Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,816 members, 7,831,655 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (769) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1657257 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (766) (767) (768) (769) (770) (771) (772) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ritsy02: 7:52am On Feb 23, 2022
Who else is looking for Lagos visa date for Fall 2022? Please Holla. The earliest I'm seeing is November

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by IntrovertGuy: 8:02am On Feb 23, 2022
wynie:
How much were you charged in Naira?

209,825₦

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by IntrovertGuy: 8:03am On Feb 23, 2022
Rzq009:
Please which app is that

Pay4Me
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bustlezach01(m): 9:47am On Feb 23, 2022
Moshkom:

Call this Lagos embassy no +23412278955

It would be better solve with call. Try load up your airtime and be patient while you call them.

I called this number, but it is for FRSC.
Someone should kindly assist with the right contact number.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Davidganna10: 10:02am On Feb 23, 2022
IntrovertGuy:

209,825₦
that is about 600/$ it is not cheap.

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nozino: 10:19am On Feb 23, 2022
Predstan:

Your last part is not correct. That it increased for you does not make it general. Again, your notions are not true

Do you understand English at all? This has been proven over time. If you use the Free calculator, whatever you get increases after the official evaluation. This isn’t up for debate.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Rippra: 10:32am On Feb 23, 2022
IntrovertGuy:

209,825₦

That is approximately 600Naira per dollar.
Not cheap at all.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 10:42am On Feb 23, 2022
bustlezach01:

I called this number, but it is for FRSC.
Someone should kindly assist with the right contact number.

FRSC bawo? Lol.

Check the below attachment

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by princetx(m): 10:53am On Feb 23, 2022
@Walspring has successfully paid for my SEVIS fee. Payment process was fast.
I recommend anyone who wants to make this payment to him. He is good.
Thank you @Walspring.

Walspring:

You can’t pay from Nigeria’s or use naija card at all.

if you still need help for sevis fee payment just let me know ASAP.

Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by IntrovertGuy: 11:12am On Feb 23, 2022
Rippra:

That is approximately 600Naira per dollar.
Not cheap at all.

Davidganna10:
that is about 600/$ it is not cheap.

No Vex.

Please quote me whenever you pay yours using 420/$. Or cheaper than this.

By the way, the rate is 545/$

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tunnazboi: 11:39am On Feb 23, 2022
Is it advisable to pick an appointment date now and then submit the ds160 later. So as to avoid noticing mistakes from ds160 after having picked appointment date?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by princetx(m): 11:40am On Feb 23, 2022
Make una no vex ooo.

My school resumption date is June, 2022.
I have received 1-20 form,
Paid for SEVIS fee
Paid for visa fee
Filled and submitted ds 160 form

How should I go about booking for visa appointment?
How do I get a date before my resumption date (June,2022)?

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 12:06pm On Feb 23, 2022
Mkkkk:
Visa Delayed- December 2021
Embassy Location- Abuja
COA- 31k
No Funding
Sponsor- Mum and husband

I’m married and applied with my 2 years old daughter(F2) for MsED in Educational administration as I have been working as a school administrator since I graduated in 2014 in my family owned school and my mum is retiring shortly and I will be fully in charge of the school hence the reason for my masters degree as my first degree is BSc Economics.
My daughter was crying so I was given priority and asked to leave the queue and sent straight to the Black female VO.

Interview
Black young female VO
VO: Goodmorning
Me: Hi, Goodmorning
VO: Tell me about your plans
Baby was uneasy and restless so I was trying to pacify her by shaking her on my shoulder while responding.
Me: I’m going to graduate school for my masters in Educational administration.
VO: What is the duration of your programme?
Me: 24months
VO: Continues typing then asked why this course.
Me: Im working as a school administrator in my family owned school so this will help me acquire necessary skills and knowledge required to effectively manage and administer a school as I will be taking over management of the school once Mum retires in a few years.
VO: What did you study in your first degree?
Me: Economics
VO: who is sponsoring you?
Me: My Mum will cover my tuition while my husband will cover I and my daughter’s living expenses.
VO: What do they do?
Me: My Mum is the Proprietress of the school I currently work while my husband is an auto dealer, he is into import and sales of cars here in Nigeria.
VO: Where will you be staying for the duration of your programme?
Me: Meadows Estate at bleep- it’s a school recognized off campus.
VO: Have you made arrangements for your daughter’s care?
Me: Yes, she will be cared for at child center daycare while I attend lectures.
VO: What’s the population of the school you work?
Me: Student population of roughly 959, staff strength of 36 academic and 22 non academic staffs.
VO: Your husbands business what year did he start?
Me: 2015
VO continues typing for awhile then picks the blue slip and handed over to me with my passport and i20
Me: Is there anything you would have needed more clarification on as you saw I was a bit distracted and unsettled with my baby crying and me trying to pacify her and answering you in between.
VO responds it’s all in the blue slip, you can reapply at a later date.

Gurus in the house, please I need advice as to what went wrong. I already deferred my admission to Fall semester and would be reapplying. I would appreciate suggestions on how to improve my application next time.
And also if I’m asked what has changed since my last application, any suggestions on what to say because I haven’t changed my sponsors or my school.

Okay. You can check with your school if they have funding or a GA position.
Another thing I notice is that first question of "Tell me your plan" and you answered with "why are you going to the US" kind of question. Although the question is kinda tricky but it's still "tell me about your plans"

Best of luck

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by girlyesosae(f): 12:11pm On Feb 23, 2022
Hi,

So I personally feel maybe reapply without your daughter as F2.
You clearly have a strong support system here in Nigeria, your mum, the family owned school and your husband. And collectively your daughter has more stability and support than if she were with you juggling school, daycare and living alone.
Maybe do your F1 application then 6 months down the line, They can apply for your daughter’s F2.

Mkkkk:
Embassy Location- Abuja
COA- 31k
No Funding
Sponsor- Mum and husband

I’m married and applied with my 2 years old daughter(F2) for MsED in Educational administration as I have been working as a school administrator since I graduated in 2014 in my family owned school and my mum is retiring shortly and I will be fully in charge of the school hence the reason for my masters degree as my first degree is BSc Economics.
My daughter was crying so I was given priority and asked to leave the queue and sent straight to the Black female VO.

Interview
Black young female VO
Baby was uneasy and restless so I was trying to pacify her by shaking her on my shoulder while responding.
Me: Im working as a school administrator in my family owned school so this will help me acquire necessary skills and knowledge required to effectively manage and administer a school as I will be taking over management of the school once Mum retires in a few years.
Me: My Mum will cover my tuition while my husband will cover I and my daughter’s living expenses.
Me: My Mum is the Proprietress of the school I currently work while my husband is an auto dealer, he is into import and sales of cars here in Nigeria.
Me: Student population of roughly 959, staff strength of 36 academic and 22 non academic staffs.
VO continues typing for awhile then picks the blue slip and handed over to me with my passport and i20
Me: Is there anything you would have needed more clarification on as you saw I was a bit distracted and unsettled with my baby crying and me trying to pacify her and answering you in between.

Gurus in the house, please I need advice as to what went wrong. I already deferred my admission to Fall semester and would be reapplying. I would appreciate suggestions on how to improve my application next time.
And also if I’m asked what has changed since my last application, any suggestions on what to say because I haven’t changed my sponsors or my school.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dfutbolar: 12:25pm On Feb 23, 2022
Congrats.

How did you manage to get a date?

Thanks

gbegene2007:

I will guide you, your husband should be prepared to establish home tied through his work and his experience. That’s basically that and he should be conversant with all details pertaining to you his spouse such as schooling details, marriage details, if you have children etc He should be fine but from experience F2 for the husband usually gets denied at instance but yours may be different.

I was denied in January 10 in Lagos, re-applied and got a date in February 16 in Abuja and got approved. I was going to see my wife and children. I hope this helps

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by MznAirA(f): 12:33pm On Feb 23, 2022
Good afternoon house. Please does anyone have any information about Claremont graduate University in California?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jboss37: 12:42pm On Feb 23, 2022
Mkkkk:
Embassy Location- Abuja
COA- 31k
No Funding
Sponsor- Mum and husband

Interview
Black young female VO

The V.O wasn't convinced your funding is capable.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 12:46pm On Feb 23, 2022
Nozino it's your guy you talk to on phone. Show respect to predstan, na senior man. Dude completed this journey we are on as far back as 2019, and he has a hnd too. He should be done with his MSc by now.
Nozino:

Oversabi. How’s this related to what I said?

The guy said he used WES unofficial calculator and had 3.6. I told him to evaluate his transcript and that the official evaluation will increase.

I never said his gpa will increase or decrease. Generally , whatever you get from the calculator increases after official evaluation.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nozino: 12:47pm On Feb 23, 2022
illumined999333:
Nozino it's your guy you talk to on phone. Show respect to predstan, na senior man. Dude completed this journey we are on as far back as 2019, and he has a hnd too. He should be done with his MSc by now.

Ok sir. Doesn’t change the fact sha

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jboss37: 12:54pm On Feb 23, 2022
Mkkkk:
Embassy Location- Abuja
COA- 31k
No Funding
Sponsor- Mum and husband

Interview
Black young female VO

To the V.O, your husband's business is still a startup. Today's business world is highly competitive and challenging. It is not easy to sponsor someone in a foreign country where tertiary education is expensive like US with funds from a growing business.

I would advise you to use the school's account next time since you work there or apply for loan. Mpower Financing and Prodigy would give you loan without cosigner if you meet their requirements. Also, sell the school to the V.O next time and be precise with number of students and staff strength. Don't say roughly........
Good luck ma.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by jbaba821: 1:20pm On Feb 23, 2022
i need an advice;i went for interview in abuja and lagos got rejected that is two attempt,my sponspor is my uncle(a us citizen and a police officer).
i wanted to know if it is a redflagg having an uncle statement of account an issue with my rejection,and if i should i reply again,pls need a reply,cos am thinking of reapplying for fall ,want to know the redflagg,thanks nairalands
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kennyg290: 1:47pm On Feb 23, 2022
Hello NL.
I have lost hope when my bro in US said "Bsc lo le se in US" for guys because of my HND but now my hope is alive. I want to share my future plans with the gurus in the house for mentorship.
By Dec 2022, I wud av saved #3M, monthly govt discharge pay Mayb #60k working with the ministry of defense.
My educational sponsors are:
My brother who has a plastic manufacturing company in Ogun state & we share same surname.
2nd is my late father NB PLC dividend of 100,000 shares paid yearly.
Pls what do I need to add more to this as I plan for fall 2023 admission by His grace.
I am a family man in late 40s. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by princetx(m): 3:00pm On Feb 23, 2022
Hello,
When I tried to create a New username to enable me book for visa appointment, this is the error message I get. Any solution to this?

Errors

Your request cannot be processed at this time. The site administrator has been alerted.User could not be created. Please ensure First Name and Last Name are entered as they are in your passport.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gokoyer1401: 3:06pm On Feb 23, 2022
Sir, i think you need to evaluate your HND degree before you start applying to schools of your choice. Secondly, it will be more appropriate to be self-sponsored at this age. You have almost one year to put things in order. Thirdly, I don't know how strong your CGPA is, but I will highly recommend you to write some tests( GRE and TOEFL/IELTS) if you are keen on getting funding/scholarship.
All the best sir.
Kennyg290:
Hello NL.
I have lost hope when my bro in US said "Bsc lo le se in US" for guys because of my HND but now my hope is alive. I want to share my future plans with the gurus in the house for mentorship.
By Dec 2022, I wud av saved #3M, monthly govt discharge pay Mayb #60k working with the ministry of defense.
My brother who has a plastic manufacturing company in Ogun state & we share same surname.
Pls what do I need to add more to this as I plan for fall 2023 admission by His grace. I am a family man in late 40s. Thanks

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by princetx(m): 3:10pm On Feb 23, 2022
Could the link be wrong?

Could you please help me with the link to book visa appointment.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Erudite77: 3:47pm On Feb 23, 2022
Nozino:

What isn’t true? Who said the evaluation isn’t course by course? Have you gone through the process?

Dear brother,

I agree with you. The best approach to knowing the exact gpa is by doing the official evaluation.

I remember using the unofficial calculator (WES). When my school did its internal evaluation, it was quite below the online point I had got earlier. It was a 0.46 difference. No be juju be that? Too far! Till date, I don't know how they came up with the deduction of 0.46.

I got admitted to the school though, meritoriously not probationarily.

Bro, would you mind connecting with you via email or WhatsApp?

Be blessed.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Predstan: 3:58pm On Feb 23, 2022
Nozino:

Do you understand English at all? This has been proven over time. If you use the Free calculator, whatever you get increases after the official evaluation. This isn’t up for debate.

Nothing was proven. Just a new user trying to throw bogus assertions. It is not General. Evaluation is course by course. It doesn’t happen to everyone, the calculator is an estimate and not official. It may reduce after official evaluation and sometimes increases. Your one experience doesn’t make it general
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Predstan: 4:02pm On Feb 23, 2022
illumined999333:

No need to be respected brother. The most important is to understand what he/she doesn’t know. Experience as they say is the best teacher. He/she probably haven’t seen such scenario, so not to generalize your own personal experience.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Predstan: 4:06pm On Feb 23, 2022
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Princessemily: 4:19pm On Feb 23, 2022
Kennyg290:
Hello NL.
Pls what do I need to add more to this as I plan for fall 2023 admission by His grace.
I am a family man in late 40s. Thanks

All the best sir
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kennyg290: 5:19pm On Feb 23, 2022
Gokoyer1401:
Sir, i think you need to evaluate your HND degree before you start applying to schools of your choice. Secondly, it will be more appropriate to be self-sponsored at this age. You have almost one year to put things in order. Thirdly, I don't know how strong your CGPA is, but I will highly recommend you to write some tests( GRE and TOEFL/IELTS) if you are keen on getting funding/scholarship.
All the best sir.
Yes I will write those exams and do WES. It means I need more cash since its self sponsor. I appreciate sir

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (766) (767) (768) (769) (770) (771) (772) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.