Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,969 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (128) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1646887 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jukwasi: 9:36am On Apr 19, 2021
UZAD:
Good day Bro,

Please help me with schools still accepting application for Phd programs with no Wes equivalence requirement.

Good morning. Please I only know of Texas Tech University and Louisiana state University for now. But you can check this schools below. They are still admitting but I am not sure if all use wes evaluation for transcript.
Just check.

US Universities with Deadlines in May -
City University of New York, City College – 1 May
Clarkson University – 1 May
Illinois State University, Normal – 1 May
Mississippi State University – 1 May
Northern Illinois University, Dekalb – 1 May
Oakland University, Rochester – 1 May
University of Idaho, Moscow – 1 May
University of Memphis– 1 May
University of Michigan, Dearborn – 1 May
University of Nevada, Las Vegas – 1 May
University of New Mexico, Albuquerque – 1 May
Wayne State University – 1 May
Western Illinois University – 1 May
University of North Dakota, Grand Forks – 1 May (General)
University of Texas, Dallas – 1 May (General)
Boise State University – 15 May
Southern Methodist University – 15 May
University of Louisiana, Lafayette – 15 May
University of Colorado, Denver – 15 May (Final)
Louisiana State University, Baton Rogue – 15 May (Final)
University of North Dakota, Grand Forks – 15 May (Computer Science)
Montana State University, Bozeman – 15 May (Most of Engineering Departments)
Wright State University, Dayton – 15 May (Early)
Lawrence Technological University – 22 May

US Universities with Deadlines in June -
Louisiana Tech University, Ruston – 1 June
Monmouth University – 1 June
California State University, Fresno – 1 June
Kent State University – 1 June
New York Institute of Technology – 1 June
Syracuse University – 1 June
Texas A & M University, Kingsville – 1 June
Texas State University – 1 June (Final)
University of Arkansas, Fayetteville – 1 June
University of Arkansas, Little Rock – 1 June
University of California, Riverside – 1 June (without Aid)
University of Detroit, Mercy – 1 June
University of Illinois, Springfield – 1 June
Florida Institute of Technology – 8 June
Drexel University – 13 June
Marist College, Poughkeepsie – 15 June
California State University, Northridge – 15 June
George Mason University, Fairfax – 15 June
Missouri University of Science & Technology, Rolling

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 9:50am On Apr 19, 2021
Good day guys! Please what’s the average cost of getting ones I-20 docs down here to Nigeria. Thanks!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by librangyps(f): 10:01am On Apr 19, 2021
Moshkom:
Good day guys! Please what’s the average cost of getting ones I-20 docs down here to Nigeria. Thanks!

Ask for e copy from your school.

It's very much accepted. Dont waste time and money. Get with the times we are in now

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Lex04(m): 10:01am On Apr 19, 2021
Thanks for your time and suggestions Twoods, I appreciate them. He'll make necessary adjustments as advised.
TWoods:

Why did you choose the United States for your masters degree? I would remove that line I put in bold. It's not necessary and simply leads the VO to think that being in the United States is the real motivation for going for a masters degree.

The section in bold is your answer... everything else you can feel free to delete.

Suggests you don't have a clear idea what you want. Being a lecturer and a student affairs professional are two completely different things. Choose one and be specific about what opportunities open to you. What does a college student affairs do? Are there such jobs in Nigeria? Remember, your VO has a pretty good clue what jobs are available in Nigeria.

You may or may not get this question but be ready to answer why your jobs after college don't match with your masters degree and future plans.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 10:20am On Apr 19, 2021
librangyps:

Ask for e copy from your school.

It's very much accepted. Dont waste time and money. Get with the times we are in now

Wow! Really? No like, side effect?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ikenna04: 10:33am On Apr 19, 2021
NigPatriot:

Use a more robust statement of account. In case one of you or both of you are asked to be placed on AP. To avoid stories that touch.
I don't understand what ap means. Do you mean advanced placement. Also, I don't think we can get enough funds for both of us. So what's the way out.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by horlahsunbo225(m): 10:51am On Apr 19, 2021
Drhay:

But he now has a PGD, hes certification should be out by next month
I don't know about PGD but I know his HND can get him masters admission in USA if he evaluate his result with Wes
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Barigous: 10:56am On Apr 19, 2021
excellenttech:
Current available dates for Abuja starts from September 3rd, 2021 and no dates for Lagos. Please do we have any idea (from experience) if better dates are still going to show for both posts or should we expect it to continue into the future?

@excellenttech Please any idea of when dates will be available for Lagos?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by SomtoObu(f): 11:07am On Apr 19, 2021
Moshkom:

i do not think there will be any side effect. my school also sent an e-copy to me stating that it will be accepted at the embassy due to the present Covid situation so you can go ahead to ask for one now because it also fastens your process too.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 11:25am On Apr 19, 2021
SomtoObu:

i do not think there will be any side effect. my school also sent an e-copy to me stating that it will be accepted at the embassy due to the present Covid situation so you can go ahead to ask for one now because it also fastens your process too.

Ok. Thanks!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by May93: 11:27am On Apr 19, 2021
May93:
Good morning guys,

I'll like to know what your thoughts are on going to my interview with a personal fixed deposit certificate as a supplement to my uncle's bank statement.

Thanks

Guys, please let me know what you think
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bukoso: 11:52am On Apr 19, 2021
Please you guys should help with the answer na, Biko

bukoso:
Alright, thanks a lot, appreciate your help. But, IF I am able to renew it, would this be an issue at the embassy?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by librangyps(f): 11:55am On Apr 19, 2021
Moshkom:

100% accepted and no side effects lol
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Picricchem: 12:05pm On Apr 19, 2021
I got my visa this morning!! @Abuja embassy.

I'm so happy right now.

My transcript and story loading � grin grin grin.

FALL 2021.
Program starts August 17.

Thanks to everyone that had contributed to the flow of this thread from the beginning.

@Pepe my good boss, Lagosismyhome, Brown2green, justwise, fairheart, Twoods and others I will still mention later.

Thanks so much!

Transcript coming cheesy

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bukoso: 12:06pm On Apr 19, 2021
wow, congratulations oooo

Picricchem:

I'm so happy right now.

FALL 2021.

Thanks to everyone that had contributed to the flow of this thread from the beginning.

@Pepe my good boss, Lagosismyhome, Brown2green, justwise, fairheart, Twoods and others I will still mention later.

Thanks so much!

Transcript coming cheesy

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oluomu: 12:14pm On Apr 19, 2021
PLEASE REMINDER ON THIS

Hello All,

House please i urgently need your assistant and advice on this issue bothering me.

I'm a graduate of Mechanical Engineering and I have over 10yrs work experience in Automobile industry trying to apply for Master in US but could not meet the admission requirements of 3.3GPA.

Now my guy advised me to go for MBA for my masters...........I want to know the possibility getting visa approval If i should apply for MBA, a course different from my professional career.

I would appreciate all comments to help me take a decision.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by MistaJoey: 12:17pm On Apr 19, 2021
Congratulations are in order. Please do share your transcript n story soon...�....More grace to all fall 21 guys�
Picricchem:

I'm so happy right now.

FALL 2021.

Thanks so much!

Transcript coming cheesy

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Westlife005: 12:20pm On Apr 19, 2021
Good Morning Guys.

I have been a lowkey participant of this thread for a long time now. I'm trying to get a date for Lagos F-1 Visa since I paid MRV fees last week but no dates available for Lagos. Program start date is August 25 /Fall 2021. So today I picked Abuja and got a date and picked it sharp 27 August 2021 is it safe ?? This is my first time applying for a US Student Visa grin. Masters in Film. Media Arts. I'm based in Lagos.

Please I need a reply or I should just change to Lagos and hope dates will pop. I'm thinking I should hold on to Abuja, wait till 60 Days to start date and request Emergency date Make dem no go do me strong thing for Abuja o.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 12:30pm On Apr 19, 2021
librangyps:

100% accepted and no side effects lol

Obrigado ��
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by obajoey(m): 1:15pm On Apr 19, 2021
Congrats ooo.. e con be like say make I just run enter embassy as d thing dey do me cheesy

Picricchem:

I'm so happy right now.

FALL 2021.

Thanks so much!

Transcript coming cheesy
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by horlahsunbo225(m): 1:17pm On Apr 19, 2021
Westlife005:
Good Morning Guys.

I have been a lowkey participant of this thread for a long time now. I'm trying to get a date for Lagos F-1 Visa since I paid MRV fees last week but no dates available for Lagos. Program start date is August 25 /Fall 2021. So today I picked Abuja and got a date and picked it sharp 27 August 2021 is it safe ?? This is my first time applying for a US Student Visa grin. Masters in Film. Media Arts. I'm based in Lagos.

Please I need a reply or I should just change to Lagos and hope dates will pop. I'm thinking I should hold on to Abuja, wait till 60 Days to start date and request Emergency date Make dem no go do me strong thing for Abuja o.

Just chill till 60days from your commencement and request for emergency appointment.
You can request in that Abuja also cos Lagos don get virus for now grin
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by BirdieBeaz(m): 1:28pm On Apr 19, 2021
Choncoo:

New Rendezvous 6k-8k
Pridemark 10k

I don't know if there's a hotel for 5k

Thanks, Choncoo! Is it advisable to book ahead for the hotel before arrival?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by urchdiya(f): 1:44pm On Apr 19, 2021
Picricchem:

I'm so happy right now.

FALL 2021.

Thanks so much!

Transcript coming cheesy

Congratulations!!! Who else noticed is raining Approved over here?�

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ikenna04: 1:53pm On Apr 19, 2021
NigPatriot:

Use a more robust statement of account. In case one of you or both of you are asked to be placed on AP. To avoid stories that touch.
also what if our interviews are like a month apart. Will that work?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 2:03pm On Apr 19, 2021
excellenttech:
Current available dates for Abuja starts from September 3rd, 2021 and no dates for Lagos. Please do we have any idea (from experience) if better dates are still going to show for both posts or should we expect it to continue into the future?
Dates will most definitely show up. We are still in April.
This virus situation was worse ending of last year for us that went for interview for spring 2021 and most people were still able to get dates and visa.

Last year, embassies did not even know how to reopen safely. Now it's a whole lot better. The embassy is talking about going back to normal operations. So if you don't have a good date yet, I say don't panic about it. We were able to get through months ago when things were worse.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 2:13pm On Apr 19, 2021
UZAD:
Good day Bro,

Please help me with schools still accepting application for Phd programs with no Wes equivalence requirement.

I don't know is these schools are still accepting applications but they don't require Wes

Stevenssen:
Schools that do not require WES or any evaluation.

These schools do not require any evaluation from you. The first 14 schools here, I am sure they will let you apply with your unofficial transcript then send the official one later. For the rest, some may let you apply with your unofficial transcript while some will need the official one during your application (You can verify from their website). Information is correct as at December 2020.

Wichita State University.
University of South Carolina.
University of North Carolina, Charlotte.
TAMUK.
University of Minnesota, Duluth.
Western Illinois University.
University of Central Missouri.
University of Missouri, St Louis.
Georgia State University.
University of Massachusetts, Dartmouth.
Auburn University of Montgomery.
University of Memphis(Computer Science dept.)
University of South Dakota.
East Tennessee State University.

North Dakota State University.
University of Vermont.
Cleveland State University.
Western Washington University.
University of Central Florida.
Bowling Green State University.
Old Dominion University.
University of Houston, Clear Lake.
Central Michigan University.
University of Hawaii, Manoa.
Jacksonville State University.
Southern Illinois University.
University of Detroit, Mercy.
Western Oregon University.
California State University, Sacramento.
California State University, Fresno.
California State University, Ponoma.
University of California, Merced.
Clark University.
Western Kentucky University.
Louisiana Tech University.
University of Northern Colorado.
Utah Valley University.
University of Minnesota, Twin Cities.
Illinois State University.
University of Wisconsin, Eau Claire.
Arkansas State University.
Southern A & M University.
Eastern Illinois University.
Indiana State University.
Georgia College and State University.
Youngstown State University.
Montana State University
Marshall University
Humboldt State University.

There are a lot more but this is what I have.
Even with all these, I would advise you to evaluate your transcript if you have the time and resources, your options will be endless! But if you don't, then fine. That is what this list is for.
Hope it helps someone
All the best!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Choncoo: 2:41pm On Apr 19, 2021
BirdieBeaz:

Thanks, Choncoo! Is it advisable to book ahead for the hotel before arrival?

You can but don't pay until you arrive the facility
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Picricchem: 2:43pm On Apr 19, 2021
Embassy Location: Abuja

School name: Kennesaw State University, metro Atlanta Georgia.

Program: Ms. Chemistry.

UG Degree : Chemistry.

GRE & Toefl Scores if there is Any: 304 no toefl.

GPA : 3.07 Wes (2.2 gpa)

Financial Aid/Funding:
GTA : 32,300
Deficit = 14k +
COA = 47K
Sponsor: Uncle

I heard about Kennesaw state university from Brown2green. May God bless him.

I'm grateful to God Almighty that made today possible. Everything started in 2019.
I wrote GRE and applied to schools but they all rejected me then I ran to Nairaland to tender my case.

One angel saw my case on Nairaland and sent a mail to me. We call him Pepe �. I thank God for using Pepe for me. He told me to go and do WES so that I can get admission and funding. I told him it wasn't possible becos I didn't have that kind of money. He pressed on me until I did WES, then my story changed.

I am so happy right now. Only God could have done this.

I planned to have my interview at a later date but I just discovered that my passport will remain exactly 6 months tomorrow. God gave me today's date in short �

Interview
Vo: good morning
Me: good morning sir.
Vo: do you have up to six months on this passport.
Me: yes sir. It will remain six months tomorrow.
Vo: where are you going in the US?
Me: I'm going to kennesaw state university for my Master's degree in chemistry. I got this offer in 2020 but due to covid lockdown I couldn't secure an appointment.
Vo: oh, I see.
Me: yes sir. In fact my assistantship was kept for me.
Vo: nodding in agreement.
Vo : why do you want to have this degree?
Me: I planned to join a multinational company here in Nigeria as a research and development Chemist, and this degree will put me in the best position to achieve that.
I'm currently eyeing Nestlé, OLAM, and Unilever.
Vo: where are you working presently?
Me: I'm working with Nestlé Nigeria on contract. I joined them pending the beginning of my program as I can't take up any permanent appointment until I get my Master's.
Vo: have you travelled out before?
Me: No sir.
Vo: who is your sponsor?
Me : named him.
Vo: what does he do?
Me: he holds the position of vice president at OLAM international. So he controls all their manufacturing activities in Nigeria.
Vo: didn't get OLAM so I spelt for him.
Vo: why does he want to sponsor you?
Me: he was the one that advised me to go for my Master's abroad to gain a better research knowledge and international exposure before I join their company as R&grin Chemist. He promised to render all the necessary support and he's doing just that. In fact he gave me the money last year before I realized I couldn't go.
Vo: the money is in your account?
Me: No sir. In his account.
Vo: do you have his statement?
Me: yes I do. Gave him.
While he collected it to check, I quickly added.. that's just his transactional account, not his salary account.
Me: the assistantship I have has covered full tuition and living expenses, he's just covering the miscellaneous expenses.
Vo: checked the i20 again, then drop the account statement and then he said something I didn't hear and gave me the white paper.
Me: still standing at his front like I was in another world.
Vo: you are free to go.

Hallelujah!
The security there said it was the longest interview.

I appreciate everyone on this thread. Thanks so much!

Spence, thanks so much for words of wisdom.

Pepe my brother, I love you so much.

Glory be to God!

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by homodele: 2:51pm On Apr 19, 2021
A very big congratulations to you, and good luck.

Picricchem:

Financial Aid/Funding:
Deficit = 14k +
COA = 47K

I'm grateful to God Almighty that made today possible. Everything started in 2019.
I wrote GRE and applied to schools but they all rejected me then I ran to Nairaland to tender my case.

One angel saw my case on Nairaland and sent a mail to me. We call him Pepe �. I thank God for using Pepe for me. He told me to go and do WES so that I can get admission and funding. I told him it wasn't possible becos I didn't have that kind of money. He pressed on me until I did WES, then my story changed.

I planned to have my interview at a later date but I just discovered that my passport will remain exactly 6 months tomorrow. God gave me today's date in short �

Interview
Me: I'm going to kennesaw state university for my Master's degree in chemistry. I got this offer in 2020 but due to covid lockdown I couldn't secure an appointment.
Me: I planned to join a multinational company here in Nigeria as a research and development Chemist, and this degree will put me in the best position to achieve that.
Me: I'm working with Nestlé Nigeria on contract. I joined them pending the beginning of my program as I can't take up any permanent appointment until I get my Master's.
Me: he holds the position of vice president at OLAM international. So he controls all their manufacturing activities in Nigeria.
Me: he was the one that advised me to go for my Master's abroad to gain a better research knowledge and international exposure before I join their company as R&grin Chemist. He promised to render all the necessary support and he's doing just that. In fact he gave me the money last year before I realized I couldn't go.
While he collected it to check, I quickly added.. that's just his transactional account, not his salary account.
Me: the assistantship I have has covered full tuition and living expenses, he's just covering the miscellaneous expenses.
Vo: checked the i20 again, then drop the account statement and then he said something I didn't hear and gave me the white paper.

Hallelujah!

Glory be to God!

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Francangel(f): 3:01pm On Apr 19, 2021
Congratulations!

Picricchem:

Financial Aid/Funding:
Deficit = 14k +
COA = 47K

Interview

Hallelujah!

Glory be to God!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.