Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,368 members, 7,812,058 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:26 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1640442 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Daodudavid(m): 2:30am On Feb 05, 2021
Damian457:
Guys...I’m traveling to USA in 2 week time. I learnt from my Travel agent that all travelers are required to do a Rapid covid 19 test which will cost another 37k at the airport in addition to the one take at the laboratory . Regardless the airline
How true is this? Help please help

If this test is to be carried out in Nigeria it might be through, I’m not sure but I will say you should be prepare for it, but what I am sure is that before stepping into the USA you will need proof of COVID test at the port of entry, you will see men on military uniform with no gun, asking for your COVID test..

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Daodudavid(m): 2:31am On Feb 05, 2021
tmphoto:

Hello, I just emailed you.
I would like to ask you some few questions
I hope you still have access to the email.

Okay I will look it up now
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Daodudavid(m): 2:33am On Feb 05, 2021
Aquilapriscilla:

Hi sir, please how can one be a military medical doctor in the USA army?

US Doctors in the Army are commissioned meaning you must be citizen, but Combat medic are enlisted non-commissioned you need to be at least a green card holder

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Daodudavid(m): 2:35am On Feb 05, 2021
Choicexx:

Nigeria Great and Proud ,No include America abeg na smiley

Please let me include it, america gave me what Nigeria denied me of.. �

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:40am On Feb 05, 2021
Myralison:
Please I need to be clear on these issues before I start hustling on this journey.
1, what will be the faith of someone who has given birth in the states. Will it raise a red flag?

2, also the person presently have b1/b2 visa which was gotten outside Nigeria due to fear of denial because of birthing in the states.

What is the chance of getting F1?

Thank you.

Nobody can predict or tell you what your fate will be. Its all subjective on how the VO is convinced that he or she should issue you the visa. That you gave birth in the US in usually not an issue .

Did you pay all your hospital bill and declare your intention to give birth in the US, if yes then it usually fine if no then it can be come a problem

If you paid and declared your intention..... then prepare the normal way a student would prepare for an F1 visa interview and hope for the best

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Predstan: 5:18am On Feb 05, 2021
LagosismyHome:

Nobody can predict or tell you what your fate will be. Its all subjective on how the VO is convinced that he or she should issue you the visa. That you gave birth in the US in usually not an issue .

Did you pay all your hospital bill and declare your intention to give birth in the US, if yes then it usually fine if no then it can be come a problem

If you paid and declared your intention..... then prepare the normal way a student would prepare for an F1 visa interview and hope for the best

Welcome back Ma’am. How have you been? Stay Blessed

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Daodudavid(m): 5:39am On Feb 05, 2021
LagosismyHome:

My long time wife @lagosIsmyhome.. how have you been ? It’s high time you visit New York oo
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 5:49am On Feb 05, 2021
Please has anyone had encounters with any of the following schools? I want to check them out for masters
DePaul University(CS)
Northeastern Illinois University(CS)
National University San Diego(CS)
University of Delaware (biology)
Ball State University (biology)
California state Los Angeles (Biology)
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:15am On Feb 05, 2021
Daodudavid:

My long time wife @lagosIsmyhome.. how have you been ? It’s high time you visit New York oo

smiley cheesy grin..... I been good ooo
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:16am On Feb 05, 2021
Predstan:

Welcome back Ma’am. How have you been? Stay Blessed

Thanks .... but I been around oo cheesy.
Stay blessed too
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Munaxara: 6:23am On Feb 05, 2021
Juwon21:

I think it should depend on your department. How did you do it?
I just applied and noticed it was waived when I was abt something. Although it wasn’t stated on their website
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EmeritusR: 6:45am On Feb 05, 2021
fairheart:

Thank you. Happy new year!

and you too man! I just hope that this upcoming fall semester will find us joy, I'm preparing to go for my second interview in fall semester hopefully things goes well.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Aquilapriscilla: 7:17am On Feb 05, 2021
Daodudavid:

US Doctors in the Army are commissioned meaning you must be citizen, but Combat medic are enlisted non-commissioned you need to be at least a green card holder
Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by thebest1210(m): 8:41am On Feb 05, 2021
Please, does anyone know anything about University of New Mexico. I don't think I've seen it on this forum. Is it a good school?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Dhayour102: 9:51am On Feb 05, 2021
[quote author=NigPatriot post=98559676]

Let me be honest with you, it's very possible. Try evaluation of your result using WES. This will surely take your CGPA above 3.0 on a US scale of 4. This means you've met the requirement for admission to most schools in the US.

The second accomplishment should be securing funding. While this process remains esoteric, some signs have been established; having published papers, excelling at your standardised tests (GRE, GMAT, TOEFL), concise letter of recommendations from your professors and good Statements of Purpose. Giving your best at these indices surely stands you out as a competitive student. And as we all know, it's the competitive students who gets the assistantships. GPA is just one of several indices, so don't write yourself off, the sky is too big, we all can fly.

I wish you well in your pursuit.

[/thank you for your kind thought your words are so full of hopes and encouragement. I would like begin the processing can you pls send me your email so I will be able to contact you directly? Pls I will be needing help to register for the GRE, GMAT and the TOEFL you listed above. Once again take you for reaching out and your words of encouragement ]

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by fairheart(m): 10:34am On Feb 05, 2021
EmeritusR:

and you too man! I just hope that this upcoming fall semester will find us joy, I'm preparing to go for my second interview in fall semester hopefully things goes well.
Yes, keep your hope alive.
Make sure your DSFORM information is the same, except where something has changed since your last refusal.
In the box where you are asked to explain why you're refused, give a detailed explanation of what you thought was the reason for the refusal. With inflow of many applicants with past refusal in my inbox, I have experimented the idea of giving genuine explanation in that box. Don't write "under section 214b"; instead, explain what you think caused the refusal and state that you are a credible student. As testimony, I instructed 3 applicants with past refusals to try this method (the lady with 3 refusal I mentioned before, a guy who was refused 9 times (Yes, refused 9 times and got it 10th attempt in January), and another lady, and it worked. The VO always look at what you fill in that box).
Prepare for the interview! All the best!

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by fairheart(m): 10:37am On Feb 05, 2021
akudo30:

Please can you recommend the schools that give funding
thanks
Almost every school in the U.S gives funding. Whether you get funding with your admission is determined by the course, department, time you apply, and how strong your applicant is.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by fairheart(m): 10:39am On Feb 05, 2021
akudo30:

Thanks for your input, I'm always learning from this board. please can you post schools that are blacklisted. so we can avoid those schools.
I'm applying to New jersey university, kean university, Monroe college, Stratford uni and Bowie state university. Any red flags in those?

There is nothing like blacklisted schools. If you say schools with weak profile, I would say there are. Every accredited school in the US that issue i-20 will get you a visa if the applicants do their home work. There is nothing like red flag schools; only low ranking schools. And there have been students who receive visas with their admission.

All the best!

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Digbick: 10:50am On Feb 05, 2021
Is there a possibility of been admitted for Ms in the US with 2.0 gpa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EboniAd: 11:09am On Feb 05, 2021

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 11:20am On Feb 05, 2021
Jukwasi:
Hello house. Please I applied to 5 universities and I have been rejected by 2 now. Please what do I do oo. I can't hold it. And fall admission will soon come to an end. Please!

1. Email the 2 schools, that denied you and RESPECTFULLY ask them the cause/reasons for the denial(s).

2. Look into the reason(s) and work on it/them, against your remaining/next applications.

3. More applications.

4. Ofc, don’t give up!

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by horlahsunbo225(m): 11:45am On Feb 05, 2021
thebest1210:
Please, does anyone know anything about University of New Mexico. I don't think I've seen it on this forum. Is it a good school?
It's a good school

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Molly90(f): 11:57am On Feb 05, 2021
Good day everyone. Please I need recommendations on schools I can do my PhD with research interests in Environmental Microbiology/ water and wastewater treatment. I have applied to quite a number and awaiting response against fall 2021, I intend to have more schools in my basket.

Also, I am particular about schools/departments that offer/guarantee funding. I understand my research interest is common in departments such as civil & environmental engineering, environmental engineering, biology, please I will like to know other departments that work in environmental microbiology/ water and wastewater treatment area.

Thank you in anticipation for your kind response.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by thebest1210(m): 12:25pm On Feb 05, 2021
horlahsunbo225:
It's a good school

Thanks bro... please, are you a student there?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Myralison: 12:42pm On Feb 05, 2021
LagosismyHome:

Thanks for the reply ma. All bills were paid but its the reduced one(after discount).

Thats my fear, but thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 1:09pm On Feb 05, 2021
Hey guys,

I dey hail o! Abeg ehn, I just went through the entire hassle of filling a DS-160, paid the Visa Fee at the bank and obtained receipt, went to the gym to add some muscle for getting an appointment date, only for me to try for an appointment and I received feedback that there are no appointments available

Please, can anyone kindly enlighten a newbie as to why or how this is, and/or any possible ways to get around this and schedule an appointment.

With much thanks in advance.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by horlahsunbo225(m): 1:21pm On Feb 05, 2021
thebest1210:

Thanks bro... please, are you a student there?
No
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EmeritusR: 2:31pm On Feb 05, 2021
fairheart:

Yes, keep your hope alive.
Make sure your DSFORM information is the same, except where something has changed since your last refusal.
I

alright that's going to be fine, I feel that will also help.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NoFap123: 3:27pm On Feb 05, 2021
Molly90:
Good day everyone. Please I need recommendations on schools I can do my PhD with research interests in Environmental Microbiology/ water and wastewater treatment. I have applied to quite a number and awaiting response against fall 2021, I intend to have more schools in my basket.

Also, I am particular about schools/departments that offer/guarantee funding. I understand my research interest is common in departments such as civil & environmental engineering, environmental engineering, biology, please I will like to know other departments that work in environmental microbiology/ water and wastewater treatment area.

Thank you in anticipation for your kind response.

As a prospective Phd, the ability to do research is a necessity. Type the bolder on Google and search though the school website till you find a fit.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oluwatosin2000(m): 3:38pm On Feb 05, 2021
Good afternoon fam

Is it okay to apply to just two schools? Or even one? Does the number of schools have any effect during the interview?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nostradamus1: 5:16pm On Feb 05, 2021
Chonco:

More application if you can.
Masters or Ug
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EmeritusR: 5:28pm On Feb 05, 2021
Oluwatosin2000:
Good afternoon fam

Is it okay to apply to just two schools? Or even one? Does the number of schools have any effect during the interview?

you can apply for two schools or just only one school to go for your student visa but you just have to know that, even if you apply for 10 schools you will only be able to use 1 school to go for your visa. the reason why some people apply for different schools is because they will be able to make their choices according to them if things do not work well, but if the visa officer ask you why did you choose this school, just be prepared to tell him/her why you chose the school.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.