Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,219 members, 7,818,755 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (148) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1646527 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TWoods(m): 4:52pm On Apr 27, 2021
Elnon:

Hi TWoods....I'm interested in spring 2022 for masters and really need funding....Undergrad in medicals, currently a data scientist and want to switch to tech for masters....Any list or idea of universities that fund admitted students for the spring semester or generous with funding?....fairheart, walspring and other gurus in the house pls help....

No idea. You have to do the search yourself.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TWoods(m): 4:56pm On Apr 27, 2021
Jukwasi:
Oh! Jesus. I tap into this grace. Congrats.

Don't just "tap into this grace", look at his profile and do likewise - good school, good program + excellent funding.

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TWoods(m): 4:57pm On Apr 27, 2021
ChyGirly:
Hi everyone �

Is it okay to include only your LinkedIn profile as your social media presence?

Does one have to include other social media accounts like Facebook, Instagram et all.

I included just LinkedIn and would want to be sure I'm on track.

I anticipate your response.

When it comes to US immigration, ALWAYS err on the side of caution. If you have other social media accounts, add them.

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TWoods(m): 4:58pm On Apr 27, 2021
frapzkid:
Approved

8am

I said God forbid that the man in window 3 conduct my interview
And God decided to shock me
VO - Good morning how are you
me -Am fine
VO - Just give me a minute please, (Calls a lady over the mic, likely the local admin and gives her instructions my mind no de there)
VO - OK pass your passport and i20 pleasE
(I passed it )
VO -so what you going to the US for.
Me- I am going for my masters in Data Analytics
VO- Have you been outside Nigeria before
Me- yes i been to the UK
VO - how many schools did you apply to (Those typical questions i normally see in people transcipts, I appreciate this forum for that)
Me- I applied to three (But it was just one )
VO- Why did you choose UNT
Me - I choose this school because the course of study have concentrations that pertains to what is needed in my workplace
which is Coporate management in Data Analytics.
(You see i was being sneaky,I wanted to remind the VO that in my profile I am employed and also tell him the employment has potential,
thereby giving me a good home ties)

VO- Oh i see, so where do you work
ME -Mention my company
(I actually work in a multinational company but for those of us that does not, I would advise you just say you do or you wish to cos
it improves your profile, but make sure it syncs with what you put in your ds-160 form)

VO - ok and who is paying for your trip
Me- My mom
VO -What does your mom do
Me - She is an estate agent and a fashion designer.
VO - Can i see her statement of account
Me - (i cried in thanks inside cos my mom forgot to print it , we haD to begged a bank staff to bring it for us around 7pm)
VO - OK you can have it back ( to me, I felt he did;nt really looked at it. just wanted to know if i had all the evidence with me )
VO -Do you have any relatives in the US
Me - Yes, my younger sister
VO -What is she doing
Me -She is doing her Bsc in Olkahoma
VO - How old are you
Me - I am 24-27 (lemme not expose my age here abeg)
VO - Are you married
Me- No
VO -Are you in a relationship
Me- Yes i have a fiancee (sincerely though it just a casual relationship)
VO - What does she do
Me - she works in an accounting firm
VO - OK thank you very much (immediately he said that i felt like dying)
then he said
VO - Take your i20 for now, then i would hold on to your passport for now
Me (in my mind) - Oga is yours , i want you to hold it well please no give me today.
Then he hands me the white paper.
Omo

I thank God
I thank those who posted their previous transcripts whether success or not
I thank those who answered questions pertaining to school application

US Visa secured
now
Canada can go and rest
I guess i start saving up for the rainy days cos US VISA no be the endgame..

My humble advice to future candidates
1. Always answer your questions simple and clear. Long answers are a turn off for them
2.No need to fake accent, cos it would just put unnecessary pressure and you may end up saying what you wish not to say
3. Always be relaxed, don't do like you having a job interview. see it like as if you telling your friend about your goals and achievements
4. Also don't allow those touts to exhort telling you to print unnecessary documents, the documents you need are stated already. Those guys chop up to 10k from me

Once you get to the US and settled, mail-in an application for a Canada visiting visa and go have fun. You don't need anything else to travel to Canada and return to the US, provided you do so within 30 days. Congrats!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by idebel(m): 5:02pm On Apr 27, 2021
June 1st 2021 Available for Lagos now.-

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by frapzkid: 5:05pm On Apr 27, 2021
TWoods:

Once you get to the US and settled, mail-in an application for a Canada visiting visa and go have fun. You don't need anything else to travel to Canada and return to the US, provided you do so within 30 days. Congrats!
have fun, i still dey find money to survive for US. omo US is enough for me . When money enters I fit go kafachan i no mind

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ikenna04: 5:07pm On Apr 27, 2021
idebel:
June 1st 2021 Available for Lagos now.-
I didn't see anything only 2024
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Musbeni(m): 5:08pm On Apr 27, 2021
Eeyah, you fall into the hand of those guys you don't need to answer them, I didn't look at their face no matter what they say
frapzkid:
Approved

8am

I said God forbid that the man in window 3 conduct my interview
And God decided to shock me
VO - Good morning how are you
me -Am fine
VO - Just give me a minute please, (Calls a lady over the mic, likely the local admin and gives her instructions my mind no de there)
VO - OK pass your passport and i20 pleasE
(I passed it )
VO -so what you going to the US for.
Me- I am going for my masters in Data Analytics
VO- Have you been outside Nigeria before
Me- yes i been to the UK
VO - how many schools did you apply to (Those typical questions i normally see in people transcipts, I appreciate this forum for that)
Me- I applied to three (But it was just one )
VO- Why did you choose UNT
Me - I choose this school because the course of study have concentrations that pertains to what is needed in my workplace
which is Coporate management in Data Analytics.
(You see i was being sneaky,I wanted to remind the VO that in my profile I am employed and also tell him the employment has potential,
thereby giving me a good home ties)

VO- Oh i see, so where do you work
ME -Mention my company
(I actually work in a multinational company but for those of us that does not, I would advise you just say you do or you wish to cos
it improves your profile, but make sure it syncs with what you put in your ds-160 form)

VO - ok and who is paying for your trip
Me- My mom
VO -What does your mom do
Me - She is an estate agent and a fashion designer.
VO - Can i see her statement of account
Me - (i cried in thanks inside cos my mom forgot to print it , we haD to begged a bank staff to bring it for us around 7pm)
VO - OK you can have it back ( to me, I felt he did;nt really looked at it. just wanted to know if i had all the evidence with me )
VO -Do you have any relatives in the US
Me - Yes, my younger sister
VO -What is she doing
Me -She is doing her Bsc in Olkahoma
VO - How old are you
Me - I am 24-27 (lemme not expose my age here abeg)
VO - Are you married
Me- No
VO -Are you in a relationship
Me- Yes i have a fiancee (sincerely though it just a casual relationship)
VO - What does she do
Me - she works in an accounting firm
VO - OK thank you very much (immediately he said that i felt like dying)
then he said
VO - Take your i20 for now, then i would hold on to your passport for now
Me (in my mind) - Oga is yours , i want you to hold it well please no give me today.
Then he hands me the white paper.
Omo

I thank God
I thank those who posted their previous transcripts whether success or not
I thank those who answered questions pertaining to school application

US Visa secured
now
Canada can go and rest
I guess i start saving up for the rainy days cos US VISA no be the endgame..

My humble advice to future candidates
1. Always answer your questions simple and clear. Long answers are a turn off for them
2.No need to fake accent, cos it would just put unnecessary pressure and you may end up saying what you wish not to say
3. Always be relaxed, don't do like you having a job interview. see it like as if you telling your friend about your goals and achievements
4. Also don't allow those touts to exhort telling you to print unnecessary documents, the documents you need are stated already. Those guys chop up to 10k from me

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by peptual(f): 5:20pm On Apr 27, 2021
Please would you advice someone to go to the embassy with a PhD admission with no funding?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Taciturnity: 5:25pm On Apr 27, 2021
Please sir, I'm really interested too can you send it also to me.ndukwekelsey@gmail.com
thanks
Moshkom:

Kindly send me your email, lemme send a pdf file on the proper way to fill a ds160 form for you. Thanks!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jukwasi: 5:33pm On Apr 27, 2021
TWoods:

Don't just "tap into this grace", look at his profile and do likewise - good school, good program + excellent funding.
grin I claim every every.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kastgeraldino: 5:38pm On Apr 27, 2021
I don't understand. You say one does not need anything else to stay in Canada within 30 days if you are in the US, but you also talk about mailing in an application for visiting visa.

TWoods:

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ayomide002: 5:49pm On Apr 27, 2021
habakukjss3:

Hello.

Please send me ur email let me dm u.
I need know about skoltech
why not drop your email instead
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ehizy007: 5:58pm On Apr 27, 2021
Fantabulous! grin.Congratulations.
Musbeni:
Visa approved
8am Lagos usaconsulate
Vo: pass me your passport and I 20
Me: passed
Vo: why are you going to USA
Me: I am going to university of south Carolina to start my PhD in chemistry with concentration in heterogeneous catalysis
Vo: chemistry?
Me: yes
Vo: what will you be working on
Me: MOOH
Vo: who is sponsoring you
Me: I have full funding
Vo: are you traveling with your family
Me: no
Vo: we will be approving your visa

Everything is not more than a minute.

Thanks @meritdee for the mock interview.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Taciturnity: 6:02pm On Apr 27, 2021
Please house I really need clarity on SOA. My dad is my sponsor and the SOA is his company's account. The account name is the company's name not my dads name and That's where the real funds are. Do I need extra documentation to strengthen this or is it enough?
Thanks y'all

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by peptual(f): 6:14pm On Apr 27, 2021
Moshkom:

Kindly send me your email, lemme send a pdf file on the proper way to fill a ds160 form for you. Thanks!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TWoods(m): 7:15pm On Apr 27, 2021
kastgeraldino:
I don't understand. You say one does not need anything else to stay in Canada within 30 days if you are in the US, but you also talk about mailing in an application for visiting visa.

You need a visiting visa to Canada - which is easy because you won't be expected to leave your education in the US to live illegally in Canada. You can request the visa by mailing your application + passport to the Buffalo office - I think this is still the case (you get your stamped visa and passport in the mail after a few weeks).

What you don't need is a visa to return to the US after your visit. Say your F1 visa expires after 2 years, you can re-enter the US after a visit to Canada or Mexico if you were away for less than 30 days. Comes in handy if you don't want to have to return to Nigeria every year or 2 to renew your F1 visa.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sogba1145: 7:45pm On Apr 27, 2021
peptual:
Please would you advice someone to go to the embassy with a PhD admission with no funding?

Which course did you applied for and which school?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Picricchem: 7:51pm On Apr 27, 2021
Congratulations! Chemistry dey reign grin

Musbeni:
Visa approved
8am Lagos usaconsulate
Vo: pass me your passport and I 20
Me: passed
Vo: why are you going to USA
Me: I am going to university of south Carolina to start my PhD in chemistry with concentration in heterogeneous catalysis
Vo: chemistry?
Me: yes
Vo: what will you be working on
Me: MOOH
Vo: who is sponsoring you
Me: I have full funding
Vo: are you traveling with your family
Me: no
Vo: we will be approving your visa

Everything is not more than a minute.

Thanks @meritdee for the mock interview.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ikenna04: 7:58pm On Apr 27, 2021
How is my chances of being awarded a visa if I'm going to a community college
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by osadestiny: 8:26pm On Apr 27, 2021
Hello @ fairheart, walspring, lagosismyhome, twoods and other gurus in the house please i need your thoughts on this. My visa got delayed twice now, the COA of the school I used before was $34,000 without any scholarship and ever since then I have not made any changes on my ds-160. Now I am using a new school and I have already transferred my sevis , I was offered $5000 of scholarship and I am having a deficit of $20,000. I’m going for undergraduate, now my sponsor want to pay the $20,000 deficit to the school to make sure I am not having any financial problem at all. I don’t know if this is allowed, because we wanted to just pay up the money all at once to make sure that is been cleared. Can I be able to pay my school fees before going to the school?

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kizwid(m): 8:56pm On Apr 27, 2021
Hello everyone, am kind of new to this thread. please can I get the information I needed as a newbie in this part, if yes please from what page( have went through 1 to 5 and yet to gather any information) and if No, please what part shoul
d I start from....
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Olomojola: 9:00pm On Apr 27, 2021
Hello everyone
I had a denial last week
Please can anyone help identify my weak points from this transcript

VO-Have you travelled before
Me-Benin republic
VO-You are going for Master's in management
Me- Yes
What was your previous masters?
Me-Accounting
VO- what year
Me-2017-2018
VO- why did you choose grand canyon?
Me-i find them very credible and their course program fits my career
VO- who is funding
Me-I'm self funded
VO- which other school did you apply to?
Me -Texas A&M

NB: My actual course of study is Business Analytics,but on the i-20 my school code for their business courses for the sevis system is management science, so I don't know if the VO officer felt I was doing business management after a previous master in accounting..
Please gurus help a brother.
What can I do to improve my chances my next time
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bamiDee1(m): 9:07pm On Apr 27, 2021
Good evening all,

Please a quick one from successful visa approved members.

* If I have the capacity to sponsor my estimated bill of about $28k, can I go ahead and submit/use it or I should change sponsor to dad or uncle (whichever)? Is there any implication for presenting such s.o.a because you're single?
PS: Working and have been saving for this for some years now.

* Must I use the same s.o.a submitted during application of I-20 from the school and also present it at the visa interview (still valid for 6 months)?
Reason is, will the school send a copy of my s.o.a to the embassy?

Thanks in anticipation of your responses.

Regards

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 9:17pm On Apr 27, 2021
peptual:
No, It is not advisable. PhD without funding is subtle rejection.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 9:20pm On Apr 27, 2021
Olomojola:

Me- Yes

Your response here should have been “My actual course of study is Business Analytics,but on the i-20 my school code for their business courses for the sevis system is management science”

Olomojola:

Your reason here is too vague. You should make two to three sentences why you choose the school. Of all the 2000+ schools in the US what makes the school the one you want to attend and spend all your savings on.

Olomojola:

VO- who is funding
Me-I'm self funded

You can add a little “zing” to your response. Probably putting what you do and how long you’ve been doing it, showing how you’ve saved up for this.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 9:23pm On Apr 27, 2021

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Boyofgrace(m): 9:38pm On Apr 27, 2021
Moshkom:

Boss please i am interested in the pdf file will appreciate if you can also send to my email e_eidusi@yahoo.com.
Thank you boss.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TWoods(m): 9:40pm On Apr 27, 2021
Olomojola:
Hello everyone
I had a denial last week
Please can anyone help identify my weak points from this transcript

VO-Have you travelled before
Me-Benin republic
Me- Yes
What was your previous masters?
Me-Accounting
VO- what year
Me-2017-2018
VO- who is funding
Me-I'm self funded
VO- which other school did you apply to?
Me -Texas A&M

NB: My actual course of study is Business Analytics,but on the i-20 my school code for their business courses for the sevis system is management science, so I don't know if the VO officer felt I was doing business management after a previous master in accounting..
Please gurus help a brother.
What can I do to improve my chances my next time

You find the school more credible than Texas A&M?

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bamiDee1(m): 9:51pm On Apr 27, 2021
TWoods:

You find the school more credible than Texas A&M?

Please I'd like to reach out. I sent you a request mail already.

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by xtus(m): 10:04pm On Apr 27, 2021
sogba1145:

Which course did you applied for and which school?

Mathematics at Uni of New Hampshire
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by osadestiny: 10:07pm On Apr 27, 2021
osadestiny:
Hello @ fairheart, walspring, lagosismyhome, twoods and other gurus in the house please i need your thoughts on this. My visa got delayed twice now, the COA of the school I used before was $34,000 without any scholarship and ever since then I have not made any changes on my ds-160. Now I am using a new school and I have already transferred my sevis , I was offered $5000 of scholarship and I am having a deficit of $20,000. I’m going for undergraduate, now my sponsor want to pay the $20,000 deficit to the school to make sure I am not having any financial problem at all. I don’t know if this is allowed, because we wanted to just pay up the money all at once to make sure that is been cleared. Can I be able to pay my school fees before going to the school?

Please I need an answer to this.

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.