Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,145 members, 7,815,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (453) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1642407 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Brawlscartel(m): 7:58pm On Aug 21, 2021
People of God... I'm currently studying Bsc microbiology......in UNN....

I wanna do my msc either in USA or Canada ..... Though Canada is first choice due to 2yrs post study work visa...

My question now,after writing GRE and I'm above 300 can I secure either partial or fully funded scholarship??
Also what's the POF for Canada and USA...

I'm yet to decide where to major in msc Sha.. na msc when go land me with quick job Nia I wan reason...
Sha you can still advice me on good msc thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 8:21pm On Aug 21, 2021
Nancy12345:
What if
You can fill in your present sponsor on the DS-160.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by HorlarJP: 8:25pm On Aug 21, 2021
[quote author=Oolatech post=105038262][/quote]

Hello bro
I am in Dubai too trying to start my application
Can we run em together
I sent you a mail already
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Funnyman: 9:35pm On Aug 21, 2021
Lovethchisom:

You will submit it by yourself via the email address. Get the recommendation letter with letter head of the organization
thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 9:35pm On Aug 21, 2021
Somebody should please recommend airlines to use.

Emirate just canceled my scheduled flight.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by nues012(m): 10:13pm On Aug 21, 2021
Saintkollyjoe:

Thanks very much. Here is the transcript:
I have been blessed by the members of this forum and I thank everyone that have shared their Transcripts or have answered questions here. I have been a silent participant in the forum. In April 2021, I got admission with full funding to University of Wyoming to do M.A history.
Fast forward to June 29 when my i-20 arrived, tye available dates for interview were in 2022. I asked for emergency appointment but when it was not forthcoming, I engaged an agent to find dates with the reschedule appointment tool for me and I got August 20 appointment. My resumption nis august 18 on my i-20. It was on this forum that I learnt that I can get a revised i-20. In short my revised i-20 reached my email in the midnight of August 20.
Now I must print but my appointment is 7.30 am. I got to the Abuja embassy before 6am. Omo entrepreneurial NIgerians are already on ground! Printing was expensive but I was happy to pay. They also scammed me by saying that my DS 160 submission confirmation read Lagos instead of Abuja and so I must change it to Lagos otherwise they will send me back. I said no but being my first time , I ended up paying. The gate hustlers also condemned my passport photo graph. Anyway Sha I snapped another one. In all I was milked of 22k naira.
I joined the queue at 7.15am. I have read all transcripts here and I was prepared with responses. Someone also coached me the day before interview. I have with me two company certificates, landed property, marriage certificate and many rehearsed speeches on why I will return to Nigeria.
I entered the interview and it was then I knew that my Lagos information for DS 160 is to be transferred to Abuja and I must wait Another 1 hour. It was then I knew that gate hustlers don scam me. While I wait only two approvals were granted and about six denials. At that moment, like a person given life imprisonment sentence, I started imagining how beautiful life under NIgeria and Buhari can be if one accept your fate.
Then I was called to enter again for interview.
V.o good morning
Me: good morning ma'am.
V.o I can see you are going to the University of Wyoming
Me: that's correct.
V.o: what do you do here in Nigeria?
Me: I'm a teacher and I teach History. ( In the cubicle there was a male white guy standing near the white female interviewer observing the computer screen. The white guy nodded at my response). She typed.
V.o: said something I could not pick. And I told her that please come again. She Held up a slip on which 'thesis was written'.
Me: yes my masters is thesis masters.
V.o: no, I mean what is your proposed thesis topic?
Me: oh, I shall working on prostitution during the colonial period of Nigeria

V.o : oh colonial prostitution.
Me: yes, that's correct.
V.o what will you be using this degree to do.
Me: I shall be coming back to teach History at the University of Ibadan.
V.o: teach at University of Ibadan?
Me: yes, I've been promised a position there.( The white guy beside her nodded at this)
V.o: I shall be approving your visa....
Me: I became deaf.to other things she was saying but I picked transit and pick up. I was given a white paper and she bid me best of luck.
My interview was less than a minute. Please prayer works! I prayed. My pastor prayed. While at the interview my mum, my dad, my wife, my mother in law and an aunt, my children were praying for me. This is the first time in my life that things that is supposed to be difficult became absolutely easy! It was my first time at any embassy. It was my first application for any visa in this life!
Ebami yin oluwo logo oooooo!

Congratulations,

what do you mean by revised I-20 cos my resumption date is 18th on my I-20 and I have my interview for 30th?

Is it wrong to go to embassy with an i-20 stating resumption date of 18th while my interview is 30th?
Pls I need an urgent reply anyone.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by nues012(m): 10:15pm On Aug 21, 2021
Saintkollyjoe:

I have been blessed by the members of this forum and I thank everyone that have shared their Transcripts or have answered questions here. I have been a silent participant in the forum. In April 2021, I got admission with full funding to University of Wyoming to do M.A history.
Fast forward to June 29 when my i-20 arrived, tye available dates for interview were in 2022. I asked for emergency appointment but when it was not forthcoming, I engaged an agent to find dates with the reschedule appointment tool for me and I got August 20 appointment. My resumption nis august 18 on my i-20. It was on this forum that I learnt that I can get a revised i-20. In short my revised i-20 reached my email in the midnight of August 20.
Now I must print but my appointment is 7.30 am. I got to the Abuja embassy before 6am. Omo entrepreneurial NIgerians are already on ground! Printing was expensive but I was happy to pay. They also scammed me by saying that my DS 160 submission confirmation read Lagos instead of Abuja and so I must change it to Lagos otherwise they will send me back. I said no but being my first time , I ended up paying. The gate hustlers also condemned my passport photo graph. Anyway Sha I snapped another one. In all I was milked of 22k naira.
I joined the queue at 7.15am. I have read all transcripts here and I was prepared with responses. Someone also coached me the day before interview. I have with me two company certificates, landed property, marriage certificate and many rehearsed speeches on why I will return to Nigeria.
I entered the interview and it was then I knew that my Lagos information for DS 160 is to be transferred to Abuja and I must wait Another 1 hour. It was then I knew that gate hustlers don scam me. While I wait only two approvals were granted and about six denials. At that moment, like a person given life imprisonment sentence, I started imagining how beautiful life under NIgeria and Buhari can be if one accept your fate.
V.o good morning
Me: I'm a teacher and I teach History. ( In the cubicle there was a male white guy standing near the white female interviewer observing the computer screen. The white guy nodded at my response). She typed.
V.o: said something I could not pick. And I told her that please come again. She Held up a slip on which 'thesis was written'.

Me: yes, I've been promised a position there.( The white guy beside her nodded at this)
Me: I became deaf.to other things she was saying but I picked transit and pick up. I was given a white paper and she bid me best of luck.
My interview was less than a minute. Please prayer works! I prayed. My pastor prayed. While at the interview my mum, my dad, my wife, my mother in law and an aunt, my children were praying for me. This is the first time in my life that things that is supposed to be difficult became absolutely easy! It was my first time at any embassy. It was my first application for any visa in this life!

Pls you can reach me on 08147849856 WhatsApp for answers the questions I asked.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by nues012(m): 10:17pm On Aug 21, 2021
Please friends, I have resumption date of Aug 18 on my I-20 and my interview date is Aug 30th, do I need to request for another I-20 that will signify an extension resumption date.

Pls anyone should answer urgently.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TUBLEZ(m): 10:55pm On Aug 21, 2021
People of God ,please how much is medical insurance and which insurance company is the best for this
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Femotech123: 11:56pm On Aug 21, 2021
Who else noticed this on ds160 website hope this will still allow we that defer admission to spring 2022 and waiting for new I20 to let us update our ds160 profile? Please hope it won’t affect? my interview is sep 7 ooo

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Adedapomola1993: 12:20am On Aug 22, 2021
Congratulations...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by itzgbengene: 1:35am On Aug 22, 2021
Guys in Ohio, pls recommend any store or restaurant to get Nigerian dishes or similar to it biko. Na God I dey take beg

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kudith: 3:25am On Aug 22, 2021
Pls how long does Wes evaluation takes ?

And secondly can hnd holder submit hnd transcript for unofficial transcript before evaluation?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kudith: 3:41am On Aug 22, 2021
Any one gotten admission with hnd ? Kindly help list Sch that accept hnd unofficial transcript before evaluation � pls help a sister
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by owagbeba: 5:06am On Aug 22, 2021
Saintkollyjoe:

V.o good morning

Just curious, why we no dey understand when oyibo say “thesis.” Abi school teach us the wrong pronunciation?

Your package makes sense. A history teacher going to research prostitution in colonial Nigeria. To an “oyibo” it correlates.. even more so when the course or research interests the V.O.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by owagbeba: 5:12am On Aug 22, 2021
HorlarJP:

Hello bro
I am in Dubai too trying to start my application
Can we run em together
I sent you a mail already

Just curious, doing this Dubai makes a lot of sense, but how would you answer that ever daunting question, “what do you do UAE?”

Because your job position is on the labor card and visa. Kinda had to burnish the truth over there. What you think?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by uchman(m): 6:15am On Aug 22, 2021
Saintkollyjoe:

V.o good morning

Congrats bro...
My wife is a corper and she read Political Science Education (BSC), graduated with a 2.1,
She also have written TRCN.

I want her to start her US visa journey.

What do you advise?
Where will she start from house?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Saintkollyjoe: 7:54am On Aug 22, 2021
uchman:

Congrats bro...
My wife is a corper and she read Political Science Education (BSC), graduated with a 2.1,
She also have written TRCN.

I want her to start her US visa journey.

What do you advise?
Where will she start from house?

I think she should get her transcript first. Then if she want to go next year, let her start prepping to write gre and TOEFL before November. That is where I believe to start
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by uchman(m): 8:04am On Aug 22, 2021
Saintkollyjoe:

I think she should get her transcript first. Then if she want to go next year, let her start prepping to write gre and TOEFL before November. That is where I believe to start

Thanks bro...
The transcript,
is it the student's copy?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by crowniran(m): 9:35am On Aug 22, 2021
wue1:
Please which school can I apply for spring that will give me full funding I have written Gre industrial engineering or engineering management

Also going for Industrial Engineering.whats your quant score

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by barryken: 10:06am On Aug 22, 2021
Please someone should assist me on how to go about this
Me and my mom want to apply for a visitor's visa to visit my bro in the USA
I want to follow her as a co-traveller.
Do I still need to fill out my ds160 or we can both use her own?
Pls I need you guys response ASAP.
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kelex062: 11:08am On Aug 22, 2021
Kelex062:
Greetings guys.
I am currently in school 300lv studying Mechanical Engineering.
I actually intended to study Computer Science but due to how trash the program is in Nigeria I opted for Mechanical Engineering.
My question is, is it a red flag that I am currently a student here in Nigeria and I am going for an undergraduate program (in Computer Science) in the US?
Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Brawlscartel(m): 11:14am On Aug 22, 2021
Brawlscartel:
People of God... I'm currently studying Bsc microbiology......in UNN....

I wanna do my msc either in USA or Canada ..... Though Canada is first choice due to 2yrs post study work visa...

My question now,after writing GRE and I'm above 300 can I secure either partial or fully funded scholarship??
Also what's the POF for Canada and USA...

I'm yet to decide where to major in msc Sha.. na msc when go land me with quick job Nia I wan reason...
Sha you can still advice me on good msc thanks

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by toffytee: 11:29am On Aug 22, 2021
Kudith:
Pls how long does Wes evaluation takes ?

And secondly can hnd holder submit hnd transcript for unofficial transcript before evaluation?

WES evaluation takes less than two weeks after all your documents has been verified and confirmed by your school. Check the school you want to apply to or mail their graduate coordinator if they accept unofficial transcript. Not all schools in USA requires WES evaluation.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pamelayoung: 12:46pm On Aug 22, 2021
Miene:
Please House I need your help!!!

Where can I do COVID-19 test in Ikeja lagos for travel purposes?

Thanks for the Assistance.

Reddinton
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pamelayoung: 12:53pm On Aug 22, 2021
Saintkollyjoe:
Visa approved at Abuja embassy this morning.
Transcripts.
V.o good morning

My interview was less than a minute. Please prayer works! I prayed. My pastor prayed. While at the interview my mum, my dad, my wife, my mother in law and an aunt, my children were praying for me. This is the first time in my life that things that is supposed to be difficult became absolutely easy!

Can I get the contact of your agent and interview coach please.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Olaoke16(m): 3:31pm On Aug 22, 2021
Kudith:
Any one gotten admission with hnd ? Kindly help list Sch that accept hnd unofficial transcript before evaluation � pls help a sister

Bowling Green State University, Ohio
Missouri science and technology
Florida State University

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NoFap123: 5:53pm On Aug 22, 2021
Saintkollyjoe:

By transcript, do you mean official?
9ja schools no dey give official copy o
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Adem20: 9:08pm On Aug 22, 2021
Guys please, how many days before your interview is advisable to submit your DS-160?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Segzy60(m): 9:36pm On Aug 22, 2021
Please I need information on the
WIU spring 2022 i20. Can I get Gmail or contact so we can chat privately. Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Segzy60(m): 9:38pm On Aug 22, 2021
Please I need information on the
WIU spring 2022 i20. Can I get your Gmail or contact so we can chat privately. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Queenlyt: 12:21am On Aug 23, 2021
Hello everyone on here. I have been a guest for quite a while now, reading and picking up a thing or two but now I really have to make this post and hopefully get responses that help ease my anxiety.
I have been admitted to study Nursing in a school in NYC, to resume this week even, hoping to get a response for my expedited interview request ASAP. I really haven’t seen anyone (Undergraduate Nursing specifically) post transcripts here and I am really curious as to what kind of questions to expect, please I would really appreciate if anyone can help in this regards. I am a Bachelors degree holder, recently completed, yet to do my Youth service, hoping to do it later too.
Also, my I-20 has my resumption date which would not correlate with my actual date of arrival in the US (me speaking with faith), what can I do as regards this?
Finally, I really hope my using my uncle, who is a citizen of the US and currently residing in another state other than the one my school is located, as sponsor won’t be a problem (even though my older sister actually resides in the same state as my school).
I sha have plenty things getting me worried and anxious. Please anyone, help!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.