Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,106 members, 7,814,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (492) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1642132 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by imninja: 7:01am On Sep 19, 2021
brashear:
Please anyone heading to or already in Lamar University should send a DM.

I need to secure accommodation pls.

Please I'm just starting to apply to Lamar but I can't get past the apply Texas profile because it keeps asking for secondary school. Please any help would be appreciated
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Starpro87(m): 8:36am On Sep 19, 2021
Good day, beautiful Nairalands.

Please I have this urgent enquiry to make here.

My in-law has just been handed a formal invitation to the US from a US citizen, for a 3week sojourn, and he has these questions to ask.

1. What, exactly, is the next step he should take?

2. If the next step is visiting the US embassy in Nigeria, what is the validity period within which he must act on that invitation letter?

3. Considering what's going on all around the world, are there certificates/or records as par medicals that he needs to make handy?

4. What other documents is he supposed to have with him, while visiting the embassy?

5. Will he still need the services of any form of agents along the line.

Please could someone help me with robust answers to the questions above?

Please do not limit your answers and advice to the very few concerns I raised.

Thanks all in anticipation.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by oteri08: 8:51am On Sep 19, 2021
Good day Ladies and Gents,

Anyone in urgent need to pay school fees in the United States should please contact me. DM me 08182339894....or call 08023783669...

Best of luck in your endeavours
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Predstan: 9:52am On Sep 19, 2021
oteri08:
Good day Ladies and Gents,

Anyone in urgent need to pay school fees in the United States should please contact me. DM me 08182339894....or call 08023783669...

Best of luck in your endeavours

Lol… People that want to pay tuition will not know the right way except through you scammers?

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by teetop02(f): 10:18am On Sep 19, 2021
hongeorge:

Same here!

Pls is anyone here that applied to Western Illinois University’ spring 2022 session and has been given admission? I applied since August and haven’t heard from the school
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Erudite77: 11:48am On Sep 19, 2021
morgang:

Not sure if anyone has addressed your question yet. But let me chip in my one kobo-

Check BGSU website- department of English, I assure you, if you meet up with the requirements, you will get admitted. A friend who just graduated with an MA in English tipped 3 of his ex classmates and they are here now.

However, my suggestion is not limited to BGSU. Do your homework and you’ll realize that even Music department has funding.

Kindly remember that writing a GRE and maybe English proficiency increase your chances of admission.

Goodluck

May God Almighty bless you.

Thanks for this.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by FOF4u: 2:56pm On Sep 19, 2021
SimonWales:

Yes you can. There are schools that accepts 2.2 you just have to do your research in finding the school.

However, you can join the U.S. Visa Applicants Virtual Hangout if you need close voluntary assistance to help you find direction and get your application right.

Registration is totally free and there is no payment of any kind to be part of the hangout. We don't encourage you pay agent or anyone to get your application done. Just know the standards, requirements and then, DO IT YOURSELF.

Join here
https://mailchi.mp/c6ca2c2ab811/us-visa-applicants-hangout

are you sure of this because many links out to hack innocent information....
#Nohardfeeling#
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by lokoventurex1(m): 3:28pm On Sep 19, 2021
Good afternoon great people. I'm actually new on this thread, but taken a giant stride out of the many advices, comments and suggestions the Gurus' have given here.

I have now seen a school to apply to in the US and also seen their major requirements. They actually waived application fee for the 2021/2022 academic session, waived GRE and but keen about English proficiency ( I'll find a way around this).

The school also has funding opportunities., And it's open to all. My question is if I'll be starting my application, how do I go about the funding opportunities the school has? Or is it just straight to the application and when the time reaches the fees and tuition, I'll now explore the funding? I honestly don't know. Please help me with answers to my questions.

There's no link to explore the funding and i do not know if sending a cold email will fix this.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Elderbet02: 5:46pm On Sep 19, 2021
I did my interview at Lagos
I’m going for an associates
Time; 7:00am
Date; Tuesday June 1st ,2021
Status; Approved
I should have sent this a long time ago but I’m honestly just having the time now. Most importantly I want to emphasize that all this is nobody but GOD. I also want to thank God for all the nairalanders, you guys are awesome for creating a platform like this, it really helped me prepare and build up all my points and that’s why I’m giving back . I was going for an associates and I was granted. There is nothing impossible for God to do and I pray He grants unto you all your heart desires . Amen.

V.O : Good morning, pass me your passport and I-20
Me : Good morning ( passed it)
V.O : Where are you going ?
Me : I am going to Essex County college at Newark, New Jersey to obtain an associates degree in biology after which I will transfer to a 4 year university to obtain my bachelor’s degree.
V.O : What did you say you would do after the associates degree ?
Me : On completion of 60 credits I will transfer to a 4 year university, Montclair State University to obtain my bachelors.
V.O : How did you find out about the school ?
Me : I used google and websites like usnews.com
V.O : So you searched only New Jersey area ?
Me : Yes, my uncle stays in New Jersey so it will be easier to get to school.
V.O : So you will be staying with your uncle ?
Me : Yes, the school doesn’t have room and board so I was asked to provide a sponsor for room and board.
V.O : Who is your sponsor ?
Me : My Uncle
V.O : What does he do ?
Me : He owns and runs a ******** in ****** , New Jersey, ( *****mentioned the name of the company here)……he actually searched it up
V.O : What will this degree do for you ?
Me: I want to become a biomedical researcher and I intend to work at the Nigerian Institute of Medical Research and come back to impact the knowledge and skills I have gained to improve the health sector and do my best.
V.O : Congratulations, I will be approving your visa, come pick it up in 3 days at ( showed me on the white paper ) and gave me the white paper
Me : Thank you(smiled of course)

Glory to God because He did it, even, when I was doubting myself because I was going for associates and my sponsor was in the US. Honestly at some point you’d be anxious( towards the end when I said and do my best ��even me I was confused cos’ that was a mistake) but there’s nothing to be afraid of, he didn’t even ask for my sponsors bank statement at all. Just pray, prepare and do your best. Thank you Nairaland ❤️.

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kaey10(m): 8:35pm On Sep 19, 2021
Osof:
Same also
have been able to access it, cos i still cant access it oo it ooo it keeps saying unable to validate recaptch
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kentos13: 8:41pm On Sep 19, 2021
Elderbet02:
Status; Approved
I should have sent this a long time ago but I’m honestly just having the time now. Most importantly I want to emphasize that all this is nobody but GOD. I also want to thank God for all the nairalanders, you guys are awesome for creating a platform like this, it really helped me prepare and build up all my points and that’s why I’m giving back . I was going for an associates and I was granted. There is nothing impossible for God to do and I pray He grants unto you all your heart desires . Amen.

Me : I am going to Essex County college at Newark, New Jersey to obtain an associates degree in biology after which I will transfer to a 4 year university to obtain my bachelor’s degree.
Me : On completion of 60 credits I will transfer to a 4 year university, Montclair State University to obtain my bachelors.
Me : Yes, the school doesn’t have room and board so I was asked to provide a sponsor for room and board.
Me : He owns and runs a ******** in ****** , New Jersey, ( *****mentioned the name of the company here)……he actually searched it up
Me: I want to become a biomedical researcher and I intend to work at the Nigerian Institute of Medical Research and come back to impact the knowledge and skills I have gained to improve the health sector and do my best.
V.O : Congratulations, I will be approving your visa, come pick it up in 3 days at ( showed me on the white paper ) and gave me the white paper

Glory to God because He did it, even, when I was doubting myself because I was going for associates and my sponsor was in the US. Honestly at some point you’d be anxious( towards the end when I said and do my best ��even me I was confused cos’ that was a mistake) but there’s nothing to be afraid of, he didn’t even ask for my sponsors bank statement at all. Just pray, prepare and do your best. Thank you Nairaland ❤️.

congratulations, pls any funding

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Laworldz: 9:18pm On Sep 19, 2021
I think I remember you, You’re slim and very young. I was on the queue and when I heard associate degree, I was telling myself they won’t give this girl, but you were so bold, vocal and so so confident that along the line I started telling myself that this girl might just get it. And you did. People at my back just said ‘wow’
Congratulations

Elderbet02:
Status; Approved

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 10:01pm On Sep 19, 2021
Attend Ball State University graduate admissions info session this Thursday and have your $60 fall application fee waived!! thay have also waived the TOEFL requirement for nigerian applicants but as a Nigerian WES evaluation is required finally you may need the GRE depending on the program you're going for. (waived for Ms Chemistry and Biology applicants but you're advised to secure a faculty advisor before applying i.e not compulsory tho), here's the registration link to the virtual info session https://www.bsu.edu/calendar/events/admissions/graduate-information-sessions/2021/9/23/info-session-graduate-admissions-general?date=2021-09-23 Good luck y'all.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by MiamiePizza(m): 4:38am On Sep 20, 2021
lokoventurex1:
Good afternoon great people. I'm actually new on this thread, but taken a giant stride out of the many advices, comments and suggestions the Gurus' have given here.

I have now seen a school to apply to in the US and also seen their major requirements. They actually waived application fee for the 2021/2022 academic session, waived GRE and but keen about English proficiency ( I'll find a way around this).

The school also has funding opportunities., And it's open to all. My question is if I'll be starting my application, how do I go about the funding opportunities the school has? Or is it just straight to the application and when the time reaches the fees and tuition, I'll now explore the funding? I honestly don't know. Please help me with answers to my questions.

There's no link to explore the funding and i do not know if sending a cold email will fix this.
Just apply following the necessary steps and upload your docs. For some schools you can not apply for fundings until you admitted, for some you can only apply for fundings withing some given period (it may be October- December or May to June as the case may be), in short it just depends on the schools sha. For the school I applied to, financial aid web will be open from early next month all through to I think January (not sure I'll check again) for Fall 2022 applicants.
Don't for get to keep visiting the school website, FAQ site and search on google.
Addition, dey try add quora or nairaland to your search on google... Most of this questions have been answered here and on quora.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mickeybook(f): 7:05am On Sep 20, 2021
Laworldz:
I think I remember you, You’re slim and very young. I was on the queue and when I heard associate degree, I was telling myself they won’t give this girl, but you were so bold, vocal and so so confident that along the line I started telling myself that this girl might just get it. And you did. People at my back just said ‘wow’
Congratulations

So you went their and turned yourself to assistant VO... To even be telling your self they won't give this girl is more devastating

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Laworldz: 7:18am On Sep 20, 2021
Shut your stupid mouth and get lost you idiot. When you are on the queue, and you listen to conversations you’ll know what the outcome will be from the conversations and you’ll know when grace and luck play out and when someone has done so much assignment and will also be shocked when some are turned down. Shut your stupid mouth
Mickeybook:
So you went their and turned yourself to assistant VO... To even be telling your self they won't give this girl is more devastating

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mickeybook(f): 7:22am On Sep 20, 2021
Laworldz:
Shut your stupid mouth and get lost you idiot. When you are on the queue, and you listen to conversations you’ll know what the outcome will be from the conversations and you’ll know when grace and luck play out and when someone has done so much assignment and will also be shocked when some are turned down. Shut your stupid mouth
From your statement "when I heard associate degree, I was telling myself they won't give this girl" You already concluded her matter before she could even start defense of her case,Hehe ... Is that how vo operate? Owrong na! By the way, can you please share us your own personal transcript? Afterall, you were not on queue just to see who will get approve and who will get a reject

11 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Laworldz: 7:32am On Sep 20, 2021
She’s going to a community college. How many community college visa is approved? Since you want to be stupid. Go and apply to a community college and come back to share your experience.
She was 100% prepared and presented her case so well even though the school could have turned the VO off. Another VO could have frowned at it but she was so smart and gave a fight to get it. That’s why they advise all of you here… TO HAVE SENSE. Clearly, you lack it. Now do you know the reason for my statement? Receive sense and get lost this Monday morning.

Mickeybook:
Hehe, Please can you share us your own personal transcript? Afterall, you were not on queue just to see who will get approve and who will get a reject

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mickeybook(f): 7:43am On Sep 20, 2021
Laworldz:
She’s going to a community college. How many community college visa is approved? Since you want to be stupid. Go and apply to a community college and come back to share your experience.
She was 100% prepared and presented her case so well even though the school could have turned the VO off. Another VO could have frowned at it but she was so smart and gave a fight to get it. That’s why they advise all of you here… TO HAVE SENSE. Clearly, you lack it. Now do you know the reason for my statement? Receive sense and get lost this Monday morning.

Using constant abusive words on an harmless person you have never met speaks Volume about your person

12 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by MiamiePizza(m): 8:17am On Sep 20, 2021
Mickeybook:
Using constant abusive words on an harmless person you have never met speaks Volume about your person
No vex, this is Nigeria and almost everybody is angry grin Dollar is now 570 me self I'm angry...

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mickeybook(f): 8:23am On Sep 20, 2021
MiamiePizza:

No vex, this is Nigeria and almost everybody is angry grin Dollar is now 570 me self I'm angry...
Lol, I honestly understand but we should all endeavor to dicipline ourselves...

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kentos13: 8:34am On Sep 20, 2021
Good morning , pls has anybody schedule appointment date this last week ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Laworldz: 8:41am On Sep 20, 2021
zukwanike!!! , nobody has time to feed your emotions. Grow up! God bless!

Mickeybook:

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ayo84(m): 10:43am On Sep 20, 2021
Do you know whether one can get companies in the usa that could engage one as a consultant and freelancer and process your visa to the uk
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by odidimekun: 12:40pm On Sep 20, 2021
Hello everyone please I want to know if I can still apply for an emergency interview after using it the first time but my visa was denied. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ObodoNaija(f): 1:29pm On Sep 20, 2021
Good day all, I am currently feeling my DS160 and there is a space to fill Passport book number, what should I fill there? My second question is, in a case where you dont have a relative in the US what should one fill below?

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Christabeliciou: 1:51pm On Sep 20, 2021
Fill in the address of where you intend to stay as long of contact.
Fill in your passport number

ObodoNaija:
Good day all, I am currently feeling my DS160 and there is a space to fill Passport book number, what should I fill there? My second question is, in a case where you dont have a relative in the US what should one fill below?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Christabeliciou: 1:52pm On Sep 20, 2021
Fill in the address of where you intend to stay as point of contact.
Fill in your passport number

ObodoNaija:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Airn: 2:14pm On Sep 20, 2021
I plan to apply for fall next year too o

hongeorge:

Same here!

Pls is anyone here that applied to Western Illinois University’ spring 2022 session and has been given admission? I applied since August and haven’t heard from the school
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Shanid(m): 3:10pm On Sep 20, 2021
PLEASE ,HOPE A 140K SALARY ISNT TOO MUCH AT THE EMBASSY FOR SOMEONE GOING FOR Msc. NOT SELF SPONSORED THOUGH..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Lovethchisom(f): 3:46pm On Sep 20, 2021
Gent2nice:
You can send another one, the tab should be active again following a denial of EA. Is it for Spring or fall resumption and have you had denied visa interview recently?

Thanks for your response and also sorry for my late response.
Its for Spring 2022, My interview date is Dec 15th. I was asked to reply again when its 60 days to my travel date.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Lilbaby23: 4:03pm On Sep 20, 2021
Lovethchisom:

Thanks for your response and also sorry for my late response.
Its for Spring 2022, My interview date is Dec 15th. I was asked to reply again when its 60 days to my travel date.

You are lucky sef. My interview date i booked 2days ago was September 2022 and school resumes spring(January) . Will just have to hold on to 60days to resumption has advised to.

Good luck!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.