Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,789 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

Aisha2 You Should Be Ashamed Of Yourself - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Aisha2 You Should Be Ashamed Of Yourself (1741 Views)

Dont Be Ashamed Of Your Country. / When Did Humans Become Ashamed Of The Body / Seun Osewa Should Be Ashamed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aisha2 You Should Be Ashamed Of Yourself by 5columnist: 4:32pm On Mar 30, 2011
You need to go for anger management and stop deleting valid post that seek to highlight to problems with our society. Because you support SHARIA and I dont does not give you rights to edit mypost. You could be sued. You need to read your copyrights and understand your job. Where your rights start mine start as well. You cannot impose yourself on 150 million Nigerians. They need to know the truth.
Re: Aisha2 You Should Be Ashamed Of Yourself by 5columnist: 4:33pm On Mar 30, 2011
You cannot delete me for ever, you better recommend that nairaland remove me entirely and let us see what you meant by attacks. Shameless sharia driven minded PERSON. Shame on you because you dont understand that women like you are the people I am fighting for!!!
Re: Aisha2 You Should Be Ashamed Of Yourself by 5columnist: 4:34pm On Mar 30, 2011
Lock this one. Bleed blood and I will wipe it for you. Shit nail I will knock it back extremist cunt!!!
Re: Aisha2 You Should Be Ashamed Of Yourself by snowdrops(m): 4:41pm On Mar 30, 2011
guy calm down. you raised an important point in your previous thread. why should a moderator openly support a political party. that surely is not neutrality and would compromise her functions as an impartial judge here.
Re: Aisha2 You Should Be Ashamed Of Yourself by AljUche: 4:44pm On Mar 30, 2011
@op

you must be crazy, when has she claim to support sharia

and even if she does, how does that concern you ?

you better stop this ur useless topic ok

mumu onya ara
Re: Aisha2 You Should Be Ashamed Of Yourself by Seun(m): 4:45pm On Mar 30, 2011
@5columnist: What do you want us to do for you?
Re: Aisha2 You Should Be Ashamed Of Yourself by snowdrops(m): 4:47pm On Mar 30, 2011
Alj Uche:

@op

you must be crazy, when has she claim to support sharia

and even if she does, how does that concern you ?

you better stop this your useless topic ok

mumu onya ara
i see you are a CPC supporter yourself.
Re: Aisha2 You Should Be Ashamed Of Yourself by snowdrops(m): 4:47pm On Mar 30, 2011
Seun:

@5columnist: What do you want us to do for you?
the boss has finally intervened. cool
Re: Aisha2 You Should Be Ashamed Of Yourself by debosky(m): 4:51pm On Mar 30, 2011
snowdrops:

guy calm down. you raised an important point in your previous thread. why should a moderator openly support a political party. that surely is not neutrality and would compromise her functions as an impartial judge here.

Mods should be open about their affiliations, because if they are not people will still imply they are supporting a candidate anyway.

There is nothing a moderator will do on nairaland that won't be termed impartial. Even if you claim not to support any party, once you delete some rascally posts, the attack dogs will be released claiming you are deleting posts because you support the opposing party.

Concrete evidence of bias should be provided and not these silly personal attacks.
Re: Aisha2 You Should Be Ashamed Of Yourself by Nattlil(m): 5:07pm On Mar 30, 2011
Aisha2 should be removed as moderator, she's has turned NL to a platform where all kind of abuses is being melted to the president of our dear country, and bring up issues bassed on religion and ethincity, thereby causing divisions among NL members no douth she is a fan of anything north, for dat she is not fit to hold such position. Kick her out or NL won't know peace.
Re: Aisha2 You Should Be Ashamed Of Yourself by Seun(m): 5:12pm On Mar 30, 2011
She's doing her best. She's not doing anything I would refer to as 'partial'. You should be praising her.

But if there are concerns, let's address them so that we can all enjoy the forum. Have a good evening.
Re: Aisha2 You Should Be Ashamed Of Yourself by Pweety4me(f): 5:19pm On Mar 30, 2011
Big deal, there a much bigger problemS on NL! undecided
Re: Aisha2 You Should Be Ashamed Of Yourself by Nobody: 5:19pm On Mar 30, 2011
His thread was not the only one i moved from the political section. All threads addressing individuals have been moved here, Policitcal section is to discuss politics and no to attack others. The section had turned into a very uncontrollable place, it took a lot of work for us to clean the place up and remove all the insults and personal attacks. Respect each others view even when conflicting you do not have to resort to insults
Re: Aisha2 You Should Be Ashamed Of Yourself by dellnet: 5:51pm On Mar 30, 2011
@5columnist I dont know what your posts are but I think you should be more civilized in handling your matters. This my advice to you but other than this, this is so hilarious. The internet should be free and fair. You should also remember this is a moderated forum and the rules apply.
Re: Aisha2 You Should Be Ashamed Of Yourself by Pukkah: 6:58pm On Mar 30, 2011
@Poster, you need to show more discretion in your choice of words. The failure to do this has derailed the very issue you were trying to raise.
Re: Aisha2 You Should Be Ashamed Of Yourself by Odunnu: 7:35pm On Mar 30, 2011
Lol @ 'she needs to go for anger mgt class' and he cant even restrain himself
Re: Aisha2 You Should Be Ashamed Of Yourself by 5columnist: 7:36pm On Mar 30, 2011
Aisha2 poked me privately with very demeaning messages . She understands why I am standing my grounds. She should define an attack? KnowAll in one of my post said that Okonjo Iweala should be relegated to the kitchen as house wife. Is it not in place to highlight such rude messages about a dignified woman. However because KnowAll was supporting Buhari, Asha2 Had no qualms with it but had qualms once I highlighted it.

The beauty of Politics and the only thing that will attract people to this blog continually is for them to know that their freedom of speech is not limited. Yes obscene words could be censored but you do not have rights to clear any blog. It is people’s online footprint and once you edit it you cannot give credit to whomever that has written it. As long as I am concerned it is sexist, racist and entirely chauvinistic for Buhari not to give a valid reason why he may not work with Okonjo Iweala he simply dismissed the idea of a woman.
Let those who have qualms with this, debate on it. It is very unbecoming for a moderator to sternly warn a blogger privately and play the good person on the open blog. Aisha was rude and when I checked her out it became entirely clear why she would not tolerate my highlighting that it appears that her candidate (Buhari) is nothing less than my assertion.
Re: Aisha2 You Should Be Ashamed Of Yourself by 5columnist: 8:01pm On Mar 30, 2011
@ Seun thanks for your magnanimity . I don’t really want anything from Nairaland order than to allow the blog be a blog. There is a thin line between attacks and interpretation of one statement or action.

All that I did as a blogger is to interpret the actions of Buhari and threw it open for people to debate on.
Would you not consider Aisha’s signature a bit extreme to encourage Nigerians to Bokaram PDP. That is too extreme for a blog moderator whose views should not be aired at all in the first place.

You cannot run a lob sided blog that favour any individual or group which is what it has appeared to be.
Aisha owes me an apology for changing the title of my blog to something else and locking my blog to avoid comments. Tell me how you will learn about how Nigerians feel if you continually lock them down.

You created a great tool for Nigerians towards self-emancipation as a people, do not kill it please. Regards.
Re: Aisha2 You Should Be Ashamed Of Yourself by dayokanu(m): 10:07pm On Mar 30, 2011
snowdrops:

SHould a moderator on Sport section openly support a particular football club?

Is that neutrality? Wont it compromise his/her function as an impartial judge?
Re: Aisha2 You Should Be Ashamed Of Yourself by SisiKill1: 10:17pm On Mar 30, 2011
snowdrops:

Question - If you were made a mod today will you stop supporting whoever you support? I mean no offense, just want to know how you would handle things.
Re: Aisha2 You Should Be Ashamed Of Yourself by snowdrops(m): 11:53pm On Mar 30, 2011
at the last two posters.

Important points you have raised. First off all, moderators are humans like us, not machines or computers. They have the right to hold their own opinion and agree on an allegiance in all facets of their life.

When was the last time you saw a traditional ruler openly campaigning for a political party? Or a football referee wearing the jersey of the club he supports to a match he is supposed to officiate? Don't get me wrong, these people are humans afterall, they do have groups/teams they hold their devotion to, but this is kept within their closet and it should not becloud in anyway their decision making.

This debate throws into the open the way moderators in this forum have been conducting themselves. How can you expect fairness from moderators in their duties as arbiters when all know where their loyalties lie? Surely people on the other side of the fence should expect stricter judgement and harsher punishments. I know some persons involved have been too emotional when putting forward their case but the fundamental truth is that they are right.
I would not expect a fair hearing from a jury comprised of members of the ku klux klan in a case of alledged racism. Food for thought anyway.
Re: Aisha2 You Should Be Ashamed Of Yourself by dayokanu(m): 12:11am On Mar 31, 2011
^^ How come the mods on Sport section and even Seun has a favourite team he supports?

Is that not bias?
Re: Aisha2 You Should Be Ashamed Of Yourself by snowdrops(m): 12:47am On Mar 31, 2011
You tell me.
Nothing wrong for Seun to support any team. Or for a mod. in Autos to have a favourite car, one in Literature best book, etc.

But to avoid an atmosphere of suspicion and douse allegations of bias [ie, unfairly deleting and censoring posts with opposing views, bans and suspensions], is it not better to keep such matters to yourself [and not as a signature for example]? Its simply professionalism. NL surely has attained that level.
Re: Aisha2 You Should Be Ashamed Of Yourself by chigo4u: 12:57am On Mar 31, 2011
it's very uncanny and unbecoming for whoever owns this blog to still retain this ethnic bigot called aishawhatever. The people have cleary spoken. A moderator should never take sides and if he or she does, it should be a secret so as not to kill the people's confidence. Unless she is not a moderator. She is causing more harm than good to the forum. Let her step aside to join in the debates rather than moderating. What in the hell?
Re: Aisha2 You Should Be Ashamed Of Yourself by chigo4u: 12:58am On Mar 31, 2011
it's very uncanny and unbecoming for whoever owns this blog to still retain this ethnic bigot called aishawhatever. The people have cleary spoken. A moderator should never take sides and if he or she does, it should be a secret so as not to kill the people's confidence. Unless she is not a moderator. She is causing more harm than good to the forum. Let her step aside to join in the debates rather than moderating. What in the hell?
Re: Aisha2 You Should Be Ashamed Of Yourself by dayokanu(m): 4:52am On Mar 31, 2011
snowdrops:

You tell me.
Nothing wrong for Seun to support any team. Or for a mod. in Autos to have a favourite car, one in Literature best book, etc.

But to avoid an atmosphere of suspicion and douse allegations of bias [ie, unfairly deleting and censoring posts with opposing views, bans and suspensions], is it not better to keep such matters to yourself [and not as a signature for example]? Its simply professionalism. NL surely has attained that level.

Contrary, The mods on sport dont keep their preferred team to themselves.

Mukina v3 and Seun support Arsenal and they do it openly. Is that not bias?
Re: Aisha2 You Should Be Ashamed Of Yourself by snowdrops(m): 10:03am On Mar 31, 2011
dayokanu:

Contrary, The mods on sport dont keep their preferred team to themselves.

Mukina v3 and Seun support Arsenal and they do it openly. Is that not bias?
it is not bias if they are active posters in sports even if they are moderators in other sections.

but it creates friction and conflict of interest if they openly support a particular team and they are expected to moderate in sports.
Re: Aisha2 You Should Be Ashamed Of Yourself by mukina2: 11:06am On Mar 31, 2011
chigo4u:

respect the mod, do not call her names, if you cannot pass your message across without getting personal avoid the thread.
Re: Aisha2 You Should Be Ashamed Of Yourself by debosky(m): 2:11pm On Mar 31, 2011
snowdrops:

it is not bias if they are active posters in sports even if they are moderators in other sections.

but it creates friction and conflict of interest if they openly support a particular team and they are expected to moderate in sports.

Both cases hold true in sports yet there is no issue of bias. The section runs smoothly without

In my opinion, it has to do with the level of mental development of the posters in the section concerned. Much as I hate to say this, there are more low intellect dimwits in the politics section who are hell-bent on causing trouble than anywhere else on this forum (well maybe there are more on romance grin). Even if you bring an impartial foreigner to moderate he/she will still be accused of bias.

Regardless of whether a mod is biased or not, his/her decisions will always be questioned as the human ego does not like being told 'you can't do that' or 'you are wrong'.

1 Like

Re: Aisha2 You Should Be Ashamed Of Yourself by Nobody: 2:58pm On Mar 31, 2011
5columnist:

@ Seun thanks for your magnanimity . I don’t really want anything from Nairaland order than to allow the blog be a blog. There is a thin line between attacks and interpretation of one statement or action.

All that I did as a blogger is to interpret the actions of Buhari and threw it open for people to debate on.
Would you not consider Aisha’s signature a bit extreme to encourage Nigerians to Bokaram PDP. That is too extreme for a blog moderator whose views should not be aired at all in the first place.

You cannot run a lob sided blog that favour any individual or group which is what it has appeared to be.
Aisha owes me an apology for changing the title of my blog to something else and locking my blog to avoid comments. Tell me how you will learn about how Nigerians feel if you continually lock them down.

You created a great tool for Nigerians towards self-emancipation as a people, do not kill it please. Regards.

Do you realize that these people were ordinary members like you and I before they were made moderators? Why then would you expect them to set aside all personal convictions just because they have a change in status

What you want is a site without control and restrictions and I'm afraid you can't get that.

As the humans they are, the mods are bound to make mistakes and what you should do is correct and not insult them! undecided
Re: Aisha2 You Should Be Ashamed Of Yourself by snowdrops(m): 3:04pm On Mar 31, 2011
debosky:

Both cases hold true in sports yet there is no issue of bias. The section runs smoothly without

In my opinion, it has to do with the level of mental development of the posters in the section concerned. Much as I hate to say this, there are more low intellect dimwits in the politics section who are hell-bent on causing trouble than anywhere else on this forum (well maybe there are more on romance grin). Even if you bring an impartial foreigner to moderate he/she will still be accused of bias.

Regardless of whether a mod is biased or not, his/her decisions will always be questioned as the human ego does not like being told 'you can't do that' or 'you are wrong'.
True talk on most points. On the contrary though i think there are more people of intellect in politics than other sections. At the same time you have more trouble makers here as well.

In summary, i am pleased this issue has been debated. Maybe you guys should look at a system where users can rate post either up or down. That way we can know which way the general opinion sway. It hands some power back to the users some of whom have become disconnected with the mods. and judge their every move with distrust.
Re: Aisha2 You Should Be Ashamed Of Yourself by debosky(m): 3:37pm On Mar 31, 2011
^^ Voting or rating? cheesy cheesy

I guess you haven't seen cases where individuals have conversations with themselves (multiple ID's) to gain popularity, or register multiple ID's just to win polls on nairaland by voting multiple times? cheesy

snowdrops:

True talk on most points. On the contrary though i think there are more people of intellect in politics than other sections. At the same time you have more trouble makers here as well.

Believe me - in sheer number the insane people on politics exceed the numbers elsewhere.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Dont Just Love Nigerian Men / Consat Tv Free Distribution To Everybody / What's The Most Annoying Sound?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.