Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,173 members, 7,821,979 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (707) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1648802 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (704) (705) (706) (707) (708) (709) (710) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Omoola11: 1:58pm On Jan 13, 2022
pufframmy:
wow this a good favour from Above i wish to tab in this one oo

Congratulations
Please can share your email address, I want to ask a personal question. Mine is yinkaomo@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mojolajesu(m): 2:26pm On Jan 13, 2022
Bro, I can say if you have a chance or not. You also have to know that getting admission, visa processings and getting it approved requires time for effective planning. Tho things takes some people months to put together.

There is not fast lane to anywhere worth going bro.

My 2 kobo
TabletMan:
Do I have a chance of getting admission without GRE?
As GRE will take months of preparation and I'll like to get admission as fast as possible.

Thanks for your prompt reply.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mojolajesu(m): 2:30pm On Jan 13, 2022
It purges your information after the first 30 days of filling. The VO have access to your information as long as you have filled it once but you wouldn’t after 30days of submitting it.

This is to the best of knowledge tho
uchennangene:

Wait, the old one expired 30 days ago but they already have your information saved on their system right?

So even if it takes 6 months before one goes back again, they can retrieve the old information? Or they can’t anymore?

Someone should please explain
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mojolajesu(m): 2:33pm On Jan 13, 2022
hello bro, would you be willing to help review my DS-160? My interview is next week
ifedayosol:
If you have old or expired int'l passport, please go with it ooo. A lady was kept aside cos she did not come with her expired int'l passport. I don't know if she was lata attended to. I went with mine and I was asked to bring it out for physical examination.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by busayofunke: 2:48pm On Jan 13, 2022
I want to wish everyone of us a successful outing at any embassy. Also, i would like to thank the admin of this platform for creating this platform.

FIRST ATTEMPT
VISA APPROVED

VO: Checked my I20 and said " Can see you are going to College of Saint Rose for Masters in Computer and Information Science"
Me: Yes sir, with a concentraitor in Data Analytics.
VO: Where do you work?
Me: I work with xxxxx and i work in the data analytics department.
VO: who is sponsoring you?
Me: He is a business man, he's into real estate and has restaurants in some part of Abuja.
VO: Restaurant:
Me: yes sir
VO: How many staff does he have?
Me: He has over 200 i think.
VO: started typing
Me: He sponsored my undergraduate study and wanted me to further immediately after my study but told him i needed to gain skill.
VO: Xxxxx organization right?
Me: Yes sir
VO: Can see that your application is okay. Gave me white paper and told me to follow the instruction on how to get my passport

All I can say is thank you Lord. He didn't ask for my employment letter or POF

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ifedayosol(m): 3:04pm On Jan 13, 2022
I think I was there when you were interviewed. I remember some of those lines above. Congratulations

Azeez360:
First Attempt
COA: 27,952
Funding: 8,362
Deficit: 19,590

VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning ma, How are you doing today?
VO: I see you are going to Lamar university to study Environmental Engineering
Me: Yes
VO: What do you do currently?
Me: I work as an Environmental Engineer at Bleep company.
VO: What do you intend to do after your studies?
Me: I will be coming back to take up the role of a senior engineer at my current place of work. I have been offered the role and this master's degree is a prerequisite to taking up the role.
VO: Who will be paying your deficit?
Me: my elder brother and his wife will be paying my deficit.
VO: What does your brother do?
Me: He is the founder and CEO of Bleep company, the company I work.
VO: what kind of company is this?
Me: It's an oil and gas consulting firm where we train, do inventory and supplies, and also consult for major oil companies in Nigeria like NPDC, NAPIMS, DPR, ND Western, Seplat, and the likes. (she was typing while I was saying all these, I was saying their full meanings too tho)
VO: Okay, your visa is approved.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Koko0: 3:05pm On Jan 13, 2022
busayofunke:
I want to wish everyone of us a successful outing at any embassy. Also, i would like to thank the admin of this platform for creating this platform.

FIRST ATTEMPT
VISA APPROVED

VO: Checked my I20 and said " Can see you are going to College of Saint Rose for Masters in Computer and Information Science"
Me: He is a business man, he's into real estate and has restaurants in some part of Abuja.
Me: He sponsored my undergraduate study and wanted me to further immediately after my study but told him i needed to gain skill.
VO: Can see that your application is okay. Gave me white paper and told me to follow the instruction on how to get my passport

Congratulations.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ijchichi5190: 3:34pm On Jan 13, 2022
ifedayosol:
I want to wish everyone of us a successful outing at any embassy. It's not easy but with luck and favour from our creator, we will pull through. Thanks to everyone that has contributed in one way or the other.

Here is my transcript.

First attempt
COA: $37,248
Funding: $35,052
Deficit: $2200

VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning.

VO: let's start with you biometrics.
Me: okay. I placed my fingers and all were captured.

VO: Thank you
VO: So you are going to Tennessee technological university for you masters program in chemistry right?
Me: Yes

VO: What do you intend to do after the program
Me: I intend to return back to Nigeria(VO cuts on)

VO: please speak up.
Me: now in louder voice - I intend to come back to Nigeria (VO cuts in)

VO: congratulations, I will be approving your visa, take this white paper to guide you in collection process, congratulations to you
Me: Thank you.

Even though I believed that my DS-160 was well detailed,I still need no one to tell me that I was lucky today.

Congrats ,I want this type of favour soonest

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by SomtoObu(f): 3:40pm On Jan 13, 2022
[quote author=phemorhino post=109320305]
God bless you too
Which school is that please?[/quote
North Carolina central university.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ijchichi5190: 3:47pm On Jan 13, 2022
Congratulations

busayofunke:

FIRST ATTEMPT
VISA APPROVED

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Christabeliciou: 3:51pm On Jan 13, 2022
Congratulations to everyone approved, and to the ones that are yet to be interviewed.

Kindly assist with a strong wording to describe my husband job. He is into sales of Aluminum for building roof construction in Lagos and Enugu. If I am am ask what does my husband do. Please help me construct it well o, cos I can see the way some people make their presentation and I love it.

Pls note that both of us has been denied twice in 2015 & 2016, first was convention, 2nd was Vacation on 10th year Anniversary. However we have 2children

Ijchichi5190:

Congrats ,I want this type of favour soonest
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Zegeze1989: 3:54pm On Jan 13, 2022
[quote author=gbarinze post=109330294]

Just generate a SEVIS fee payment coupon. Then go to the bank and pay through Western Union. OR alternatively, contact someone in US to help you pay while you send him the money.

The fee is (officially) $350 for F1 visa applicants.[/quo

Please how can I generate the SEVIS coupon?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Newskooltins: 3:58pm On Jan 13, 2022
Congrats to all the people that got approved. Anybody wey Dey Abuja suppose see a guy with newspaper and folder With a grey color suit. Anyway sha my visa was a goal. Transcript go drop soon via my PA MOSHKOM. I prank my wife say I no collect visa and all my family but later I gats open up. Omo crazy things Dey happen as I collect visa drive comot for embassy police arrest me for breaking traffic law. I park for middle of road for highway thinking say I don park properly for corner inside joy as I de make call. Make I finish this Campari wey I de drink I go give Una all the full gist from start to finish. I been even fill place of birth as mequon instead of adamawa. My brother n sister if you give up na you fuckup. Besides e get one guy I give sweet for embassy e pain me as the guy say them no give am. I go like make the guy link up with me. Transcript coming soon.

12 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tinafusty: 4:02pm On Jan 13, 2022
busayofunke:

FIRST ATTEMPT
VISA APPROVED

Which embassy?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TabletMan: 4:16pm On Jan 13, 2022
mojolajesu:
Bro, I can say if you have a chance or not. You also have to know that getting admission, visa processings and getting it approved requires time for effective planning. Tho things takes some people months to put together.

There is not fast lane to anywhere worth going bro.

My 2 kobo
Thanks bro.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ijchichi5190: 4:19pm On Jan 13, 2022
Hello informed ones,,I'm new here ,a friend suggested this trend to me and I wish you to help me out please because I'm very confused now.

Firstly I got admission to study Masters in Chemistry this Spring session and classes starts by January 18 2022 but unfortunately for me I got denied on 15th Nov 2021 for F1 visa at Abuja Embassy from one slim VO American guy ,I can't really pinpoint the reason for my denial. I was on 50% Dean's Scholarship also.

I was advised to reapply but atleast give sometime before doing that so as not to show being desperate even though I had no time again. So on the 15th Dec 2021 I reapplied and got a far date which is on July 2022.So I applied for Expedient, wrote to them the reason and uploaded the necessary documents to prove why I applied for Expedient and was shattered when their mail came in that my Expedient is denied.
From my research, I found out that I can't apply for Expedient again with same DS-160 Application, so right now I'm stuck with this very far date and have updated School of my recent situation which they asked that my admission be deferred to Fall session.

Note that my ist visa application, I got a far date in June 2022,but applied for Expedient and got Closer date which was Nov 15th 2021 for my ist visa interview and did exactly same for my second Expedient application but got denied.

Please my questions are,don't pass me by please.

1.Is it advisable for me to defer my admission to fall session, note that deferring this admission to fall session automatically cancels my 50% Dean's Scholarship award given to me ,the scholarship is non-transferable as indicated in the letter. Meaning I'm left with only admission without the Scholarship OR is it better I cancel this admission and start fresh by seeking for an admission from same University? Or another University?

2.I have paid my Sevis fee on Nov 2021,which expires by Nov 2022 ,,,.I want to also seek admission from other Universities while waiting for the best option, if I'm lucky to get admitted in another American University with funding,and I decide to go for it,can I use same Sevis Fee payment receipt for the school?.

3.Since my current school of admission suggested that I defer this Spring admission and I have already filled my DS-160 form for Spring Session,paid for visa fee and picked date which is July 2022 for visa interview,filled date of School resumption and when I intend traveling if I get Visa and school is asking that I defer my admission so I can use the interview date for Fall session,please how possible is it to use same DS-160 for Fall session interview since I already filled information containing Spring resumption. Can i make any changes or do I have to reapply for another DS-160 and pay for visa fee again?

Please I'm sorry for the long epistle, I'm confused and would appreciate your help.

God bless.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ijchichi5190: 4:22pm On Jan 13, 2022
Please I'm seeing @Walsmart here ,as one of the helpers.Can someone please tell me how to contact him personally, my pleasure or anyother gurus that can help me with ideas.Thank you.

Ijchichi5190:
Hello informed ones,,I'm new here ,a friend suggested this trend to me and I wish you to help me out please because I'm very confused now.

Firstly I got admission to study Masters in Chemistry this Spring session and classes starts by January 18 2022 but unfortunately for me I got denied on 15th Nov 2021 for F1 visa at Abuja Embassy from one slim VO American guy ,I can't really pinpoint the reason for my denial. I was on 50% Dean's Scholarship also.

I was advised to reapply but atleast give sometime before doing that so as not to show being desperate even though I had no time again. So on the 15th Dec 2021 I reapplied and got a far date which is on July 2022.So I applied for Expedient, wrote to them the reason and uploaded the necessary documents to prove why I applied for Expedient and was shattered when their mail came in that my Expedient is denied.
From my research, I found out that I can't apply for Expedient again with same DS-160 Application, so right now I'm stuck with this very far date and have updated School of my recent situation which they asked that my admission be deferred to Fall session.

Note that my ist visa application, I got a far date in June 2022,but applied for Expedient and got Closer date which was Nov 15th 2021 for my ist visa interview and did exactly same for my second Expedient application but got denied.

Please my questions are,don't pass me by please.

1.Is it advisable for me to defer my admission to fall session, note that deferring this admission to fall session automatically cancels my 50% Dean's Scholarship award given to me ,the scholarship is non-transferable as indicated in the letter. Meaning I'm left with only admission without the Scholarship OR is it better I cancel this admission and start fresh by seeking for an admission from same University? Or another University?

2.I have paid my Sevis fee on Nov 2021,which expires by Nov 2022 ,,,.I want to also seek admission from other Universities while waiting for the best option, if I'm lucky to get admitted in another American University with funding,and I decide to go for it,can I use same Sevis Fee payment receipt for the school?.

3.Since my current school of admission suggested that I defer this Spring admission and I have already filled my DS-160 form for Spring Session,paid for visa fee and picked date which is July 2022 for visa interview,filled date of School resumption and when I intend traveling if I get Visa and school is asking that I defer my admission so I can use the interview date for Fall session,please how possible is it to use same DS-160 for Fall session interview since I already filled information containing Spring resumption. Can i make any changes or do I have to reapply for another DS-160 and pay for visa fee again?

Please I'm sorry for the long epistle, I'm confused and would appreciate your help.

God bless.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Christabeliciou: 4:25pm On Jan 13, 2022
Congratulations to everyone approved, and to the ones that are yet to be interviewed. Am excited about this platform as being informative and educating without holding back kudus.

I know this might not be the platform, but I trust your judgement and input with experience so far to assist with your own understanding and opinions.

Kindly assist with a strong wording to describe my husband job. He is into sales of Aluminum for building roof construction in Lagos and Enugu. If I am ask what does my husband do. Please help me construct it well o, cos I can see the way some people make their presentation and I love it.

Pls note that both of us has been denied twice in 2015 & 2016, first was convention, 2nd was Vacation on our 10th year Anniversary. However we have 2children which we didn't take with us to the embassy, and then my job pay was not robust then, was going with my husband as he was the main applicant, no travel history on both of us then.

Since after then I got a better job by his grace, and was able to go on vacation to Ghana twice, Dubai, UK, back from UK, renewal of UK Visa currently with a valid UK Visa. I plan vacation alone this year from my place of work, in my DS160 on the section of why denied I stated , denied based under section 214b. So peradventure am ask why was I denied twice and what has changed ? What do you consider appropriate as a response.

Kindly assist with the following:
Why were you denied?
What has changed?
Why is your husband and children not going on vacation with you?

Thanks a lot for your response and contribution

Ijchichi5190:
Please I'm seeing @Walsmart here ,as one of the helpers.Can someone please tell me how to contact him personally, my pleasure or anyother gurus that can help me with ideas.Thank you.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ijchichi5190: 4:33pm On Jan 13, 2022
Woa,Congratulations cheesy

quote author=Newskooltins post=109337768]Congrats to all the people that got approved. Anybody wey Dey Abuja suppose see a guy with newspaper and folder With a grey color suit. Anyway sha my visa was a goal. Transcript go drop soon via my PA MOSHKOM. I prank my wife say I no collect visa and all my family but later I gats open up. Omo crazy things Dey happen as I collect visa drive comot for embassy police arrest me for breaking traffic law. I park for middle of road for highway thinking say I don park properly for corner inside joy as I de make call. Make I finish this Campari wey I de drink I go give Una all the full gist from start to finish. I been even fill place of birth as mequon instead of adamawa. My brother n sister if you give up na you fuckup. Besides e get one guy I give sweet for embassy e pain me as the guy say them no give am. I go like make the guy link up with me. Transcript coming soon. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Habs4800: 4:37pm On Jan 13, 2022
Newskooltins:
Congrats to all the people that got approved. Anybody wey Dey Abuja suppose see a guy with newspaper and folder With a grey color suit. Anyway sha my visa was a goal. Transcript go drop soon via my PA MOSHKOM. I prank my wife say I no collect visa and all my family but later I gats open up. Omo crazy things Dey happen as I collect visa drive comot for embassy police arrest me for breaking traffic law. I park for middle of road for highway thinking say I don park properly for corner inside joy as I de make call. Make I finish this Campari wey I de drink I go give Una all the full gist from start to finish. I been even fill place of birth as mequon instead of adamawa. My brother n sister if you give up na you fuckup. Besides e get one guy I give sweet for embassy e pain me as the guy say them no give am. I go like make the guy link up with me. Transcript coming soon.
congratulations bro, who interviewed you ??

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Habs4800: 4:40pm On Jan 13, 2022
Delayed 10th Abuja

White bald guy

I told him I am married and I am self sponsored, also my school already resumed on the 3rd of January and they gave me extension too
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by MelaninGemstone(f): 4:41pm On Jan 13, 2022
busayofunke:

FIRST ATTEMPT
VISA APPROVED

Congrats, what’s your cost of attendance and deficit ? Was there any funding ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Marvliz: 4:46pm On Jan 13, 2022
Hello
I am new here and I need help with my DS160 and my interview is scheduled for this month
I have been refused three times in 2018 to study business administration at undergraduate level
I had my first degree in History and international relations in 2016 and also a degree in political science but I want to switch to nursing now and I have been admitted for summer 2022.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Babnxst93: 5:04pm On Jan 13, 2022
Hello guys

So here is the issue I’m bothered with I was recently giving admission but I’m yet to get funding as I’m currently awaiting decision for my GA and the cost of attendance is $36,931 but here is the thing I’m been asked to send in my bank statement so they can send in my i20 so I decided to book Mpower loan of $30,000 so my i20 can be issued but what I’m thinking is that I hope it’s not too small in case I’m lucky enough to get early visa date while I wait for funding decision since my course is a 2 year course and the VO asks how I plan on paying the remaining funds or they are only going to look at a year payment for my fees ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Babnxst93: 5:07pm On Jan 13, 2022
Is it Abuja?
busayofunke:

FIRST ATTEMPT
VISA APPROVED

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by learner007(m): 5:21pm On Jan 13, 2022
cuttingedge:
Good afternoon all, my wife and I applied for PhDs at Southern

Allow me to add my two cents. First, you didn't specify your resumption semester, but I'll presume it's Fall 2022. The national deadline for acceptance offers is April 15th, so you still have time to consider your options. However, based on what you stated above, I believe your wife has a good possibility of bringing you and your family to America for the following reasons:

1. Because a VO recognizes the value of a strong support system, it is easier to persuade them that a genuine student is traveling with their family for a program that will take at least four years to complete, especially if they are fully funded.

2. Your wife works as a lecturer and you have a business. Those are solid hometies right there.

3. I don't think the VO will be too concerned about money [if he or she has a strong sense of geography] because the cost of living in Carbondale or Edwardsville is modest and your family size is reasonable.

4. If your admission decision does not favor you in any way, you can always reapply once you arrive, and then switch your visa from F2 to F1 without having to travel back and forth.

In summary, you can proceed with her application while you and your child follow her as F2. All the best!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Poddy(m): 5:48pm On Jan 13, 2022
bukhety:

Did not write GRE! Applied to only schools that waived.
Course: Communication Studies
Yes, the University of Alabama is inclusive.
Waow Communication Studies.
Could you please help review my SOP?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Babnxst93: 5:55pm On Jan 13, 2022
Please assist me oo
Babnxst93:
Hello guys

So here is the issue I’m bothered with I was recently giving admission but I’m yet to get funding as I’m currently awaiting decision for my GA and the cost of attendance is $36,931 but here is the thing I’m been asked to send in my bank statement so they can send in my i20 so I decided to book Mpower loan of $30,000 so my i20 can be issued but what I’m thinking is that I hope it’s not too small in case I’m lucky enough to get early visa date while I wait for funding decision since my course is a 2 year course and the VO asks how I plan on paying the remaining funds or they are only going to look at a year payment for my fees ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by gbarinze(m): 5:55pm On Jan 13, 2022
Congratulations to you!

busayofunke:

FIRST ATTEMPT
VISA APPROVED

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dfutbolar: 6:30pm On Jan 13, 2022
Christabeliciou:

Kindly assist with the following:
Why were you denied?
What has changed?
Why is your husband and children not going on vacation with you?

Thanks a lot for your response and contribution

I doubt they will ask you why you were denied in 2015. I feel this would have been asked if it was a F1 visa and was as recent as 6 months ago.

A whole lot has changed for you and your new job is a great home tie as well.

Your husband and children were not going on vacation because it was a work trip kind of vacation.

And as regards what your husband does, its still what he does you will say but you'll learn to sell him. I guess he is your sponsor.?

My husband is the Ceo and founder of so so and so Company that has been in existence since so so so year and registered with the CAC. The company is well known in the South South region and South West Region of Nigeria because they are the major distributor of aluminium sheets to both government and private individuals. Be ready to answer questions like how many staff does he have and branches of offices. Just sell him yet trying not to tell a lie.
Good luck.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gokoyer1401: 6:48pm On Jan 13, 2022
Thanks ma'am. Do you have an idea how much will be needed at minimum for 2 kids and my wife as POF?
bukhety:

In think you should be more concerned about the POF needed for them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (704) (705) (706) (707) (708) (709) (710) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: bimsbabe(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.