Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,619 members, 7,809,271 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:06 AM

Governor Obaseki Closes Case In Alleged Certificate Forgery Suit - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Obaseki Closes Case In Alleged Certificate Forgery Suit (23010 Views)

Court Dismisses Bid To Stop Tinubu’s Certificate Forgery Suit / Battle To Dethrone Obaseki Begins As Court Hears Certificate Forgery’s Suit / FG Closes Case Against Onnoghen After 3 Witnesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Obaseki Closes Case In Alleged Certificate Forgery Suit by Emeks1212: 1:33pm On Jan 06, 2021
grin
visijo:
When you are about to cry at a funeral but you touch your pocket and couldn't find your phone.

Automatic volume increase�
angry grin grin

1 Like

Re: Governor Obaseki Closes Case In Alleged Certificate Forgery Suit by Jodano: 1:34pm On Jan 06, 2021
Obaseki had outsmart Oshimole, the dwarf must be a little bit daft not to see it coming.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Obaseki Closes Case In Alleged Certificate Forgery Suit by Ofemmanu1: 1:34pm On Jan 06, 2021
beta pikin.

No mercy oshomale and his cohorts, banish em all to Kano or katsina.

1 Like

Re: Governor Obaseki Closes Case In Alleged Certificate Forgery Suit by SaintLucia: 1:37pm On Jan 06, 2021
If he had contested under APC and won, PDP will still take him to court and win the case. He has a lot to explain to the court. His certificate and other documents presented by INEC and APC screening committee is different from the one he presented. He went to the Appeal Court to stop the Federal High Court from investigating this same case but the Appeal Court struck out his case. How can u say u spent 2 years to finish your primary school and another two years to finish secondary when those of us that went to school in the 70s and 80s knows that the minimum and maximum period is 5 and 6 years and you will even repeat a class if you don't pass promotional exam to the next class. There's no short cut in those days.

4 Likes

Re: Governor Obaseki Closes Case In Alleged Certificate Forgery Suit by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jan 06, 2021
@Dansuqi

So this is how obaseki closes his defense?? grin very weak.

Just 3 witness smh

3 Likes

Re: Governor Obaseki Closes Case In Alleged Certificate Forgery Suit by ubrend: 1:45pm On Jan 06, 2021
Village people disappointed
Re: Governor Obaseki Closes Case In Alleged Certificate Forgery Suit by smith1985(m): 1:46pm On Jan 06, 2021
jawalis:
Another thing I detest about APC’s personalities and as a group is the fact that they will never let you concentrate and enjoy your administration if you win them with votes. They will start filing different lawsuits against you and from one court to the other. I could remember during Fayose’s first administration in Ekiti state. Fayemi never gave up in suing him to court for different allegations. From vote buying to HND saga. It was really frustrating that Fayose had to resign though reasons attached to some personal decisions. But it’s really unfair and bad from the All progressive party. They should learn to accept defeat and strategize while preparing for the future instead of causing troubles everywhere. If Goodluck Jonathan had refused to hand over power these power mongers; I’m sure their dogs would be toothless by now but above all. Opposition is sometimes the strength of the masses.

And what of your PDP? Akeredolu is in court , I believe it is APC that took him to court for winning on their platform right? Ohh less I forgot Atiku took PMB to vacation in America after pmb defeated him right? in 2016 I believed it was APC that took Obasek to court in Edo....God will deliver u people from demonic hypocrisy.

9 Likes

Re: Governor Obaseki Closes Case In Alleged Certificate Forgery Suit by Confirmedzombie: 1:49pm On Jan 06, 2021
I am shocked to read this. Why did obaseki not bring a witness from the company he claimed he worked.

Obaseki lawyers are too daft and not smart enough.

I will wait till judgement day as im not the judge handling this case.

I have looked at the certificates obaseki presented to APC screening committee, the one he presented to PDP and the one UI tendered in court.

All are different and not same. My prayer is for obaseki to come out victoriously .

Obaseki chances of winning this case is slim.

Lets not rejoice yet but rather remain fervent in prayers for obaseki

4 Likes

Re: Governor Obaseki Closes Case In Alleged Certificate Forgery Suit by Confirmedzombie: 1:51pm On Jan 06, 2021
TheGodlessGod:
@danqui.

Just 3 witness smh

You spoke well. Very weak defense. Im shocked reading he closed his case.

1 Like

Re: Governor Obaseki Closes Case In Alleged Certificate Forgery Suit by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jan 06, 2021
Confirmedzombie:

You spoke well. Very weak defense. Im shocked reading he closed his case.
even me supporting ize iyamu was shocked. I thought his witness will reach at least 6 and many evidence to prove it was an error or mistake.

I'm just laughing because even apc in bayelsa was fully stacked yet they still loose but obaseki just bring ordinary 3 witness as defense. Lmao

2 Likes

Re: Governor Obaseki Closes Case In Alleged Certificate Forgery Suit by Nkpitime(m): 1:54pm On Jan 06, 2021
Duru9:
What does this mean please?
It means that both parties the plaintiff and the defendant has stated their cases (theme don talk their mouths) it remain the judge to pass judgement
Re: Governor Obaseki Closes Case In Alleged Certificate Forgery Suit by cktheluckyman: 2:00pm On Jan 06, 2021
TheGodlessGod:
@danqui.

Just 3 witness smh
grin cheesy
It is not by the number of witnesses but by the strength of their testimonies
Re: Governor Obaseki Closes Case In Alleged Certificate Forgery Suit by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jan 06, 2021
cktheluckyman:

grin cheesy
It is not by the number of witnesses but by the strength of their testimonies
grin we don hear.
Re: Governor Obaseki Closes Case In Alleged Certificate Forgery Suit by Bovis(m): 2:01pm On Jan 06, 2021
Confirmedzombie:
I am shocked to read this. Why did obaseki not bring a witness from the company he claimed he worked.

Obaseki lawyers are too daft and not smart enough.

I will wait till judgement day as im not the judge handling this case.

I have looked at the certificates obaseki presented to APC screening committee, the one he presented to PDP and the one UI tendered in court.

All are different and not same. My prayer is for obaseki to come out victoriously .

Obaseki chances of winning this case is slim.

Lets not rejoice yet but rather remain fervent in prayers for obaseki

I’m sure Obaseki’s lawyers approached other witnesses to testify on his behalf but they politely declined knowing the case against him is water tight - lying under oath is a criminal offence

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Obaseki Closes Case In Alleged Certificate Forgery Suit by samdaisi: 2:02pm On Jan 06, 2021
All the nairalander judges most especially from easterner have passed their final judgement favour Obaseke let us wait till competent court will pass their own judgement too

1 Like

Re: Governor Obaseki Closes Case In Alleged Certificate Forgery Suit by Dansuqi: 2:03pm On Jan 06, 2021
TheGodlessGod:
@Dansuqi

Just 3 witness smh

I knew it

1 Like

Re: Governor Obaseki Closes Case In Alleged Certificate Forgery Suit by cktheluckyman: 2:04pm On Jan 06, 2021
Bovis:

I’m sure Obaseki’s lawyers approached other witnesses to testify on his behalf but they politely declined knowing the case against him is water tight - lying under oath is a criminal offence
Funny enough the so-called lying under oath was not part of the case pleaded by the APC

1 Like

Re: Governor Obaseki Closes Case In Alleged Certificate Forgery Suit by Dansuqi: 2:05pm On Jan 06, 2021
jawalis:
Another thing I detest about APC’s personalities and as a group is the fact that they will never let you concentrate and enjoy your administration if you win them with votes. They will start filing different lawsuits against you and from one court to the other. I could remember during Fayose’s first administration in Ekiti state. Fayemi never gave up in suing him to court for different allegations. From vote buying to HND saga. It was really frustrating that Fayose had to resign though reasons attached to some personal decisions. But it’s really unfair and bad from the All progressive party. They should learn to accept defeat and strategize while preparing for the future instead of causing troubles everywhere. If Goodluck Jonathan had refused to hand over power these power mongers; I’m sure their dogs would be toothless by now but above all. Opposition is sometimes the strength of the masses.

Did pdp allow Lyon in bayelsa to enjoy himself?

1 Like

Re: Governor Obaseki Closes Case In Alleged Certificate Forgery Suit by Dansuqi: 2:09pm On Jan 06, 2021
cktheluckyman:

Funny enough the so-called lying under oath was not part of the case pleaded by the APC

So you know obaseki is not innocent but you are just hoping that he scales through?

1 Like

Re: Governor Obaseki Closes Case In Alleged Certificate Forgery Suit by mightyhazel: 2:12pm On Jan 06, 2021
obaskeske
Re: Governor Obaseki Closes Case In Alleged Certificate Forgery Suit by Obason22(m): 2:17pm On Jan 06, 2021
I still don't understand, what do they mean when they say obaseki close case, I think it's those that took him to Court could have be the one to close Case. More explanation pls
Re: Governor Obaseki Closes Case In Alleged Certificate Forgery Suit by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jan 06, 2021
Obason22:
I still don't understand, what do they mean when they say obaseki close case, I think it's those that took him to Court could have be the one to close Case. More explanation pls
it means obaseki has defended himself,he has brought in all his witness and evidence do it's left for judge to decide which is right
Re: Governor Obaseki Closes Case In Alleged Certificate Forgery Suit by baralatie(m): 2:25pm On Jan 06, 2021
visijo:
When you are about to cry at a funeral but you touch your pocket and couldn't find your phone.

Automatic volume increase�
grin

1 Like

Re: Governor Obaseki Closes Case In Alleged Certificate Forgery Suit by cpu2006(m): 2:27pm On Jan 06, 2021
Obasekyyyyyyyyyyyy
Re: Governor Obaseki Closes Case In Alleged Certificate Forgery Suit by cpu2006(m): 2:37pm On Jan 06, 2021
Redhot111:
My governor all the way. the whole of Edo people that voted you are strongly behind you.

Behind certificate forgery? Heeeeeee grin grin

1 Like

Re: Governor Obaseki Closes Case In Alleged Certificate Forgery Suit by cpu2006(m): 2:39pm On Jan 06, 2021
Ajibade123:
all this one still day fight

do you wish to work or study in countries like
Canada, New Zealand, Australia, Dubai, Germany,
Cyprus, Malaysia, Turkey check my signature for my
contact

What about NIGER REPUBLIC?
Re: Governor Obaseki Closes Case In Alleged Certificate Forgery Suit by Indispensable85(m): 2:43pm On Jan 06, 2021
smith1985:

And what of your PDP? Akeredolu is in court , I believe it is APC that took him to court for winning on their platform right? Ohh less I forgot Atiku took PMB to vacation in America after pmb defeated him right? in 2016 I believed it was APC that took Obasek to court in Edo....God will deliver u people from demonic hypocrisy.

God bless you. I'm may not be a fan of APC but when it comes to court issues,it's not peculiar to any party. All the parties are guilty of it and it's within their rights to go to court anyway. Na selective amnesia dey worry am. Lol....

2 Likes

Re: Governor Obaseki Closes Case In Alleged Certificate Forgery Suit by Obason22(m): 2:58pm On Jan 06, 2021
TheGodlessGod:
it means obaseki has defended himself,he has brought in all his witness and evidence do it's left for judge to decide which is right
thanks
Re: Governor Obaseki Closes Case In Alleged Certificate Forgery Suit by ejimatic: 3:00pm On Jan 06, 2021
Kwanza:

https://www.tvcnews.tv/governor-obaseki-closes-case-in-alleged-certificate-forgery-suit/
I thank those carrying us along on this matter.Please when did 180 days of this petition start? I think the hearing started after election. If it is so 180 days has not elapsed.
Re: Governor Obaseki Closes Case In Alleged Certificate Forgery Suit by Indispensable85(m): 3:13pm On Jan 06, 2021
Obaseki should just pray for mercy on the part of the judge. It's the prerogative of the judge to determine whether or not the photocopier is to blame. Especially in this 21st century where modern copiers that can resize any certificate and give you an exact copy of the original. Nobody submits originals to inec for nominations, so you must ensure that your photocopy must be a complete replica of your original. Like I said he should pray because a ruthless judge may not accept that photocopier excuse.
Re: Governor Obaseki Closes Case In Alleged Certificate Forgery Suit by kolmart: 3:15pm On Jan 06, 2021
APC? The assembly of shameless politician in Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Electoral Act: Deletion Of Section 84 (12) ‘A Great Error’ - Falana / Osun Election: Labour Party Candidate, Yusuf Lasun Casts His Vote / Shell To Sell More Oil Assets In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.