Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,271 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:09 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (1004) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1639079 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1001) (1002) (1003) (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by YoungChemist(m): 1:51pm On Jun 24, 2022
Bonttttti:
Please add me on the group chat 09063808264 . It's very important

Please add me up 07033622989
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 1:51pm On Jun 24, 2022
Google can help you here
You can ask the same questions yous asked the Rep to see her own angle.

CreativeWeb:
@chibertha

Next week, I will be having a Zoom meeting with the professor of the department I'm planning to apply to, and who I have asked to be my mentor and supervisor.

Before now, I have had a Zoom meeting with the school admissions rep. During the meeting, I asked him several questions and he provided in-depth answers to them.

Now, I really don't know what I will ask or discuss with this professor next week.

Before she agreed to speak with me, she said her department accepts only one student per intake and they don't do distance learning. When I told her that I'm looking at residency and that I'm really passionate about the field, she then gave me date for us to talk.

It's PhD and it's fully funded.

What should I be discussing with this professor? I don't want to be staring at her. I want to be lively and talk all through.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 1:52pm On Jun 24, 2022
the process is straight and simple it is on the website

Iyaboonibipe:

Good Day All,

pls im also interested in marshall university. i need you to put me through the process how can i dm you @chibertha

thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Smellymouth: 1:54pm On Jun 24, 2022
KennyBI:

Congratulations!!!

Thanks OG ..

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 2:00pm On Jun 24, 2022
Congrats

haha @winter jacket

Smellymouth:
Visa approved
Graduate student visa.
First attempt.
Abuja embassy.
White female V.O.
Program : Masters in business Administration.
School : University of Bridgeport, Connecticut..

Good day my people. First of , all thanks goes to GOD. Trust me guys, GOD is real..I realized today how faithful GOD truly is. I have been a silent reader here for close to a year now. Decided to go offline and carefully study this thread to avoid distractions..I made sure I read through all the pages on this thread including every transcript posted here. To everyone who has posted transcripts, you guys are a blessing.

So I got to abuja late last night due to some unforeseen circumstances. I woke up to the sound of pouring rain and thunder this morning around 5:30am. Hurriedly had my bath , got dressed and tried requesting a bolt ride all to no avail probably due to the unavailability of fuel and the heavy fall of rain.. I quickly glanced at my watch and noticed it was almost 6:40am and my interview was scheduled for 7:30am..That was when panic sets in. I immediately removed my shoe, picked up my documents (placed them in a plastic folder), kept my shirt inside a polythene bag, took some money and ran out in the rain wearing just my trouser pants and a singlet to get a cab from Maitama to the USA embassy cheesy

I nor kuku send.. Fortunately I found one at Panama street, jumped inside and got dressed in the vehicle. Devil na mumu.. Werey wan use rain take stop me . grin

I entered the embassy and I noticed a white lanky man was dishing out blue slips to everyone he interviewed . I silently prayed to GOD not to get to his counter. Fortunately, the lady at window 11 called out when it was my turn.

ME: Good morning Ma'am.
V.O: Good morning, how are you?.
ME: I am fine.
V.O: Pass me your passport and i-20.
V.O: What are you travelling to the usa For?
ME: I am travelling to the USA to pursue my master's degree in Business Adminstration at University of Bridgeport, Connecticut.
V.O: Why this university?
ME : I choosed University of Bridgeport, Connecticut because the university offered me an admission into Business Administration coupled with courses tailored towards my career aspirations. I will also be privileged to work with Professor Greg Kogan, whose research covers multiple disciplines such as economics and Business analytics. His works have been published in leading journals including International Journal of Commerce and E-business Management..
V.O: What is your post study plan?
ME : "..I intend to do..".Immediately village people stepped in.. I totally forgot everything...I blurted out, kaiii. Omo!! She smiled and said,"take a deep breath"

I took a deep breath, smiled, thanked her and continued. ".. I intend to do a lateral career switch from my present role as a project manager to Bleep manager within the same company. This MBA program will enable me build competency to be able to function as a Bleep.
V.O: Types endlessly then asked ,"Why the USA"?
ME: Studying in the USA will expose me to research opportunities which can't be achieved here in Nigeria. Also it's a known fact that the USA remains the No 1 in the world when it comes to innovation, technology and most especially business.
V.O: Okay. Was just typing without looking at me. Eventually glanced at me and asked, " I can see you have some fundings, who will pay the deficit?
ME: My uncle will be the one paying half of it and I already have savings that would cover the rest of the expenses.
V.O : Everything seems good here. Types , types, types( my heart was beating profusely).
After a long wait, she gave me the white slip and muttered a whole lot of stuffs. I nor even listen. cheesy I quickly grabbed the slip before she changes her mind, thanked her and literally fled. grin

Special thanks to everyone here. The journey started a year ago. And thanks to GOD, today it's a reality. This forum is a blessing. I did everything by myself without an agent's help. Everything I needed, I got from this thread. I painstakingly studied all the transcripts posted here and it was what I used to prepare for my interview.. Justwise, one love man... To everyone out there, may GOD crown all our efforts with success.

Lemme go and buy my winter jacket... cheesy cheesy

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by brianero24(m): 2:01pm On Jun 24, 2022
Bonttttti:
Please add me on the group chat 09063808264 . It's very important

Please add me : +2348146290557
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Smellymouth: 2:03pm On Jun 24, 2022
chibertha:
Congrats

haha @winter jacket

cheesy cheesy. Gracias.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by justwise(m): 2:06pm On Jun 24, 2022

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1001) (1002) (1003) (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.