Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,607 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (714) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1648084 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (711) (712) (713) (714) (715) (716) (717) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by hopefulmindhdd: 6:24am On Jan 17, 2022
neurosci:

What's your high school transcript like? What were your grades - SS1 to SS3?
My percentage for my final term in SSS class was 73.9%.
It dances pretty much from 65% to 75%.
I think they don't just base the decision on my results alone it's holistic they compare it other members of my class . But my overall percentage is above the class average (60.5%)
My percentage 73.9%
Class average 60.5%.
I hope it's good enough.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by hopefulmindhdd: 6:27am On Jan 17, 2022
Moshkom:

Kindly drop me your email or DM Me, lemme ‘hook you up’ with a younger one there also on undergraduate level, in your age bracket. To mentor you.

Luck!

Done!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by neurosci: 6:48am On Jan 17, 2022
hopefulmindhdd:

My percentage for my final term in SSS class was 73.9%.
It dances pretty much from 65% to 75%.
I think they don't just base the decision on my results alone it's holistic they compare it other members of my class . But my overall percentage is above the class average (60.5%)
My percentage 73.9%
Class average 60.5%.
I hope it's good enough.
It all depends on the school you’re applying to - different schools with different policies. But what I’m asking is your GPA. Sounds like this would need to be evaluated to see where your GPA falls. Anything from a 3.7/4.0 and above would give you an excellent shot.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 6:51am On Jan 17, 2022
hopefulmindhdd:
Good evening everyone. I'm a prospective student wanting to study for my undergraduate degree in the US most preferably. My question is that I have started processing admission into a Nigerian tertiary (when I wrote JAMB) institution but along the line when I finished my SSCE last year, my plans to study in the US became more feasible . Although my results weren't as superb as to what you'd see online but it ranges from A to C . Sorry for the lengthy explanation above . The question is that should I finish the processing or I should just focus fully on the US's ?
I just want my preparation to be holistic by having in mind whether or not it would affect my profile negatively or positively when I get to the Visa application stage.

You should continue with both processing to be on a safer side.
Best of luck

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 6:51am On Jan 17, 2022
Hamilah:
Salam alaykum. Thank you sis. Kindly check ur mail

Wa'alaykumus salaam. I've replied
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 6:56am On Jan 17, 2022
Afesdiddy:
Please house have been asking any cheap university in America one can apply for

There's nothing "cheap" about studying in the US but you can get affordable schools if you want to pay out of pocket without any assistantship. Infact, you can apply to any school as long as you can afford it. Use Google to search for Schools that offer your course and you're good to go. You can either pay yourself or apply and get funding.

Best of luck

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by phemorhino(m): 6:58am On Jan 17, 2022
Jjsilver:
Good evening to u all.
Please I'm new here...
Looking for school that gives scholarships to students that have second class lower division.
Pls I need the list of these schools
Wll be happy fr quick response
Thanks
I sent you a pm
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NYCnextStop(m): 8:46am On Jan 17, 2022
UmmZayd:

There's nothing "cheap" about studying in the US but you can get affordable schools if you want to pay out of pocket without any assistantship. Infact, you can apply to any school as long as you can afford it. Use Google to search for Schools that offer your course and you're good to go. You can either pay yourself or apply and get funding.

Best of luck
Quite insightful.

What are the steps for applying for a funding... I mean is it before or after securing an admission?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 8:54am On Jan 17, 2022
Canada2021:
Bro thanks for your response. By mostly do you mean I should reduce the number of relatives I state in the ds160 or I say I don't have entirely

You don’t have any there at all, is the best bet.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oluh: 9:26am On Jan 17, 2022
Please I need anyone who can help with mock interviews. Please anyone here, my interview is by February for summer resumption. Please anyone here that can connect me. I feel I’m not fully grinded.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oyinade98: 9:28am On Jan 17, 2022
Moshkom:

Please, kick search your INTERVIEW DATE search now and try get a date in the bracket of 60days before your August resumption. PLEASE!

You should fill your DS160 within 1month of your Interview date. You need some info on the Ds160 to complete the visa date page, so you fill both hand-in-hand and can submit this or that before that and this.

Shalom!

Hello, does this mean that if I get my admission now for July/August resumption, I should wait till around may/June before filling the DS-160 form?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 9:33am On Jan 17, 2022
Oyinade98:

Hello, does this mean that if I get my admission now for July/August resumption, I should wait till around may/June before filling the DS-160 form?

Yeah.

After admission - you collect your i20 - pay for SEVIS - fill ds160 - pay for interview - start looking out for dates - then interview

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 9:35am On Jan 17, 2022
lily156:
Good evening everyone. I will be applying for a student visa for Summer 2022.
My questions are:
1) I had a B1/B2 that expired in 2020. Am I eligible to do dropbox for a student visa?
2) I already have an interview date to renew the B1/B2. The date is in 2023. Will that affect my dropbox for the student visa. Do I have to first cancel the B1/B2 interview date?
Thanks in advance.
No. 1 Nigerians are no longer eligible for Drob box
No. 2 according to someone with similar situation here who emailed the embassy, they said they May cancel your initial B1/B2 interview if you're to schedule for F1, so you just have to prioritize.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 9:39am On Jan 17, 2022
Olatemmanuel01:
Good day everyone, please I have a question and I would love to be enlightened on it. I just finished my secondary school in 2019 but I become a student of a tertiary institution this year. But before I became a student I was learning programming and IT related stuff. Please, what can you advice me to put in my DS160 when asked about my occupation . should I say I am a student whereas I just became a student this year or I should say I have been learning programming.
Because I got to know this is a vital question that is always asked by a consular from an undergraduate.
Am in anticipation for your replies.
You can say that you're currently attending a boot camp were you're learning some coding and programming languages, preferably if you're going for a CS degree it'll be helpful, or you link the programming to however it'll be relevant to the degree you're going for

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by gbarinze(m): 9:42am On Jan 17, 2022
Moshkom:

Please, kick search your INTERVIEW DATE search now and try get a date in the bracket of 60days before your August resumption. PLEASE!

You should fill your DS160 within 1month of your Interview date. You need some info on the Ds160 to complete the visa date page, so you fill both hand-in-hand and can submit this or that before that and this.

Shalom!

Thank you for this
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mojolajesu(m): 10:14am On Jan 17, 2022
Hello all,

Anybody having interview tomorrow in Abuja? Please reach out @ Addisa.baba@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Canada2021: 11:47am On Jan 17, 2022
Moshkom:

Thank you bro
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ijchichi5190: 12:05pm On Jan 17, 2022
Please house can someone suggest for me ,an amount I can put down here.Whether to write Zero amount or not.I'm applying for full funding for Masters program in this school by filling out the form.

Thanks

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Yummie81: 12:12pm On Jan 17, 2022
Hello Gurus in the house. What advise do you have for someone that is above 40 years that just want to start this journey of Msc in USA. What are his chances of succeeding from getting admission to applying for visa an also completing the program.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by crowniran(m): 12:15pm On Jan 17, 2022
Why pay $220 for GRE or $195 for TOEFL exams. Our subsidised price goes for 66k for GRE and 65k for TOEFL. This offer is valid till Feb 1.

You get free premium materials when you register with us

WhatsApp : 08135076974

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Soulvein: 12:16pm On Jan 17, 2022
Moshkom:

So someone whose sister works as a professor in the USA cannot use his sister as a sponsor? This is quite absurd.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by djkolz: 12:29pm On Jan 17, 2022
Hello Guys,

Please can someone who resides in the US pay the SIVES fee with a credit card on my behalf?

I'm asking this because on their website it says credit card payments are not allowed for residents of Nigeria.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by djkolz: 12:31pm On Jan 17, 2022
@walspring, please I'd really appreciate your response as well.

Thank you.

djkolz:
Hello Guys,

Please can someone who resides in the US pay the SIVES fee with a credit card on my behalf?

I'm asking this because on their website it says credit card payments are not allowed for residents of Nigeria.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Cap91: 12:38pm On Jan 17, 2022
Please I applied for summer 2022, my school resumed on 13th January but up till now I am unable to create a profile. Please what do I do? I am confused. Normal classes starts today. Please suggest to me what to do.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kayi174: 12:38pm On Jan 17, 2022
I need help.
My program start date is today, January 17th and I’m now applying for ea appointment. What exact documents should I submit for my ea application?
And I what should I put in as my reason since today the program start date has passed now.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 1:15pm On Jan 17, 2022
Soulvein:
So someone whose sister works as a professor in the USA cannot use his sister as a sponsor? This is quite absurd.

Maybe; Maybe NOT.

Firstly; how did the said SISTER entered USA?? If it’s VISA LOTTERY then that’s safe (Because that’s the only legal way immigrants were legally allowed in to STAY permanently then).
If not, just don’t bother to complicate things for the ‘two both of you’. Lol

Imagine she entered via F1 route, and we know the main purpose of Visa interview is to let them know we’re coming back to our home country after study, now she stayed back and possibly get her papers (which is against her ‘promise’ during the interview). Now, somebody RELATED to her ‘you’ wants to come via same route (even if not same route), won’t she advise ‘you’ to also stay back?? Which they don’t want!

My 2cent.

Shalom!!!

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by phoyeks: 1:26pm On Jan 17, 2022
lily156:
Good evening everyone. I will be applying for a student visa for Summer 2022.
My questions are:
1) I had a B1/B2 that expired in 2020. Am I eligible to do dropbox for a student visa?
2) I already have an interview date to renew the B1/B2. The date is in 2023. Will that affect my dropbox for the student visa. Do I have to first cancel the B1/B2 interview date?
Thanks in advance.

Just like it was answered earlier, no more dropbox in Nigeria for now.
Are you renewing your B1/B2 alone or with your family? If you are renewing alone, you can update your DS160 application, changing your B1/B2 to F1. Since your scheduled date is in 2023, you have nothing to lose, cancel your appointment, submit your updated DS 160 reflecting the F1 and pick a fresh date which will still be in 2023. You can now expedite your appointment 60days before your resumption date.
In expediting, if you qualify for interview waiver, you will be notified. For now, only those qualified for the interview waver scheduled for Jan 18th -25th are being considered. Based on my personal findings.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Marvliz: 1:26pm On Jan 17, 2022
Pls how do I send a DM
UmmZayd:

DM
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by phoyeks: 1:31pm On Jan 17, 2022
Cap91:
Please I applied for summer 2022, my school resumed on 13th January but up till now I am unable to create a profile. Please what do I do? I am confused. Normal classes starts today. Please suggest to me what to do.

You applied for Summer 2022, can your classes start today Pls re-confirm your start date.
It is well with you. wink

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Olatemmanuel01: 2:22pm On Jan 17, 2022
emmanuelle27:
You can say that you're currently attending a boot camp were you're learning some coding and programming languages, preferably if you're going for a CS degree it'll be helpful, or you link the programming to however it'll be relevant to the degree you're going for
[/b][b][b][/b]

The problem now is I want to study microbiology, so they don't really go in line with each other. But I am also currently studying microbiology in university.. So should I put in the ds160 that I am a student or still still say I am learning programming which i used for my last ds160 which I got denied?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by djkolz: 2:27pm On Jan 17, 2022
Guys please I really need your response ����

Please.

djkolz:
Hello Guys,

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oyinade98: 2:37pm On Jan 17, 2022
Moshkom:

Yeah.

After admission - you collect your i20 - pay for SEVIS - fill ds160 - pay for interview - start looking out for dates - then interview

Alright, Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (711) (712) (713) (714) (715) (716) (717) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.