Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,302 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (585) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1655231 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Femotech123: 1:51pm On Nov 19, 2021
Rriol:

Thank you but I keep getting this message ‘Delivery fail’ The email address address you entered couldn’t be found

I think you are mistyping the email just copy and paste:::::

LagosStudents@state.gov make sure you type it like this or copy and paste it to your email bro
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dlordy100: 2:05pm On Nov 19, 2021
Lustre23:
Good afternoon everyone
Kindly help me out.
If they're asking for a bank statement of let's say $30k does it mean they available balance has to be $30k or it's the inflow into the Acc that should be $30k

Kindly help me out�
The balance should be more
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by CalmCasy: 2:07pm On Nov 19, 2021
Femotech123:

I think you are mistyping the email just copy and paste:::::

LagosStudents@state.gov make sure you type it like this or copy and paste it to your email bro

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by DahOriginal(m): 2:35pm On Nov 19, 2021
Please house where can i get cheap flights trying to book to the United States but its showing outrageous prices
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Femotech123: 2:35pm On Nov 19, 2021
CalmCasy:
Kindly check your email bro

Okay I dy here now ask anything bro.. unless I got home before I can access my mailbox that will be at night sha
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by MakaveliTheDon(m): 2:54pm On Nov 19, 2021
Hello a could you please assist with a template to request for surge?

Femotech123:
Have got a date in December guys at Lagos. I only send all require documents to there email. On my Cgi profile I can’t even book a date because it keep saying no appointment available..
if you need surge date email your necessary document to them no need of rescheduling anything or checking date on cgi just email them they will respond. May God be with us Amen.

Pls I need mock interview anyone who can help pls

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by We4all: 3:15pm On Nov 19, 2021
Muleriders:

In terms of funding and Stem OPT, choose chemistry.
In terms of career transition and less "shalaye" during interview, choose MBA.

I won't really suggest education because they are less funded compared to stems. And your chances of fitting into US teaching system is low as a black African immigrant compared to USC. Also, it's hard for schools to file H1b visa for international students of education because they have teachers yapa in the US. and if your plan is to return back to naija, I don't think any secondary school will pay you more than 150k monthly salary which isn't a good ROI on your education.

Bottom line, it's up to you to decide what you want and the career path to choose

Great job bro! Your contributions here are the best. Can you believe I read all your posts? I once asked about MBA programs in affordable schools for a younger cousin of mine and you mentioned SAU.

I would like an honest opinion from you. Firstly, will 6M be just enough to cover for both tuition and living expenses (including medical insurance)for the first year?

Secondly, are tuition fees paid per semester or yearly? Someone mentioned that the school compels students to pay complete tuition for the first year.

Thirdly, the juicy part. Are on-campus jobs very competitive? What’s the percentage chance that he will get a job within 3 months of resumption?

Fourthly, speaking from experience, would you advise him to take a chance and travel to the US with his limited funds?

Lastly, is it cheaper to have on-campus accommodation? Between on and off-campus boarding, which would u recommend? Does accommodation comes with furniture?

Looking forward to your response.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Felixnyle: 3:20pm On Nov 19, 2021
Please who has applied to UMBC or has experience with the application process?I have a question. The research paper that is requested for doing the application process is how many pages?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Zeezu3104: 3:45pm On Nov 19, 2021
Rhonah:

Lets say like 45k and above should be fine
Hello Rhonah please can I email you I want to ask you questions about GRE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Zeezu3104: 3:49pm On Nov 19, 2021
Good day everyone please I’m new here is there anyone with a reliable contact about GRE test centres or tutors link. I’ll appreciate your responses thanks all
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mog1457: 4:22pm On Nov 19, 2021
Rriol:

Thank you but I keep getting this message ‘Delivery fail’ The email address address you entered couldn’t be found
Baba go abuja
Your destiny wants you to go there and go succeed
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by adeheritage: 4:45pm On Nov 19, 2021
Hello Everyone,

I have read up some comments here but will really appreciate some guidance as to how to navigate the rest of the process...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by adesco2k9: 4:45pm On Nov 19, 2021
Pls I have sent emails to the surge mails but no automated response either , or maybe how long to get a response
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mojolajesu(m): 4:55pm On Nov 19, 2021
The email you are using is incorrect. “s” missing from students

The correct is

LagosStudents@state.gov

Rriol:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Rriol: 5:03pm On Nov 19, 2021
mojolajesu:
The email you are using is incorrect. “s” missing from students

The correct is

LagosStudents@state.gov

Thanks a lot.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Rriol: 5:05pm On Nov 19, 2021
Mog1457:

Baba go abuja
Your destiny wants you to go there and go succeed

Have finally gotten the correct email and it went through
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mog1457: 5:09pm On Nov 19, 2021
Rriol:

Have finally gotten the correct email and it went through
Ok bro
Expect a mail back before night or tomorrow morning by God’s grace

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Omini247: 6:07pm On Nov 19, 2021
Waposh:
Pls I heard there is a WhatsApp group for aspirants wanting to study in US universities

Kindly add me to the group here is my number
Me too 08056030658
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Shalom152: 6:15pm On Nov 19, 2021
Please the email I got was the enquiry email and nothing more, what could be the meaning or should I just wait
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Rriol: 6:15pm On Nov 19, 2021
Mog1457:

Ok bro
Expect a mail back before night or tomorrow morning by God’s grace

I pray so bro but I’m a lady though
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by lokoventurex1(m): 6:27pm On Nov 19, 2021
Good evening good people.

Please I need our advice on how to go about my situation. I've just been admitted into University of Arkansas Little Rock for Masters of Business Administration with concentration in Accounting.

I actually just got the admission some few days ago for 2022 Spring Semester. So I decided to confirm when my classes would starts. I was told Spring Semester commences January 18, 2022.

The notice is to short for me. I've read here many times how it takes forever for visa appointment be made possible.

Is it ideal for me to defer the admission to a later admission window or I go ahead with it ?

If I would need defer it, is it okay as well to submit my POF in order to get the I-20 form so as to secure the admission?

Our suggestions will do me a lot of good and I'll appreciate...

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Shanid(m): 6:33pm On Nov 19, 2021
MY INTERVIEW IS COMING UP NEXT WEEK..I NEED A MOVK INTERVIEW PLEASE �
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chimdy2015: 7:01pm On Nov 19, 2021
Congratulations. I recieve this type of goodnews. Does this come with accomodation. If it doesn't, you may need to show funds for one year accomodation. 2-3bedroom house becos your fam is 4people in number. Plus You can also keep upkeep of 30k a year for your kids and wife assuming the stipends is for your own upkeep. Thats wat i think. About immunisation, check with the school your kids will attend. U can email them. Then your skol should have provided u wit d impt immunisation. My skol provided it and put a hold on registration till u submit your immunisation records. Takia

adeheritage:
Hello Everyone,

I have read up some comments here but will really appreciate some guidance as to how to navigate the rest of the process...

Some weeks ago, I got a Ph.D. admission, it was recently followed by a GTA interview,

some days ago, I got an email that I have been selected; tuition waiver + $ 1,995 monthly stipends.

However, my spouse and two kids are supposed to accompany me.

what range amounts (In Naira) should I show in the statement of account to avoid glitches?

what vaccinations are we supposed to get?

any other information, I will really appreciate.
Thanks in anticipation

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chimdy2015: 7:08pm On Nov 19, 2021
Hi i think you still have enough time. So submit your proof of funds and get your i20, soft copy i20. Pay your sevis. Pay 4 your visa appointment and send a mail to the surge email. It will take about 5days to get everytin in place. U will do ur interview in dec. Unless u r not ready mentally to go in jan. Then u can defer your admission. Cheers

lokoventurex1:
Good evening good people.

Please I need our advice on how to go about my situation. I've just been admitted into University of Arkansas Little Rock for Masters of Business Administration with concentration in Accounting.

I actually just got the admission some few days ago for 2022 Spring Semester. So I decided to confirm when my classes would starts. I was told Spring Semester commences January 18, 2022.

The notice is to short for me. I've read here many times how it takes forever for visa appointment be made possible.

Is it ideal for me to defer the admission to a later admission window or I go ahead with it ?

If I would need defer it, is it okay as well to submit my POF in order to get the I-20 form so as to secure the admission?

Our suggestions will do me a lot of good and I'll appreciate...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by cliffton: 7:42pm On Nov 19, 2021
So I went for my F1 visa interview today. I got the white paper but the VO told me she will be placing me on administrative processing until am able to ask my school to give me a new i20 with the TA I said they gave me in fall 2021.

But i think she didn't really hear me well. I told her i had a TA but couldn't continue due to the fact that I didn't get an early date.

Please what could this mean gurus?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Shanid(m): 8:50pm On Nov 19, 2021
MY INTERVIEW IS COMING UP NEXT WEEK..I NEED A MOcK INTERVIEW PLEASE @WALEPEPE @ADECROWNX This is my Whatsaap number 08132261343...i got email notification but I can't find the mail in my inbox...pleasehelp

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bukhety(f): 9:23pm On Nov 19, 2021
cliffton:
So I went for my F1 visa interview today. I got the white paper but the VO told me she will be placing me on administrative processing until am able to ask my school to give me a new i20 with the TA I said they gave me in fall 2021.

But i think she didn't really hear me well. I told her i had a TA but couldn't continue due to the fact that I didn't get an early date.

You better plead with the school to give u the TA. I do not think you can get an approval without it.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Waskylala: 9:32pm On Nov 19, 2021
Good evening gurus
Please I just received my letter of admission into University of District of Columbia, can I still get a date for interview ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Boonducks101: 9:36pm On Nov 19, 2021
I don't really think that was the basis of your refusal. Rather I'll say you could have done better with your response on Why did you choose BGSU? Also, for the VO to also ask about your sponsor, I think she was on to something. I'll suggest you take the cue and package your response when you reapply.

Harbolaji23:
Good afternoon everyone..
I have been on this groups which I have learn a lot but today I got my visa denied in Abuja and I will like to share my transcript

I think I was denied cos i could not convince the VO that I will be coming back

Re apply
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mojolajesu(m): 9:42pm On Nov 19, 2021
does the school input in the i20 that you have TA?

I think that has to be through the admission letter huh?
cliffton:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Boonducks101: 9:51pm On Nov 19, 2021
Hi Cletus,

I'm still learning here and not sure if I am best candidate to proffer an answer for you. However, I'd like to point the following.

1. Your I-20 states Personal funds, I think that means self funded (not 100% sure of this but please ask around). If your uncle was funding, it should have been under family funds.

2. Your undergrad degree and your current admission aren't exactly in line. I think you can still pull it off but you must have an extremely strong statement to back up your MPA. It is usually advisable to follow the same line of study else you go for an MBA

3. Your job description also sold you out. It's mostly advised that you have an experience in the field you're apply to/for.

I hope this helps and I pray you get your answers here

DaddyOshea:
Hello fam! I’m Cletus from Ghana. I was denied a visa today at the American embassy in Accra. I have been granted admission to pursue Master of Public Administration with the Evergreen State College in Olympia Washington. I will like to share my transcript here and solicit for fresh ideas as to how to go about the interview the next time as I plan to reapply. My undergrad degree was in Real Estate. No funding but the money involved isn’t much of a problem as my uncle had catered for that already. Find transcript below,

Me: Good morning.
VO : What are you going to do?
Me: To pursue a Master of Public Administration.
VO: I see $44,000 as personal funds on your I-20, who’s paying?
Me: My uncle
VO: What does he do?
Me: He’s a supplier for Chemico fertilizer in the 5 northern regions of Ghana. He also exports crushed Shea nuts and cashew nuts too.
VO: Is he married?
Me: Yes please
VO: Does he have kids?
Me: Yes please. Two kids
VO: What work do you do?
Me: I sell agricultural products and I am a farmer as well.
VO: Are you married.
Me: No, but I have two kids.
VO: Sorry I can’t grant you the visa.
Me: thank you!

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Fredony: 10:33pm On Nov 19, 2021
Hello everyone. I heard there's a groupchat here meant for checking interview dates. Please can i be added 08163784672

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.