Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,103 members, 7,814,875 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

Forget Year 2020 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Forget Year 2020 (109 Views)

Fake Nigerian Prophets Of Year 2020 / Happy, Glorious And Blessed New Year 2020 / New Year's 2020, & Of Course Has 20 Repeating Itself, but Why? Happy 2020 Y'all. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Forget Year 2020 by bummyla(m): 5:21pm On Jan 06, 2021
Let’s pray.

Father, we thank you for your faithfulness unto us despite our gross unfaithfulness unto you.

Thank you for counting us to be among the living souls this morning.

Thank you for your mercy that sustained us through the storm of year 2020 pandemic among others.

Father, we are here again, please answer our prayers in Jesus name, Amen!

Topic: FORGET YEAR 2020.

Text: Isaiah 43.18-19

“Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old.

Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert” .

The beginning of year 2020 was promising, but all of a sudden, that deadly monster called Covid 19 came to Nigeria. It was killing in the day and the night. It was killing the mighty men and everyone became fearful since no one could predict who was going to be the next victim.

The whole world was locked down. Days running into weeks and then to months. It has no respect for anybody, the President, the Governor, the Senator and all manner of powers that be were subjected unto it.

It affected nations’ economy and Nigeria wasn’t an exception.

So many people lost their jobs, businesses were paralyzed. School children went on compulsory holidays.

Above and many other unpalatable situations of 2020, God said we should forget.

How easy it is to be forgotten, only God knows.

However, He didn’t just asked us to forget and remember no more, He came with a blueprint of His own palliatives.

What are the things God has in stock for us?

1. A new thing: something that hasn’t been seen before.

1 Corinthians 2.9 buttressed it “… Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

Ask yourself, do you love God?

2. When?

Now it shall spring forth;

The time is now says 2 Corinthians 6:2

It is not next year, it is not next month, it is not next week, it is NOW

3. shall ye not know it?

This is a question you will have to answer yourself.

Don’t be like the Chief in 2 King 7:2 who doubted and said even if the window is opened in heaven, can this thing be? He actually saw it coming to pass, but he didn’t eat out of it.

4. A way in the wilderness

There are different types of wilderness. Unemployment is a wilderness, barrenness is a wilderness, stagnation is a wilderness among others. Whatever is in your life that does not glorify God represents wilderness.

If God says He will make a way, there is no reason to doubt Him, because JESUS, our Captain is the WAY. John 14:6 say so.

He has made a way of escape for His first born, the Israelites on the red sea before, so what is it that will now make yours and mine to be difficult?

5. Rivers in the desert.

Are you thirsty? For what? Are you in the desert of life? He is not only able, but He is ready and willing to give you water to quench your thirst.

Requirements:

a. Forget the past, forget your loss in 2020.

b. Come unto Him now if you have not given your life to Him. Matthew 11:28.

c. Claim His promises for you and

d. Be ready to serve Him for the rest of your life.

https://jesus.bingo/2021/01/06/forget-year-2020/

Let’s pray:

1. Father, thank you for all your promises for me.

2. Father, empower me to forget my losses in year 2020 and to focus only on you.

3. Father, do a new thing (mention it/them) in my life today, this week, this month and in this year.

4. Father, I refuse to doubt your promises, hence I refuse to die at the appearance of my glory.

5. Father, make a way for me in my wilderness (mention it/them).

Father, I am thirsty, give me your living water ( mention what you are thirsty for)

Thank you Lord for the answered prayers in Jesus name.

Have a wonderful day brethren.

(1) (Reply)

The Only Power Of God To Save Both Believers And Unbelievers Is The Gospel / About To Say 'I DO' Think On These? / Boost Into Power

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.