Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,089 members, 7,821,766 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (407) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1648667 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jimmeways: 11:00pm On Aug 02, 2021
Visaalert! Visaalert! Visaalert!!!

I got my UK student visa today and I applied for standard visa and it was ready within 9days

Is God not wonderful

#whatGodcannotdoesnotexist

10 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tunapawizzy: 11:06pm On Aug 02, 2021
haywhy17:

egbon, you dey earn 800k and still wan comot this country... why una just be like this...
jejely pack ur family go UK. no stress urself. anything fit happen from there.
Working system no dey hungry u...lol.. No doubt 800k may be big in Nigeria, but with his experience, an American education and proper networking, he go harvest cocoa plantation for US.

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chigloriar: 11:17pm On Aug 02, 2021
Tomibob:
I didn't put any call through. I sent an heartfelt message explaining my case on Sunday. I also supported my story with the necessary documents. I was admitted for Fall 2020 but deferred to this fall, so my case is kinda different.
[color=#006600][/color]

Was it an email or what?
Please to what email address?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by haywhy17(m): 11:58pm On Aug 02, 2021
tunapawizzy:

Working system no dey hungry u...lol.. No doubt 800k may be big in Nigeria, but with his experience, an American education and proper networking, he go harvest cocoa plantation for US.

well, no doubt about that
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tooksie16(f): 12:23am On Aug 03, 2021
librangyps:
Visa approved Abuja.
Canada study visa denied July 2020 (Apploed alone)
US study visa denied in Lagos November 2020 ( Applied alone)
US Visa approved in Abuja August 2021(Applied with two kids)

God's time is the best!

Transcript loading

Congratulations!!!�

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Friedpotato: 1:00am On Aug 03, 2021
Predstan:

Sendwave to Dollar.

MoneyGram to Dollar.
I mean from Nigeria to US, not US to Nigeria
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Predstan: 1:15am On Aug 03, 2021
Friedpotato:
I mean from Nigeria to US, not US to Nigeria

Western Union and MoneyGram. Less than 24hrs transaction.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by larkson(m): 5:39am On Aug 03, 2021
tunapawizzy:

You are spot on!

The average monthly salary for my current role in the US is btw 6-7k monthly. That is about N3m in Nigerian currency: my LinkedIn profile couldn’t have been the problem. I detailed my job and employment history (from 2009 till date- my past employers, role and responsibilities ) as it is on my CV and LinkedIn while completing my DS 160:

Recently, my current employer was quoted on NSE and my name was submitted to the capital market through the equity firm. So, if he had googled my name, he would have found very interesting stuffs about my profile.

But, I guess yesterday was not just my day. I am going to reapply.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tunapawizzy: 6:14am On Aug 03, 2021
larkson:

You are spot on!

The average monthly salary for my current role in the US is btw 6-7k monthly. That is about N3m in Nigerian currency: my LinkedIn profile couldn’t have been the problem. I detailed my job and employment history (from 2009 till date- my past employers, role and responsibilities ) as it is on my CV and LinkedIn while completing my DS 160:

Recently, my current employer was quoted on NSE and my name was submitted to the capital market through the equity firm. So, if he had googled my name, he would have found very interesting stuffs about my profile.

U are correct, maybe yesterday wasn't just ur day. I also think u should reapply and make/sway the VO to pay attention while u detail ur travel history if asked again. U said he asked first, then he came back to it again to be sure about ur response.
About ur current role being 6-7k, even if that much experience was garnered in the US, ur profile looks like a six figure sumtin..loool. I wish u all d best on ur next attempt

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chigloriar: 6:55am On Aug 03, 2021
Chigloriar:
[color=#006600][/color]

Was it an email or what?

Please how do somebody follow up an expedited date
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Diedi: 8:30am On Aug 03, 2021
I also need help with following up with emergency appointment request. Is there an email to write to?

Chigloriar:

Please how do somebody follow up an expedited date
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 8:57am On Aug 03, 2021
Chyjoey:

If you think about the visa application process, then it doesn't make logical sense that a background check on your social media is done before you appear for your interview.
It makes more sense that the background check is done following approval, and hence the 3 days taken to produce your passport.

It would take a shit tonne of manpower to analyze the social media accounts of every applicant, including those with sub optimal applications.
Let's assume you supported Pantami when he said he's always happy whenever unbelievers are killed Lool.. and they happen to come across it on your Twitter handle, your guess is as good as mine grin grin grin
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by iretex1(m): 8:58am On Aug 03, 2021
haywhy17:

egbon, you dey earn 800k and still wan comot this country... why una just be like this...
jejely pack ur family go UK. no stress urself. anything fit happen from there.

Howwww Chief, mind to share?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by iretex1(m): 9:02am On Aug 03, 2021
Pauliben:

Thanks for responding. I got my EA approved a couple of hours ago.

Congrats!!!
When did you apply and Lagos/Abuja?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by librangyps(f): 9:03am On Aug 03, 2021
larkson:

You are spot on!

When next you are filling ur ds... use the space of reasons for denial to explain that travel stuff.

Eg I believe I was denied based on a mix up with my travel history.
Give detailed explanation of what u filled due to the 5years history and the VO direct question which didn't specify 5years hence the discrepancy in your response.

Honesty will get you the visa.

8 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by larkson(m): 9:06am On Aug 03, 2021
tunapawizzy:

U are correct, maybe yesterday wasn't just ur day. I also think u should reapply and make/sway the VO to pay attention while u detail ur travel history if asked again. U said he asked first, then he came back to it again to be sure about ur response.
About ur current role being 6-7k, even if that much experience was garnered in the US, ur profile looks like a six figure sumtin..loool. I wish u all d best on ur next attempt

To be honest, I didn’t feel sad after the interview but shocked. It was my first experience at the US embassy and everything went well until he checked back my travel history (in which I gave very clear and honest response). It was as if he made a mistake when he issued the green paper. I came out laughing like someone whose insanity was fresh while trying to figure out where I got it wrong. But, God Dey, I have contacted the school for spring 2022 admission. We no go gree. Lol

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Erudite77: 9:12am On Aug 03, 2021
Good morning. Hope you had a pleasant night.

Is there anyone who has applied to Western Illinois University? I don't know if IELTS or TOEFL is waved. It seems it's compulsory, according to the information on the school website.

See the parts of the requirements below:

"International applicants to the program have a TOEFL score of at least 100 (IBT) or an IELTS score of at least 7.5. Applicants who do not meet these scores can still be considered for admission based on their performance in an interview with the Director of Graduate Studies in English."

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tomibob: 9:22am On Aug 03, 2021
Chigloriar:
[color=#006600][/color]

Was it an email or what?
ConsularAbuja@state.gov ... However, you should be patient, they're sorting it based on the date you submitted your request.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Sadioyesuf: 9:43am On Aug 03, 2021
Jimmeways:

I got my UK student visa today and I applied for standard visa and it was ready within 9days

Is God not wonderful

Congrats.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Femotech123: 9:46am On Aug 03, 2021
Please this is what I got since I apply for EA July 9 at Lagos just received this mail this morning I try to reschedule but unfortunately it Jan 4 2024 I saw ooo

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tunapawizzy: 9:49am On Aug 03, 2021
larkson:

To be honest, I didn’t feel sad after the interview but shocked. It was my first experience at the US embassy and everything went well until he checked back my travel history (in which I gave very clear and honest response). It was as if he made a mistake when he issued the green paper. I came out laughing like someone whose insanity was fresh while trying to figure out where I got it wrong. But, God Dey, I have contacted the school for spring 2022 admission. We no go gree. Lol
u mean like weyrey tutu...hahaha. yes you should apply again and demand for an apology sef

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by airflowperfect: 9:52am On Aug 03, 2021
Hello All
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Sadioyesuf: 9:56am On Aug 03, 2021
Jimmeways:

Is God not wonderful

Congrats.

To anyone going to Bradford university!!!
I got a house around school area. I need two males students to join me. 10minutes walking distance to school.

Am not asking you to pay any money. You WL pay when you get to Bradford and you see the house. Only two students male. Regardless of faith or tribe. Just honest and decent persons.

I have paid already. The price is very cheap and the accommodation is very nice.

Once again am not asking for any money until u get to the house at Bradford.

Is only two rooms remain in 3 bedroom flat.

If you are interested emails me I WL give u my contact number.

No preferential treatments. Serious minded person need to join me in the house.

Once again am not asking anyone to pay Kobo until you arrive at the house in Bradford.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Helkayklassic(m): 10:22am On Aug 03, 2021
Erudite77:
Good morning. Hope you had a pleasant night.

Is there anyone who has applied to Western Illinois University? I don't know if IELTS or TOEFL is waved. It seems it's compulsory, according to the information on the school website.

See the parts of the requirements below:

"International applicants to the program have a TOEFL score of at least 100 (IBT) or an IELTS score of at least 7.5. Applicants who do not meet these scores can still be considered for admission based on their performance in an interview with the Director of Graduate Studies in English."

I have completed my application. TOEFL is waived for Nigerians

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Erudite77: 10:28am On Aug 03, 2021
Helkayklassic:

I have completed my application. TOEFL is waived for Nigerians

Thanks for the info, dear bro.

I'll like to hi you on email.

Please reply to the email.

Be blessed.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kshe(f): 10:44am On Aug 03, 2021
Hi guys, I've been trying to get a September date for my interview.

I was denied in June so I deferred to Spring Start. I've been in search of an interview opening for weeks.

What would you suggest I do?
I don't want to wait till it's close to my January start before going for an interview.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Helkayklassic(m): 10:55am On Aug 03, 2021
Erudite77:

Thanks for the info, dear bro.

I'll like to hi you on email.

Please reply to the email.

Be blessed.

I have replied you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Helkayklassic(m): 10:56am On Aug 03, 2021
Kshe:
Hi guys, I've been trying to get a September date for my interview.

I was denied in June so I deferred to Spring Start. I've been in search of an interview opening for weeks.

What would you suggest I do?
I don't want to wait till it's close to my January start before going for an interview.

You keep checking as it is obvious dates are not available now. Just keep checking.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ayflitz: 11:28am On Aug 03, 2021
Good Morning everyone,
For those of us waiting on Emergency approval and date: I noticed a routine Embassy has used in approving dates for fall applicants recently which is that, Applicant that got date are those that made a new Visa fee payment and applied for emergency with the new MRV. This is just my observation I might be wrong. Also, we should consider to send the US consulate mails just like someone advised here.

I believe those of us that are expecting our Application to be approved to create a whatsapp group so that we can join to drop hints and information, this is to enable us stay informed.

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Favour1998: 11:32am On Aug 03, 2021
Hi guys! Please I just cancelled my visa appointment because my EA was denied. I have deferred my admission. Please can I use the same MRV fee again when next I want to book an appointment?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Favour1998: 11:33am On Aug 03, 2021
Hi gI just cancelled my visa appointment because my EA was denied. I have deferred my admission. Please can I use the same MRV fee again when next I want to book an appointment?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 11:33am On Aug 03, 2021
Favour1998:
Hi gI just cancelled my visa appointment because my EA was denied. I have deferred my admission. Please can I use the same MRV fee again when next I want to book an appointment?
yeah

(1) (2) (3) ... (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.