Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,152 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:32 AM

Obaseki's Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Fixes Jan 9 For Judgement - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki's Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Fixes Jan 9 For Judgement (15262 Views)

Forgery: Court Admits Obaseki’s Original Certificates As Evidence / Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Orders Obaseki To Open Defence Tuesday / Forgery: Court Admits Two More Exhibits Against Obaseki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obaseki's Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Fixes Jan 9 For Judgement by majamajic(m): 5:17pm On Jan 07, 2021
Tinubu and Oshomole should rest na

They should forget Edo state, let them go ebonyi

1 Like

Re: Obaseki's Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Fixes Jan 9 For Judgement by Dansuqi: 5:17pm On Jan 07, 2021
solmusdesigns:

I think he is angry that Obaseki took his court's jurisdiction and right to hear the case to Appeal court, he also wants to beat the 180 days clause of the electoral law

The supreme court has even refused to look at his watery appeal
Re: Obaseki's Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Fixes Jan 9 For Judgement by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jan 07, 2021
Dansuqi:

The supreme court has even refused to look at his watery appeal
Saturday is just next tomorrow, less than 48 hours. Wow.

Last year November, I looked at the judgement day like it will take ages but here we are.

What do you think of the case as a whole?? How sure are you?
Re: Obaseki's Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Fixes Jan 9 For Judgement by Jabioro: 5:33pm On Jan 07, 2021
Why Saturday...?
Re: Obaseki's Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Fixes Jan 9 For Judgement by Indispensable85(m): 5:36pm On Jan 07, 2021
I just hope the judge's anger for their delay tactics have died down.
Re: Obaseki's Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Fixes Jan 9 For Judgement by Dansuqi: 5:39pm On Jan 07, 2021
Igbosmoker:
Saturday is just next tomorrow, less than 48 hours. Wow.

Last year November, I looked at the judgement day like it will take ages but here we are.

What do you think of the case as a whole?? How sure are you?

Its 50 50.I dont know why apc did not hammer mainly on his forged affidavit of 2016.
Re: Obaseki's Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Fixes Jan 9 For Judgement by Dansuqi: 5:40pm On Jan 07, 2021
majamajic:
Tinubu and Oshomole should rest na

They should forget Edo state, let them go ebonyi

How does it concern them? Why didn't Dickson rest and leave Lyon?
Re: Obaseki's Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Fixes Jan 9 For Judgement by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jan 07, 2021
Dansuqi:

Its 50 50.I dont know why apc did not hammer mainly on his forged affidavit of 2016.
the court will visit that too.
Re: Obaseki's Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Fixes Jan 9 For Judgement by Indispensable85(m): 5:43pm On Jan 07, 2021
Dansuqi:

Documentary evidence was done on that. Not oral
Re: Obaseki's Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Fixes Jan 9 For Judgement by Emyzoloye5(m): 5:45pm On Jan 07, 2021
FHC will upheld obaseki's nomination
Re: Obaseki's Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Fixes Jan 9 For Judgement by cktheluckyman: 5:47pm On Jan 07, 2021
solmusdesigns:

Goodluck defending glaring descrepancies which even the blind can notice , let's see if Forgery has new Defination

which mumu discrepancies? Did you even follow the case?
Re: Obaseki's Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Fixes Jan 9 For Judgement by cktheluckyman: 5:47pm On Jan 07, 2021
Indispensable85:

grin grin grin grin
Re: Obaseki's Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Fixes Jan 9 For Judgement by cpu2006(m): 5:50pm On Jan 07, 2021
Obaski..... outgoing Edo state Governor grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki's Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Fixes Jan 9 For Judgement by schoolmaster: 6:00pm On Jan 07, 2021
Do Nigerian courts seat during weekends?
Re: Obaseki's Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Fixes Jan 9 For Judgement by banio: 6:38pm On Jan 07, 2021
The school has confirmed severally that Obaseki graduated with a degree in Classics. What's the need for judgement ?.
Instead those that instituted the case should be fined heavily for wasting the courts precious time.
Re: Obaseki's Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Fixes Jan 9 For Judgement by AgainstIslam(f): 6:46pm On Jan 07, 2021
banio:
The school has confirmed severally that Obaseki graduated with a degree in Classics. What's the need for judgement ?.
Instead those that instituted the case should be fined heavily for wasting the courts precious time.

From my layman's point of view, I think the bone of contention is not whether Onaseki graduated from II or not but that there are discrepancies in the results he submitted to INEC and they have a valid point.

But from my observations of court proceedings, I think Obaseki will come out victorious.
Re: Obaseki's Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Fixes Jan 9 For Judgement by Dansuqi: 7:13pm On Jan 07, 2021
Indispensable85:

I hope so
Re: Obaseki's Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Fixes Jan 9 For Judgement by Dansuqi: 7:13pm On Jan 07, 2021
Igbosmoker:
the court will visit that too.

Was any evidence adduced to that effect
Re: Obaseki's Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Fixes Jan 9 For Judgement by fergie001: 7:15pm On Jan 07, 2021
schoolmaster:
Do Nigerian courts seat during weekends?
Yes, if there is a need to.
It is a pre-election matter and has an expiry date which is midnight of Saturday, so there is really no choice for the Judge.

4 Likes

Re: Obaseki's Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Fixes Jan 9 For Judgement by fergie001: 7:16pm On Jan 07, 2021
Dansuqi:

Was any evidence adduced to that effect
Exhibits by PW5
Photocopies of the affidavit and documents he submitted in 2016.
Re: Obaseki's Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Fixes Jan 9 For Judgement by Dansuqi: 7:19pm On Jan 07, 2021
fergie001:

Exhibits by PW5
That may be obaseki's undoing

1 Like

Re: Obaseki's Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Fixes Jan 9 For Judgement by Dansuqi: 7:19pm On Jan 07, 2021
fergie001:

Yes, if there is a need to.
It is a pre-election matter and has an expiry date which is midnight of Saturday, so there is really no choice for the Judge.

I thought its 10 or 13 or 14
Re: Obaseki's Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Fixes Jan 9 For Judgement by thatigboman: 7:22pm On Jan 07, 2021
Dansuqi:

The judge really tried to speed up and give the case accelerated hearing while keeping civil cases in abeyance.I commend him for that and hope that he dishes out justice
by wishing he dishes out justice means u want him to say that Obaseki's result is a fraud after being authenticated by the issuing authority, UI?
That's why they keep chasing u and u keep running away from thread to thread.
Re: Obaseki's Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Fixes Jan 9 For Judgement by Agboriotejoye(m): 7:22pm On Jan 07, 2021
We'll be waiting
Make Dansuqi and other zombies rest
Re: Obaseki's Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Fixes Jan 9 For Judgement by thatigboman: 7:25pm On Jan 07, 2021
solmusdesigns:

I think he is angry that Obaseki took his court's jurisdiction and right to hear the case to Appeal court, he also wants to beat the 180 days clause of the electoral law

u are living together and he told u that? Or just normal wild APC conjectures.
Why should he be angry that due process is being followed? Does he have any personal interest?
Do u even know anything about the law?

1 Like

Re: Obaseki's Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Fixes Jan 9 For Judgement by thatigboman: 7:26pm On Jan 07, 2021
Dansuqi:

Saturday is not faraway my boy
dont run like your bmc mentor sarrki on Saturday
Re: Obaseki's Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Fixes Jan 9 For Judgement by Dansuqi: 7:28pm On Jan 07, 2021
AgainstIslam:

From my layman's point of view, I think the bone of contention is not whether Onaseki graduated from II or not but that there are discrepancies in the results he submitted to INEC and they have a valid point.

But from my observations of court proceedings, I think Obaseki will come out victorious.

You are contradicting yourself .from the bolded,he is gone

1 Like

Re: Obaseki's Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Fixes Jan 9 For Judgement by Agboriotejoye(m): 7:30pm On Jan 07, 2021
fergie001:

Exhibits by PW5
Do you believe too, that a document submitted in 2016 and for which there's no judicial prouncememt of being a fraud can be used in a 2020 case?
Re: Obaseki's Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Fixes Jan 9 For Judgement by fergie001: 7:34pm On Jan 07, 2021
Dansuqi:

That may be obaseki's undoing

182: No person shall be qualified to the Office of a Governor of a State if:
(j)he has presented a forged Certificate to INEC.

I don't think so....the key witness here is DW-2.That is why it is difficult.

I have seen a case where a Gov in Nigeria had a Date of Birth (issued by NPC) different from the age on his NYSC Certificate of Exemption & Voter's Card...The Supreme Court said the Issuing Authority confirms.

Tbvh....I don't see it going the way of the Plaintiffs (considering the past and how this kind of cases have gone).
Re: Obaseki's Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Fixes Jan 9 For Judgement by fergie001: 7:37pm On Jan 07, 2021
Re: Obaseki's Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Fixes Jan 9 For Judgement by muskypaulson(m): 7:37pm On Jan 07, 2021
Jabioro:
Why Saturday...?

The court can sit any day including public holidays if they deem fit

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NIMET: Thunderstorms Expected Across Nigeria Friday To Sunday / FG Grows National Grid Power Capacity To 14,000MW / History Of Fuel Price Increase In Nigeria From 1973 To 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.