Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,479 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Do You Know This Soup Called "Emergency Soup Or Ndele"? Let's Cook - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Do You Know This Soup Called "Emergency Soup Or Ndele"? Let's Cook (970 Views)

What Is The Appropriate Measure Of Maggi In A Soup Or Stew? / Make Egusi Soup Without Frying | What Swallow Is Best For This Soup? / Is Time For Romantic Food,this Soup Cost Me 5500 To Prepare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Know This Soup Called "Emergency Soup Or Ndele"? Let's Cook by MedaRophe(f): 6:38am On Jan 07, 2021
Have you heard about this soup called emergency Soup? It is known as Ndele or ofe Ndele in Igbo dialect.
It is called emergency because it is used to solve emergency need for food in the family. It is as quick as preparing Noodles
Follow this link and learn new thing today.
https://9jainformed.com/2021/01/06/have-you-heard-about-emergency-soup-ndele-soup-or-ofe-ndele/
tongue tongue wink wink wink. Delicious!
We move to the next menu wink

Re: Do You Know This Soup Called "Emergency Soup Or Ndele"? Let's Cook by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:53am On Jan 07, 2021
Oh la la!

This looks delicious and sumptuous.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Know This Soup Called "Emergency Soup Or Ndele"? Let's Cook by chii8(f): 8:23pm On Jan 07, 2021
That picture up there can never be the emergency soup nah....

You eat the emergency soup in a mortar nah....

No visible meat or fish.... just crayfish, pepper, Onion,ogiri,red oil, little salt and hot/warm water....soup don done... it's been eaten in the mortar where the whole ingredient was grounded.....dasal....

2 Likes

Re: Do You Know This Soup Called "Emergency Soup Or Ndele"? Let's Cook by MedaRophe(f): 12:59pm On Jan 08, 2021
chii8:
That picture up there can never be the emergency soup nah....

You eat the emergency soup in a mortar nah....

Na visible meat or fish.... just crayfish, pepper, Onion,ogiri,red oil, little salt and hot/warm water....soup don done... it's been eaten in the mortar where the whole ingredient was grounded.....dasal....

.....You are also correct. It is stated too in the post. This method is the one familiar to you. Different ethnic and groups have their own emergency soup.
You just described my Granny's emergency soup. What about other tribes?
Re: Do You Know This Soup Called "Emergency Soup Or Ndele"? Let's Cook by MedaRophe(f): 1:01pm On Jan 08, 2021
MedaRophe:
Have you heard about this soup called emergency Soup? It is known as Ndele or ofe Ndele in Igbo dialect.
It is called emergency because it is used to solve emergency need for food in the family. It is as quick as preparing Noodles
Follow this link and learn new thing today.
https://9jainformed.com/2021/01/06/have-you-heard-about-emergency-soup-ndele-soup-or-ofe-ndele/
tongue tongue wink wink wink. Delicious!
My mother in-law's emergency soup always has bunch of smoked meat or fish in it because she sells cow meat (Nnewi born) grin tongue tongue
Re: Do You Know This Soup Called "Emergency Soup Or Ndele"? Let's Cook by descarado: 1:03pm On Jan 08, 2021
The picture up there is not emergency soup. You would have generated traffick if you actually posted real emergency soup cos most people don't know what it is.

All these fake bloggers.
Re: Do You Know This Soup Called "Emergency Soup Or Ndele"? Let's Cook by MedaRophe(f): 2:43pm On Jan 08, 2021
descarado:
The picture up there is not emergency soup. You would have generated traffick if you actually posted real emergency soup cos most people don't know what it is.

All these fake bloggers.
On top you called the poster fake. If only you will agree to research wide, you will be upgraded upstair.
That Mama Ekene prepares her emergency soup with only crayfish and ogiri because of her rate of poverty does not limit ndele soup to that level.
I am the writer of the post. I make Ndele soup for my family but I add fish and meat because I store them in the refrigerator. I also add little preserved vegetables on it. I don't also serve my husband the soup on the mortar cos it is obsolete. I put it in a plate.
Please, grow up and learn.
Re: Do You Know This Soup Called "Emergency Soup Or Ndele"? Let's Cook by descarado: 3:28pm On Jan 08, 2021
MedaRophe:

On top you called the poster fake. If only you will agree to research wide, you will be upgraded upstair.
That Mama Ekene prepares her emergency soup with only crayfish and ogiri because of her rate of poverty does not limit ndele soup to that level.
I am the writer of the post. I make Ndele soup for my family but I add fish and meat because I store them in the refrigerator. I also add little preserved vegetables on it. I don't also serve my husband the soup on the mortar cos it is obsolete. I put it in a plate.
That is why it's called emergency soup. That is what it is.
Once u start adding things not included in the original recipe, it's no longer emergency soup.
Carry your insecurity go one side. Nobody has time for that.

If u don't know how to prepare emergency soup or what is needed, u can ask instead of trying to make us accept your version.

If u want to promote your blog, use original content not fake.
U should do the learning sis kiss
Re: Do You Know This Soup Called "Emergency Soup Or Ndele"? Let's Cook by chii8(f): 9:57am On Jan 09, 2021
MedaRophe:

Lolzzzz...I get you too but if you are adding all those, maybe it's no longer emergency soup but nsala soup or something close to it.I think emergency soup has an origin.It was soup eaten in the olden days probably when parents returns from the farm which is always a far distance journey away from home, the mother quickly prepares emergency soup eaten with leftovers fufu of last night just to quench an immediate hunger(emergency soup is eaten from the mortar not plate)... That's what my grandma said oooo.

I believe nowadays,we have modernized the emergency soup and when modernization enters, it's no longer emergency soup.

1 Like

Re: Do You Know This Soup Called "Emergency Soup Or Ndele"? Let's Cook by MedaRophe(f): 11:00am On Jan 09, 2021
chii8:

Lolzzzz...I get you too but if you are adding all those, maybe it's no longer emergency soup but nsala soup or something close to it.I think emergency soup has an origin.It was soup eaten in the olden days probably when parents returns from the farm which is always a far distance journey away from home, the mother quickly prepares emergency soup eaten with leftovers fufu of last night just to quench an immediate hunger(emergency soup is eaten from the mortar not plate)... That's what my grandma said oooo.

I believe nowadays,we have modernized the emergency soup and when modernization enters, it's no longer emergency soup.
Daalu. I wrote all of this. But I didn't include the parts modernization has played on the poor Ndele soup.
Thanks for your wise submission

(1) (Reply)

The Lion Grabs A Valuable Meal / Why Are African Restaurants Not As Popular As Asian Restaurants? / Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllppppppppppppp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.