Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,392 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (718) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1645937 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (715) (716) (717) (718) (719) (720) (721) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bukhety(f): 9:05pm On Jan 18, 2022
cuttingedge:

Please folks any help with this?
I would suggest you guys apply separately and your wife adds your daughter as a dependant.

But this would mean you should be honest when asked about your partner during the interview.

My opinion sha o!

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gibfem: 9:15pm On Jan 18, 2022
Please my brother then you will need to assist me in checking my ds 160...
thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ifymm: 9:17pm On Jan 18, 2022
Goodday all,
I applied for visiting visa 2017 got denied
Reason
No travel history
2021 oct got denied again.even though I have been to Egypt,South,Singapore,uae
Reason
None.
Vo didn't spend 2secs with me

Hubby seeked asylum but not approved yet since 2017
So have tried 2 times no luck.

Now someone adviced us to tell my husband lawyer to write to usa embassy that the same thing that made him to seek asylum is disturbing the wife again,which the lawyer did.but since then no response from d embassy,I dont even know if they received it or not.

Now am planning to apply again through school believing God it will work cos have not gone thru school before.

Now why am confused is dat, dont even know weda they received d letter or not.

Secondly will it affect me if I apply for student visa.

Kindly advice.

Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nozino: 9:34pm On Jan 18, 2022
Ladekrane:
Hello everyone.
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone, joined here December and my interview was Jan 12 and it was approved. First trial.
All glory be to God and those of you here who have been posting.
I will share transcript soon. My visa has been approved since last week Wednesday and DHL haven’t texted me for pick up even tho when I tracked it on the US consulate website, it’s says ready for pick up. Hence, I haven’t been able to book my flight Kindly suggest the best international flights with durable fares)

I need an advice, should I go to the pick up location tomorrow or still wait for DHL email?

I sincerely hope everyone ignores you. You can’t take time to share your transcript but you want people to take time out of their schedules to help you out with your problems?

Nigerians!

13 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by itoski(m): 10:01pm On Jan 18, 2022
cuttingedge:
Good evening all,
I finally got an offer from Southern Illinois University for my Ph.D. That includes a full tuition waiver and Graduate Assistantship.
My wife also got the same offer from the same university. How do we go about applying for Visas? Do we apply individually for F1 visas?
We have a one-year-old child.
You guys should apply individually since F2 visa holders can only study part-time in the US and I believe your GA was given to both of you because you applied for Full-time study.
Except one of you wants to dropout.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by grlzone(f): 10:09pm On Jan 18, 2022
Why not request for waiver
Promoter2:
Hello guys,

Please I'm trying to pay the application fees for Georgia State University but facing a challenge. I have tried several times.

Please I need someone to help me pay. I will pay Naira equivalent or USDT.

Cost: $50

Cc. Walspring, Lagosismyhome

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ademeecee(f): 10:16pm On Jan 18, 2022
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chocolatecakes: 10:28pm On Jan 18, 2022
Thank you so much for this. Pls I'll post another transcript shortly based on the corrections
Thanks again
UmmZayd:

WHY US?
This should be answered based on the course you want to go there to do not on country's development level. How does US has greater advantages more than Nigeria and otherwise?? Keep this comparison out of your response. Give your answer based on, "Why do you want to do this course in the US and not Nigeria without downgrading Nigeria"

WHY RCC?
Work more on this reply. What exactly made you applied to RCC? What do they have that's unique to them?

WHY CALIFORNIA
No no, don't say this. You are going to school not going to work so what business do you have with the biggest tech companies Plus, you can't talk about affordability and mention California. It's one of the most expensive states in the US.

WHAT WILL THIS DEGREE DO FOR YOU
Why exactly do you want to go for this degree and how will it be of benefit when you are done? And why are you not going for a Bsc now?

WHY THIS COURSE
Again, avoid downgrading your country as much as possible. This is about you and your interest. Leave Nigeria out of it.

YOUR ACADEMIC BACKGROUND
You might want to add some figures (year) to the details.

Best of luck

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by psychologyshuby: 10:46pm On Jan 18, 2022
I honestly wish no one answers your questions. You sound like a selfish person who only comes here to get whatever information they need without thinking of rendering help to others. I’m sure if you didn’t have this issue, you wouldn’t even bother posting about your visa getting approved and how much information you got here.
Ladekrane:
Hello everyone.
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone, joined here December and my interview was Jan 12 and it was approved. First trial.
All glory be to God and those of you here who have been posting.
I will share transcript soon. My visa has been approved since last week Wednesday and DHL haven’t texted me for pick up even tho when I tracked it on the US consulate website, it’s says ready for pick up. Hence, I haven’t been able to book my flight Kindly suggest the best international flights with durable fares)

I need an advice, should I go to the pick up location tomorrow or still wait for DHL email?

10 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 10:58pm On Jan 18, 2022
Queengel:
hi please how much is SEVIE fee in Nigeria and I will like to know if it is the same amount that all the students paying both undergraduate and graduate please reply

SEVIS fee is same amount for all students.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by haywhy17(m): 11:09pm On Jan 18, 2022
MelaninGemstone:
Was it the V.O at the extreme window on the right that interviewed you ?

No, the lady at the middle. Stand 8
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dreamcometrue: 1:24am On Jan 19, 2022
Interested in a PhD in Social Science (Economics, Psychology etc) or Business (Finance, Business Analytics etc)?

You can get all the support you want - attend classes free, get mentorship, GRE payment, application fees payment. All free

You only just need to be a smart and hardworking student!

Check it out

https://baumtenpers.com/prospective-students/

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Eminencegee01: 4:02am On Jan 19, 2022
Ever since I have been going through articles here, I’m yet to come across any undergraduate degree program processing. Or am just bluffing? angry
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pengdom: 4:58am On Jan 19, 2022
I want to say thank you to everyone that contributed on here.

Here is my transcript.

First attempt
Funding: $25,000
Master of science in computer science. With no computer science background.

VO: Pass your documents
Me: Here you go

Me: Good Morning
VO: Good morning

VO: let's start with you biometrics.
Me: fingers and all were captured.
VO: You can keep you file on the surface
Me: thank you

VO: Have you travel out of Nigeria
Me: Yes United Kingdom for my undergrad
VO: when did you go and when did you come back
Me : told him the month and year for both

VO: What do you do for work
Me: Digital marketing (As have that on my social media)

VO: you are going to this university I see you have funding. Who will pay the rest
Me: yes my dad
VO: what does he do
Me: CEO of Bleep coy deals with Bleep products and one of the leading provider of Bleep product in nigeria for commercial, industrial and private use

VO: What do you want to do after you study this program
Me: I actually want to come back to nigeria and further innovate my dad's coy and create my startup which deals with consumer goods.

VO: congratulations, I will be approving your visa, take this white paper to guide you in collection process, congratulations to you also inform your uni to give you an extension letter I can see your resumption date is close
Me: Thank you.

Tips: pray
-your university name helps
- Sell your sponsor very well
-Fill you ds 160 your self and no too much information
- be confident when you reach the interviewer. Yes you might have mixed feels but ones you stand to talk be bold answer the question.
-Read Nairaland and filter Good info from bad.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Erudite77: 6:20am On Jan 19, 2022
psychologyshuby:
I honestly wish no one answers your questions. You sound like a selfish person who only comes here to get whatever information they need without thinking of rendering help to others. I’m sure if you didn’t have this issue, you wouldn’t even bother posting about your visa getting approved and how much information you got here.

Dear brother, s/he doesn't deserve our response again!!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by babsray: 6:28am On Jan 19, 2022
MelaninGemstone:
Many people were denied on the 14th

Was it that white lady at the extreme right window ? Close to the queue, that denied you ?

Yes, It was
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by babsray: 6:55am On Jan 19, 2022
babsray:
Guys, Please i need you to engage and help me on this.

My school resumed on 10th January.
Had my interview on 14th and was denied.

Please can I reapply and get a new emergency date within now and 30th.
If so, how can i go about it.
Please assist me on this.
Thanks

Guys, I need help on this ASAP.
Please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ndums247(m): 7:22am On Jan 19, 2022
Congratulations! Please when is your resumption, and did your school give you an extension date?
Pengdom:

Here is my transcript.

First attempt

VO: you are going to this university I see you have funding. Who will pay the rest
Me: CEO of Bleep coy deals with Bleep products and one of the leading provider of Bleep product in nigeria for commercial, industrial and private use

Me: I actually want to come back to nigeria and further innovate my dad's coy and create my startup which deals with consumer goods.

VO: congratulations, I will be approving your visa, take this white paper to guide you in collection process, congratulations to you also inform your uni to give you an extension letter I can see your resumption date is close

- be confident when you reach the interviewer. Yes you might have mixed feels but ones you stand to talk be bold answer the question.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by djkolz: 7:22am On Jan 19, 2022
Congratulations!!!

What University did you apply to?

Pengdom:

Here is my transcript.

First attempt

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Semtu(m): 7:43am On Jan 19, 2022
ifymm:
Goodday all,
I applied for visiting visa 2017 got denied
Reason
No travel history
2021 oct got denied again.even though I have been to Egypt,South,Singapore,uae
Reason
None.
Vo didn't spend 2secs with me

Hubby seeked asylum but not approved yet since 2017
So have tried 2 times no luck.

Now someone adviced us to tell my husband lawyer to write to usa embassy that the same thing that made him to seek asylum is disturbing the wife again,which the lawyer did.but since then no response from d embassy,I dont even know if they received it or not.

Now am planning to apply again through school believing God it will work cos have not gone thru school before.

Now why am confused is dat, dont even know weda they received d letter or not.

Secondly will it affect me if I apply for student visa.

Kindly advice.

Thanks.

Too many things are going on here, from visiting visa to Asylum seeker to Study visa.. The Visa officer will have the idea that you just want to enter the US by any means possible and might not be convinced that you are a genuine student. You’ll need to do some serious explanation during your interview.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Redfang: 8:16am On Jan 19, 2022
Good morning all. Should my sponsor fill in the amount needed for the whole program or should he fill for the 9 months which the school requested for. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by alexius15: 8:26am On Jan 19, 2022
Sadly, you don't qualify for an expedited appointment. The school resuming soon would probably have been considered if you're yet to get a date, but you are returning after a denial. However, you can still try, miracles happen. All the best!

babsray:

Guys, I need help on this ASAP.
Please

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by alexius15: 8:30am On Jan 19, 2022
Filling for the whole program is more appropriate. That's another way of assuring them you are financially safe for the entire program and not just for the first year... All the best!

Redfang:
Good morning all. Should my sponsor fill in the amount needed for the whole program or should he fill for the 9 months which the school requested for. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bidemialade43: 8:59am On Jan 19, 2022
haywhy17:
First attempt
Zero funding
37k COA
Abuja

Vo good morning

Me good morning ma (while I passed my documents)

Vo you are going to the university of Maine for masters degree in animal science

Me yes, with concentration in animal nutrition.

Vo what do you do?

Me I'm a research assistant at xoxo company where I research into improvement of livestock fed hay and forages.

Vo what will you be working on at the University of Maine?

Me (I stuttered and at this point I thought I had blown it.) I will be evaluating the effect of experimental formulation of experimental diet on livestock
(this was total rubbish from what I had in mind I had to just join something to make sound legit)

VO tell me about your thesis

Me (I already gathered some momentum here) I will be working on use of fungal enzymes to develop nutritive additives to improve profitability in livestock production.

VO Who is funding your education?

Me my brother mr kazeem , who is into oil and gas business. He also has real estate business and he currently oversee the family business.

Vo what is the family business
Me we are into agro allied business

Vo (while typing voraciously for about 10 seconds rose her head and asked "you work with the federal government?

Me yes ma.(thinking I already blew it.)

Vo I will be holding on to your international passport . (Then she said those words people claim to not hear )

I remember picking the word passport and i-20. The moment I noticed she took my passport and didn't use her left hand to pick the blue paper, my mind was screaming "it's a lie"

The atmosphere was really bad today Chelsea FC just full Abuja embassy today. I would say 1 out of every 20 that went in was given white paper. I had to pinch myself if I wasn't dreaming.

This visa thing is not even by how fluent you might think you are. I was shaky throughout. At a point I told myself "Ayo, tiẹ ta". At that point I forgot what my thesis is about...I saw guys that were very fluent and even confident... na Blue paper dem collect.

Who go dash me correct jacket wey fit hold -20⁰C. Maine is not for the weak.
Congratulations A.Y... reading your transcript self keep bursting my brain��..
Please, are you for fall 2022?
And please what’s your UG CGPA?
Did you write GRE to be given the admission ?
thought the school gives funding?!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Queengel: 9:40am On Jan 19, 2022
UmmZayd:

SEVIS fee is same amount for all students.
okay thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TheSociopath(m): 10:15am On Jan 19, 2022
Promoter2:
Hello guys,

Please I'm trying to pay the application fees for Georgia State University but facing a challenge. I have tried several times.

Please I need someone to help me pay. I will pay Naira equivalent or USDT.

Cost: $50

Cc. Walspring, Lagosismyhome

Done now?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TheSociopath(m): 10:16am On Jan 19, 2022
Chocolatecakes:
This is my proposed transcript

Vo: Good Morning, pass me your I-20 & all
Me:passes them

Vo: Why are you travelling
Me: I'm going to study for an associate degree in computer science with concentration on software development at Rcc

VO: Why the Us?
Me: The US has a lot of advantages over Nigeria technologically and otherwise, they're culturally diversified and there's no language barrier .they have 50% of the tech giants globally and I'd like to have top quality education.

VO: How did you find this school?
Me: I did my research on colleges around the area that's best for my degree and relatively affordable for my sponsors as well as has good International student reviews.

VO: How many schools did you apply to
Me: 2, Rcc and Mt.sac .i haven't heard from Mt.sac.

VO:Why Rcc?
Me: From my research, rcc has an 8 instruction al pathway that offers superior learning experiences where I'll have the flexibility to explore educational paths career options that are just right for me

VO: Why California?
Me: CA is where the tech giants are like Apple, Google, Oracle, Cisco Systems and the list goes on

VO:What will this degree do for you?
Me: An associate degree will cultivate my technological and fundamental skills,giving me the qualifications I need to pursue a bachelors degree.

VO: what will this course do for you?
Me: this course will do so much as enable play an important role in creating technology that improves society and the world at large and also revolves some of Nigeria's problem of society placing so much value on me.

VO:Why this course?
Me: I've always loved computers and fortunately for me the world is turning digital as the days go making it (computer science ) a global opportunity And Nigeria lacks professionals in this field that are enough to make lasting technological developments.

VO:What are your plans after graduation?
Me: After I get my degree, I'll be coming back to do the compulsory nysc and thereafter work with INITS for some years b4 I pursue my bachelors degree. And also take care of my family.

VO: Who is sponsoring this and what do they do?
Me: my mom and dad, my mom is a business analyst for Bleep and my dad is an operation manager that works with Bleep for over 10yrs now

VO: how many siblings do you have?
Me: 2 siblings younger than I am.

VO: do you have anyone in the Us?
Me: yes, my mom

VO:whats her status?
Me: she's a permanent resident.

VO: Your academic background?
Me: I finished both primary and secondary education at the Nigerian Navy.

VO:Have you travelled out before?
Me: No, I have not left Nig before

Pls I need Constructive criticism ��������
The interview is tomorrow.......

Why Associate degree? Do you have a B.Sc degree already? You can't do NYSC with Associate degre
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TheSociopath(m): 10:19am On Jan 19, 2022
RENOWNED2:
Abeg someone help me.

When registering for WES, is it compulsory to put institutions to send the result to or you can do that later after you've researched schools.

And how much does WES registration cost in naira.

Thank you.

It's not compulsory. Matter of fact, I didn't include any school when I did my evaluation. It was later I added one school. Main price for course by course evaluation is 215 dollars, I think. Then when your evaluation is done, for each school you wanna send transcript to, you pay 40USD.

Best of luck
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by cuttingedge: 10:40am On Jan 19, 2022
bukhety:

I would suggest you guys apply separately and your wife adds your daughter as a dependant.

But this would mean you should be honest when asked about your partner during the interview.

My opinion sha o!

Thanks for the response
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pengdom: 11:02am On Jan 19, 2022
Ndums247:
Congratulations! Please when is your resumption, and did your school give you an extension date?
18th Jan. And No but I applied. But the final date to be present was 30 Jan.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 11:06am On Jan 19, 2022
Eminencegee01:
Ever since I have been going through articles here, I’m yet to come across any undergraduate degree program processing. Or am just bluffing? angry

It's the latter
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pengdom: 11:06am On Jan 19, 2022
djkolz:
Congratulations!!!

What University did you apply to?

Northeastern University

1 Like 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (715) (716) (717) (718) (719) (720) (721) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.