Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,256 members, 7,822,308 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate (20441 Views)

Photos From 2015 NEDG Presidential Debate, GEJ Present, GMB Absent / NEDG Vice Presidential Debate 2015 Live! / NEDG Presidential Debate Boycott: In Defence Of Muhammadu Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate by Adeoladada: 10:42pm On Mar 30, 2011
oh my goodness, i never believed i would admit to the fact that the present Nigerian presido is a BLOCKHEAD. Those 3 hausa guys on NN24 were more brilliant,. . . come now i thought it was supposed to be the other way round! GEJ is a disgrace to SS
[color=#990000][/color]

YES! they are more brillant to be d chairman of there respectives local government,
Re: Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate by SkyBlue1: 10:43pm On Mar 30, 2011
Adyman:

Based on the debates/interview so far, anyone that is still doubting the gulf of intellectual difference between GEJ and Buhari is either mischievous or clueless. Bitterness has overridden the reasoning of many people on this forum.

Buhari lacks mental capacity that is required to rule this nation at this present time. GEJ is not perfect but he is far ahead of Buhari. I don't think Buhari will ever attend any debate again in his life. The man is simply too poor.

Considering the fact that this election seems to be between the tow, I have started aggressive campaign for GEJ. Not that I like him that much but I can't just imagine the clueless Buhari sitting on top of my dear nation again

GEJ all the way. VOTE GEJ.

The opposition shot themselves in the foot and they would have only themselves to blame for missing the opportunity (election is next week). Unfortunately I missed the broadcast and would search avidly for videos of it online.

With regards to the part in bold, I don't really buy that but let us for a second assume such postulations are true. Buhari's main selling point has been his integrity (at least relative integrity compared with others) and that is something Jonathan can't buy. I never saw a huge difference between the three major candidates to be honest, but what put me a little more at ease with Buhari as opposed to Jonathan was his perceived sincerity. Jonathan on the other hand continued to show less of that (in my opinion). He has continued surrounding himself with corrupt elements in his party and to be honest, what 'war against corruption' have we seen since he has been in power? We all say corruption is Nigeria's major malaise, so what is Jonathan's score card on fighting corruption? Do you think Jonathan is bold enough to tackle the problems facing Nigeria? Do you even trust in his sincerity? If you do then fair enough, it is a democracy. But remember that the issue has hardly ever been about who can make promises, but about who can keep and deliver on them.

The saddest part is that Nigerian's have (yet again as has been the case for a long time) allowed themselves to be divided into sections, forgetting that this is not about winning some trivially petty online 'arguement' or being "right" on nairaland, but about the future of a country, our country. Nothing inherently wrong with being a Jonathan supporter, but when one keeps hearing 'you can shout all you want cos he would win anyway' as a retort to genuine questions asked about Jonathan, you begin to wonder whether this people actually stop to think if Jonathan winning would actually be a good thing for Nigeria, or is it all about winning and nothing more? Ten days can be a long time but to be honest if this is a last major image many voters take to the polling booth then the opposition have no one but themselves to blame. Some things are more important than petty pride and at the end of the day what exactly did they prove? Would there be another debate as widely broadcasted and watched like this?
Re: Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate by naijaking1: 10:43pm On Mar 30, 2011
Beaf:

Yes o! Please take 1 tablet 3 times daily, after meals.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6

This medicine works best if taken with 2 packs of special GEJ biscuits.
Re: Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate by firmi(m): 10:49pm On Mar 30, 2011
gej folks cant u see this guy isnt a bad guy.bt the wheel he is driving is d problem.PDP.wit all is gud intensions he will rule nigeria as a figure head.even by d way he talks.so obvious
Re: Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate by Ibime(m): 10:54pm On Mar 30, 2011
fizokey:

They should jet out of Nigeria immediately(if not tonite!) We don't need such fake patriots!! But Nigeria is far bigger than them.

You no know say if you offer many Nigerians this curse ("get out of Nigeria tonight"wink, they would count their blessings?  grin grin grin

Yes o, anything Nigerians want to do with their future, I can decide not to partake. . . . and I'm sure you enjoy having that option too, having told us that this is the first time you are proud of your green pally.

The difference between me and you is that you believe this moment in time marks a turning point, whilst I believe it marks an entrenchment of everything that's gone wrong with Nigeria.
Re: Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate by Kobojunkie: 10:54pm On Mar 30, 2011
So we ended up not getting a debate but a monologue? OK!
Re: Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate by chuqudy(m): 10:55pm On Mar 30, 2011
I support Goodluck Jonathan.
Re: Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate by MeGaStReEt: 10:57pm On Mar 30, 2011
Kobojunkie:

So we ended up not getting a debate but a monologue? OK!

waicome ma'm. was wonderin why I didnt c your comment
Re: Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate by Adeoladada: 11:00pm On Mar 30, 2011
gej folks cant u see this guy isnt a bad guy.bt the wheel he is driving is d problem.PDP.wit all is gud intensions he will rule nigeria as a figure head.even by d way he talks.so obvious

can you tell me why FASOLA is making more progress in lagos? it is nt that ACN is a good party NO! after all during there regeme in OYO state we we all can see but the answer is simple bcs he is ready for change,and this makes him nt to care abt the way Tinubu(ACN GOD FATHER)treathing him about the 2nd term if he refuse to yeild to his advise. DID YOU REM HIS ANSWER? SO GEJ IS READY TO MAKE A CHANGE IN NIGERIA
Re: Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate by firmi(m): 11:03pm On Mar 30, 2011
sure and real monologue
Re: Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate by Adyman: 11:07pm On Mar 30, 2011
Sky Blue:

The opposition shot themselves in the foot and they would have only themselves to blame for missing the opportunity (election is next week). Unfortunately I missed the broadcast and would search avidly for videos of it online.

With regards to the part in bold, I don't really buy that but let us for a second assume such postulations are true. Buhari's main selling point has been his integrity (at least relative integrity compared with others) and that is something Jonathan can't buy. I never saw a huge difference between the three major candidates to be honest, but what put me a little more at ease with Buhari as opposed to Jonathan was his perceived sincerity. Jonathan on the other hand continued to show less of that (in my opinion). He has continued surrounding himself with corrupt elements in his party and to be honest, what 'war against corruption' have we seen since he has been in power? We all say corruption is Nigeria's major malaise, so what is Jonathan's score card on fighting corruption? Do you think Jonathan is bold enough to tackle the problems facing Nigeria? Do you even trust in his sincerity? If you do then fair enough, it is a democracy. But remember that the issue has hardly ever been about who can make promises, but about who can keep and deliver on them.

The saddest part is that Nigerian's have (yet again as has been the case for a long time) allowed themselves to be divided into sections, forgetting that this is not about winning some trivially petty online 'arguement' or being "right" on nairaland, but about the future of a country, our country. Nothing inherently wrong with being a Jonathan supporter, but when one keeps hearing 'you can shout all you want cos he would win anyway' as a retort to genuine questions asked about Jonathan, you begin to wonder whether this people actually stop to think if Jonathan winning would actually be a good thing for Nigeria, or is it all about winning and nothing more? Ten days can be a long time but to be honest if this is a last major image many voters take to the polling booth then the opposition have no one but themselves to blame. Some things are more important than petty pride and at the end of the day what exactly did they prove? Would there be another debate as widely broadcasted and watched like this?

All this he is honest and will fight corruption are all nonsense. If I may ask, how do you fight corruption? Is it by arresting OBJ and few others?? My believe is that larger percentage of human being all over the world (white or Black) has tendencies for corruption. The best way to arrest this menace is putting intelligent processes in place. Honesty is not the only quality that is required to rule a nation that is as diverse as Nigeria. You need to be mentally sound and I'm sorry to say Buhari is very poor in that aspect. What has Buhari been doing since 1986?? There is massive poverty and high level of illiteracy in his village, what has he done about it. His destiny is just to rule Nigeria, He will fail again, again and again. VOTE GEJ.
Re: Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate by Kobojunkie: 11:07pm On Mar 30, 2011
MeGaStReEt:

waicome ma'm. was wonderin  why I didnt c your comment

What do you want me to say? We all sat here year after year agreeing that PDP and it's members are not fit to stay. Today we watched a president, who after 12 years of

* not doing anything to calm the situation in the Niger Delta,
* not giving his own Bayelsan's a better life
*  sitting behind failed projects under yar adua
* making numerous promises and delivering on less than 97% of them

give us a monologue, note not a debate, after weeks of pretending the NEDG is the only organization that can organize a debate, what else is there to say?  I see now why Chris Okotie and Dele Momodu were disinvited.   lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Like we have said many many times over the years(assuming we have free and fair election in 10 days) it is almost certain that Nigerians do deserve the sort of leaders they continue to have.   smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate by fizokey(m): 11:08pm On Mar 30, 2011
@beaf, i dey tell u oh, i dey pamper my green passport sotee i wan put am for freezer make e chill well well, lol. Ehen, u still get those panadol extras? I go need plenty cartons make i distribute to people wey go get serious headache when the results are announced on the 11th. Hehe. Time to sleep jor, i hope to dream of goodluck!
Re: Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate by paddylo1(m): 11:11pm On Mar 30, 2011
[size=14pt]GEJ has acquitted himself favorably tonight

The Nigerian Presidency needs someone like him in the saddle the next 4yrs. . .

Lets leave the baggage of the 1980s behind. . .or sharia compliant Former Kano state Governor. . .and the former abacha police henchman. . .

GEJ carry go,  . .u are getting 60% of the popular vote. . .

go on and shame your clueless critics. .

cheers
cool cool
[/size]
Re: Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate by firmi(m): 11:14pm On Mar 30, 2011
wat change has he,in d past 9 months.nd yet stilll gives him [obj] credit nd consolations.bloody god fatherism
@paddy
your point exactly
Re: Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate by jmaine: 11:16pm On Mar 30, 2011
Beaf:

Yes o! Please take 1 tablet 3 times daily, after meals.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6

Na DAGA [/b]OR [b]PHENSIC tablet i go prescibe join . . . incase the Panadol wey you provide don expire  . . .You know Buhari said so himself . .  tongue

naijaking1:

This medicine works best if taken with 2 packs of special GEJ biscuits.

After eating GEJ special rice dispensed by Dame herself
Re: Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate by aniffy4eva(m): 11:25pm On Mar 30, 2011
Sky Blue:

The saddest part is that Nigerian's have (yet again as has been the case for a long time) allowed themselves to be divided into sections, forgetting that this is not about winning some trivially petty online 'arguement' or being "right" on nairaland, but about the future of a country, our country. Nothing inherently wrong with being a Jonathan supporter, but when one keeps hearing 'you can shout all you want cos he would win anyway' as a retort to genuine questions asked about Jonathan, you begin to wonder whether this people actually stop to think if Jonathan winning would actually be a good thing for Nigeria, or is it all about winning and nothing more?

Great perspective,
Just spoke my mind.
Re: Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate by stiyke(m): 11:26pm On Mar 30, 2011
Adeoladada:

LO! I've just been lurking in the background, having a good laugh throughout the thread. In the beginning it was just anti-GEJ people laughing at their usual rude jokes and engaging in their usual loud and tasteless name calling.
As the debate proceeded, they got progressively quieter, and a couple of them even hailed GEJ.

. . .But by the end of the debate, the diehards were taking their defeat in a very sore way. They swung their filthy words away from GEJ, and hauled them squarely at all Nigerians instead!
The most hilarious point came when two of them revealed their absolute lack of love or concern for the country. Ibime thanked God he has a British passport and Donlittle thanked God he had residency papers (for God knows where). I am 100% sure we can see Buhari's reaction in these class of supporters. Hilarious!!!      [color=#990000][/color][b]
[/b]

GOOD SUMMARY ,YOU ARE VERY RIGHT,WHAT MAKES ME DEDICATE 2NIGHT FOR ANTIGEJ IS BCS THEY THINK THEY ARE MORE THAN GEJ SUPPORTER ON NAIRALAND NOT KNOWING THAT ONLY TANK WITHOUT WATER MAKES A LOUDER NOISE.

shocked BOMB!!

VOTE GEJ VOTE FOR PROGRESS.

VOTE GEJ!!!!
Re: Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate by ragdollz: 11:26pm On Mar 30, 2011
LmFao @ the comments about the "MONOLOGUE" not being the same thing as a debate. Good argument grin.
Re: Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate by stormm: 11:27pm On Mar 30, 2011
To all that support GEJ, may he be the head of your family!
Re: Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate by Sibe007(m): 11:29pm On Mar 30, 2011
Kobojunkie:

What do you want me to say? We all sat here year after year agreeing that PDP and it's members are not fit to stay. Today we watched a president, who after 12 years of

give us a monologue, note not a debate, after weeks of pretending the NEDG is the only organization that can organize a debate, what else is there to say?  I see now why Chris Okotie and Dele Momodu were disinvited.   lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Like we have said many many times over the years(assuming we have free and fair election in 10 days) it is almost certain that Nigerians do deserve the sort of leaders they continue to have.   smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

Was it Goodluck that Told the The other three to boycott the Debate?

Making Numerous promises? how often have u heard of Fuel scarcity compared to before,

Sitting behind failed projects of Yar adua, Railway just resumed work in some stations which have been undergoing repairs

My people whether we like it or Not God is favouring Goodluck,

Hence his opposition made the wrong move of not attending the debate.
Re: Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate by DoNotBanMe: 11:34pm On Mar 30, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Agressive minority should not force their views and tastes on everyone !

where will you be when GEJ wins the election? You will hit your own head with a sledge hammer, eat GEJ rice, drink GEJ panadol and get fooooked with Buhari Condom, which leaks and then you get pregnant, 9 months after you come here and say, wetin woman go do o, see me se wetin hatred of GEJ earned me, and then we will name the baby some funny name like, Baby Kobojunkie alias, akpeteshimerije, while you continue to ROFMALAO yourself and even ask for more of Buhari condom and you even ask him to allow you disribute it all over Nigeria and then what will u do next? Jump in the red hot oven while we all ROFMALAO on your problems. And then you call Seun and say, please ban all GEJ supporters.
Re: Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate by emekagh(m): 11:37pm On Mar 30, 2011
Goodluck to you all, including Buhari and Ribadu supporters.

[size=21pt]GEJ Fresh Air 2011[/size]
Re: Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate by Ibime(m): 11:41pm On Mar 30, 2011
Sibe007:

The proof of the pudding is in the eating.

Even if we accept that Ribadu et al had no reason to boycott the debate, I think any sane mind should ask the question:

(1.) Knowing that Ribadu et al wouldnt attend the debate, why didn't BON move one of the other candidates to today?

Answer: Because it was never a debate, it was simply a coronation of GEJ.

From this, we deduce that Ribadu et al were completely justified in boycotting this charade. QED.

They even brought live band to the studio to play for him, and started with the moderator telling us that this debate is "leadership in action"  grin

Please save stories for the children.
Re: Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate by KDULAR: 11:45pm On Mar 30, 2011
It is absolutely undeserving and unpatriotic for any Nigerian or NLder to refer to anyone that doesn't support any of his prefered candidate as  unpatriotic and haters of Nigeria. Of what difference are we if we use such Heavy words on people with different preference.  Does such remarks makes us any different from that weapon wielding and intolerant thug on the outside. i still say nigeria is still doomed because most of us Does Not understand what democracy and freedom of expression and fundamental human right is . These only exists in our books laptops and i our heads and not in pur hearts.
Re: Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate by Kobojunkie: 11:48pm On Mar 30, 2011
Sibe007:

Making Numerous promises? how often have u heard of Fuel scarcity compared to before,

Sitting behind failed projects of Yar adua, Railway just resumed work in some stations which have been undergoing repairs

My people whether we like it or Not God is favouring Goodluck,

I hope reading is not a problem for you? The absence of the 3 others has nothing to do with the fact that we got a monologue today.  Just in case reading is a problem here are the main again for you

a) Chris Okotie, Dele Momudu, and I believer there is a third, are presidential aspirants that could have easily taken the place of the missing 3, so I see no reason what bringing up those 3 has to do with what we got today. So there is no excuse for why NEDG would do it did today, none whatsoever.

b) Railway was never Jonathan's project --- he was never head of that committee. The contracts were awarded by the Yar adua administration and that they were delivered on time and the contractor handling the rails finished on schedule is a credit to Yar adua who took the railway project as his.

c) God does not anywhere state he will take a man whose 12 years record is unverifiable to the stars. That is not God . . . not please leave him out of this one.
Re: Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate by ragdollz: 11:50pm On Mar 30, 2011
Dele Momodu sooo has jokes:

"There was a clear agenda to make GEJ very comfortable by debating with himself. What a charade! #BONDebate"

LMAO, got that off his twitter page. Is it really possible to "debate with one's self"? Lol. I love Naija!!
Re: Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate by brixton: 11:53pm On Mar 30, 2011
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A candidate who will only appear on Satelite stv like NN24 which many cannot afford and chooses to boycot a debate on National tv, NTA and radio that are available to everybody is not worthy of leading this country. PDP is under attack because its the bigger of the thieves and has the larger chunk of the cake at its side. Others are only struggling for the larger side of the cake. For instance, the massive looting in Ekiti and Osun states under ACN is second to none and yet covered by heavy propaganda. In Ekiti and Osun states, no commissioners, special advisers, board members etc have been appointed and yet their salaries are deducted. In Osun state in particular, the local government caretakers chairmen newly appointed got the shock of their lives when they resumed about three weeks ago and discovered that the federal allocations to the local govts since November 2010 have developed wings under their ACN state party leadership. These facts can be verified.

Nigerians remain Nigeria's biggest problem.We are quick to slam the pdp but keep looking away from othercorrupt parties.We need to see beyond this enemity
Re: Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate by Ibime(m): 11:55pm On Mar 30, 2011
brixton:

A candidate who will only appear on Satelite stv like NN24 which many cannot afford and chooses to boycot a debate on National tv, NTA and radio that are available to everybody is not worthy of leading this country.

Guy, just tell us why Utomi or one of the others wasnt moved to face GEJ, or why Momodu and Okotie were barred so that GEJ can debate himself. . . then you will know why Ribadu, Shekarau and Buhari boycotted the debate.
Re: Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate by emekagh(m): 11:59pm On Mar 30, 2011
Ibime:

The proof of the pudding is in the eating.

Even if we accept that Ribadu et al had no reason to boycott the debate, I think any sane mind should ask the question:

(1.) Knowing that Ribadu et al wouldnt attend the debate, why didn't BON move one of the other candidates to today?

Answer: Because it was never a debate, it was simply a coronation of GEJ.

From this, we deduce that Ribadu et al were completely justified in boycotting this charade. QED.

They even brought live band to the studio to play for him, and started with the moderator telling us that this debate is "leadership in action"  grin

Please save stories for the children.

The President GEJ, urged them to honour the debate. So one would have expected them forgo their sulking and childishness and honour the debate at least in their own interest. A former UN Sec. Gen once said  "It is only a fool, who cannot change his mind."

Their pettiness, foolishness, and arrogance will come back to haunt them for many years to come.

As previously stated, the GEJ campaign strategy is much better. He has better strategists, and better score card!

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-630750.0.html
Re: Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate by efisher(m): 12:03am On Mar 31, 2011
It is on record that GEJ actually pleaded with them to attend the debate. The bluntly refused. They have painted a bad picture for themselves. Pride comes before a fall.
Re: Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate by emekagh(m): 12:06am On Mar 31, 2011
KDULAR:

It is absolutely undeserving and unpatriotic for any Nigerian or NLder to refer to anyone that doesn't support any of his prefered candidate as  unpatriotic and haters of Nigeria. Of what difference are we if we use such Heavy words on people with different preference.  Does such remarks makes us any different from that weapon wielding and intolerant thug on the outside. i still say nigeria is still [b]doomed [/b]because most of us Does Not understand what democracy and freedom of expression and fundamental human right is . These only exists in our books laptops and i our heads and not in pur hearts.

My friend stop cursing the country because of your pettiness and frustration, because you curse your own family and friends (hope you can relate with that.) And it's a lot heavier and worse than your quarrel with the 'unpatriotic and hater' commentators.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

N1Million Placed On Ram Fights In Lagos / Saraki's Travail, Will Cost Nigeria Politically - Doyin Okupe / El-Rufai Confirms Killing Of Abducted Greenfield Students By Bandits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.