Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,587 members, 7,958,815 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 03:11 AM

Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival (41923 Views)

Anambra Masquerade Burnt to Death During Cultural Festival / Indigenous Ogbona People In Edo State Celebrate New Yam Festival "Esi" / Igbos Of Bioko, Equatorial Guinea - A Forgotten Minority Tribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by kabillionaire(m): 11:24am On Jan 07, 2021
na waoh for them ooo! where were they all these years
Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by shizzle1: 11:26am On Jan 07, 2021
DimIsaac10:

What is your gain?.
Insults right.
Clap for yourself.
Am not even moved sincerely...
You claim you have sense but you are pouring out derogatory words online.. Smiles..
You respect people opinion...
Then again when criticising, do it constructively..
Free yourself from being an online hoodlum.

You even said you called me out? Smiles..
My friend, you are very funny. smiles.
Edet, i gave you a simply advice. Take it and have your peace. My grouse with you is your ignorance...or deliberate mischief whichever... i made my point!

Even yet, you still engage in foolish back and forth with logan with your real Igbo balderdash and talk of obasanjo being from onitsha... meanwhile it was a yorooba man who made the claim, yet you attribute the claim to Igbos.

If i say you dont have sense now or i call you a fool, (even when its obvious) you'll say insult you or being derogative

Take a cue from norwichsailor and learn to be more reasonable, it will help you

Good day

1 Like

Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by Amorprincesa24: 11:28am On Jan 07, 2021
They are not Igbos. Their language is so different and they bear Benin names. E.g Osagie etc
Logan23:

Yes there are igbos in Akwaibom and even in Edo.

Igbos are in Ohaobu village in Ukanafun local govt area of Akwaibom state.

Igbos called igbanke (igboakiri) are also in Edo state.

http://thesouthernexaminer.com/akwa-iboms-indigenous-igbo-p1668-197.htm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by BastardWike: 11:28am On Jan 07, 2021
seanwiIliam:
Akwa ibom lost most of it's land to Abia state.
Apparently that's what he meant

You just spewed another fallacy yourself. Do you even understand the term "most"? At what point did Akwa Ibom lose most of its land to Abia State? Secondly, which parts of present day Abia State once belonged to Akwa Ibom? I'm waiting for your response.

1 Like

Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by NgwalandAba(m): 11:30am On Jan 07, 2021
daysoo:

Igbo of now was different from the past, if Fulani had difeated benue and kogi, you pple could have been child's play, is like you forgetting that common Benin invade you guys and sold you as slaves, if not for kwararafa Kingdom, una for the answer Fridays call.

Go and sit down no Black race will defeat the greatest black race on earth..you are just a day dreamer for thinking an illiterate tribe can even cross Niger bridge talk more of pointing fingers to us.

1 Like

Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by DamnnNiggarr: 11:31am On Jan 07, 2021
SaintBishop:

The thing pain u well well, and for ur info there are no IGBOS in Rivers State.
oga, you're a typical Yoruba man.

This comment clearly shows that, that's how your kit and kin behaves.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by NgwalandAba(m): 11:31am On Jan 07, 2021
DimIsaac10:

This one is a chronic online hoodlum.

Yes because we give it to terrorist trying to pork nose in someone business. Amajiris fool.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by shizzle1: 11:31am On Jan 07, 2021
DimIsaac10:

Am not surprised..
You even claimed that Obj is from Onisha..
Pathetic nitwit...disgusting degenerate...thats what you are

It will be a crime against humanity to overlook nematodes like you
Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by NgwalandAba(m): 11:32am On Jan 07, 2021
SaintBishop:

The thing pain u well well, and for ur info there are no IGBOS in Rivers State.

Just like no hausa in Kano and no Yoruba in Lagos foolish pained animal.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by guy222: 11:34am On Jan 07, 2021
ariesbull:

We HAVE seen the no joy these years when herdsmen have been busy in the state ....
I said in makurdi and i also said i am not from benue state, i was only born and brought up in makurdi, i said what i said base on happenings and involvement. Apart from makurdi where i base, i have only travel to gboko and kwer west local goverment. As long as you are a fulani man, ones you are seen in makurdi you will be hack down by either aiye, aye or bucket men because this guys in eventually all the frate in makurdi are either tiv or idoma boys. That why i said we gat no joy. You wey no go no go know and if them tell you you no go believe. It is what it is, peace.
Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by Ogbuu101: 11:35am On Jan 07, 2021
mekysmart123:

Respect to those brothers in Benue. Thy have really made us proud. They are consistent with their Igbo tag, regardless the marginalization for years.
Unlike some of our brothers in the Niger Delta that are quick to jettison their Igboness to benefit from FG led oil economy
chop.
Note: Ezza had contact with the north, even before white man came, but they don't compromise.

I'm proudly an Ezza man.
We no too get money but we bow down to no mortal nor even deity.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by egoldman(m): 11:40am On Jan 07, 2021
Isobug:
Why put them in Benue? So the controversy could continue?

I am saying this because certain people from certain part of the country(including Simplyleo) do not believe the Igbos are in indigenous in Benue and Kogi states

Wait ooh, are u now saying that just like Hitler might have had some Jewish lineage, Manna and Omenka might have some traces of Igbo in them? shocked shocked cry cry
Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by Ngorbungor(m): 11:47am On Jan 07, 2021
DannyG8:
Igbo in benue state is that one achievement , igbos have been praying to be part of benue state

Please what is so important in that Fulani ravaged good for nothing state of Benue that we the Igbos will be praying to have?

2 Likes

Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by DimIsaac10(m): 11:52am On Jan 07, 2021
NgwalandAba:

Yes because we give it to terrorist trying to pork nose in someone business. Amajiris fool.
Lolz.. Congratulations ooooo.
Enjoy yourself..
Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by Norwichsailor(m): 11:53am On Jan 07, 2021
ChangedMan1999:

Also, some of your brothers know that Ndoki are in Akwa ibom, but because of fear that IPOB will add them(their land in Akwa Ibom) or the whole of Akwa Ibom in the map of Biafra, they will rather say that Ndigbo are land grabbers.

That's just unfounded fear, IPOB can only make noise online really. They can't come and force an ethnic group of tens of millions to join them without bloodshed which I'm sure no one wants.
Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by DimIsaac10(m): 11:54am On Jan 07, 2021
shizzle1:
Edet, i gave you a simply advice. Take it and have your peace. My grouse with you is your ignorance...or deliberate mischief whichever... i made my point!

Even yet, you still engage in foolish back and forth with logan with your real Igbo balderdash and talk of obasanjo being from onitsha... meanwhile it was a yorooba man who made the claim, yet you attribute the claim to Igbos.

If i say you dont have sense now or i call you a fool, (even when its obvious) you'll say insult you or being derogative

Take a cue from norwichsailor and learn to be more reasonable, it will help you

Good day
Congratulations..
Learn how to respond to criticism my friend.

Enjoy your day.
Good day
Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by DimIsaac10(m): 11:55am On Jan 07, 2021
shizzle1:
Pathetic nitwit...disgusting degenerate...thats what you are

It will be a crime against humanity to overlook nematodes like you
Abeg jawe...
Just pass and enjoy your day.
Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by Ngorbungor(m): 12:05pm On Jan 07, 2021
Norwichsailor:

That's just unfounded fear, IPOB can only make noise online really. They can't come and force an ethnic group of tens of millions to join them without bloodshed which I'm sure no one wants.

I beg, how many million is akwa Ibom as a whole?
Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by Isobug: 12:07pm On Jan 07, 2021
humilitypays:
after Hausa, Igbo is the second highest populated tribe in Nigeria, and followed closely by Yoruba.

Igbos are in the following states:

Anambra
Imo
Abia
Enugu
Ebonyi
Rivers
Delta
Benue
Kogi
Akwa Ibom (not too sure of this though)
Cross River
Bayelsa (very small population)

It is only some Igbos in Niger Delta states that try to deny their Igbo root just because of crude oil that will soon lose its global market value, it's really pathetic
Never mind, Igbos shall one day prevail.

Okwa Uwa k'ayi no

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by mabea: 12:22pm On Jan 07, 2021
DimIsaac10:

They are the same...
Are you not seeing it ni?
Even in the core of Calabar they erected Ohaneze of indigbo palace can you imagine..
If not for the wisdom of the Obong of Calabar, they would have that palace erected till now..
While we preach unity, we all should learn to respect others cultures, tradition and lands...
Its not only Ibos that are everywhere, other tribes are everywhere too.
I love the Ibos but which one is indigenous in another culture land.
Don't be foolish.akwaibom was created in 1991 or so now, do you want to tell me that those Igbos who through State creation found themselves in Akwaibom will cease to be Igbos simply because they are now akwaibomites not minding that there's every possibility of another state creation tomorrow which may see them becoming a different state from Akwaibom. That you are in a particular State does not change who you are neither does it change your ancestry.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by madridsta007(m): 12:43pm On Jan 07, 2021
Isobug:
Why put them in Benue? So the controversy could continue?

I am saying this because certain people from certain part of the country(including Simplyleo) do not believe the Igbos are in indigenous in Benue and Kogi states

They are actually from Benue State.
Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by Toktee(m): 12:43pm On Jan 07, 2021
Logan23:

Lol.

Pls can u show me the igbos who want to take benue state? Cuz I've never heard about such before.

Meanwhile which tribe do u come from?
I never said anyone want to take Benue, nobody can dare, ask the Fulani terrorist called Usman Dan fodio who tried in vain.

I said everyone want Benue.

As for where I came from, where else do you think?
Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by Isobug: 12:49pm On Jan 07, 2021
madridsta007:

They are actually from Benue State.
Okay, Thank you....any other thing?

1 Like

Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by teebillz: 12:49pm On Jan 07, 2021
BigSarah:
Nice, but could be more colourful

Do you mind if I send you a DM?
Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by madridsta007(m): 12:59pm On Jan 07, 2021
Isobug:

Okay, Thank you....any other thing?

Yes. They are proud of their heritage.
We need to respect that.
Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by koning: 1:00pm On Jan 07, 2021
emapeteum:

Sorry, there are no Igbos in Akwa Ibom State. The south-east is also not 100% Igbos. Igalas in Anambra and Enugu, Ibibios in Abia State and some Cross River tribes in Ebonyi.The only state 100% Igbos is Imo State.

Is Igala really a tribe?. In my opinion, Igala is just another Igbo subgroup. A clan in Igboland. Calling Igala a tribe is like calling Abiriba a tribe.

Igala, Anioma, Ikwere etc are just ethnic Igbo sub groups to me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by Blitz888(m): 1:01pm On Jan 07, 2021
DaniDani:
Omenka where are thou? Come and see indigenous igbos of benue. I hope you will not be depressed seeing this?

He has finally lost his withered voice...

Tiv, idoma, igede, jukuns and now Igbos...

Somebody is in sifia pains!
Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by ariesbull: 1:05pm On Jan 07, 2021
guy222:
I said in makurdi and i also said i am not from benue state, i was only born and brought up in makurdi, i said what i said base on happenings and involvement. Apart from makurdi where i base, i have only travel to gboko and kwer west local goverment. As long as you are a fulani man, ones you are seen in makurdi you will be hack down by either aiye, aye or bucket men because this guys in eventually all the frate in makurdi are either tiv or idoma boys. That why i said we gat no joy. You wey no go no go know and if them tell you you no go believe. It is what it is, peace.

Why are you supporting hacking down of your fellow humans ... That is totally wrong and unacceptable... Killing has never solved any problem ... We must as african learn to respect lives

I would never support shedding of any blood .. that is my stand and stand of any well meaning Nigeria

Be guided
Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by wink2015(m): 1:15pm On Jan 07, 2021
ariesbull:

They made igbo to be so big in 3 zones , south east , south south and middle belt...

Igbo can be found in 12 states

5 states of south East (100%)
5 states of Niger Delta in huge numbers
2 states if Middle Belt (Kogi and Benue )

what are the 5 states of the Niger delta region the Igbos can be found?
Re: Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival by BastardWike: 1:16pm On Jan 07, 2021
seanwiIliam:
Arochukwu, Ikwuano, Umuahia and Aba even extending up to Ngwa land are all Akwa ibom territories and we the Ibibios will soon get our land back from you.
Those lands igbos claimed from us during the Aro/Ibibio war.
Don't argue please

Whatever stuff this dude is smoking is really messing him up big time. What has Aro/Ibibio war got to do with all those areas you mentioned? You mean Aro people took over your lands and shared it to Ngwa, Umuahia and others?? Let's even assume without conceding that Aro actually did that during the "dark ages" because such wasn't documented except oral history that was passed down with lots of distortions, how then do you think you can take it back? Through what means?

If Yorubas can't get back Ilorin the Fulanis seized from them as recently as the 19th century, is it something that probably happened in 1400 without any evidence that you want to get back?

Igbos have a soft sport for Ibibios but that doesn't mean we won't bounce you mercilessly if you try nonsense grin grin

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Installation Of Gani Adams As 15th Aare Ona Kakanfo Of Yoruba In Pictures / Photo Of Ooni Enitan Adeyeye-Ogunwusi As A Corper / 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.