Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

Obaseki's Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Fixes Jan 9 For Judgement - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki's Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Fixes Jan 9 For Judgement (15304 Views)

Forgery: Court Admits Obaseki’s Original Certificates As Evidence / Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Orders Obaseki To Open Defence Tuesday / Forgery: Court Admits Two More Exhibits Against Obaseki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obaseki's Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Fixes Jan 9 For Judgement by Dansuqi: 10:13am On Jan 08, 2021
ElSherriff:
On the basis of your last sentence, do you agree that there is a possibility that the 2016 affidavit and INEC Form CF001 which have both been admitted as evidence may indicate providing false evidence under oath? Remember as at 2016, he had claimed he lost his certificates. Now, if he made a mistake in the INEC forms he filled, why did the affidavit bear a date corroborating the CF001? Why was no counter affidavit sworn between then and now to correct the mistake? and why all of a sudden there became a cropped date on the 2020 certificate?

I will tilt slightly to a disqualification. Not because of the 2020 forms but for the previous criminal offence. In this case, he forged in 2016 and Section 31 (6) of the electoral act provides that "If the court determines that any of the information contained in the affidavit or any document submitted by that candidate is false, the Court shall issue an order disqualifying the candidate from contesting the election"
quote author=fergie001 post=97829418]
The Abuja High Court Registrar wasn't called up as a witness by any of the lawyers. He didn't confirm or deny anything.
It is mere conjecture.

If you are found to have forged which is a Criminal offence at any time, especially in a pre-election or tribunal case (excepting as a civil case), even if it were many years back...You will go in for it.

Gbam.am sure that boy up there with an abominable name starting from agbo is guilty of the same crime hence the frenzy in defending obaseki
Re: Obaseki's Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Fixes Jan 9 For Judgement by fergie001: 11:39am On Jan 08, 2021
ElSherriff:
From what I have gathered so far:
The 3 issues formulated from the Plaintiff's case I believe, is that:
1. Obaseki supplied false information in his INEC form CF001 submitted for the September 19, 2020 election.

2. Obaseki lied on oath in the INEC form CF001 to contest either the 2016 or 2020 elections, in aid of his qualification.

3. Obaseki submitted a forged Certificate to contest the 2020 elections...that the Certificate submitted in 2016 (bearing the signature of only the VC) was different from that of 2020, and so forged.

The Prosecution called up 6 witnesses and the 1st respondent 3.

The PW1, PW3 & PW6 all agreed with DW-1, DW-2 (issuing authority) & DW-3 that if you make photocopies of the said Certificate it will become an incomplete photocopy.

PW1 - PW6 all agreed that they had never set their eyes on Obaseki's original, and instead relied on the photocopies.

DW-2 (the key witness) also stated emphatically that the Certificates of 2016 & 2020 are theirs, bringing forth other photocopies with different cut sizes as exhibits which was pleaded.

DW-1 stated he made the photocopies and in error.

Line 10 of yours said.."previous criminal offence"..for the purpose of emphasis, there is no Court that have pronounced criminality on Obaseki. It is a conjecture and not tenable.

Your Line 11 was also wrong: What is a counter-affidavit?
Counter affidavit is an affidavit filed by the respondent in reply to a petition.
He cannot file an affidavit and then file a counter- affidavit.

AGAIN, for emphasis..... Obaseki allegedly submitted an affidavit that he graduated in 1976 alongside a Certificate that he graduated in 1979, all of this in 2016.

Are you familiar with the case between Agi V Ayade & 2Ors)
dansuqi
kahal29
cktheluckyman
agborietoye
Re: Obaseki's Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Fixes Jan 9 For Judgement by Dansuqi: 12:04pm On Jan 08, 2021
fergie001:

From what I have gathered so far:
The 3 issues formulated from this case I believe, is that:
1. Obaseki supplied false information in his INEC form CF001 submitted for the September 19, 2020 election.

2. Obaseki lied on oath in the INEC form CF001 to contest either the 2016 or 2020 elections, in aid of his qualification.

3. Obaseki submitted a forged Certificate to contest the 2020 elections...that the Certificate submitted in 2016 (bearing the signature of only the VC) was different from that of 2020, and so forged.

The Prosecution called up 6 witnesses and the 1st respondent 3.

The PW1, PW3 & PW6 all agreed with DW-1, DW-2 (issuing authority) & DW-3 that if you make photocopies of the said Certificate it will become an incomplete photocopy.

PW1 - PW6 all agreed that they have never set their eyes on Obaseki's original.

DW-2 (the key witness) also stated emphatically that the Certificates of 2016 & 2020 are theirs, bringing forth other photocopies with different cut sizes as exhibits which was pleaded.

Line 10 of yours said.."previous criminal offence"..for the purpose of emphasis, there is no Court that have pronounced criminality on Obaseki. It is a conjecture and not tenable. No offence, at least yet.

Your Line 11 was also wrong: What is a counter-affidavit?
Counter affidavit is an affidavit filed by the respondent in reply to a petition.
He cannot file an affidavit and then file a counter- affidavit.

AGAIN, for emphasis..... Obaseki submitted an affidavit that he graduated in 1976 alongside a Certificate that he graduated in 1979, all of this in 2016.

Are you familiar with the case between Agi V Ayade?
dansuqi
kahal29
cktheluckyman
agborietoye

Please,I heard that agi has gone to the tribunal.can you confirm
Re: Obaseki's Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Fixes Jan 9 For Judgement by fergie001: 12:11pm On Jan 08, 2021
Dansuqi:

Please,I heard that agi has gone to the tribunal.can you confirm
Yes, he has gone to the tribunal.
Re: Obaseki's Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Fixes Jan 9 For Judgement by Indispensable85(m): 12:17pm On Jan 08, 2021
fergie001:

The Abuja High Court Registrar wasn't called up as a witness by any of the lawyers. He didn't confirm or deny anything.
It is mere conjecture.

If you are found to have forged which is a Criminal offence at any time, especially in a pre-election or tribunal case (excepting as a civil case), even if it were many years back...You will go in for it.

Don't forget that all evidence must not be oral.
Re: Obaseki's Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Fixes Jan 9 For Judgement by fergie001: 12:20pm On Jan 08, 2021
Indispensable85:

Don't forget that all evidence must not be oral.
The Registrar didn't show up at all.
His matter wasn't mentioned. The exhibits were just submitted.
Re: Obaseki's Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Fixes Jan 9 For Judgement by Indispensable85(m): 12:34pm On Jan 08, 2021
fergie001:

The Registrar didn't show up at all.
His matter wasn't mentioned. The exhibits were just submitted.

That's exactly my point. The submitted exhibits in that regard are before the Judge. Be sure that he's going through them right now.
Re: Obaseki's Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Fixes Jan 9 For Judgement by fergie001: 12:37pm On Jan 08, 2021
Indispensable85:

That's exactly my point. The submitted exhibits in that regard are before the Judge. Be sure that he's going through them right now.
Yes, alongside the Original UI Certificate.
Re: Obaseki's Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Fixes Jan 9 For Judgement by Indispensable85(m): 12:46pm On Jan 08, 2021
fergie001:

Yes, alongside the Original UI Certificate.

U know why I dey laff? The judge has a good reason to give judgement either way. I just hope the cabal has no interest in this case.
Re: Obaseki's Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Fixes Jan 9 For Judgement by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jan 08, 2021
Indispensable85:

U know why I dey laff? The judge has a good reason to give judgement either way. I just hope the cabal has no interest in this case.
why do you think oshiomole withdraw his chairman lawsuit in court??

Why do you think oshiomole was able to boast about this court case to his supporters??

The case has already been settled, this is just academic exercise.

There's a reason no single soul has decamped from APC in Edo State.

There is a reason obaseki haven't share position in his cabinet since he won.

This case is done and dusted.

Try to call any APC Edo supporters in Abuja, they are celebrating
Re: Obaseki's Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Fixes Jan 9 For Judgement by Indispensable85(m): 1:03pm On Jan 08, 2021
Igbosmoker:
why do you think oshiomole withdraw his chairman lawsuit in court??

Why do you think oshiomole was able to boast about this court case to his supporters??

The case has already been settled, this is just academic exercise.

There's a reason no single soul has decamped from APC in Edo State.

There is a reason obaseki haven't share position in his cabinet since he won.

This case is done and dusted.

Try to call any APC Edo supporters in Abuja, they are celebrating

Haaaaa they're celebrating? For real? We wait and see what happens tomorrow.
Re: Obaseki's Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Fixes Jan 9 For Judgement by fergie001: 1:04pm On Jan 08, 2021
Indispensable85:

At the bolded.....you don finish the whole work for there grin grin grin

I still think it is rather IN than OUT.
Re: Obaseki's Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Fixes Jan 9 For Judgement by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jan 08, 2021
Indispensable85:

i heardthe case will starts by 12 pm, its not confirm sha
Re: Obaseki's Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Fixes Jan 9 For Judgement by Indispensable85(m): 2:57pm On Jan 08, 2021
fergie001:

At the bolded.....you don finish the whole work for there grin grin grin

I still think it is rather IN than OUT.

Can you see any influence from the powers that be?
Re: Obaseki's Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Fixes Jan 9 For Judgement by cktheluckyman: 3:06pm On Jan 08, 2021
Indispensable85:

I hope your monikers will not disapear tomorrow
Re: Obaseki's Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Fixes Jan 9 For Judgement by Indispensable85(m): 3:16pm On Jan 08, 2021
cktheluckyman:

I hope your monikers will not disapear tomorrow

Feel free to mention me anytime provided you're not insultive. We'll discuss the judgement tomorrow bro.
Re: Obaseki's Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Fixes Jan 9 For Judgement by fergie001: 3:21pm On Jan 08, 2021
Indispensable85:

Can you see any influence from the powers that be?
If it will be....it definitely will be on Oba's side, tbh.

Obaseki is a closet-Buharist...but the cases are as clear as day, I still maintain that it will be an American-wonder for Oba to lose tomorrow.
Re: Obaseki's Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Fixes Jan 9 For Judgement by Indispensable85(m): 3:26pm On Jan 08, 2021
fergie001:

If it will be....it definitely will be on Oba's side, tbh.

Obaseki is a closet-Buharist...but the cases are as clear as day, I still maintain that it will be an American-wonder for Obaseki to be ruled against tomorrow.

AMERICAN WONDER! Laff wan kill me here.
See you tomorrow bro. Thanks for your insight.
Re: Obaseki's Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Fixes Jan 9 For Judgement by fergie001: 3:27pm On Jan 08, 2021
Indispensable85:

AMERICAN WONDER! Laff wan kill me here.
See you tomorrow bro. Thanks for your insight.
Same here bro grin grin
Re: Obaseki's Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Fixes Jan 9 For Judgement by kahal29: 3:34pm On Jan 08, 2021
Igbosmoker:

Yes... Judgement is by 12
Re: Obaseki's Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Fixes Jan 9 For Judgement by kahal29: 3:36pm On Jan 08, 2021
Igbosmoker:

Yes... Judgement is by 12.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-tzjh0Yp3w

Also learnt that the judge is the younger brother of the CJN
Re: Obaseki's Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Fixes Jan 9 For Judgement by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jan 08, 2021
kahal29:

Yes... Judgement is by 12.

Also learnt that the judge is the younger brother of the CJN
he is also a long time friend of oshiohmole

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bashir Abdullahi: Power, Fuel Price Hike Ill-Timed / Fuel Subsidy: After Seven Years, Buhari Transfers Burden To Successor / Military Liberates Gudumbali In Borno, Loses 2 Soldiers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.