Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,084 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (321) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1645686 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Approvalll: 10:33am On Jul 07, 2021
Please guys I just applied for emergency date but I only submitted my I-20 and no other documents will I get approved for the emergency appointment?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by godguy: 10:37am On Jul 07, 2021
Tyleet:
I made a mistake in my ds160. In the question, "WHO IS PAYING FOR YOUR TRIP?", I put in self, misinterpreting the word, "trip" to mean flight expenses, however, I just realized that trip actually means tuition and fees and everything. My uncle will be my sponsor. What do I do now, I already submitted my ds-160.

This particular question has been causing lots of confusion to many of us, especially if you have funding, i checked online for the definition of trip, it means accommodation, flights and feeding. I am surprised that people are including tuition and fees as part of trip.

Please i want more explanation on this

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Themaths(m): 10:38am On Jul 07, 2021
Approvalll:
Please guys I just applied for emergency date but I only submitted my I-20 and no other documents will I get approved for the emergency appointment?

But you have been following this thread, why didn't you upload every other thing you could aside your i-20? And where did you apply? Abuja or Lagos?

Hopefully, you get approved soon. Goodluck.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by shams040(m): 10:39am On Jul 07, 2021
Themaths:

If you would want to continue with the Actuarial science/Mathematics line, you need to take some professional exams, at least, Exam P.

The Actuarial science program is highly coveted in the US, not more than 25 schools offer it at the master's level, believe me, I searched and surveyed all of them. I applied to about 2, Middle Tennessee State University and Illinois State University, but because I was coming with an engineering undergrad, no professional exam, and even with my GRE I didn't get any admission. So, be ready if you want to continue with it.

And of course, yes, you can always get funding, but it depends on the strength of your application; work experience in the field, GPA, GRE, professional exams if applicable and research interests and God's favour too.

Lastly, for the English requirement, I applied to at least 14 schools, all waived the TOEFL/IELTS for me. Sometimes it will be stated in their website that you need it, but a simple email to the grad coordinator can get this waived for you, while others state it categorically that if you are from Nigeria that you don't need it.

If you need any further information, just holla. Goodluck.
How many did you get with funding at the end?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by shams040(m): 10:41am On Jul 07, 2021
Adefisayo25:
Hello,

Please I want clarification on this, from a friend.

He was denied USA visa F1 and F2 , and he wants to reapply, he has paid for the MRV fees and started application, but he can't Edit the F2 Ds 160 number on the cgif portal.

Please has anyone experienced this issue before?

F1 and F2 denial and how did the person reapply?

I will appreciate you response

Do you mean 1 person or the person and his wife?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Themaths(m): 10:43am On Jul 07, 2021
shams040:

1 Full funding and a number of tuition waivers. My mistake was, I applied mostly to PhD programs when I should have faced master's first. That was a bummer.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Adefisayo25: 10:50am On Jul 07, 2021
shams040:

Do you mean 1 person or the person and his wife?
[q
shams040:

uote]Thank God! I'll surely return to give my testimony on this thread too... Was this in Lagos or Abuja? Did you have both interviews in the same location?

[/quote]

The person with his wife.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tyleet: 10:52am On Jul 07, 2021
Tyleet:
I made a mistake in my ds160. In the question, "WHO IS PAYING FOR YOUR TRIP?", I put in self, misinterpreting the word, "trip" to mean flight expenses, however, I just realized that trip actually means tuition and fees and everything. My uncle will be my sponsor. What do I do now, I already submitted my ds-160.
@justwise, is there a way I can ask this question directly to the VOs. I saw there are past VO threads, but the VOs are no longer active on those threads. Is there a currently active thread to ask a VO a question?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by shams040(m): 10:58am On Jul 07, 2021
Themaths:

1 Full funding and a number of tuition waivers. My mistake was, I applied mostly to PhD programs when I should have faced master's first. That was a bummer.

What did you get funding for Msc oPhD?

I feel it would help the guy. But I would advise that the guy asking question should take IELTS or anyone plus GRE considering his grade to boost his funding chance.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by afeezzezo: 11:11am On Jul 07, 2021
Tyleet:

Thanks so much. Will I have to pay a new visa fee and will they see that I changed something in my ds-160 form?

No.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by OlAfredd: 11:13am On Jul 07, 2021
Abeg oo, I need response, so I can take next appropriate action!

OlAfredd:
Good morning,

Please how do I confirm approval of my emergency application? And should I have gotten an email when I submitted my application? I didn't get any email and I can't see the emergency tab again on my home page.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by OlAfredd: 11:16am On Jul 07, 2021
Hopefully you would. But you should have followed the instruction on documents to attach - it was clearly stated on CGI.

Approvalll:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Themaths(m): 11:17am On Jul 07, 2021
shams040:

What did you get funding for Msc oPhD?

I feel it would help the guy. But I would advise that the guy asking question should take IELTS or anyone plus GRE considering his grade to boost his funding chance.

I got funding for MSc. What I usually advise people...take all necessary tests that will help boost your chances.. GRE and TOEFL and maybe other certificate exams that are applicable to your program like this Actuarial Science have like 5-7 professional exams.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Themaths(m): 11:18am On Jul 07, 2021
OlAfredd:
Abeg oo, I need response, so I can take next appropriate action!

Lagos or Abuja? When it your emergency request is approved, you will receive an email stating so.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 11:20am On Jul 07, 2021
You may and you may not.

I understand Sevis fee receipt and DS160 confirmation page is key to approval.

Approvalll:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tyleet: 11:25am On Jul 07, 2021
afeezzezo:

No.

So when going to the embassy, do I have to take ONLY the confirmation slip of the new one or I need to take both the old and new confirmation slips? I see you mentioned it will it give me a new confirmation number, meaning I now have two slips with two different confirmation numbers. I looked online and people are saying if you make a change to the ds-160 after submitting, when going to the embassy, you must take both the old and new confirmation slips. I'm wondering why take the old one, isn't this going to show them you made a change to the ds-160?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ikenna04: 11:32am On Jul 07, 2021
vickysunmomi:

Hello! There is no Hope in Lagos, I applied for emergency since last month approximately 4 weeks now. They have not replied. Lagos is ghosting everybody, do not waste your time.
Did you change to Abj. If yes, Did you secure a date?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jaylo79: 11:34am On Jul 07, 2021
godguy:

This particular question has been causing lots of confusion to many of us, especially if you have funding, i checked online for the definition of trip, it means accommodation, flights and feeding. I am surprised that people are including tuition and fees as part of trip.

If you have a primary and co sponsor will you include both theirs name there?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UAVdrones: 11:47am On Jul 07, 2021
godguy:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UAVdrones: 11:48am On Jul 07, 2021
Tyleet:

@justwise, is there a way I can ask this question directly to the VOs. I saw there are past VO threads, but the VOs are no longer active on those threads. Is there a currently active thread to ask a VO a question?
I agree with you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Picricchem: 12:14pm On Jul 07, 2021
Hello everyone!
I need usd $$. Kindly contact me if you have some to sell.

Thanks! wink
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by OlAfredd: 12:18pm On Jul 07, 2021
Abuja.

Oh okay, just so I'm clear:

I don't get confirmation email for completed emergency application.

And there is no way for me track its approval or denial, till they send me a decision via email.

Themaths:

Lagos or Abuja? When it your emergency request is approved, you will receive an email stating so.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jhry: 12:19pm On Jul 07, 2021
@Dapsalmy, please I still need your advice
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Themaths(m): 12:26pm On Jul 07, 2021
OlAfredd:
Abuja.

Oh okay, just so I'm clear:

I don't get confirmation email for completed emergency application.

And there is no way for me track its approval or denial, till they send me a decision via email.

Exactly, you just have to wait for their decision.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tylerbaby: 12:34pm On Jul 07, 2021
pebes:
Did you break your flight yourself or it is a single flight to Dallas with a layover of 3hrs 25mins?
No, it is not a single flight. They are separate flights.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tylerbaby: 12:35pm On Jul 07, 2021
kastgeraldino:
Some of us have 1.5 hrs to catch a connecting flight. So thank your stars

I've been told that the traffic in NYC can be really crazy, and it can take over an hour getting to LaGuardia from JFK.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by afeezzezo: 12:45pm On Jul 07, 2021
Tyleet:

So when going to the embassy, do I have to take ONLY the confirmation slip of the new one or I need to take both the old and new confirmation slips? I see you mentioned it will it give me a new confirmation number, meaning I now have two slips with two different confirmation numbers. I looked online and people are saying if you make a change to the ds-160 after submitting, when going to the embassy, you must take both the old and new confirmation slips. I'm wondering why take the old one, isn't this going to show them you made a change to the ds-160?

You have no business with the previous ds160 number but you fit still take am sha.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by uniquehealth: 12:51pm On Jul 07, 2021
uniquehealth:
Good morning house,

Can someone recommend a Covid-19 accredited lab for me where I can get my result same day?

Thanks very much.

Urgent pls
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Abbiemills: 12:58pm On Jul 07, 2021
LeviAckerman:
Good evening
If anyone is having their interview around 16th and is need of one person they can practice their transcript with for a few minutes everyday till then.
Please PM

My interview is on the 16.
Let's chat up
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by yinka1221: 12:58pm On Jul 07, 2021
Can one of gurus here help me scrutinize my transcript.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Approvalll: 1:00pm On Jul 07, 2021
Abuja by God’s grace
Themaths:

But you have been following this thread, why didn't you upload every other thing you could aside your i-20? And where did you apply? Abuja or Lagos?

Hopefully, you get approved soon. Goodluck.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 1:02pm On Jul 07, 2021

(1) (2) (3) ... (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.