Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,443 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (155) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1638673 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by homodele: 4:54pm On Apr 30, 2021
It is well. I wish you success.

obajoey:
I received the documents last night.

I was interviewed for an Internal Audit GA position, but I didn't get it after the first and last interview, e pain me die.
I was told we were 22 students applying for the same position, we were later reduced to 10. And they are only looking to employ just 2.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by obajoey(m): 4:58pm On Apr 30, 2021
It is. wish you well too bro.
homodele:
It is well. I wish you success.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pefuele(m): 5:01pm On Apr 30, 2021
PotentialNurse:

There is a public holiday on Monday, I guess that’s why the appointment was rescheduled.

Your appointment was rescheduled too,right?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bayocanny: 5:02pm On Apr 30, 2021
Gracilicutes:
hello house who has gotten admission decision of late from western lllinois university because i have not heard from them since march 5 i applied an i have call them, they said they would get back to me
Lol, WIU just dey hustle for money.
Only God know how many I20 the school have churned out so far.
I was admitted tho.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bayocanny: 5:09pm On Apr 30, 2021
obajoey:
So I finally got a positive admission decision from WIU. Oluwa o se
Does it come with funding?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by obajoey(m): 5:11pm On Apr 30, 2021
bayocanny:

Does it come with funding?

I never see funding o, maybe on its way.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TWoods(m): 5:17pm On Apr 30, 2021
adesco2k9:

Need to show whos paying for the trip

No, you don't need to.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 5:18pm On Apr 30, 2021
bayocanny:

I was admitted tho.

Honestly, I just hope the school doesn’t get red flagged because about 2,000 Nigerians dey go this WIU..

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bayocanny: 6:09pm On Apr 30, 2021
PotentialNurse:

Honestly, I just hope the school doesn’t get red flagged because about 2,000 Nigerians dey go this WIU..

Not a Red flag, just that the school no get money so they're looking for every avenue to accumulate funds.
Every admission comes with $4000, applicants gonna pay the rest.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by MelaninGemstone(f): 6:47pm On Apr 30, 2021
bayocanny:

Not a Red flag, just that the school no get money so they're looking for every avenue to accumulate funds.
How much is the rest ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 7:02pm On Apr 30, 2021
bayocanny:

I didn’t say it was a red flag school, I said I hope it doesn’t get red flagged. The number of applicants to WIU is alarming, they have about 4-5 WhatsApp groups that is filled to its brim.

Did the school even reject anyone’s application?

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Roniee: 7:14pm On Apr 30, 2021
Hello everyone,

I am currently on an F2 visa in US and recently admitted for a fully funded graduate program. Is it advisable to visit the Nigerian embassy to initiate my F1 visa or do I have to go to neighboring countries here like Mexico.
If you have anyone you know that has been in this shoe kindly share their way out. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by obajoey(m): 7:32pm On Apr 30, 2021
bayocanny:

Not everyone got the 4k
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by horlahsunbo225(m): 8:01pm On Apr 30, 2021
PotentialNurse:

I didn’t say it was a red flag school, I said I hope it doesn’t get red flagged. The number of applicants to WIU is alarming, they have about 4-5 WhatsApp groups that is filled to its brim.

Even if they admit 1k Nigerians, the school can't get red flagged....

Do you even know the meaning of red flag school?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bayocanny: 8:29pm On Apr 30, 2021
PotentialNurse:

Oh sorry. Hopefully the school will not be flagged.
The Facebook page created for admitted students for Fall 2021 is more than 10.
Have never seen any applicant rejected for admission.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ellamma1(f): 8:50pm On Apr 30, 2021
I have seen a rejected applicant
bayocanny:

Oh sorry. Hopefully the school will not be flagged.
The Facebook page created for admitted students for Fall 2021 is more than 10.
Have never seen any applicant rejected for admission.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 8:59pm On Apr 30, 2021
Malone122:
hello sir I have a quick question someone who applied to Canadian schools and USA schools in total making 12/13 schools when asked how many schools did you apply too
Is it advisable to say the 13 schools both in Canada or USA or just mention the ones in USA
It's really up to you.
But my advice would be to include the Canadian schools cos it will show you are not just looking to go to the US.
Also, the more schools you apply to, the better your profile sounds.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tayoade19: 9:20pm On Apr 30, 2021
Roniee:
Hello everyone,

I am currently on an F2 visa in US and recently admitted for a fully funded graduate program. Is it advisable to visit the Nigerian embassy to initiate my F1 visa or do I have to go to neighboring countries here like Mexico.
If you have anyone you know that has been in this shoe kindly share their way out. Thanks in anticipation.

Just go to Mexico for your interview, that will be ok

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bblight: 9:38pm On Apr 30, 2021
Anyone here going to Wright state University September fall?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Lordsagna: 9:54pm On Apr 30, 2021
Good evening, I'm writing SAT examination next Saturday but the problem is my passport, isn't ready yet due to lack of booklets.... which is a prerequisite to tender for the exam... what should I do?... should I go to the examination centre like that and explain to them.
2) The school I wish to send my SAT scores to during registration, will they admit me?...or I can just apply to any school?
thanks.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Roniee: 10:07pm On Apr 30, 2021
Tayoade19:

Just go to Mexico for your interview, that will be ok

Ok thank you. So why Mexico, do you feel going back home is risky for an interview?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by shams040(m): 10:10pm On Apr 30, 2021
Please how many days does it take to approve emergency book?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by feelinboyya(m): 10:19pm On Apr 30, 2021
Bblight:
Anyone here going to Wright state University September fall?

Yes, Wright State University Dayton Ohio here

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by fantabulous08: 10:22pm On Apr 30, 2021
bayocanny:

I was admitted tho.
Omo na POF pursuing me commot

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Predstan: 10:23pm On Apr 30, 2021
FyiNodrama:
Good day everyone!
Someone I know recently had his f1 visa refused here at the US embassy in Ghana. I am posting his transcript here for comments on why he might have been refused.
Thank you. Please the gurus in the house I need your help.

This was my interaction with the VO
Q:What are you going to study
Masters in Political Science and Govt @ Ohio University
Q: Can I Pls have your I-20?
handed it to her

•What did you study at the undergraduate level
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science with Study of Religions

•When did you complete school
2015, May 2015

•What have you been working since then

I have worked with Ghana’s leading private media organization, Citi FM/CIti TV for the past 5 years as a broadcast journalist covering parliament and othe r socio political events in the country
•How did you get to know about the Ohio University
I got to know about the school through one of my lecturers during undergrad, Dr Bossman Asare, Deputy Chairperson of the Electoral Commission who is an alumnus of Ohio University. When the time was for me to think about pursuing graduate studies, I researched on the school, like the course structure and course concentrations on offer and put in my application which has been successful.

•Did you apply to any other schools apart from Ohio University
Yes, two other schools, Columbia University and Northeastern University

• I see you have funding,who is paying for the other part of the funding

A:My Uncle, Richard Assuming
What does he do
He is a contractor, he executes government projects mainly in the educational sector
Do you have a supporting document fr him
Yes; his bank statement.
(Hands bank statement to her)
• Does he have any kids
Yes
• How old are they
Five and Seven
•What are your plans after studies
I would come back and continue with my media job and also set up a parliamentary civil society group based on the expertise and exposure I will gather at the Ohio University in the states which is the bastion of democracy
• Have you travelled outside Ghana before
Yes; to Ethiopia
What for?
I was part of a group of journalists selected by Oxfam to observe and cover the AU heads of state and government summit in Addis Ababa. I can hand over my old passport if you want to confirm
Q; No that’s fine
• Have you travelled outside Ghana in the last two weeks
No
• Did you apply to any other school outside outside the US
No

Then she started typing plenty..I was very hopeful at this point that I had been granted the visa I was seriously praying

she said
• Take off your mask
I did
She continued typing
Then she dropped the bombshell
I’m sorry your visa can’t be approved because you do not qualify for this type of visa at this point in time
Then Handed me their letter

I said wow..she said yes!

I walked away

That’s my experience

Have you applied for a US visa before? Do you have any issue with Ghanaian government. Your session with the consular was good. Taking off the Mask to see you well maybe to match what he/she has seen on the computer is the big deal. But you have to try again to be sure about what’s going on....

And lastly, social Media. What have you done with it?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by fantabulous08: 10:29pm On Apr 30, 2021
Hello everyone,

Please is it possible I get a school that will fund me with this profile?

UG GPA 2.67/4.0 (WES)
Toefl 73
IELTS 6.0
GRE not yet
UG course: Biochemistry
Intend masters program: Molecular Biology / Environmental Biology.

Who has been admitted into Jacksonville State University for fall’21?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Favournice001: 10:59pm On Apr 30, 2021
Hello please I need help completing DS-160 form, under primary occupation section of the form.
I selected Student as my occupation and then filled my school name and address thereafter, but when I got got to the START DATE I entered the date on my I-20 but it tells me error!
It say I’m not suppose to enter same date as today or a date lower than today’s date, but I enter August 23rd not April or May!!

Please can someone guide me through this challenge, I don’t know what to do again!

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by solihp(f): 11:04pm On Apr 30, 2021
Favournice001:
Hello please I need help completing DS-160 form, under primary occupation section of the form.
I selected Student as my occupation and then filled my school name and address thereafter, but when I got got to the START DATE I entered the date on my I-20 but it tells me error!
It say I’m not suppose to enter same date as today or a date lower than today’s date, but I enter August 23rd not April or May!!

Please can someone guide me through this challenge, I don’t know what to do again!

The form is asking you about your occupation right now and not in the future. So you have to put your current employment status. If you’re unemployed you can put that and explain the reason why.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TWoods(m): 11:22pm On Apr 30, 2021
Roniee:

Ok thank you. So why Mexico, do you feel going back home is risky for an interview?

It is no riskier than applying in Mexico... the reason you are advised to apply from your home country is because if you were denied, you don't want to be stranded in a foreign country.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jukwasi: 11:50pm On Apr 30, 2021
Ellamma1:
I have seen a rejected applicant
My sister tell them. I am a victim of rejection from WIU. Some people will just wake up one morning and start talking. If WIU admits 1 million persons is no one's headache. Even the people talking and complaining are even admitted to WIU. So they should only admit you from Nigeria! It is well.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Greatajo(m): 12:06am On May 01, 2021
[quote author=Boyofgrace post=101184011]

Please, I’m also interested in having the pdf file. Email is ajo1luv@gmail.com. Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by okv87: 12:12am On May 01, 2021
It is risky going to Mexico than your home country.

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.