Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,725 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

"A Stitch In Time Saves Nine" How Many Of U Understand This Proverb - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / "A Stitch In Time Saves Nine" How Many Of U Understand This Proverb (3140 Views)

Please Who Knows The Interpretation Of This Proverb / IQ TEST: Do You Understand This? [photo] / Check Out This Proverb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"A Stitch In Time Saves Nine" How Many Of U Understand This Proverb by Abetterperson: 8:21pm On Jan 05, 2021
"A stitch in time saves nine" is one proverb I never seem to understand... please what does it mean

5 Likes

Re: "A Stitch In Time Saves Nine" How Many Of U Understand This Proverb by chatinent: 8:38pm On Jan 05, 2021
following..
Re: "A Stitch In Time Saves Nine" How Many Of U Understand This Proverb by BBYYOLA: 8:49pm On Jan 05, 2021
I think doing anything activity on time is better than doing it late and in a rush. When you finish a given activity on time you may even have extra time to do other things.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "A Stitch In Time Saves Nine" How Many Of U Understand This Proverb by Nbotee(m): 9:13pm On Jan 05, 2021
It means dat If U have a clothe that has torn and needs patching, patch or amend it on time so dat d 9 ppl who will follow U wen U wear it will not enter family problem

7 Likes

Re: "A Stitch In Time Saves Nine" How Many Of U Understand This Proverb by Hahjascho(m): 10:50pm On Jan 05, 2021
Make hay while the sun shines...

3 Likes

Re: "A Stitch In Time Saves Nine" How Many Of U Understand This Proverb by IbnBattuta1960: 12:25am On Jan 06, 2021
Take that one action now to avoid you being required to make 9 actions in future for that same singular situation.
E.g "voom better pass I no dey o".

3 Likes

Re: "A Stitch In Time Saves Nine" How Many Of U Understand This Proverb by hstar: 12:50am On Jan 06, 2021
BBYYOLA:
I think doing anything activity on time is better than doing it late and in a rush. When you finish a given activity on time you may even have extra time to do other things.
Great
Re: "A Stitch In Time Saves Nine" How Many Of U Understand This Proverb by Nobody: 1:43am On Jan 06, 2021
Means that Sometimes u don't have to sow all d clothe just sow one side and u will save time so he won't b fainting.

1 Like

Re: "A Stitch In Time Saves Nine" How Many Of U Understand This Proverb by SirWarlock: 2:10am On Jan 06, 2021
I think the op is asking for the literal meaning grin. We already know what it denotes but like how does thread and needle relate with number 9 undecided.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "A Stitch In Time Saves Nine" How Many Of U Understand This Proverb by tobechi20(m): 2:56am On Jan 06, 2021
When you sow that small tear tear cloth under your ampit. It will not widen and you will save your self nine more stiches

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "A Stitch In Time Saves Nine" How Many Of U Understand This Proverb by femi4: 5:52am On Jan 06, 2021
Abetterperson:
"A stitch in time saves nine" is one proverb I never seem to understand... please what does it mean
The idea is that sewing up a small rip with one stitch means the tear is less likely to get bigger, and need more - or, well, nine - stitches later on

If you solve an immediate problem, it may save you from a bigger problem.

5 Likes

Re: "A Stitch In Time Saves Nine" How Many Of U Understand This Proverb by cassidy1996(m): 6:27am On Jan 06, 2021
its just like the saying make hay while sun shines
Re: "A Stitch In Time Saves Nine" How Many Of U Understand This Proverb by YoungBlackRico(m): 7:32am On Jan 06, 2021
Nbotee:
It means dat If U have a clothe that has torn and needs patching, patch or amend it on time so dat d 9 ppl who will follow U wen U wear it will not enter family problem
gringrin

4 Likes

Re: "A Stitch In Time Saves Nine" How Many Of U Understand This Proverb by TruthSeeker1: 7:34am On Jan 06, 2021
cassidy1996:
No, they're different.
Re: "A Stitch In Time Saves Nine" How Many Of U Understand This Proverb by maiquel: 8:28am On Jan 06, 2021
cassidy1996:
Nope!
Make hay while the Sun shines is more like use the opportunity you have while it is available...
Or
There is no better time to do a thing than now...
Re: "A Stitch In Time Saves Nine" How Many Of U Understand This Proverb by maiquel: 8:29am On Jan 06, 2021
tobechi20:
When you sow that small tear tear cloth under your ampit. It will not widen and you will save your self nine more stiches

Thumbs
Re: "A Stitch In Time Saves Nine" How Many Of U Understand This Proverb by paulolee(m): 9:07am On Jan 06, 2021
it means you quit Procrastinating and start working to save extra time
Re: "A Stitch In Time Saves Nine" How Many Of U Understand This Proverb by BlackCastle(m): 9:55am On Jan 06, 2021
Every situation we find ourselves, it’s best if we act with urgency and purpose as soon as possible (a stitch in time); before the situation escalates and gets complicated and would need a lot more effort to regain control (saves nine).

A stitch in time will save the need for nine stitches.

In layman’s terms: if you see small tear for your trouser, amend am immediately with the stitch in time; no say make i manage am go comeback because that small hole go don turn “otolo”.

2 Likes

Re: "A Stitch In Time Saves Nine" How Many Of U Understand This Proverb by LordIsaac(m): 12:51pm On Jan 06, 2021
Correct those naughty children with koboko when they are still small. Lest they grow up and become hoodlums looting Palliatives. grin
Re: "A Stitch In Time Saves Nine" How Many Of U Understand This Proverb by Gadafii: 1:35pm On Jan 06, 2021
it means if ur clothe tear small, quickly give obioma or mallam to saw am for u sharpaly before the tear go big and need yomi casual attention
Re: "A Stitch In Time Saves Nine" How Many Of U Understand This Proverb by Davoneskay(m): 2:15pm On Jan 06, 2021
It means - act on time. Shun procrastination. Don't dull yourself.
Re: "A Stitch In Time Saves Nine" How Many Of U Understand This Proverb by ItrendNaija(m): 4:36pm On Jan 06, 2021
It means if you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
This proverb was what made me started saving for emergencies. iNEST is what I use for my savings.
Re: "A Stitch In Time Saves Nine" How Many Of U Understand This Proverb by merieam16(f): 5:41pm On Jan 06, 2021
It means....When u have a problem, try solve it on time dont wait till it get out of hand

(1) (Reply)

Strange Occurences In Boarding House Hostels' Share Your Experience / 9 Category Of Students That Give Up from Studying Their Dream Course. / 22-yr-old First Class Nigerian Graduate Takes To Twitter To Beg For Employment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.