Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,484 members, 7,816,147 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (470) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1644147 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by nues012(m): 9:40am On Sep 01, 2021
Osof:
Please kindly let us know if there are available date in abuja also, this Is to everyone please.
Also how many times can one reschedule. Thanks as always

For rescheduling, do I need to register as a new user?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Lilbaby23: 9:58am On Sep 01, 2021
AydotNX:
NEVER GET DISCOURAGE ON THIS JOURNEY, JUST REMAIN FOCUS.
3rd attempt at Abuja on August 24 gave me the long await VISA APPROVAL

After my rejection on June 28, I reapplied and available date was December 15. I deferred till Spring 2021.While wait for updated I-20, I keep checking available dates and re-applying for EA. EA was rejected 3 times at ABUJA from July- August 15,2021.On August 16 EA was APPROVED and I changed to September 24 with the hope that I can still make fall 2021 or just wait till Spring 2022. On August 21 I requested for another EA and it was approved within 25 minutes. Available dates was August 24 from September 24, I could not pick the date. It was so close and I stay in Lagos while interview is Abuja. (Friday 21 is not far from Tuesday 24) .After consulting my friends and wife, I picked August 24. Monday night I enter Abuja, after serious prayer and fasting.
10.AM with a young white lady.
V.O : I see you are going to Eastern Michigan UNI. with 100%G.A to for a doc. degree in Eng. Tech.
Me: I said yes ma and i completed the statement by mentioning my area of conc.
V.O : what will you do after this?
me: I will return to Nig. to take the position of the country manager in R&grin in my company
V.O: SHE checked where i work in her system and mentioned it.
me: Yes ma.
v.o: Is your wife travelling with you?
ME: No, she enjoys her career here in Nig. she works in an oil n gas firm( I mentioned the name) as Professional accountant and she has given her support and consent to start the program.
V.O: your VISA will be approved.
ME: I was shocked, just like that. All the questions i prepared for have not been asked. I tried to pay attention to what she was saying after getting the white paper but i did not hear much other corvid 19.... restriction.
I was crying that wao...... this is God. People taught I was rejected. Mean while i dressed very very causal and people were actually looking at me that do i really come for interview. Thank God for everything. This is just to encourage someone, don't give up until you hit the target.

See you at the top.

Congratulations on your approval. I have been denied recently and reapplied and next date available is feb 3rd 2022 and my EA was denied too. Pls can u help me out with few tips to get a nearer date.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Osof: 10:14am On Sep 01, 2021
No you dont
nues012:

For rescheduling, do I need to register as a new user?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by nues012(m): 10:45am On Sep 01, 2021
VO:Where do you work?
Me: Association for reproductive and family health(ARFH) as a health awareness field officer, I teach people five basic rule of health ie how how to maintain and improve their family and reproductive health.
Vo: So what are your plans after this study?
Me: I am coming to Nigeria to take up a higher office of Health awareness Field Officer Supervisor(south west region) as I am on study leave.

Pls check this out guys
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ajibade105(m): 11:04am On Sep 01, 2021
@fairheart, I sent a pm. Can you please check your email.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mikeljims(m): 12:30pm On Sep 01, 2021
My Visa just got Approved!!

Thanks a lot to everyone who gave me one or the other help during this journey! I appreciate �

mikeljims:
Happy Sunday everyone,

Please I have my interview coming up this week and I’ll need all the help I can get. I’m open to any form of support or criticism, or maybe just someone to help me with a mock interview. Any kind of help will be greatly appreciated.

Below preparatory transcript.

Program: Master’s degree in Environmental Sciences (PSM)
School: OSU (Oregon State University)
COA: $54,830
Funding: None
GRE: 299 (AN: 4) wasn’t needed during application
TOEFL: 95 (R:20, L:23, S:23, W:29)
Attempt: First attempt

Where Are you heading to?
I'm heading to Oregon state university for my Professional Science Master's Degree in Environmental Sciences.

Why Oregon state uninersity:

I chose Oregon state university because they offer a Professional Science Master's Degree in environmental Sciences which integrates extra training in Communication, Business management, Ethics and other professional Skills which I will be needing on my return to effectively run the Geophysical services arm of the family business. (****** Geophysical Services) which is where I have been working since after my Bachelor's Degree. These extra trainings are not included in a traditional Science master's program. (just incase they further ask why this school amdist other choices)

Who will be paying for this trip:

My Brother (name) who is in charge of the family business. (****** Nigeria Limited) which is a Geophysical Services Company based in XXXXX. We offer consultation, drilling, installation and maintenace of boreholes. And we are currently looking to improve on ways to better protect the environment while at this.

What do you intend to do with this degree?

I intend to return home to take over the running of the Geophysical arm of the company so my brother can retire.

Married? No

Previous travel? No, I haven't had a reason to.

Please if there’s any documents or paperwork anyone think I might need to carry along aside I-20, Sevis payment receipt, visa appointment confirmation and passport; please don’t hesitate to let me know

Thanks everyone.

9 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Rriol: 12:43pm On Sep 01, 2021
mikeljims:

Thanks a lot to everyone who gave me one or the other help during this journey! I appreciate �

Congrats.
What amount was under family funds on your l-20?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kunlevski003(m): 1:08pm On Sep 01, 2021
mikeljims:

Congratulations!!!
Kindly share your transcript.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kekeakinwale: 1:10pm On Sep 01, 2021
UAVdrones:
You need a new I-20 that indicate when your program is starting.

Please I need the house to help me
I deferred my fall admission because I was not getting a response for emergency interview date, when I finally got a response, the nearest date i got was September 10. Which I picked and I got an undated 1-20 from my sch.
So my question is that
Do I need to fill another ds 160 for my son and I because we are going togther .
Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mikeljims(m): 1:32pm On Sep 01, 2021
Rriol:

Congrats.
What amount was under family funds on your l-20?

$54K

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 1:37pm On Sep 01, 2021
You intend opting for a loan scheme?
mikeljims:

$54K
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tulacious123: 1:38pm On Sep 01, 2021
Good afternoon all.Please I need help with IELTS study materials as I am yet to register but want to study ahead of my proposed date. Thanks

kejuempower@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mikeljims(m): 1:39pm On Sep 01, 2021
Illumined9933:
You intend opting for a loan scheme?

No! The fund is available.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Rriol: 1:45pm On Sep 01, 2021
mikeljims:

$54K

You mean exact amount as your COA ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tulacious123: 2:29pm On Sep 01, 2021
Please I need help with IELTS study materials please help me o. Mr Fairheart, Justwise , anyone please

kejuempower@gmail.com

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 2:31pm On Sep 01, 2021
Alright bro, that's close to 30mil. I'm still studying for my Gre. Hopefully, I get funding.
Congrats once again.
mikeljims:

No! The fund is available.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 2:40pm On Sep 01, 2021
Tulacious123:
Please I need help with IELTS study materials please help me o. Mr Fairheart, Justwise , anyone please

kejuempower@gmail.com

Thanks
why don't you write TOEFL, it's cheaper and easier, and most people on here have the prep materials, tell me if you change your mind.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tmann626(m): 3:11pm On Sep 01, 2021
emmanuelle27:
why don't you write TOEFL, it's cheaper and easier, and most people on here have the prep materials, tell me if you change your mind.
Please i need an urgent advise so that i will be able to make a decision. I got a conditional admission in a university and i was advised to graduate studies academic pathway program. I have an undergraduate degree in computer engineering and i'm planning to go for masters in computer science. should i opt for the graduate studies academic pathway program or i should forgo the conditional admission because i was informed that i-20 cant be issued for conditional admission. Kindly advise
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 3:54pm On Sep 01, 2021
tmann626:
Please i need an urgent advise so that i will be able to make a decision. I got a conditional admission in a university and i was advised to graduate studies academic pathway program. I have an undergraduate degree in computer engineering and i'm planning to go for masters in computer science. should i opt for the graduate studies academic pathway program or i should forgo the conditional admission because i was informed that i-20 cant be issued for conditional admission. Kindly advise
What were the circumstances surrounding your situation that made them give you conditional admission/graduate study pathway, is low GPA? Absence of test scores? Etc, tell us why then we'll know if anybody has the best solution to your problem, but then without i-20 I don't know how you'll convince the VO
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tmann626(m): 4:01pm On Sep 01, 2021
emmanuelle27:
What were the circumstances surrounding your situation that made them give you conditional admission/graduate study pathway, is low GPA? Absence of test scores? Etc, tell us why then we'll know if anybody has the best solution to your problem, but then without i-20 I don't know how you'll convince the VO
it was due to insufficient undergraduate credit hours i.e curriculum deficiencies and my GPA is 2.94 (wes).
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Adlac(m): 5:01pm On Sep 01, 2021
Roxie1:
Visa approved
Abuja embassy
MBA,Minnesota

Female VO
V.O: Good morning
Me: Good morning ma
VO: Place your fingers on the scanner.
VO: place your right finger i didnt get the pinky finger
Me: sorry ma
V.O: I can see you are going to Minnesota for your MBA
Me: Yes i am
VO. What do you do
Me: I currently work as an assistant account officer with xyz, where am in charge of(listed everything i put on my Ds 160)
VO: Have you travelled out before
Me. No i have not
VO: Can you repeat what you said ( brings her ear close to hear)
Me: No i have not

My voice legit started shaking then

VO: How did you find out about the school
Me: I found out about the school through a virtual educational fair in 2020 held by education usa lagos and i went to the school website and checked out the school
VO: During the pandemic
Me: Yes ma
VO. What is your plan after the degree
Me. The degree will qualify me to take up a managerial position that has been offered by xyz company as am currently on a Study leave with them
VO. So you will be coming back to Nigeria
Me: Yes i will
V.O: who is sponsoring you
Me : xyz, my mother’s brother.
Vo: That’s your uncle
Me: Yes
VO: What does he do
Me: He is an established business man, he owns a car dealership where he sells kia Toyota and ( honestly i legit went blank then, couldn’t say anything till my next question and that was not all i wanted to say,i was planning to hype him whella)
VO: Did you apply to other schools
Me: yes, depaul University Chicago
VO: where you admitted
Me: yes i was
I will be approving you visa, i went blank
Got the white paper and i said thank you ma, have a wonderful and lovely day. She started laughing and i left
A big thank you to @damite2ky and @hallelujahvoice you guys are the real deal. Thank you for taking out time to answer my questions no matter how silly it was and everyone who in one way or the other contributed. My little advice to intending visa applicants its better to be over prepared than under prepared then pray. Stand in front of mirrors and practice to build your confidence,practice with hand gestures if it helps you express yourself better, normalise talking to urself about your answers and please dont gram,and when speaking to a VO make it sound like a conversation. Good luck

Congratulations, what was your COA? Any funding or scholarship?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 5:29pm On Sep 01, 2021
mikeljims:

Congratulations.
Check PM.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Temitopebisi: 5:42pm On Sep 01, 2021
emmanuelle27:

Hello, I just sent you an email message.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Lilbaby23: 5:44pm On Sep 01, 2021
AydotNX:
I have read a lot of helpful information on this group and my question is ,after been rejected in June I have tried to reapply but available date is December . My program start August 27. My emergency reschedule mail was denied. Please what can I do? Can I start program online for Fall session,with almost full funding or I should just defer till spring 2022?

Pls after your Emergency appointment was denied. Did you reapply again or what did you do… i deferred my Admission already to spring . Available date i got was feb 3rd… pls help
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by gracecheller: 5:54pm On Sep 01, 2021
Please is it wrong to travel with spouse?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Lubuks: 5:56pm On Sep 01, 2021
Hello Everyone,
Please how soon can I request for an emergency appointment if the start date of my program is Jan 2022 (although earliest admission date on I-20 is Dec 5th). I know the guidance is 60 days but it seems as though some people here have been able to get EA’s more than 60 days earlier.
Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Osof: 5:58pm On Sep 01, 2021
You can always reapply for another emergency appointment
quote author=Lilbaby23 post=105392087]

Pls after your Emergency appointment was denied. Did you reapply again or what did you do… i deferred my Admission already to spring . Available date i got was feb 3rd… pls help[/quote]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by psychologyshuby: 5:58pm On Sep 01, 2021
How many credit hours did you take? And how many credit hours is required?
tmann626:
it was due to insufficient undergraduate credit hours i.e curriculum deficiencies and my GPA is 2.94 (wes).
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Osof: 5:59pm On Sep 01, 2021
I need help also on this, kindly help
Lubuks:
Hello Everyone,
Please how soon can I request for an emergency appointment if the start date of my program is Jan 2022 (although earliest admission date on I-20 is Dec 5th). I know the guidance is 60 days but it seems as though some people here have been able to get EA’s more than 60 days earlier.
Any advise will be greatly appreciated.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 6:00pm On Sep 01, 2021
tmann626:
Does the graduate pathway program come with i-20? If yes, I suggest you go with it and try your luck, but if I were in your shoes, I'll search for schools that will accept me unconditionally with my profile, there'll always be a school somewhere, you can always mail the program or graduate school coordinator and explain your profile to them so u can be sure before applying, Best

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by fabyom: 7:02pm On Sep 01, 2021
Please any info on f2 visa schedule. All I am seeing is next year May/July.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 7:33pm On Sep 01, 2021
Talk to mulerider. He is always gracious in talking to folks with less than 3.0 cgpa.
tmann626:

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.