Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,173 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:28 PM

Private School Vs SFH Contract Offer - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Private School Vs SFH Contract Offer (27202 Views)

Reasons To Start A Private School Business In Nigeria / CONTRACT OFFER FOR Real Estate Writer / Career Openings At Society For Family Health (SFH) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Private School Vs SFH Contract Offer by sorepco(m): 3:58pm On Jan 07, 2021
If na me I go take risk go do contract work. U will earn in about 6 months what the accounting job will earn u in 11 months!

Talk less if they add a year to the contract.
Nisot7:
Anybody?
Re: Private School Vs SFH Contract Offer by Wiifesnatcher(m): 3:59pm On Jan 07, 2021
kastgeraldino:
How will he save 600K out of the 750K he earns in six months? Some of you will be talking like children that have never lived on their own. So you are implying that will live on 25K per month for 6 months. Even if he does not pay rent, he will have to live near poverty level to save such an amount (600K) in 6 months.

how much is 125×6= 750k. and savings for the 6months might be 600k let's assume, what did you intend to do after that? start a business?

even if you don't see MIGHT, what about assume from the word assumption? you think understanding how to speak and write English is restricted to literal functions alone, what about the logical functions?

even though I highlighted the assumption, you slow brain people still find it hard to understand

now back to your gibberish, when I was hustling, I know some guys that don't even touch their salaries at all because they get tips regularly from their siblings. my best friend in NYSC don't even touch any of his allowance because the money is elder brother send for his upkeep monthly is more than the three month allawee

someone that's collecting 125k monthly with accommodation and working close by or get a free ride daily can't save up to 600k for the 6months?

I'm not even making rules, was only stating examples with the savings, there was a time in my life that I don't even buy cloth for a whole year just because I want to stand financially. if you don't want to be an employee all your life, you've to endure some pains and challenges
Re: Private School Vs SFH Contract Offer by kastgeraldino: 4:08pm On Jan 07, 2021
You talk about reasoning logically, and then you mention specific situations that will most likely not apply to everyone (or most people). How many people can have that extra side money or a relative to send them money that will make them not touch their pay? Anyways, as you mentioned he will have to live extremely frugally to make any sensible savings.

Wiifesnatcher:

how much is 125×6= 750k. and savings for the 6months might be 600k let's assume, what did you intend to do after that? start a business?

even if you don't see MIGHT, what about assume from the word assumption? you think understanding how to speak and write English is restricted to literal functions alone, what about the logical functions?

even though I highlighted the assumption, you slow brain people still find it hard to understand

now back to your gibberish, when I was hustling, I know some guys that don't even touch their salaries at all because they get tips regularly from their siblings. my best friend in NYSC don't even touch any of his allowance because the money is elder brother send for his upkeep monthly is more than the three month allawee

someone that's collecting 125k monthly with accommodation and working close by or get a free ride daily can't save up to 600k for the 6months?

I'm not even making rules, was only stating examples with the savings, there was a time in my life that I don't even buy cloth for a whole year just because I want to stand financially. if you don't want to be an employee all your life, you've to endure some pains and challenges
Re: Private School Vs SFH Contract Offer by Wiifesnatcher(m): 4:13pm On Jan 07, 2021
kastgeraldino:
You talk about reasoning logically, and then you mention specific situations that will most likely not apply to everyone (or most people). How many people can have that extra side money or a relative to send them money that will make them not touch their pay? Anyways, as you mentioned he will have to live extremely frugally to make any sensible savings.

that's why I used the words Might and Assume that your brain failed to capture

I can't go verbatim because of your likes, even the instances I made to justify some of your earlier claims had been twisted up side down

you need to upgrade your mental state
Re: Private School Vs SFH Contract Offer by ugofulfilled(m): 4:30pm On Jan 07, 2021
doggedfighter:

Shut up. You said nothing
my mouth's shut. Thank you. have a great year ahead.
Re: Private School Vs SFH Contract Offer by kastgeraldino: 5:00pm On Jan 07, 2021
You make me laugh. Look at the idiot talking about mental state. Only if you knew who you are talking with.

Wiifesnatcher:

that's why I used the words Might and Assume that your brain failed to capture

I can't go verbatim because of your likes, even the instances I made to justify some of your earlier claims had been twisted up side down

you need to upgrade your mental state
Re: Private School Vs SFH Contract Offer by samwillyco1(m): 5:17pm On Jan 07, 2021
Go for NGO job, save money and prepare for a business, in case you didn't get another job ofter when the contract expires. N/B you may not get another job after the contract expiration, so think about it, and make more inquiries through the contracts that got you the job offer and finally if you can't prepare for worst ( not getting another job for a very long time) stay were your job is secured and start a side business and grow it and be a boss of your own.
Re: Private School Vs SFH Contract Offer by Wiifesnatcher(m): 5:22pm On Jan 07, 2021
kastgeraldino:
You make me laugh. Look at the idiot talking about mental state. Only if you knew who you are talking with.

who you're is your lineage problem, how can a sane person don't know that the words MIGHT that indicate uncertainty and ASSUME that connote example is not a Direct speech?

you're just a blockhead entity that need Ben Carson on your watery brain. ode
Re: Private School Vs SFH Contract Offer by samwillyco1(m): 5:24pm On Jan 07, 2021
Hotbutt:
Please how can someone get work at Society for Family Health (NGO)?

Your connections, qualifications and luck.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Private School Vs SFH Contract Offer by salisuammy(f): 5:39pm On Jan 07, 2021
praktikals3:

Your head get oil kiss
Thank you dear kiss
Re: Private School Vs SFH Contract Offer by phal: 6:57pm On Jan 07, 2021
@OP, let me ask you this question first & answer me honestly, how long have u been working with ur private school & what have u achieved over the period? If you can't pin point anything tangible since u've been working with the private school then take ur new JOB.
The good thing about NGO job is they open doors for bigger opportunities by the way NGO don't stop their workers as such as their projects are continuous and they always renew their worker's contract whenever they expire, meanwhile the 125K is just ur basic salary Ooo plenty allowances still dey, u may end up taking home almost 200K at the end of each month, so the 6 months is just a formality, they may renew ur contract every 6 months till u spend 6 years on the job grin...I don't know why we see contract job as bad thing in Nigeria, even for developed countries na contract job dem dey offer na the money be koko..by the way who say school no dey stop people any how? except government schools... My brother go and take ur SFH job, my candid advice, many people dey wet dey find that job u re joking with

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Private School Vs SFH Contract Offer by phal: 7:13pm On Jan 07, 2021
Wiifesnatcher:
you studied accounting and you're an accountant where you work?

duration and steady income are things you should put into consideration and as an accountant I expect you to know better

What happen to the opportunities, experience & exposure he will get while on the NGO job? Is he planning to be on the private school job forever? And besides who said the school can not tell him to go even before the intended 6 months?
Re: Private School Vs SFH Contract Offer by phal: 7:22pm On Jan 07, 2021
Angelacruz:
Tell them you are going for a six months course,don't resign yet from your teaching job.

So the private school will now leave his position vacant till he comes back after 6 months?

Is either he press further in life and take the NGO job or he sits in one place and be collecting his 70K salary while his own market value depreciate simple.
Re: Private School Vs SFH Contract Offer by galantjoe(m): 7:26pm On Jan 07, 2021
Take a calculated risk and become rich.

Take up the new opportunity.
It will add to your job experience

1 Like

Re: Private School Vs SFH Contract Offer by Wande22(m): 10:41pm On Jan 07, 2021
Eddee:

Then you should know better! You almost speak in favor of perpetuity without taking into consideration that for most of last year, teaching/non-teaching staff of schools struggled to stay solvent as COVID-19 screwed our backward educational system. Sh*t can and will always hit the fan, the only way out is to be ready and stay dogged.
Bro, I'm not saying he should settle for less, but he should think twice and well
Re: Private School Vs SFH Contract Offer by UcheforGod(f): 11:25pm On Jan 07, 2021
noulish:

@OP if this idea will work, kindly go for it
It doesn't work like that in private Schools. They will replace him immediately
Re: Private School Vs SFH Contract Offer by OChimex: 1:25am On Jan 08, 2021
Nisot7:
Thank you sir.

But is it that easy to migrate from one NGO to another?

We are talking about 750k in that six months. The truth is, to get Job for Nigeria is the hardest.

My advice, you can only take the risk of taking the 6 months if you fit convince the private school to give you six months academic leave to complete a program, that way, the private school job waits for you if you don't make it after the 6 months SFH contract
Re: Private School Vs SFH Contract Offer by Wiifesnatcher(m): 5:05am On Jan 08, 2021
phal:

What happen to the opportunities, experience & exposure he will get while on the NGO job? Is he planning to be on the private school job forever? And besides who said the school can not tell him to go even before the intended 6 months?

where has your experience take you to? who ideas EPP if there is no capital

if he didn't involved himself in any financial discrepancies in the school he's working, they will hardly relieved me of his job except his village people. the prayer of those school that enjoy your service is for you not to leave their work

find out
Re: Private School Vs SFH Contract Offer by Myer(m): 7:15am On Jan 08, 2021
teadrake:
Go for SFH job. Don't worry about the 6 month contractual duration. Before your contract ends, they'll advertise similar position and you'll be considered automatically

How can you be so confident in misleading others?

What if they don't consider him automatically?

While it's important for OP to take advantage of opportunities, you should speak only of what you know of.

Let him know the risks involved and make his decision accordingly.

If he ends up losing both jobs after the 6 months will you be there to assist him before he gets back on his feet? Clearly no. You have your own issues you're dealing with.

That said, OP, I believe school jobs are relatively easier to get so taking the job of the SFH coy is reasonable but don't expect to be automatically retained after the 6 months.

Give your best but leave your options open. Keep applying for other jobs before the 6 months window.
Re: Private School Vs SFH Contract Offer by Eddee(m): 9:21am On Jan 08, 2021
Wande22:

Bro, I'm not saying he should settle for less, but he should think twice and well

Well, what do you sell or train - Quickbooks, Tally or SAGE?
Re: Private School Vs SFH Contract Offer by Wande22(m): 9:53am On Jan 08, 2021
Eddee:

Well, what do you sell or train - Quickbooks, Tally or SAGE?
all sir

1 Like

Re: Private School Vs SFH Contract Offer by phal: 10:42am On Jan 08, 2021
Wiifesnatcher:

where has your experience take you to? who ideas EPP if there is no capital

if he didn't involved himself in any financial discrepancies in the school he's working, they will hardly relieved me of his job except his village people. the prayer of those school that enjoy your service is for you not to leave their work

find out

Really?

Case closed... I can see you understand nothing about career growth & self development...bye bye
Re: Private School Vs SFH Contract Offer by Wiifesnatcher(m): 10:51am On Jan 08, 2021
phal:

Really?

Case closed... I can see you understand nothing about career growth & self development...bye bye

you that understand it, are you at the peak of your career? with your fairly used brain
Re: Private School Vs SFH Contract Offer by phal: 12:21pm On Jan 08, 2021
Wiifesnatcher:

you that understand it, are you at the peak of your career? with your fairly used brain

Hmmmmm...little wonders....now I see!!!
Re: Private School Vs SFH Contract Offer by Wiifesnatcher(m): 1:09pm On Jan 08, 2021
phal:

Hmmmmm...little wonders....now I see!!!

afi little wonders naa.....dummy everywhere
Re: Private School Vs SFH Contract Offer by teadrake(m): 2:56pm On Jan 08, 2021
Myer:

How can you be so confident in misleading others?

What if they don't consider him automatically?

While it's important for OP to take advantage of opportunities, you should speak only of what you know of.

Let him know the risks involved and make his decision accordingly.

If he ends up losing both jobs after the 6 months will you be there to assist him before he gets back on his feet? Clearly no. You have your own issues you're dealing with.

That said, OP, I believe school jobs are relatively easier to get so taking the job of the SFH coy is reasonable but don't expect to be automatically retained after the 6 months.

Give your best but leave your options open. Keep applying for other jobs before the 6 months window.
There is no misleading info. here. I was only trying to share what I know about them vis-à-vis having secured an offer to work with them in Kano.
Getting a job with SFH is quite competitive and takes a lot of effort. Location is also a key determinant here.
The OP was lucky enough to get a contract placement with them and that literally shows he's good. Like any other NGO jobs, SFH place key emphasis on experience and I believe that 6month duration will expose the OP to an experience which might be instrumental in getting even a permanent job with them.

The final decision lies with the Op and hence no intent of misleading! Thank you!
Re: Private School Vs SFH Contract Offer by teadrake(m): 3:07pm On Jan 08, 2021
samuelson06:

Automatically you say? Be calming down pls. You don't have any idea about the politics in NGO recruitment. Just say you may be considered but not automatically except the position is going to be in the North. But if in a place like Akwa Ibom, Cross River or even South East with little to less insecurity, forget it. It's gonna be big politics.
Don't get me wrong. Despite the politics affiliated with getting an offer with NGO, the Op managed to get one which is pegged at 6months duration. If you're well familiar with how NGO works, you'll agree with me that after 6months of that engagement, the Op will, for the avoidance of doubt be saturated with experience and projects never stops.
SFH sent advertorial virtually every week majorly on experienced hire.
The sole decision lies with the Op and I pray he take the right decision.
Re: Private School Vs SFH Contract Offer by samuelson06(m): 4:05pm On Jan 08, 2021
teadrake:

Don't get me wrong. Despite the politics affiliated with getting an offer with NGO, the Op managed to get one which is pegged at 6months duration. If you're well familiar with how NGO works, you'll agree with me that after 6months of that engagement, the Op will, for the avoidance of doubt be saturated with experience and projects never stops.
SFH sent advertorial virtually every week majorly on experienced hire.
The sole decision lies with the Op and I pray he take the right decision.

My response to this is still captured in my earlier submission. I said he may have something in the North is he wishes to relocate. NGO top guys don't care about the North; they don't have interest there. But down South here it's a fight. BTW, 6 months consultancy can be given to anybody that qualifies for it.

SFH of today isn't SFH of yesterday. They can't bid for projects directly again. They've been striped. The adverts you see flying around is just so they stay afloat. SFH don't have depth now.
Re: Private School Vs SFH Contract Offer by phal: 5:28pm On Jan 08, 2021
Wiifesnatcher:

afi little wonders naa.....dummy everywhere

won ti f'Owo jona lori eleyi grin grin grin
Re: Private School Vs SFH Contract Offer by Wiifesnatcher(m): 7:57pm On Jan 08, 2021
phal:

won ti f'Owo jona lori eleyi grin grin grin

won ti fi ori e gba paro, oro e ko Lori, ko ni di

Awon eyan WO e ni awo sukun, o WO ra e lawo re'rin

o se fun e laye
Re: Private School Vs SFH Contract Offer by phal: 10:25pm On Jan 08, 2021
Wiifesnatcher:

won ti fi ori e gba paro, oro e ko Lori, ko ni di

Awon eyan WO e ni awo sukun, o WO ra e lawo re'rin

o se fun e laye

I never expect u to make any sense though, since it is women u use all ur life to follow, u only think with ur d1*k... Fu*k boy like u grin
Re: Private School Vs SFH Contract Offer by Wiifesnatcher(m): 4:30am On Jan 09, 2021
phal:

I never expect u to make any sense though, since it is women u use all ur life to follow, u only think with ur d1*k... Fu*k boy like u grin

why are you jealous, ask your aunties and sister if they don't enjoy me, oniranu alayinironu ara Galatia

you need to be force to rehab and place on tough medical surveillance perhaps you will enjoy sanity again

attention seeker ediot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

190 Policemen Abscond From Counter-insurgency Training / I Have Been Robbed By My Workers. Please Help! / Help!!! Newly Recruited NIS Conpass 08 Need Your Prayer Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.