Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

Your Invitation For The Final Stage Of The Interview Has Been Put On Hold - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Your Invitation For The Final Stage Of The Interview Has Been Put On Hold (3301 Views)

Ogun State Subeb 2nd Stage Of Registration / Invitation For Job Interview / Urgent Tips On How To Answer The Interview "What Are You Bringing To The Table (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Invitation For The Final Stage Of The Interview Has Been Put On Hold by Richardlove(m): 3:47am On Jan 09, 2021
The headline of this write-up was the base-line of a text messge I got yesterday from an HR. A very strong thing happened to me yesterday and I felt like sharing it with fellow Nairalanders to see where I stand in this and if it were you what you'd do. So, I applied for this online job late November last year [2020] and few days after I was called for interview which I honoured. After the interview I was told they'll get back to me. I didn't hear from them till around 5:00 p.m. January 7th, 2021. It was a phone call, the HR reminded me of the interview and said I was successful but that I would have to come over for the final stage of the interview on the 8th. I showed my appreciation and said that I would honour the invitation.
After the phone call, I was happy and immediately started preparation for the invite. I did most of those activities outside my room while my phone was inside till around 7:00 p.m. When I was through, I started my freelancing job online using my PC and didn't use my phone throughout the night. When it was 5 a.m. on the 8th, I pressed my clothes, bath and was getting ready for the interview then I check my phone for time, I saw a message icon and opened it, it has the following message; Hello, Mr ****, this is **** from ****. Kindly note that your invitation for the final stage of the interview has been put on hold. Thank you. My gash. My mind ran 360 degree instantly, non-stop. I called the HR, the phone rang but didn't pick. I felt since the relationship was a former one, one phone call was okay and I texted but no reply too. The interval between the HR call to inform me of the interview and the time of the cancellation messge sent was an hour and a half. Now, is this HR or organisation fair at all? What should I do next and if it were you, what would you do? I should have hold it to myself alone but the harder I try to kick it behind the stronger the pain and frustration it brings. So, I felt I should share it with expert minds here on Nairaland. This is note a joke so I'll appreciate meaningfull concerns, suggestions, and if it has happened to you before or if it's normal. I didn't mention the name of the organisation and the HR for official reasons. Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Invitation For The Final Stage Of The Interview Has Been Put On Hold by Kestolove(m): 3:59am On Jan 09, 2021
It wasn't cancelled it was put on hold so remain on hold for now till dem call u

3 Likes

Re: Your Invitation For The Final Stage Of The Interview Has Been Put On Hold by Richardlove(m): 4:34am On Jan 09, 2021
My usage of cancellation does not mean what you're taking it for. But, at least the invite was stop yesterday. Or isn't it? So, that was what I meant.
Kestolove:
It wasn't cancelled it was put on hold so remain on hold for now till dem call u
Re: Your Invitation For The Final Stage Of The Interview Has Been Put On Hold by rtdCivilservant: 5:15am On Jan 09, 2021
First, before I advise you on what to do, can u answer these questions? What is the company into(not asking for name)? Secondly why u no pray and thank God after the call? Now ur village people don go work overtime for ur matter. Again, may be them just employ the HR new, so he use u do testing to see how e de be to call a job seeker for phone to tell am say him pass interview.
Re: Your Invitation For The Final Stage Of The Interview Has Been Put On Hold by nitoriolohun(m): 6:40am On Jan 09, 2021
Don't let your mind freak you over it. There are many reasons for putting a call for interview on hold but I will highlight one critical point .

It happens more in an organisation that is solely own and the CEO most times is always interested in knowing who is coming new into the company hence always available at the final stage of the interview to make personal observations and approval.

The truth of the matter is that the interview is not going to hold again the day initially scheduled for it and a later date will be arranged.

I use anything that you believe in to wave the notion that village people is on your matter grin.

As I'm commanded to do receive uncommon favour to get the job in Jesus name (Amen). Shalom !!!

Modify : The CEO might have other important engagement for the date stated earlier reason for the cancellation .

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Invitation For The Final Stage Of The Interview Has Been Put On Hold by uzomanny(m): 7:27am On Jan 09, 2021
Move on bro, if they get back to you later, fine!
Re: Your Invitation For The Final Stage Of The Interview Has Been Put On Hold by Nobody: 7:51am On Jan 09, 2021
There's possibility that the top management official you're to see has a more important engagement. I am sure they'd get back

1 Like

Re: Your Invitation For The Final Stage Of The Interview Has Been Put On Hold by femi4: 9:04am On Jan 09, 2021
Richardlove:
The headline of this write-up was the base-line of a text messge I got yesterday from an HR. A very strong thing happened to me yesterday and I felt like sharing it with fellow Nairalanders to see where I stand in this and if it were you what you'd do. So, I applied for this online job late November last year [2020] and few days after I was called for interview which I honoured. After the interview I was told they'll get back to me. I didn't hear from them till around 5:00 p.m. January 7th, 2021. It was a phone call, the HR reminded me of the interview and said I was successful but that I would have to come over for the final stage of the interview on the 8th. I showed my appreciation and said that I would honour the invitation.
After the phone call, I was happy and immediately started preparation for the invite. I did most of those activities outside my room while my phone was inside till around 7:00 p.m. When I was through, I started my freelancing job online using my PC and didn't use my phone throughout the night. When it was 5 a.m. on the 8th, I pressed my clothes, bath and was getting ready for the interview then I check my phone for time, I saw a message icon and opened it, it has the following message; Hello, Mr ****, this is **** from ****. Kindly note that your invitation for the final stage of the interview has been put on hold. Thank you. My gash. My mind ran 360 degree instantly, non-stop. I called the HR, the phone rang but didn't pick. I felt since the relationship was a former one, one phone call was okay and I texted but no reply too. The interval between the HR call to inform me of the interview and the time of the cancellation messge sent was an hour and a half. Now, is this HR or organisation fair at all? What should I do next and if it were you, what would you do? I should have hold it to myself alone but the harder I try to kick it behind the stronger the pain and frustration it brings. So, I felt I should share it with expert minds here on Nairaland. This is note a joke so I'll appreciate meaningfull concerns, suggestions, and if it has happened to you before or if it's normal. I didn't mention the name of the organisation and the HR for official reasons. Thanks.

Why not make a physical appearance to get more details whether you ll be reschedule or its been cancelled permanently

1 Like

Re: Your Invitation For The Final Stage Of The Interview Has Been Put On Hold by GodWrites: 9:08am On Jan 09, 2021
Hold doesn't mean cancellation. I have kept numerous interviews on hold for many reasons.

Calling and texting him was a bad call. I don't know how I'll handle that, but I hope he handles it well for your sake.

That alone could be the reason you might lose the job, it shows desperation and most employers hate desperate fellows.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Invitation For The Final Stage Of The Interview Has Been Put On Hold by ebuka10box(m): 9:38am On Jan 09, 2021
just be prayerful bro,I wish u the best.
death couldn't hold Jesus captive so grab this job with faith and await a testimony. peace
Re: Your Invitation For The Final Stage Of The Interview Has Been Put On Hold by maiquel: 10:01am On Jan 09, 2021
A new lockdown is imminent and companies are brazing themselve for whatever could happen, nothing is certain for now... just hope for the best but expect the worse.
Pray and believe.
Re: Your Invitation For The Final Stage Of The Interview Has Been Put On Hold by Orire001: 10:09am On Jan 09, 2021
Don't give up yet!

On hold might mean the Top Management executive that should be there may have another important engagement for that same day. They will surely get back to you.

By the way, I still sell affordable laptops with free delivery and pay on delivery.

Details on my signature.

1 Like

Re: Your Invitation For The Final Stage Of The Interview Has Been Put On Hold by adesoro80595: 10:12am On Jan 09, 2021
There's possibility that the top management official you're to see has a more important engagement. I am sure they'd get back

1 Like

Re: Your Invitation For The Final Stage Of The Interview Has Been Put On Hold by dhope: 12:35pm On Jan 09, 2021
Most of advice given above are relevant to your case but I must be sincere with you that if uve had this experience before or something like this (disappointment)used to happen to you, you need to be serious about ur spiritual life. There's a wicked spirit that causes failure at the edge of breakthrough but there's a God in heaven that deliver it's victim. I have had this experience and God has delivered me but it was after my understanding became open because I used to talk like those novices before saying it is superstition. My regret is that the thing really wasted my time and I wish I can regain those opportunities I lost.
Re: Your Invitation For The Final Stage Of The Interview Has Been Put On Hold by Richardlove(m): 4:20pm On Jan 09, 2021
rtdCivilservant:
First, before I advise you on what to do, can u answer these questions? What is the company into(not asking for name)? Secondly why u no pray and thank God after the call? Now ur village people don go work overtime for ur matter. Again, may be them just employ the HR new, so he use u do testing to see how e de be to call a job seeker for phone to tell am say him pass interview.
Sorry for the late reply. But, your response is as miserable like you in reality. Go get your life refurbish.
Re: Your Invitation For The Final Stage Of The Interview Has Been Put On Hold by Richardlove(m): 4:22pm On Jan 09, 2021
Thanks.
nitoriolohun:
Don't let your mind freak you over it. There are many reasons for putting a call for interview on hold but I will highlight one critical point .

It happens more in an organisation that is solely own and the CEO most times is always interested in knowing who is coming new into the company hence always available at the final stage of the interview to make personal observations and approval.

The truth of the matter is that the interview is not going to hold again the day initially scheduled for it and a later date will be arranged.

I use anything that you believe in to wave the notion that village people is on your matter grin.

As I'm commanded to do receive uncommon favour to get the job in Jesus name (Amen). Shalom !!!

Modify : The CEO might have other important engagement for the date stated earlier reason for the cancellation .
Re: Your Invitation For The Final Stage Of The Interview Has Been Put On Hold by Richardlove(m): 4:24pm On Jan 09, 2021
femi4:
Why not make a physical appearance to get more details whether you ll be reschedule or its been cancelled permanently
Well, I didn't do that.
Re: Your Invitation For The Final Stage Of The Interview Has Been Put On Hold by Richardlove(m): 4:26pm On Jan 09, 2021
GodWrites:
Hold doesn't mean cancellation. I have kept numerous interviews on hold for many reasons.

Calling and texting him was a bad call. I don't know how I'll handle that, but I hope he handles it well for your sake.

That alone could be the reason you might lose the job, it shows desperation and most employers hate desperate fellows.
I bet you'll do worse if in the same boat. So, you're one of those unconsiderate employers? Your day is coming soon. Very soon.
Re: Your Invitation For The Final Stage Of The Interview Has Been Put On Hold by Richardlove(m): 4:28pm On Jan 09, 2021
Man of faith. Well, thanks. Lol.
ebuka10box:
just be prayerful bro,I wish u the best.
death couldn't hold Jesus captive so grab this job with faith and await a testimony. peace
Re: Your Invitation For The Final Stage Of The Interview Has Been Put On Hold by Richardlove(m): 4:33pm On Jan 09, 2021
dhope:
Most of advice given above are relevant to your case but I must be sincere with you that if uve had this experience before or something like this (disappointment)used to happen to you, you need to be serious about ur spiritual life. There's a wicked spirit that causes failure at the edge of breakthrough but there's a God in heaven that deliver it's victim. I have had this experience and God has delivered me but it was after my understanding became open because I used to talk like those novices before saying it is superstition. My regret is that the thing really wasted my time and I wish I can regain those opportunities I lost.
, I feel your faith. My data almost dissappoint me while I was about to reply to your response. God pass that spirit of dissappointment. Amen.
Re: Your Invitation For The Final Stage Of The Interview Has Been Put On Hold by GodWrites: 4:41pm On Jan 09, 2021
Richardlove:
I beat you'll do worse if in the same boat. So, you're one of those unconsiderate employers? Your day is coming soon.

It's not being inconsiderate. If you have worked in Human Resources, you'll understand that Human Behavior is the focus.

Desperate fellows are like loopholes in a company, cause they can be used by anyone, body or organisation provided money is involved.

Employment is not always come and work, we need employees who can't be bought, and someone who's broke and desperately in need of a job is a bad call for us.

Cause they can easily be swayed by money and greed as they climb the corporate ladder.

Which in almost all cases, bring the company down. Imagine when an employee share vital company information to a competitor for pennis.

In recruitment, we don't implore emotions. We don't care if you're suffering, dying, or depressed.

If you're depressed we do recommend some agencies that can help you. But overall, we don't employ if we find you unfit, no matter your conditions.

That's why it's a business and not a charity or poverty alleviation program.

I hope you understand better now.
Re: Your Invitation For The Final Stage Of The Interview Has Been Put On Hold by Richardlove(m): 5:00pm On Jan 09, 2021
HR Godwrites, from your write-up I see an HR that really needs a well pay job. Please get one. For your infomation, I'm not desperate but being official. I called only once and texted once. Even if I'm not an HR, I know this is not desperation.
GodWrites:

It's not being inconsiderate. If you have worked in Human Resources, you'll understand that Human Behavior is the focus.

Desperate fellows are like loopholes in a company, cause they can be used by anyone, body or organisation provided money is involved.

Employment is not always come and work, we need employees who can't be bought, and someone who's broke and desperately in need of a job is a bad call for us.

Cause they can easily be swayed by money and greed as they climb the corporate ladder.

Which in almost all cases, bring the company down. Imagine when an employee share vital company information to a competitor for pennis.

In recruitment, we don't implore emotions. We don't care if you're suffering, dying, or depressed.

If you're depressed we do recommend some agencies that can help you. But overall, we don't employ if we find you unfit, no matter your conditions.

That's why it's a business and not a charity or poverty alleviation program.

I hope you understand better now.
Re: Your Invitation For The Final Stage Of The Interview Has Been Put On Hold by GodWrites: 5:06pm On Jan 09, 2021
Richardlove:
HR Godwrites, from your write-up I see an HR that really needs a well pay job. Please get one. For your infomation, I'm not desperate but being official. I called only once and texted once. Even if I'm not an HR, I know this is not desperation.

If only you can read and comprehend!
Re: Your Invitation For The Final Stage Of The Interview Has Been Put On Hold by Richardlove(m): 5:57pm On Jan 09, 2021
Get a good job, Mr. HR.
GodWrites:

If only you can read and comprehend!
Re: Your Invitation For The Final Stage Of The Interview Has Been Put On Hold by GodWrites: 6:03pm On Jan 09, 2021
Richardlove:
Get a good job, Mr. HR.

Lol.. You're the one looking for job cheesy

The amount I've made, my 10th generation can't finish it.

I wish you the best!
Re: Your Invitation For The Final Stage Of The Interview Has Been Put On Hold by Richardlove(m): 6:35pm On Jan 09, 2021
Really? Did I hear 10th generation? Lie from the pit of hell. Satanic liar. I know your type. You claime to have street of gold whereas in the real you're just a ghetto child. I fit throw flap for you through this system now for lying about your worth. Well, let me educate you. I'm a freelancer. So, I'm not a complete jobless being. As I'm replying you on the system now my account is getting credited. I only visit Nl after each task. Change that your mindset about employees. Some of them just need additional means of income. Only few need those jobs desperately.
GodWrites:

I wish you the best!
Re: Your Invitation For The Final Stage Of The Interview Has Been Put On Hold by rtdCivilservant: 7:11pm On Jan 09, 2021
Richardlove:
Sorry for the late reply. But, your response is as miserable like you in reality. Go get your life refurbish.
U said sorry to me and insulted me at the same time? Na wa for u o, I give u my own advice and opinion u come de vex.
Re: Your Invitation For The Final Stage Of The Interview Has Been Put On Hold by GodWrites: 8:48pm On Jan 09, 2021
Richardlove:
Really? Did I hear 10th generation? Lie from the pit of hell. Satanic liar. I know your type. You claime to have street of gold whereas in the real you're just a ghetto child. I fit throw flap for you through this system now for lying about your worth. Well, let me educate you. I'm a freelancer. So, I'm not a complete jobless being. As I'm replying you on the system now my account is getting credited. I only visit Nl after each task. Change that your mindset about employees. Some of them just need additional means of income. Only few need those jobs desperately.

Lol
Re: Your Invitation For The Final Stage Of The Interview Has Been Put On Hold by lilmax(m): 8:51pm On Jan 09, 2021
GodWrites:

I wish you the best!
your 10th generation cannot finish it

Should I tag you on post of nairalanders that need help?

Normal Nigeria bragging grin

Nothing new
Re: Your Invitation For The Final Stage Of The Interview Has Been Put On Hold by GodWrites: 9:03pm On Jan 09, 2021
lilmax:
your 10th generation cannot finish it

Should I tag you on post of nairalanders that need help?

Normal Nigeria bragging grin

Nothing new

Tag Dangote instead. Do I look like the cause of your problems?
Re: Your Invitation For The Final Stage Of The Interview Has Been Put On Hold by lilmax(m): 9:08pm On Jan 09, 2021
GodWrites:

Tag Dangote instead. Do I look like the cause of your problems?

Like I said.... this your bragging is called Nigeria bragging, e no dey hold water

Small shaking e say make I tag dangote grin

What a puci cheesy

You no get chi chi for account, dey your lane bro

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bat / Pan Ocean Gave Me An Offer: What Do You Know About Them? / Vacancies In An Hotel On Victoria Island

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.