Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,062 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Letter to tracy Zille By A Nairalander - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Letter to tracy Zille By A Nairalander (255 Views)

Helen Zille ? / A Nairalander and APC member at APC presidential rally in benin city / Open Letter To President Buhari By Timi Frank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Letter to tracy Zille By A Nairalander by SeeAfrica(m): 3:13pm On Jan 07, 2021
A letter to Tracy zille.
Having gone through your post ,I was left with three options:to ignore or to dwell on self hate of being an African or to reply to counter your dissing of Africa and her people.I found the last option to be expedient and more better to deal with it.I would rather contest against your malicious notion about Africa than to be capitulated with your vilifying commentary of Africa.We know your kind: those of you who profess to be philanthrope,but behind that fascade are egoistical,callous,ugly headed racists - worst than George Wallace and more vicious and inhumane than Leopold II of Belgium.Hence,I would consider myself a nitwit if I should put myself on the enclave of those who thought your patronizing and dehumanizing comments, a bitter truth.What is the truth there,that we are inconsequential,prehistoric,inept,imprudent,intellectually impoverished etc?.Your assertions are knavish,dissenting and unacceptable.History has taught me not to accept such falsehood;but to be proud and unapologetic of being an African.I wouldn't have bothered myself to write this if you hadn't be generic in your claims.We agree that our leaders have been shortcoming and underperforming.And their incompetence has deprived Africa of true experiential development in all aspects.If you had center your opinion on this, then it wouldn’t have caused any need of me to contend with you because in African proveb it's said "when a father decides to forgo his dignity in playing silly with every child,his children wouldn't rise to defend when he is been chastised as a kid".You claim what we only produce babies in Africa ,yet Western Countries scrambled to do trade with us.If you claim was true,then African countries would have been avoided and ignored in world trading affair.You people were so covetous of the natural resources that abound in Africa to the extent that Berlin Conference was organized in 1884 with as Africa as the focal point of interest.A place where they sat to discuss and deliberate on African colonization, with the aim of setting up international guidelines for making claims to African land to avoid conflict between European powers - as if it was their inheritance. Africa, once a cynosure of Europeans,is now being called shit hole and labeled as unimportant.Why wouldn't you say so,after your progenitors had plundered her resources.Not only that,they carted away about 11 million sons and daughters of Africa.What your fathers stole from us can never be estimated or recompensed.Go to your museums,and see the evidential objects of ancient Africa magnificence.Yet you open your mouth and say that we only know how to make babies.Do I need to remind you of your negligible knowledge of history? Yes,I will have to,for the benefit of those with little minds like yours.Before America and Europe saw the light of civilization,Africa had ready been lit up by it.Just because of our civilization was slow paced doesn't mean that we're stagnant and stale.Every Continent like Africa,had their turn of prehistoric era before modern civilization.Before the first Europeans of Portuguese heritage came in contact with Africa in the 15th Century,there was ancient Egypt,ancient Carthage;there were kingdoms of Dagbon in Ghana:NRI,Oyo,Benin Kingdom in Nigeria:Nok Civilization etc.So you see we were never inertia in human civilization.On your claim that,we would have had our mouth smelling like dead rats if not for the tooth paste you provide,I have a reason to differ:there was chewing sticks before tooth paste.David Livingstone nor Mary slessor, never complained of our fathers having foul smelling breath.I can say assuredly,that they too,during their stay here had tried using our local toothpaste in our way or the other.This I can say based on the welcoming and sociable persona they possessed and were known for;not all these haughty looking,slanderous misfits that trot about America and Europe.I will be a liar if I dispute the fact that western civilization hasn’t been beneficial at all,it has been to Africa,but Africa would have still existed and flourished without it.Because in Africa,there is pure strength and genuine wisdom.We are also a resilient people.When Covid-19 swept in,many premonitions concerning our survival were spent on us. Evil expectations were harbored and the odd staked against us,but here are we,still striving.For God in His infinite mercy,never allowed such evil predictions to come to pass.And today many of You are still astounded with how we survived.In fact,I can say,Africa did more in containing Ebola than what china,US and UK,with all their sophistication,could have done in containing Covid-19 spread.I am not blaming them ,but I am letting you know that Africa is not what you undervalued us to be.We are also trying our best to see that Covid-19 is made extinct,which i believe is the prayer of every right thinking Human.Not only Europe and America,but all over the world,scientists are working tirelessly to make sure a potent vaccine is developed; and thank God there is light in the tunnel following the development of pfizer vaccine.Also,your claim that we are only producing anointing oil and prayers,is laughable and pitiable.But let me put it to you that: Africa is a religious society and we believe in the efficacy of our prayers.If you don't believe in prayers,we do,and we are unapologetic about it.
Africa has endured oppression,deprivation,molestation etc during the horror days of exploration, slavery,colonization,and even presently,neocolonialism.We have suffered more than any other continent as a result of external infiltration and arbitration. But We refuse to perpetually live in fear and self-contempt. And today,Sons and daughters of African heritage are breaking grounds and are moving forward.If We were able to emerge from slavery and colonization,broken but never vanguished,then we will emerge from this pestilence victorious.We are not afraid of going into extinction,because we can never be extincted.The vaccination,no doubt, is important,but don’t think we will all die if we are denied vaccination.
Tracy,you and your cohort should know this:We are Africans,and we can never be ashamed of who we are.Being an African is an honor,for we comee from greatness.

Re: Letter to tracy Zille By A Nairalander by Etinosa1234: 5:10pm On Jan 07, 2021
U can't even space ur writing... U think someone will want to read this?
Re: Letter to tracy Zille By A Nairalander by Tumbulum: 5:28pm On Jan 07, 2021
And you replied her with a phone designed by white people. Mhen go drink agbo and sleep

(1) (Reply)

Another Nigerian Man Held With Seven Kilograms Of Heroin In India / APC Congratulates Prof. George Obiozor for Emerging President-Elect of Ohaneze. / 2023 Elections: Kalu Calls For Dedication, Love, Commitment As Panacea For PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.