Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,099 members, 7,821,799 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

Biden: US Is North Korea’s ‘biggest Enemy’, Says Kim Jong Un - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Biden: US Is North Korea’s ‘biggest Enemy’, Says Kim Jong Un (464 Views)

Biography & Profile Of Joe Biden, US President-Elect / Illegal Photos Of North Korea That Kim Jong Un Doesn’t Want You To See / Donald Trump 'Sentenced To Death' By North Korea For Insulting Kim Jong Un (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biden: US Is North Korea’s ‘biggest Enemy’, Says Kim Jong Un by Israel5(m): 10:11am On Jan 09, 2021
North Korean leader Kim Jong Un said the United States is his nuclear-armed nation’s “biggest enemy”, state media reported Saturday.

The declaration comes less than two weeks before the inauguration of Joe Biden as US president, and after a tumultuous relationship between Kim and the outgoing Donald Trump.

Kim and Trump first engaged in a war of words and mutual threats, before an extraordinary diplomatic bromance that featured headline-grabbing summits and declarations of love by the US president.

But no substantive progress was made, with the process deadlocked after a meeting in Hanoi broke up over sanctions relief and what the North would be willing to give up in return.

Pyongyang “should focus and be developed on subverting the US, the biggest obstacle for our revolution and our biggest enemy”, Kim told the five-yearly congress of the ruling Workers’ Party of Korea, the official KCNA news agency reported.

“No matter who is in power, the true nature of its policy against North Korea will never change,” it quoted him as saying, without mentioning Biden by name.

Pyongyang has poured vast amounts of resources into developing its nuclear weapons and ballistic missiles, which it says it needs to defend itself against a possible US invasion.

The programmes have made rapid progress under Kim, including by far its most powerful nuclear blast to date and missiles capable of reaching the whole US, at a cost of increasingly stringent international sanctions.

The North has completed plans for a nuclear-powered submarine, Kim said — something that would change the strategic balance.

“New planning research for a nuclear-powered submarine has been completed and is to enter the final examination process,” Kim told the congress.

The country should “further advance nuclear technology” and develop small-sized, lightweight nuclear warheads “to be applied differently depending on target subjects”, he added.

The comments came in Kim’s nine-hour work report to the meeting, spread over three days, which KCNA was reporting in detail for the first time.

https://www.channelstv.com/2021/01/09/us-is-north-koreas-biggest-enemy-says-kim-jong-un/
Re: Biden: US Is North Korea’s ‘biggest Enemy’, Says Kim Jong Un by yinkus6750(m): 10:18am On Jan 09, 2021
Trumps regime was a total disaster in terms of his relationship towards the international community.
Let's thank God he didn't spearhead Third World War.
I hope Biden and the Democrats will truly make America Great Again.
Re: Biden: US Is North Korea’s ‘biggest Enemy’, Says Kim Jong Un by Fahdiga(m): 10:19am On Jan 09, 2021
Let's see what Biden has to offer. I think he should focus more on this present Junta we have in Nigeria. they have been killing and hounding the masses especially Christians
Re: Biden: US Is North Korea’s ‘biggest Enemy’, Says Kim Jong Un by dawnomike(m): 10:35am On Jan 09, 2021
I wonder where North Korea and Iran get funds to embark on nuclear war programs in spite of the economic sanctions...
Re: Biden: US Is North Korea’s ‘biggest Enemy’, Says Kim Jong Un by Nobody: 10:44am On Jan 09, 2021
yinkus6750:
Trumps regime was a total disaster in terms of his relationship towards the international community.
He was a disaster because he decided to keep American money inside America and stop unnecessary interference in matters that didn't concern them? The moment pikin begin look out for his own and for himself, people go say he don dey stubborn and disrespectful.

Well Biden will be president in a few days to make America "greatest" again.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biden: US Is North Korea’s ‘biggest Enemy’, Says Kim Jong Un by owobokiri(m): 10:46am On Jan 09, 2021
yinkus6750:

Trump finished ISIS! He remarkably reduced the wars in Afghanistan and iraq and Libya. Wars stoked by Obama and Joe Biden. Alshabab and alqaeda sort of went under during his administration. He wasn't all over Africa supporting despots like Obama did with the British and the French.. The so-called diplomatic disasters you talked about were majorly between the US and her rich allies in the West and Asia. I don't see how such confrontations worked against the growth of Africa.. Infact, I believe that these disagreements might have been more beneficial to less powerful countries who used to find it very hard to deal with all these powerful unions created by these wealthy nations to maximize their control and domination of world politics and trade.

1 Like

Re: Biden: US Is North Korea’s ‘biggest Enemy’, Says Kim Jong Un by sammysmiles(m): 10:59am On Jan 09, 2021
See this one, dat poverty and oppression is thriving in his country and he is busy building nuclear weapons now coming out to call US an enemy.... Enemy of what exactly
Re: Biden: US Is North Korea’s ‘biggest Enemy’, Says Kim Jong Un by Nobody: 11:10am On Jan 09, 2021
All this nairaland political analyst, make una mind una business.
Nothing concerns you and America.
Them no send una, so don't send them.
Re: Biden: US Is North Korea’s ‘biggest Enemy’, Says Kim Jong Un by Harrykn: 11:20am On Jan 09, 2021
grin Meadow
Re: Biden: US Is North Korea’s ‘biggest Enemy’, Says Kim Jong Un by privaldo: 11:33am On Jan 09, 2021
yinkus6750:

While Trump failed at a lot of things, he did succeed in bringing peace and dousing tensions in the Middle East, that I can praise him for.
Re: Biden: US Is North Korea’s ‘biggest Enemy’, Says Kim Jong Un by HonKong: 11:45am On Jan 09, 2021
Abeg rocket man, fire sleepy Joe's ass for me for rigging election.
Re: Biden: US Is North Korea’s ‘biggest Enemy’, Says Kim Jong Un by internationalman(m): 11:58am On Jan 09, 2021
yinkus6750:

America greatness was and has never been reduced.
Re: Biden: US Is North Korea’s ‘biggest Enemy’, Says Kim Jong Un by jachike77342: 1:23pm On Jan 09, 2021
See this one, dat poverty and oppression is thriving in his country and he is busy building nuclear weapons now coming out to call US an enemy.... Enemy of what exactly
Re: Biden: US Is North Korea’s ‘biggest Enemy’, Says Kim Jong Un by thundafire: 1:25pm On Jan 09, 2021
Country were focus to build nuclear weapons than salvaging the economy that is dead.
Re: Biden: US Is North Korea’s ‘biggest Enemy’, Says Kim Jong Un by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jan 09, 2021
yinkus6750:

You must have crawled out of a rock.
Re: Biden: US Is North Korea’s ‘biggest Enemy’, Says Kim Jong Un by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jan 09, 2021
sammysmiles:

Kim na mad man...
He dey find who to flex muscle with.
Na for Biden to just ignore the man.
Na itchy fingers him get and will act before thinking if provoked.
Las las may Biden not be the one to bring the averted war

1 Like

Re: Biden: US Is North Korea’s ‘biggest Enemy’, Says Kim Jong Un by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jan 09, 2021
dawnomike:
I wonder where North Korea and Iran get funds to embark on nuclear war programs in spite of the economic sanctions...

Nigeria still never fit produce toothpick.
With all d oil, we still dey borrow.
Next president of Nigeria go hear am.
These countries u mentioned r far advanced than us o.

While one deluded Lai Mohammed go dey threaten sanctions ontop countries wey fit bury Naija in seconds.
grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Japan Appoints “minister Of Loneliness” Following Increase In Suicide Rates / Driver ‘rams Israeli Checkpoint’ As Deadly Violence Engulfs The West Bank( Pics) / Chinese President Xi Jinping Tells Putin To Dialogue With Ukraine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.