Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,766 members, 7,813,543 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:40 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (675) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1641350 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) (677) (678) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Badguy001(m): 7:38pm On Dec 23, 2021
ibcircuit:
Hello House,

Does this write up fit for an EA application ? ;

I write to request the need for an emergency appointment for my visa interview nearer than January 06, 2022, as the school program begins on January 18, 2022, while the international orientation program comes up on January 13, 2022. Moreover, there is a need for me to have arrived there like ten days earlier due to the quarantine exercises that I will need to undertake. I will really be happy if I am considered for the appointment. Thank you for your understanding.

Lagos Consulate !!!

Do you already have an EA for January 6 from Lagos?
If not, just switch to Abuja! Lagos is a precarious affair! It's not worth the long wait! Plus: late arrival letter, etc can always be got from your school!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Babnxst93: 9:10pm On Dec 23, 2021
Who else got admitted to ball state university for fall admission? Please if there is a group for those going to ball state university this coming fall please add me

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by princetx(m): 10:01pm On Dec 23, 2021
Good evening all.
Do you have any idea if US embassy asks for statement of account. As in, are they interested in knowing how much you have in your bank account?
Is there a space where you will be required to fill how much you have in your account for studies when filling DS-160 form?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kelex062: 10:07pm On Dec 23, 2021
princetx:
Good evening all.
Do you have any idea if US embassy asks for statement of account. As in, are they interested in knowing how much you have in your bank account?
Is there a space where you will be required to fill how much you have in your account for studies when filling DS-160 form?
During the interview, they sometimes ask for the statement of account.
And No, there is no space where you would be required to fill how much you have in your account for studies when filling DS-160 form, although but rarely you might be asked how much your sponsor makes.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by princetx(m): 10:12pm On Dec 23, 2021
Kelex062:

During the interview, they sometimes ask for the statement of account.
And No, there is no space where you would be required to fill how much you have in your account for studies when filling DS-160 form, although but rarely you might be asked how much your sponsor makes.

Interesting. Which means one can travel to US for study wheee tuition is around $8000 with personal account of 6 million.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Salsabil88: 12:36am On Dec 24, 2021
Adeenine1:

Hi xxxscholar, I just sent you an email. Please kindly respond. Thank you.
HI xxxscholar how can I communicate with you?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Salsabil88: 12:50am On Dec 24, 2021
Hi guys I got denied under section 214b at Abuja embassy on Nov 4th.
Heres my transcript and I will be deferring my admission to properly restructure for new interview.
Vo: After greetings with the Mr Korean.
He asked me where I'm going to study.
Me: University of Findlay.
Vo: which course
Me: masters of science in environmental safety and health management.
Vo: I see you have funding how will you cover the deficit
Me: my uncle is gonna pay for me he works at yzx
VO: have you travel out of the country
Me: Yes.
He handed me the blue paper.

My observations are: I indicated that I'm single, & my last job was in Dubai which I recently quit because I have to come to Nigeria for visa. So this shows that I don't have strong ties in Nigeria like wife, job or investment.
Now in my next application for visa I want to indicate that I have married within the last 4 month, I have 7 siblings & my parents and I have a new job with my salary like 515k & will change my sponsor to my father from my uncle or can I use a company as a sponsor with the agreement of deducting 30% from my salary after coming back? Kindly advise me thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Teejay13(m): 1:06am On Dec 24, 2021
sewenzie:
Visa approved on Tuesday. First attempt.
PhD. Full scholarship from school(TA) Was asked the following questions.

1. I see that you have a scholarship, how did you get it and why this school?

Answer: I was able to get a mentor from the school who I had been relating with for a while. The mentor recommended me. Also, the school is affiliated with the school where I did my masters.

2. Ok. What is the name of the school where you did your masters.

Answer: Told him the school.

3. What do you want to do after you are done with this program?

Answer. I want to be a lecturer.

4. You mean you want to teach?

Answer: Yes

5. Where do you want to teach?

Answer: At the University of Lagos where I also have a mentor that I have been working with.

6. Okay. I see that you have some personal funds here. This is too little. How do you expect to support yourself (I put $1000 in my i20 as personal funds).

Answer: I will use my personal savings.

Then he gave the golden answer. “Your visa will be approved…. “. He seemed pleasant and smiled sometimes.

Was also the first to be approved on Tuesday.
I give glory to God.
I thank all the contributors to this forum as well. Reading here helped me prepare.

Congratulations bro, please what was your overall CGPA in your first and second degree? and also how were you able to secure the scholarship, as I intend also applying for a PhD program

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Salsabil88: 1:55am On Dec 24, 2021
xxxscholar:

Send them an email ASAP. They will reshedule you.
Hi guy I got denied under section 214b at Abuja embassy on Nov 4th.
Heres my transcript and I will be deferring my admission to properly restructure for new interview.
Vo: After greetings with the Mr Korean.
He asked me where I'm going to study.
Me: University of Findlay.
Vo: which course
Me: masters of science in environmental safety and health management.
Vo: I see you have funding how will you cover the deficit
Me: my uncle is gonna pay for me he works at yzx
VO: have you travel out of the country
Me: Yes.
He handed me the blue paper.

My observations are: I indicated that I'm single, & my last job was in Dubai which I recently quit because I have to come to Nigeria for visa. So this shows that I don't have strong ties in Nigeria like wife, job or investment.
Now in my next application for visa I want to indicate that I have married within the last 4 month, I have 7 siblings & my parents and I have a new job with my salary like 515k & will change my sponsor to my father from my uncle or can I use a company as a sponsor with the agreement of deducting 30% from my salary after coming back?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gmull3r: 3:12am On Dec 24, 2021
Hello everyone, please does anyone know how one can get dollars at cbn rate as a student going to the USA? The person has booked flight and it’s one way, so PTA might not be an option. Kindly treat as urgent, he leaves in two days. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by thyril1: 3:41am On Dec 24, 2021
fantabulous08:

I’m sorry about that.
What supporting documents did you submit and what strong reason(s) did you give?
I’m sorry about this but you need to give them a good reason:

I talked about the international orientation dates and how important it is to be available for it.
I also mentioned my earliest resumption date and the date I scheduled for my visa before applying for an EA.
I talked about the time frame that’s expected for students to resume as requested by the school authorities.
Mentioned that I needed to familiarize myself with the environment, also get accommodation.
Then I pleaded that they should grant my request
Hi there, is it possible for someone to fill ds-160 form and apply for an EA before paying for visa app fee?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by thyril1: 3:47am On Dec 24, 2021
Chairperson:
My people how una dey? I have a question oh! If one got an appointment through EA but was unfortunately denied the visa. Can the person apply for a 2nd EA in another location 2 weeks later and get approval for the EA?
someone with genuine experience should assist us to answer this question Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Maggie44(f): 8:29am On Dec 24, 2021
Pls is anyone in Los Angeles here. Pls kindly connect to me

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by vanessa969: 9:18am On Dec 24, 2021
Students can get PTA with one way ticket now, so go ahead to the bank and request

quote author=Gmull3r post=108766718]Hello everyone, please does anyone know how one can get dollars at cbn rate as a student going to the USA? The person has booked flight and it’s one way, so PTA might not be an option. Kindly treat as urgent, he leaves in two days. Thanks [/quote]

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by uchennangene(f): 9:57am On Dec 24, 2021
For people whose Visas were delayed, how are you coping?

I’m sincerely running out of my mind. Can’t even concentrate in other things. Have been perpetually sad since my visa was delayed. 3rd Dec.
Tried to get another date but the second EA was denied. Lagos.

And I think what’s making me feel this way is that all my friends (4) got theirs approved. Na only me remain like this��.

Meanwhile my transcript

VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning

V0: You’re going to Texas A& M ?
Me: Yes

V0: what course?
Me: Masters in Business Analytics

VO: You graduated 2015, what’s your undergraduate studies?
Me: Accounting

VO: so why are you going for your masters now? After so long?
Me: I gave one explanation that I can’t even remember sef. Sincerely.

VO: are you engaged?
Me: (I think this was where I bleeped up. I said yes but that’s a lie). It was nervousness o

VO: when?
Me: Last month.

VO: sorry you’re not qualified for this visa…

My nervousness came as a result of denials flying up and down. I think I’ve already given up hope before approaching the VO when it got to my turn. About 20 people went before me, only one approval.

I’m slowly losing my mind I swear. This was not the plan o��

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by macsilver(m): 10:17am On Dec 24, 2021
uchennangene:

I’m sincerely running out of my mind. Can’t even concentrate in other things. Have been perpetually sad since my visa was delayed. 3rd Dec.

And I think what’s making me feel this way is that all my friends (4) got theirs approved. Na only me remain like this��.

Meanwhile my transcript

Me: (I think this was where I bleeped up. I said yes but that’s a lie). It was nervousness o

My nervousness came as a result of denials flying up and down. I think I’ve already given up hope before approaching the VO when it got to my turn. About 20 people went before me, only one approval.

Take it easy Uche, don’t beat yourself up or get frustrated. God brought you this far and He would see you through. People who did way better at the interview got denied and those who didn’t do as much as you did got accepted as well.

Don’t lose your mind ooo… God will surprise you. We would read your good news on this page pretty soon.
Congratulations in advance

9 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by KayKayShanana: 10:51am On Dec 24, 2021
Take it easy man, you can do better next time.
Delay isn’t denial, get a grip of yourself and continue with your regular activities.

Prepare on how you will do better next time and just stay focused.
Good news is on its way for you.�

uchennangene:

Meanwhile my transcript

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mojolajesu(m): 11:11am On Dec 24, 2021
It’s been crazy on my part too. You are not alone.

I have been trying to get a new appointment ever since I got denied on Dec 1st but to no avail.

I can’t really help it. It’s affecting me at my current work place sef. I am just praying and hoping for a miracle.
uchennangene:

Meanwhile my transcript

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by SaMajeste(f): 11:28am On Dec 24, 2021
vanessa969:
Students can get PTA with one way ticket now, so go ahead to the bank and request
Which bank please? Access bank insisted on it.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chairperson: 11:44am On Dec 24, 2021
uchennangene:

Meanwhile my transcript

Hhmm my visa also got delayed yesterday at Abuja sad
I want to try and see if i can get a second EA approval. The thing don scatter my family's plan too sef!
Anyways like i always encourage people, delay is not denial so I'm definitely not going to lose hope or give up!
Let's remain positive smiley

9 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Coloniel5000(m): 12:22pm On Dec 24, 2021
Hi EVERYONE, PLEASE IM APPLYING FOR PHD FALL 2022, DEADLINE IS CLOSE AND I NEED TO PAY FOR APPLICATION FEE, I'M FINDING IT DIFFICULT TO PAY FROM NIGERIA...CAN I GET HELP....THANK YOU SO MUCH.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 1:36pm On Dec 24, 2021
Gmull3r:
Hello everyone, please does anyone know how one can get dollars at cbn rate as a student going to the USA? The person has booked flight and it’s one way, so PTA might not be an option. Kindly treat as urgent, he leaves in two days. Thanks

He can get bit from mallam and when he get to US, he can get from fellow students that will want to send naira home.

Best of luck

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Heya93: 3:59pm On Dec 24, 2021
Finally, my visa got approved. After emailing them last week, as advised here, I got a mail from them the next day, saying I should drop my passport with DHL, which I did without hesitation. I collected my passport yesterday. I can't thank God enough, and I thank you all here for your advice. For those still having cases similar to mine (administrative processing), I wish you luck. From my experience, I learnt one should message them as frequent as possible so they would not forget one's case.

Heya93:
Hi friends,
Please advice me. I'm losing it, cus I don't even know where I stand exactly. I reported this on the 10th of Nov, and till date, they've not gotten back to me. My resumption date is 3rd Jan. I emailed them, and they said they will contact me once the admin processing is over. Remember, my passport is with me �. Do I still stand a chance? When I check my visa status, I see that "a VO has refused ur visa... If you were informed by the consular officer that your case was refused for administrative processing, your case will remain refused while undergoing such processing. You will receive another adjudication once such processing is complete". I've seen that most people placed under administrative processing have their passport collected. I'm so worried. Has anyone had a case similar to mine? Please let me know how it ended.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bukhety(f): 5:50pm On Dec 24, 2021
Heya93:
Finally, my visa got approved. After emailing them last week, as advised here, I got a mail from them the next day, saying I should drop my passport with DHL, which I did without hesitation. I collected my passport yesterday. I can't thank God enough, and I thank you all here for your advice. For those still having cases similar to mine (administrative processing), I wish you luck. From my experience, I learnt one should message them as frequent as possible so they would not forget one's case.

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Poddy(m): 6:22pm On Dec 24, 2021
maridrug:
University of Maine students please kindly update.
How is life in Maine?
:[ Still looking for how my application fee can be waived.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bukhety(f): 6:36pm On Dec 24, 2021
If you apply to the University of Florida, fall 2022, pls let's connect.
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 7:09pm On Dec 24, 2021
My people what do you do if you're waitlisted by a grad school (Ms application). are you supposed to just wait and look or follow up with an email or is there something else?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Olufreaks: 7:25pm On Dec 24, 2021
Hello people, Compliments of the season.
Pleas anyone here going to Rochester, RIT precisely?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Badguy001(m): 7:43pm On Dec 24, 2021
Hello peeps! Does anyone know how the whole international passport thing goes these days? Express. Apparently, my passport expires December, 2022 before my program end date. Since it is stated that one must have a valid passport throughout their program duration, I guess I have to renew my passport right away.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Olufreaks: 8:47pm On Dec 24, 2021
Hello People,
Pls has anyone ever used the link below to purchase PTA. I will like to know how seamless it was please. Its a NIBSS portal and i dont think a student needs a return ticket to apply. I just applied using the link, y'all can try too.
https://fxservice.nibss-plc.com.ng/v1
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TheSociopath(m): 5:58am On Dec 25, 2021
Coloniel5000:
Hi EVERYONE, PLEASE IM APPLYING FOR PHD FALL 2022, DEADLINE IS CLOSE AND I NEED TO PAY FOR APPLICATION FEE, I'M FINDING IT DIFFICULT TO PAY FROM NIGERIA...CAN I GET HELP....THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Send me a PM

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) (677) (678) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.