Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,739,569 members, 6,496,652 topics. Date: Sunday, 19 September 2021 at 09:42 AM

Captain Mahmood Takes Over As Aero Contractors’ CEO - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Captain Mahmood Takes Over As Aero Contractors’ CEO (175 Views)

Aero Contractors: Passenger Who Sneezes Onboard Will Be Treated As COVID-19 Case / "Aero Contractors Dropped Passengers At Benin Airport, Put Them In Car To Warri" / Aero Contractors Passengers Taking Refuge Under The Aircraft In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Captain Mahmood Takes Over As Aero Contractors’ CEO by jarawa: 4:09pm On Jan 07
Captain Abdullahi Zubair Mahmood, the former Chief Pilot of Arik Air Limited, has been appointed as the new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Aero Contractors.

He took over from Captain Ado Sanusi, who resigned on Wednesday as the Managing Director of the airline after the expiration of his tenure.

Captain Mahmood, who previously worked at Skypower Express Airways joined Arik Air in 2007 as a flight officer and held the positions of Chief Pilot/Deputy Fleet Manager, Airbus A330; MNPS Training Captain; and Fleet Manager, Canadian Regional Jet (CRJ) 900.

He was also at a time the Line Training Captain and Member, IATA Operational Safety Audit (IOSA) for Arik Air Flight Operations.

He trained at Aviation Atlanta Peach Tree Airport, Atlanta Georgia for his Airline Transport Pilot License (ATPL); Nigerian College Of Aviation Technology (NCAT), Zaria, Nigeria where he obtained a Private Pilot License (PPL), Commercial Pilot License (CPL) Multi/IR.

Captain Abdullahi is a licensed Training Captain from IAGO, CAE Burgess Hill Training Centre in London.

Recall that Asset Management Company of Nigeria (AMCON) had in 2016 taken over the management of Aero Contractors after it dissolved the board of the company following increased debt profile.

As a result, AMCON took over 60 percent stake in the company, leaving 40 percent to legacy shareholders, with an agreement that the shareholders manage the company through their representatives.

A statement by Mr. Jude Nwuzor, Head of Corporate Communication for AMCON, noted that Captain Mahmood’s appointment has been received by the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA).

The statement said the decision to take over the management of the company was in furtherance of AMCON’s responsibility of acquiring eligible organisation assets and putting them to economic use in a profitable manner.

“The management of AMCON decided to make changes in the management of the airline to protect the brand heritage of the airline, a very well cherished value.

“AMCON also maintains that Captain Abdullahi Mahmood’s appointment is in the public interest to sustain and improve the robust and premium quality service which Aero is known for in the country,” the statement read.

It was also revealed that Captain Mahmood’s predecessor, Captain Sanusi would later head a new airline, NG Eagle, which is in the process to secure its Air Operating Certificate (AOC) from the NCAA.

https://dailytrust.com/captain-mahmood-takes-over-as-aero-contractors-ceo

(1) (Reply)

Dental Therapist Processing GDC / Nigerians Sing "Up NEPA" In Texas To Celebrate Power Restoration - Video / (graphic Sensitive)scores Dead As Car Ramp Into Bike While Overspeeding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.