yrs .. so because he no dey una party again now , his certificates are fake abi .. even when his schools don confirm say he studied dere ...
Likewise PDP that took him to court for forgery certificate in 2016 is now the party sending machineries to court of law defending him for not forged his certificate any more.

2 Likes

Re: Forgery: Court Admits Obaseki’s Original Certificates As Evidence by cktheluckyman: 7:04pm On Jan 05, 2021
fergie001:

Whether the decision of the Court below not to rely on the National Diploma Certificate in Accountancy presented by the 1st Respondent to INEC before 2011, in determining the issue of presentation of forged certificate to INEC before it because the 1st Respondent did not include the said National Diploma Certificate in his INEC Form CF001for 2015 General Election and therefore the 1st Respondent could not be said to have committed forgery, is not wrong in law in view of the provisions of Section 66(1)(i) of the 1999 Constitution (as amended) and the question in Paragraph 6 of Part E of INEC Form CF001for the 2015 General Election
(Encompassing Ground 2 of the Notice of Appeal).

This is Ground 3.
Check the underlined.

Furthermore, the 1st respondent in his INEC Form CF001 for 2015 General Election relating to Educational Institutions attended with dates and Educational Qualifications with dates omitted everything relating to the Federal Polytechnic, Mubi. See page 387 of vol.1 of the record.

The difference HERE is just that UI is affirming Obaseki was a student there unlike "MadLion".
This is not a ruling.Quote where the judges ruled on that motion.

UI did not just affirm that he was a student there.They also confirmed that he is their graduate

1 Like

Re: Forgery: Court Admits Obaseki’s Original Certificates As Evidence by Agboriotejoye(m): 7:06pm On Jan 05, 2021
Dansuqi:

No sir.presenting it does not make it original.let the issuing authorities do so in court

Lol. Be patient. It will get to that stage.
Just as presenting that prof's certificate does not make it original too.
The issuing authority has to authenticate both in court.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Forgery: Court Admits Obaseki’s Original Certificates As Evidence by fergie001: 7:25pm On Jan 05, 2021
cktheluckyman:

This is not a ruling.Quote where the judges ruled on that motion.

UI did not just affirm that he was a student there.They also confirmed that he is their graduate
I don't know how much you know about electoral matters especially as it affects Obaseki.

I sent you a full Supreme Court judgement for a purpose; to read & digest.

EXHIBIT BL
If you send a forged document to INEC in 1990 and it wasn't noticed then, and you remove that document from your materials and contest in 2020; If it is PROVEN by the issuing authority, that what you submitted in 1990 was FORGED, you will be sacked, arrested & prosecuted unless you get a pardon like Salisu Buhari did.

Incase you don't know, I will tell you.
On INEC forms given to any aspirant, there is a column that states;
"Have you ever presented forged documents to INEC" (Yes/No)

Even if you participate in that election and lose.....you still fall under category Exhibit BL above. It is normal for every aspirant to say NO.

Obaseki's Grace here is that UI has said he graduated there, and APC has to prove "beyond every reasonable doubt" that he forged his documents.....a situation I don't see for obvious reasons and have adumbrated since last year.

I have promised myself I intend to deal on new cases here this year.
Re: Forgery: Court Admits Obaseki’s Original Certificates As Evidence by cktheluckyman: 7:27pm On Jan 05, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

This is simple logic.The funny thing is that the plantiff alleging forgery did not even bother calling the issuing authorities to validate their stand.How much more ridiculous could it get?
Re: Forgery: Court Admits Obaseki’s Original Certificates As Evidence by cktheluckyman: 7:29pm On Jan 05, 2021
fergie001:

I don't know how much you know about electoral matters especially as it affects Obaseki.

EXHIBIT BL
If you send a forged document to INEC in 1990 and it wasn't noticed then, and you remove that document from your materials and contest in 2020; If it is PROVEN by the issuing authority, that what you submitted in 1990 was FORGED, you will be sacked, arrested & prosecuted unless you get a pardon like Salisu Buhari did.

Even if you participate in that election and lose.....you still fall under category Exhibit BL above. It is normal for every aspirant to say NO.

Obaseki's Grace here is that UI has said he graduated there, and APC has to prove "beyond every reasonable doubt" that he forged his documents.....a situation I don't see for obvious reasons and have adumbrated since last year.

I agree with you on arresting and prosecuting someone who commits forgery.The thing however is that Obaseki has immunity as a validly elected Governor.

As long as he was not convicted of forgery before his election as Governor, the election stands and he remains covered by immunity

If UI said he graduated then there is nothing for the APC to prove as their case will die a natural death

BTW there has never been a court ruling convicting Obaseki of having submitted forged documents to INEC before
Re: Forgery: Court Admits Obaseki’s Original Certificates As Evidence by Dansuqi: 7:33pm On Jan 05, 2021
fergie001:
https://lawcarenigeria.com/hon-hassan-anthony-saleh-v-christian-adabah-abah-ors2017/

Nonetheless, if I follow precedence of our cases so far: Oshiomhole, Ayade, Abiodun, etc.......Oba will leave there in 2024.

How so?
Re: Forgery: Court Admits Obaseki’s Original Certificates As Evidence by Dansuqi: 7:35pm On Jan 05, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

Wait till then before rejoicing.dont also forget his forged affidavits
Re: Forgery: Court Admits Obaseki’s Original Certificates As Evidence by Santoss23: 7:38pm On Jan 05, 2021
Obaseki will come out stronger
Re: Forgery: Court Admits Obaseki’s Original Certificates As Evidence by Dansuqi: 7:39pm On Jan 05, 2021
fergie001:

EXHIBIT BL

Kai, I was about to ask or say that since he wasnt indicted in 2016,he will escape.your expose above cleared all doubts.but his saving grace will no more ui but the abuja court and whether he forged affidavit or not..
Buhari or his handlers or both are intelligent.no wonder he never submitted any document knowing that it might be forged
Re: Forgery: Court Admits Obaseki’s Original Certificates As Evidence by Dansuqi: 7:44pm On Jan 05, 2021
cktheluckyman:

I agree with you on arresting and prosecuting someone who commits forgery.The thing however is that Obaseki has immunity as a validly elected Governor.

As long as he was not convicted of forgery before his election as Governor, the election stands and he remains covered by immunity

If UI said he graduated then there is nothing for the APC to prove as their case will die a natural death

BTW there has never been a court ruling convicting Obaseki of having submitted forged documents to INEC before

Oga,you still do not understand his point upon the length he went to educate you.what he means is that as far as you submitted any forged document 20 years ago and it can still be proven, you can be punished by the courts at any time.immunity does not cover any electoral case whether pre or post election.did obaseki submit forged documents in 2016 or not?
Re: Forgery: Court Admits Obaseki’s Original Certificates As Evidence by fergie001: 7:44pm On Jan 05, 2021
cktheluckyman:

Election cases are sui generis (i.e in a class of its own).

A Governor, his Deputy, President and Vice-President do not enjoy immunity as enshrined in Section 308 of the 1999 Constitution as amended, when it comes to election cases.

The Supreme Court in Kakih v PDP & 2 Ors., the celebrated case of Saleh v Abah., Maihaja v Geidam., Audu v INEC, Imam v Ali Modu Sherriff and so many other decided authorities have aptly put it that you don't need previous conviction to ascertain forgery when it comes to election cases. (It is in the link I sent you earlier).

All that is needed is a Proof that Mr. A submitted a forged document and the Issuing Authority stamping it as true.

In the case of Saleh v Abah, the Federal Polytechnic, Mubi emphatically said Abah didn't graduate from their school.

Abah argued like you have stated up there that conviction must have been proven but the Supreme Court said NO.

Like I have said, Obaseki's path of redemption or damnation is the UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN.

1 Like

Re: Forgery: Court Admits Obaseki’s Original Certificates As Evidence by engineerboat(m): 7:45pm On Jan 05, 2021
Dansuqi:

I repeat,a supreme court sacked a house of reps member in 2015 for submitting forged affidavits in 2011.obaseki case will not be different

Let Me help YOU

He was said to presented a fake National Diploma Certificate in Accountancy upon which he was forced to withdraw from the same race in 2011 but in a dramatic turn, used the same forged certificate to secure PDP ticket in the 2014 PDP primary.
Subsequently, Saleh challenged his nomination.

https://thestreetjournal.org/2017/03/no-place-for-certificate-forgers-in-electoral-system-supreme-court/

can you now relate how the two are the same
Re: Forgery: Court Admits Obaseki’s Original Certificates As Evidence by Dansuqi: 7:45pm On Jan 05, 2021
fergie001:

A Governor, his Deputy, President and Vice-President do not enjoy immunity as enshrined in Section 308 of the 1999 Constitution as amended, when it comes to election cases.

The Supreme Court in Kakih v PDP & 2 Ors., the celebrated case of Saleh v Abah., Maihaja v Geidam., Audu v INEC, Imam v Ali Modu Sherriff and so many other decided authorities have aptly put it that you don't need previous conviction to ascertain forgery when it comes to election cases. (It is in the link I sent you earlier).

All that is needed is a Proof that Mr. A submitted a forged document and the Issuing Authority stamping it as true.

In the case of Saleh v Abah, the Federal Polytechnic, Mubi emphatically said Abah didn't graduate from their school.

Abah argued like you have stated up there that conviction must have been proven but the Supreme Court said NO.

Like I have said, Obaseki's path of glory is the UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN.

Let me add Fct high court
Re: Forgery: Court Admits Obaseki’s Original Certificates As Evidence by Dansuqi: 7:47pm On Jan 05, 2021
engineerboat:

Let Me help YOU

https://thestreetjournal.org/2017/03/no-place-for-certificate-forgers-in-electoral-system-supreme-court/

can you now relate how the two are the same

You came late engineercanoe.barrister fergie already posted the full supreme court judgment.can I get it for you?
Re: Forgery: Court Admits Obaseki’s Original Certificates As Evidence by engineerboat(m): 7:50pm On Jan 05, 2021
cktheluckyman:

https://www.nairaland.com/3675833/christian-abah-certificate-forgery-supreme

Just saw the link.Chris Adaba was sacked for presenting forged documents in the 2015 elections and not 2011 elections!!

Sorry bro.You will wait until Obaseki leaves office to try him for forgery

The man was even sacked for presenting the same ceritificate that forced him to forced him to withdraw in 2011 as 2015.

this people are on a long thing.

APC always comes with frivolity
Re: Forgery: Court Admits Obaseki’s Original Certificates As Evidence by fergie001: 7:51pm On Jan 05, 2021
Dansuqi:

Let me add Fct high Court
How?
Re: Forgery: Court Admits Obaseki’s Original Certificates As Evidence by engineerboat(m): 7:51pm On Jan 05, 2021
fergie001:

The apex court said that the respondent in the case, Abba, who is laying claim to the ticket of PDP for the Federal Constituency must not be allowed to have his way because he has soiled his hand in the certificate forgery.
Abba was said to have forged a certificate purported to have obtained from the Federal Polytechnic, Mubi in Adamawa State.
He was said to presented a fake National Diploma Certificate in Accountancy upon which he was forced to withdraw from the same race in 2011 but in a dramatic turn, used the same forged certificate to secure PDP ticket in the 2014 PDP primary.
Subsequently, Saleh challenged his nomination.
Re: Forgery: Court Admits Obaseki’s Original Certificates As Evidence by Agboriotejoye(m): 7:53pm On Jan 05, 2021
Dansuqi:

Wait till then before rejoicing.dont also forget his forged affidavits
Which forged affidavits undecided
Re: Forgery: Court Admits Obaseki’s Original Certificates As Evidence by engineerboat(m): 7:54pm On Jan 05, 2021
fergie001:

Like I have said, Obaseki's path of redemption or damnation is the UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN.

Which is why Abah Case is totally different from Obaseki.

However, UI is expected to testify before the court, except otherwise
Re: Forgery: Court Admits Obaseki’s Original Certificates As Evidence by Dansuqi: 7:55pm On Jan 05, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

Which forged affidavits undecided

Re: Forgery: Court Admits Obaseki’s Original Certificates As Evidence by Dansuqi: 7:55pm On Jan 05, 2021
fergie001:

How?

The 2016 affidavit he presented came from there and they debunked it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ocholi's Driver Had No Driver's Licence - FRSC / Kaduna 2018 LG Election Results Breakdown (Photo) / El-rufai Names Perpetrators Of Southern Kaduna Killings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.