Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,332 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Visit to Nigeria Local aluminium Pot Making Factory /see how they make it -photo - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Visit to Nigeria Local aluminium Pot Making Factory /see how they make it -photo (53210 Views)

"Nigerians Are Good At Witchcraft Because They Make People Disappear" / Oke ITE Awele(pot Of Progress ) / Ex-ghanaian President, John Dramani Mahana Pays Courtesy Visit To Ooni Of Ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Visit to Nigeria Local aluminium Pot Making Factory /see how they make it -photo by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jan 08, 2021
FalseProphet1:
Am seeing that most of those in this business are living in abject poverty. Government needs to help them.
because they are not bought regularly
Re: Visit to Nigeria Local aluminium Pot Making Factory /see how they make it -photo by Sunnydoo: 9:04pm On Jan 08, 2021
Quality20:
split into 2 like condom abi?

None of the above undecided
Re: Visit to Nigeria Local aluminium Pot Making Factory /see how they make it -photo by NoToPile: 9:07pm On Jan 08, 2021
Sunnydoo:
This is good. But have you seen the pot splitted in two's when cooking?

Not spilt into two, but that round pointed bottom does drop( O yodi in Yoruba ) it happens when the pot has not been used for years, kept minefor 9 years, first time I would use it the pointed part came out.

The cooks now told me they don't keep it that long, if you want to store it without using you pour water into it occasionally or let people come and borrow it to cook

It was taken back to shaki to melt it and make a brand new one, it cost me more than half of the price a 2 piece set cost back then .

Cc pocohantas
LadySarah

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Visit to Nigeria Local aluminium Pot Making Factory /see how they make it -photo by officialfestus(m): 9:09pm On Jan 08, 2021
egeh
Re: Visit to Nigeria Local aluminium Pot Making Factory /see how they make it -photo by Babastrong(m): 9:13pm On Jan 08, 2021
Saki, the home of aluminium pots.
Re: Visit to Nigeria Local aluminium Pot Making Factory /see how they make it -photo by Oizee(f): 9:14pm On Jan 08, 2021
Sunnydoo:
This is good. But have you seen the pot splitted in two's when cooking?
never, have you? pls tell me cuz I'm planning to have the biggest in the house, I'm tired of renting
Re: Visit to Nigeria Local aluminium Pot Making Factory /see how they make it -photo by lastempero: 9:14pm On Jan 08, 2021
MightySparrow:
To make simple generator or motorcycle block engines are that simple I don't still understand why Nigeria is not making them

And who told you that they dont make it, try visit nnewi.
Re: Visit to Nigeria Local aluminium Pot Making Factory /see how they make it -photo by fashrola(m): 9:16pm On Jan 08, 2021
MightySparrow:
To make simple generator or motorcycle block engines are that simple I don't still understand why Nigeria is not making them

ABA dey run am nah..... As far as u get the mold... Then you are good to go
Re: Visit to Nigeria Local aluminium Pot Making Factory /see how they make it -photo by Omezif(m): 9:17pm On Jan 08, 2021
Nigeria has many talented and skillful people but bad governance is the main cause of problem in nigeria.
Re: Visit to Nigeria Local aluminium Pot Making Factory /see how they make it -photo by MightySparrow: 9:18pm On Jan 08, 2021
Kaiser20:

Will you die if you as a Nigerian start the simple project.
Simpler than that is a transformer, wire and plates of iron. Yet no show.
I graduated in the inglorious days or Babangida with a bachelor degree in engineering. I realized with the project I and my colleagues did that earned us for the degrees, so many prototypes are rusting away at the back of our departments and faculties.
Sorry without government assistance and good policies towards indigenous technological development and financial assistance from banks, no show. Most sharp brains in our time are into other things when frustration set in.
May be when and if Nigeria can separate or we go back to our former regional government, things can change.
Re: Visit to Nigeria Local aluminium Pot Making Factory /see how they make it -photo by MightySparrow: 9:24pm On Jan 08, 2021
fashrola:

ABA dey run am nah..... As far as u get the mold... Then you are good to go

Another thing is. marketing, government policy comes in. Recently the importation or rice was banned, just to improve on our own packaging, the border was opened again frustrating indigenous producers.
Re: Visit to Nigeria Local aluminium Pot Making Factory /see how they make it -photo by Forumobserver12(m): 9:26pm On Jan 08, 2021
MightySparrow:

They make motorcycle blocks in Nnewi, I know that for sure...
Re: Visit to Nigeria Local aluminium Pot Making Factory /see how they make it -photo by Sunnydoo: 9:28pm On Jan 08, 2021
Oizee:
never, have you? pls tell me cuz I'm planning to have the biggest in the house, I'm tired of renting

Someone just shared his/her experience. It read thus:

Not spilt into two, but that round pointed bottom does drop( O yodi in Yoruba ) it happens when the pot has not been used for years, kept minefor 9 years, first time I would use it the pointed part came out.

The cooks now told me they don't keep it that long, if you want to store it without using you pour water into it occasionally or let people come and borrow it to cook

It was taken back to shaki to melt it and make a brand new one, it cost me more than half of the price a 2 piece set cost back then .

Cc pocohantas
LadySarah
Re: Visit to Nigeria Local aluminium Pot Making Factory /see how they make it -photo by MightySparrow: 9:29pm On Jan 08, 2021
lastempero:

And who told you that they dont make it, try visit nnewi.
Over hyped Igbo nonsense. They're are trying though, any thing you produce that cannot compete in international market is still not it. Anyways, I don't believe your claim.
Innoson vehicle is good, but he is just assembling. No Nigerian anywhere is producing generator engine not to talk of motor vehicle engines. You can deceive yourself o. By my own training,I know that.
Re: Visit to Nigeria Local aluminium Pot Making Factory /see how they make it -photo by LikeAking: 9:29pm On Jan 08, 2021
FalseProphet1:
Am seeing that most of those in this business are living in abject poverty. Government needs to help them.

Nig govt is dead.
Re: Visit to Nigeria Local aluminium Pot Making Factory /see how they make it -photo by MightySparrow: 9:31pm On Jan 08, 2021
Forumobserver12:

They make motorcycle blocks in Nnewi, I know that for sure...
What is the name of the motorcycle and what is the name of the company and model?
Re: Visit to Nigeria Local aluminium Pot Making Factory /see how they make it -photo by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jan 08, 2021
MightySparrow:

Your statement is an evidence that you just finished getting high on local gin.

Have you ever seen an engine block casting process? Do you know how it is carried out for you to think it is a simple process?

You are sooooo drunk Sir.
Next time, spend more on your drink. It'll help. Funny Engineer.
Re: Visit to Nigeria Local aluminium Pot Making Factory /see how they make it -photo by EzegeNdiigbo: 9:40pm On Jan 08, 2021
Nigeria don't prefer "9ja made" So am not bothered
Re: Visit to Nigeria Local aluminium Pot Making Factory /see how they make it -photo by nedekid: 9:43pm On Jan 08, 2021
Supprisingly this is how it is done in major manufacturing countries eg China, India, Taiwan etc. Cottage industries like this are the bane of the economy and not the fancy stuff that adds to overheads. If you doubt visit YouTube. You see such videos on tiktok also.
You then have pickers that go around to collect products from them, package them and fill up a containers that is then exported all over the world.
Re: Visit to Nigeria Local aluminium Pot Making Factory /see how they make it -photo by yoboone(m): 9:43pm On Jan 08, 2021
MightySparrow:
And u came from south sudan.
Re: Visit to Nigeria Local aluminium Pot Making Factory /see how they make it -photo by shigoslim(m): 9:45pm On Jan 08, 2021
Shaki home of aluminum pot
Follow by Iseyin that is the major local government you can get original aluminum pot. The people of oke ogun are hard working and resilient.

All are from Oyo state.
Re: Visit to Nigeria Local aluminium Pot Making Factory /see how they make it -photo by uuzba(m): 9:50pm On Jan 08, 2021
MightySparrow:
Making of machines requires other bigger precision tooling machines.
The bigger tooling machines requires Electricity to run. Then you use it to make the motorcycle or engine block.
With all our bad NEPA, we rather seek another source of power. Go backwards to coal and steam powered machines to first run our industries and just forget about conversion to electricity first before doing anything.

1 Like

Re: Visit to Nigeria Local aluminium Pot Making Factory /see how they make it -photo by uuzba(m): 9:52pm On Jan 08, 2021
EzegeNdiigbo:
Nigeria don't prefer "9ja made"
So am not bothered
Wth all the bad English that people spell and proudly speak, we reiterate to ourselves that we are not a thorough people, we don't follow protocol, we don't correct mistakes, we don't improve.
Hence nobody will trust our products. Not even us ourselves.
The products will be full of mistakes just like our bad grammar and shellings.
Re: Visit to Nigeria Local aluminium Pot Making Factory /see how they make it -photo by EzegeNdiigbo: 9:59pm On Jan 08, 2021
uuzba:

Wth all the bad English that people spell and proudly speak, we reiterate to ourselves that we are not a thorough people, we don't follow protocol, we don't correct mistakes, we don't improve.
Hence nobody will trust our products. Not even us ourselves.
The products will be full of mistakes just like our bad grammar and shellings.
Werey go sleep time has reach!!
Re: Visit to Nigeria Local aluminium Pot Making Factory /see how they make it -photo by RickieNas(m): 10:00pm On Jan 08, 2021
SlyIg:
It is well o.
Others are manufacturing air craft and sophisticated ICT gadgets but here we are...

We will get there with God and less corruption.
so na Aircraft we go eat undecided
SlyIg:
It is well o.
Others are manufacturing air craft and sophisticated ICT gadgets but here we are...

We will get there with God and less corruption.
so na Aircraft we go eat
Re: Visit to Nigeria Local aluminium Pot Making Factory /see how they make it -photo by MightySparrow: 10:05pm On Jan 08, 2021
uuzba:

Making of machines requires other bigger precision tooling machines.
The bigger tooling machines requires Electricity to run. Then you use it to make the motorcycle or engine block.
With all our bad NEPA, we rather seek another source of power. Go backwards to coal and steam powered machines to first run our industries and just forget about conversion to electricity first before doing anything.
I agree totally I am just making a remark on how backwards Nigeria and Africa is
Re: Visit to Nigeria Local aluminium Pot Making Factory /see how they make it -photo by MightySparrow: 10:06pm On Jan 08, 2021
yoboone:

And u came from south sudan.
No northern Sudan, brother to Jubril
Re: Visit to Nigeria Local aluminium Pot Making Factory /see how they make it -photo by pocohantas(f): 10:08pm On Jan 08, 2021
NoToPile:

Cc pocohantas

Educating! My mum gives out her own steady to people. Sometimes e dey be like she dey beg them to come take sef. Now it adds up. grin

I want to get one for myself. A small one. They should even put my initials for me. cheesy
Re: Visit to Nigeria Local aluminium Pot Making Factory /see how they make it -photo by Upright750: 10:30pm On Jan 08, 2021
MightySparrow:

They have it in nnewi long time ago, since 1997 .
Re: Visit to Nigeria Local aluminium Pot Making Factory /see how they make it -photo by NoToPile: 10:33pm On Jan 08, 2021
pocohantas:

Educating! My mum gives out her own steady to people. Sometimes e dey be like she dey beg them to come take sef. Now it adds up. grin

I want to get one for myself. A small one They should even put my initials for me. cheesy

Yeah, the more its used the longer it lasts

@bolded nice, those saki peeps write whatever one wants on the pot
Re: Visit to Nigeria Local aluminium Pot Making Factory /see how they make it -photo by Jacksparrow7(m): 11:01pm On Jan 08, 2021
MightySparrow:
ah, very very simple to make engine
Re: Visit to Nigeria Local aluminium Pot Making Factory /see how they make it -photo by motherlode: 11:03pm On Jan 08, 2021
NTPGARRIfactory:

Which BOI Biko? The one that extorts you before you get paid?

Where you extorted at any point in time?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Igwe Godwin Madu Buys Mercedes-benz G-wagen 2018 (Photos) / Hausa Proverb/\karin Magana / Photo Of Ooni's Wife Being Fanned By A Policewoman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.