Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,175 members, 7,849,631 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:26 AM

Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. (9568 Views)

We Are Not Against Peaceful Pro-biafra Protests In Yoruba Land - OPC / The SE Have Oil For Those Of You In SS That Call Us Thieves / Nigeria’s Richest Oil Blocks Owners Exposed: Names & Detail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. by ektbear: 12:55am On Mar 31, 2011
@sbeezy8: Trying to secede with no army, enemy soldiers already in large #s in your land leads to getting made into this:

While I enjoy eating beef, I'm not too keen on getting me and my people turned into it grin
Re: Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. by sbeezy8: 1:01am On Mar 31, 2011
^^^ lol

The east Knows that, I wonder why they keep asking the same questions?

When did the EAST EVER CARE ABOUT THE WEST HAVING GENERALS OR SOMETYPE OF ARMY BEFORE THE WAR?

THERE WAS NO ZONING OR QUOTA on military positions even for minorities.
Re: Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. by Beaf: 1:04am On Mar 31, 2011
Justcash:

How can a full-fledged Alhaji, that incites hatred against Igbos in some of his threads, claim to be Igbo? Are the gap toothed, power hungry Maradona that tries to dribble his way out all the time? Ok, answer this question if you are Igbo, Ele ebe umunna gi bi na obodo anyi a?

I'm not nearly an Igbo speaker, but I'm sure I can easily guess the meaning of the above. You're basically asking him where his people are from.
Am I wrong? grin
Re: Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. by Justcash(m): 1:06am On Mar 31, 2011
[b]The military men in the West were not supposed to be big enough to stop the West if you guys really wanted to go. If the capital was in the East, those Northern military officers would have been made to leave bare handed. The West simply dint want to go, and  that was what determined the fate of the East. There were military mavericks like OBJ and Adekunle who turned peter pans in the ill armed East. I guess they were scared to fight the North off? The answer is that the West dint want to secede. It is their choice, so no offence. However, my point is that if they had really wanted to secede, Nigeria would have split jeje.

Enough with the civil war stuff. I and majority of my Igbo brothers care less about oil and more about commerce. I'd prefer that we discover purposeful and pro-developmental leadership than oil in Igboland. Without oil and with purposeful leadership, a country that doesn't have oil can control the oil resources of other countries e.g. Singapore refines oil even though they don't have a single natural resource.[/b]
Re: Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. by Justcash(m): 1:07am On Mar 31, 2011
Beaf:

I'm not nearly an Igbo speaker, but I'm sure I can easily guess the meaning of the above. You're basically asking him where his people are from.
Am I wrong? grin

You are right o! And the  Impostor that have visited Mecca thought that I was speaking Chinese.
Re: Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. by sbeezy8: 1:09am On Mar 31, 2011
Justcash:

[b]The military men in the West were not supposed to be big enough to stop the West if you guys really wanted to go. If the capital was in the East, those Northern military officers would have been made to leave bare handed. The West simply dint want to go, and I that is what determined the fate of Igbos. There were military mavericks like OBJ and Adekunle who turned perter pans in the ill armed East. I guess they were scared to fight the North off? The answer is that the West dint want to secede. It is their choice, so no offence. However, my point is that if they had really wanted to secede, Nigeria would have split jeje.

Enough with the civil war stuff. I and majority of my Igbo brothers care less about oil and more about commerce. I'd prefer that we discover purposeful and pro-developmental leadership than oil in Igboland. Without oil and with purposeful leadership, a country that doesn't have oil can control the oil resources of other countries e.g. Singapore refines oil even though they don't have a single natural resource.[/b]

^^^ thank you NEXT- thread is about Oil blocks in the SW not about any war that most of us forgot

@ post Oil is OK but def isnt anything compared to telecoms banking agric etc
Re: Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. by jason123: 1:12am On Mar 31, 2011
Justcash:

[b]The military men in the West were not supposed to be big enough to stop the West if you guys really wanted to go. If the capital was in the East, those Northern military officers would have been made to leave bare handed. The West simply dint want to go, and  that was what determined the fate of the East. There were military mavericks like OBJ and Adekunle who turned peter pans in the ill armed East. I guess they were scared to fight the North off? The answer is that the West dint want to secede. It is their choice, so no offence. However, my point is that if they had really wanted to secede, Nigeria would have split jeje.

Fair comment!

Beaf:

Am I wrong? grin

Where did you learn to speak Igbo
Re: Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. by AljUche: 1:14am On Mar 31, 2011
Beaf:

Am I wrong? grin

sharrap dia u the efulefu
Justcash:

You are right o! And the  Impostor that have visited Mecca thought that I was speaking Chinese.

so i must answer u to prove i am igbo

makes no sense

infact i can nt speak a single word in igbo but i am igbo,

accept it or go jump for lagoon
Re: Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. by Justcash(m): 1:22am On Mar 31, 2011
Alj Uche:

sharrap dia u the efulefu

Height of hypocrisy. An efulefu calling someone else an efulefu.  Beaf is more Igbo than you. He proved it. I won't be surprised if you were calling yourself an efulefu.  Before you become proud of being called an Efulefu, I must tell you that you aint even an Efulefu because you aint Igbo. You are an impostor.

Alj Uche:

so i must answer u to prove i am igbo

makes no sense

infact i can nt speak a single word in igbo but i am igbo,

accept it or go jump for lagoon

Yes, if you were Igbo as you claim, you should have been able to guess what I meant. Umunna gi and Obodo sounded strange to you? Difficult to find an Igbo man whose parents or Parent did not speak Igbo to atall. You aint Igbo, so stop claiming to be one.
Re: Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. by ektbear: 1:25am On Mar 31, 2011
Justcash:

[b]The military men in the West were not supposed to be big enough to stop the West if you guys really wanted to go. If the capital was in the East, those Northern military officers would have been made to leave bare handed.

Northern military officers 

Wtf do they have to do with anything? I'm talking about large #s of rank-and-file soldiers, and you are talking about military officers?  undecided

Anyway, we can leave the war stuff be if you like. . . but it seems a bit silly to expect another group of people to be slaughtered wholesale to aid your whim. Your boy Ojukwu should have tried delaying his war efforts, built a proper army rather than hoping that we'd catch a bullet for you.

2 years would have been enough time to build an army that wouldn't lose one third of its territory within the first two months of fighting, for example. . .
Re: Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. by ektbear: 1:30am On Mar 31, 2011
Justcash:

Well said. I don't think you can build a society on oil alone. But it certainly helps if you have it AND good leadership, planning, investment, etc
Re: Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. by Nobody: 1:37am On Mar 31, 2011
Re: Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. by Onlytruth(m): 2:37am On Mar 31, 2011
Alj Harem "uche" is an undercover aboki who likes claiming Igbo. His mission is to maintain permanent division is eastern Nigeria, and also to incite other groups in Nigeria against Ndigbo. A real enemy. cry
That is why he fears and hates Onlytruth most. cool
Re: Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. by AljUche: 2:43am On Mar 31, 2011
Onlytruth:

[]Alj Harem "uche"[/b] is an undercover aboki who likes claiming Igbo. His mission is to maintain permanent division is eastern Nigeria, and also to incite other [/b]groups in Nigeria against Ndigbo. A real enemy. cry
That is why he fears and hates [b]Onlytruth
most. cool

brother hw u dey na angry

i am not claiming

I AM HALF IGBO
Re: Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. by Onlytruth(m): 2:59am On Mar 31, 2011
^^

You are half aboki HALF COW.  cool
Re: Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. by ektbear: 3:02am On Mar 31, 2011
:]
Re: Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. by AljUche: 3:03am On Mar 31, 2011
Onlytruth:

^^

You are half aboki HALF COW.  cool
SHAKES MY HEAD AT THE POSTER ABOVE ME

onlytruth, i belive u are a good person but the way u HATE nigeria and its people is scary

your views are bad

change now brother
Re: Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. by vicenzo(m): 3:05am On Mar 31, 2011
Okay now that the west has bought that story,all we need is sell a better one to the north,especially that lake chad oil story,then we can divide this country.
Re: Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. by AljUche: 3:06am On Mar 31, 2011
vicenzo:

Okay now that the west has bought that story,all we need is sell a better one to the north,especially that lake chad oil story,then we can divide this country.
grin grin grin grin grin grin

why do u want to divide this country

why

i really want to know
Re: Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. by ektbear: 3:17am On Mar 31, 2011
@OP: I don't think the Bitumen in Yorubaland and Edo State is the type you can profitably convert to oil (unlike that in Canada.) So you shouldn't really view it as 40 billion barrels of oil. It is worth a lot less.

However, still a nice asset to have.
Re: Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. by Nobody: 3:28am On Mar 31, 2011
ekt_bear:

@sbeezy8: Trying to secede with no army, enemy soldiers already in large #s in your land leads to getting made into this:

While I enjoy eating beef, I'm not too keen on getting me and my people turned into it grin

Ahh o ma seun o! Lol I'm too precious to be turned into beef meat (ask my mama) sad
Re: Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. by vicenzo(m): 3:30am On Mar 31, 2011
Lagos port will not yield much revenue to a yoruba nation,it is important today because of nigeria's policy to economically strangulate the east after the civil war,easterners control the buisness and trading activities of Nigeria,with the fall of nigeria the east will resucitate calabar and port harcour ports, leaving lagos port lifeless.
Re: Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. by ektbear: 3:38am On Mar 31, 2011
Actually, looks like I'm wrong about the bitumen:

http://www.mmsd.gov.ng/Downloads/Tarsand%20&%20Bitumen.pdf

Actually seems comparable to Canada's tar sands: http://i55.tinypic.com/2hibipe.png

Though this might be excessive optimism by the Nigerian govt.

According to Wikipedia, Canada pays $28 per barrel to extract. $4 bucks for North African oil: http://goldnews.bullionvault.com/oil_gold_100_barrel_inflation_110920072

So a lot less profitable. Still, a good resource to have.

Very damaging on the environment though.
Re: Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. by ektbear: 3:42am On Mar 31, 2011
vicenzo:

Lagos port will not yield much revenue to a yoruba nation,it is important today because of nigeria's policy to economically strangulate the east after the civil war,easterners control the buisness and trading activities of Nigeria,with the fall of nigeria the east will resucitate calabar and port harcour ports, leaving lagos port lifeless.
1) This is a case of the tail thinking it is wagging the dog. Leave and others will take your place. No big deal, really.
2) Hausa man will need to eat too. And export, if he one day starts producing stuff. Same for the middle belt. And I have every intention for us to be an exporting, manufacturing nation. . . to the point where we are required to build an additional port in Ondo to rival that of Lagos.
3) Furthermore, I'd suggest that you study the shoreline of Nigeria a bit, investigate how much it will cost to dredge the Niger river enough to compete economically with a deep seaport like Lagos. If it were me, I'd choose to build around a seaport, rather than two cities by inland rivers.
Re: Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. by ektbear: 3:52am On Mar 31, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Ahh o ma seun o! Lol I'm too precious to be turned into beef meat (ask my mama) sad
grin grin grin
Re: Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. by Nobody: 3:53am On Mar 31, 2011
ekt_bear:

1) This is a case of the tail thinking it is wagging the dog. Leave and others will take your place. No big deal, really.
2) Hausa man will need to eat too. And export, if he one day starts producing stuff. Same for the middle belt. And I have every intention for us to be an exporting, manufacturing nation. . . to the point where we are required to build an additional port in Ondo to rival that of Lagos.
3) Furthermore, I'd suggest that you study the shoreline of Nigeria a bit, investigate how much it will cost to dredge the Niger river enough to compete economically with a deep seaport like Lagos. If it were me, I'd choose to build around a seaport, rather than two cities by inland rivers.
damn it, that is some bad thinking and fact
Re: Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. by vicenzo(m): 3:55am On Mar 31, 2011
Common sense,Nigeria experiment has been tried for 50years and yet its not yielding positive result,isn't it obvious that we are not and have never been one,we were joined without each others consent,isn't that a recipe for failure,how can two work accept they agree,how about dividing the country,let each group sort out its problems and may be one day we can form a union based on consent.
Alj Uche:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

why do u want to divide this country

why

i really want to know
Re: Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. by EzeUche(m): 3:56am On Mar 31, 2011
Lagos is a over-glorified slum. People hype that city too much.

Lagos. . . Lagos. . . Lagos. . . Blah blah blah

Anybody who likes Lagos should get their head examined.

Give me Enugu or Calabar over Lagos any day.
Re: Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. by Nobody: 3:58am On Mar 31, 2011
Re: Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. by vicenzo(m): 4:09am On Mar 31, 2011
You mistake intention,you are not familiar with business and trading activities in nigeria,no one out compete's ndiigbo in that aspect,an aboki nation will likely use ph and calabar port than lagos port,we have no plans to relinguish lagos market,only that we  will be using more of eastern ports and less of lagos port.
ekt_bear:

Re: Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. by ektbear: 4:13am On Mar 31, 2011
^-- If you say so. I've studied this ports issue a bit. You evidently have not.

Anyway, we can agree to disagree. . . no wahala
Re: Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. by ektbear: 4:16am On Mar 31, 2011
EzeUche:

Lagos is a over-glorified slum. People hype that city too much.

Lagos. . . Lagos. . . Lagos. . . Blah blah blah

Anybody who likes Lagos should get their head examined.

Give me Enugu or Calabar over Lagos any day.

A fair point. But other great cities too were considered slums in the 80s (NYC, DC), but have since been gentrified and redeemed. 12 more years of Fashola caliber leadership should bring about the same in Lagos.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Heavy Shooting Scares Voters Away In Ebonyi / Anambra, Imo Enugu Now Lead In Doctorate Degree Holders In Nigeria - NUC / PDP Leadership Tussle; Sheriff, Markarfi Refuse To Shift Ground.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.