Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,192 members, 7,815,161 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (842) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1642520 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (839) (840) (841) (842) (843) (844) (845) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Barzoid: 1:42pm On Apr 07, 2022
Good day I would like to ask some questions:

1. Can a waec result with 6As and 3 Bs with a combined SAT result of 1200 get me a full ride. Also what do they mean exactly by family ties
2.. Must I send my waec result to an evaluation organization like wes. Can the University not evaluate it themselves?
3. How do I pay for sevis fee and MRV.
4. How to dress to the visa interview(casual,formal.)

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nozino: 1:43pm On Apr 07, 2022
Themaths:

I think the accelerated masters program in the US is 5yrs, and not 4.

Agreed sir. I was referring to the UK.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nozino: 1:46pm On Apr 07, 2022
Christabeliciou:
Good morning Zino,
Thanks for your help and support to this.
Please help me clarify this in bracket (do you mean if he goes for SAT he could get into an integrated Masters in Engineering (M.Eng) straight with waec and earn a Masters degree in Engineering in 4years instead of spending 5years.)
The Master degree your are referring to is it not a second degree. He is still an undergraduate student 100level here. And it's when one finished his degree course for 4yrs/5yrs that he/she can go for a Master degree.
I am not clear with it,pls don't mind me o, kindly throw more light, weither its first degree you are mentioning, as you are saying Master degree. What he is doing is Mechanical engineering. Thanks a lot

Hello. Good afternoon ma.

If he ace the SAT he could get into an integrated Masters in the US. The program is typically 5years and they aren’t so common.

My initially post was referring to the UK if cost isn’t a factor. He can easily get into an integrated Masters program in the UK and they are 4 years and easier to get into.

It’s also possible to get into a Master’s degree program with Waec ( I have a cousin doing this in the UK and he is going to graduate with B.eng and M.Eng at 21). One can get into a PhD program too with just Bsc.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by zellfoxx: 1:51pm On Apr 07, 2022
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by DeevaB: 2:03pm On Apr 07, 2022
Jboss37:
If you have been admitted to Virginia Tech for Summer or Fall, or you a current student of the School, please, let's connect. Thanks as I anticipate your response.

Admitted for Summer resumption. Sent you a request
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Sakasitay(m): 3:16pm On Apr 07, 2022
zellfoxx:
Hi all,

If you’ll be attending Western Illinois University (WIU) from Fall 2022, let’s connect. Send a mail and you’ll be added to our WhatsApp group.

Go Leathernecks.

Nice one
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jacknn: 3:40pm On Apr 07, 2022
Tinyemeka:

Since the VO was kind enough to tell you that the issue was one of weak home ties, why are you still insistent in your belief that the problem was one of funding?

It seems you guys are yet to understand this US hustle..he's hundred percent right..forget all this home ties and all. If u have a fully funded scholarship,the rest is history provided u answer all questions correctly.. if it's not a fully funded scholarship,ur chances are 50/50 or even 20/80.. so my dear, hustle for a fully funded and the whole scenero will change definitely. VOs hate deficit

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jacknn: 3:47pm On Apr 07, 2022
Svelte98:
Hi there! Congrats on your admission and funding.

To my knowledge, an academic session in USA is usually 9 months: from August to May (4.5 months for Fall and Spring semester each), while the Summer break (between June to early August) is 3 months.

Schools aren't usually in session during Summer, because technically summer is a break period, hence that 3 months is not included in the I-20.
That's why your I-20 shows 9 months.

For the second question, you can select a visa date now then towards June 22nd you can try requesting for an EA. That's my opinion/advice.

I hope it helps.

If you don't mind me asking please, what school and course did you get the GTA funding for?

And also did u use toefl or ielts to secure this Graduate teaching assistant role?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mojolajesu(m): 4:38pm On Apr 07, 2022
Jacknn:

It seems you guys are yet to understand this US hustle..he's hundred percent right..forget all this home ties and all. If u have a fully funded scholarship,the rest is history provided u answer all questions correctly.. if it's not a fully funded scholarship,ur chances are 50/50 or even 20/80.. so my dear, hustle for a fully funded and the whole scenero will change definitely. VOs hate deficit

Exactly my point! I have studied years of peoples experiences via this platform and the result is almost the same.

One cannot overemphasize that some people get lucky, I mean get so lucky and that why I tried. Unfortunately for me, I wasn’t lucky. I know what to do better now.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by korexes(f): 5:02pm On Apr 07, 2022
Good afternoon everyone.
i need some urgent advise concerning my proof of funds. my school states that they do not accept a 'business account' for proof of funds. but it is the law firm where i work that is sponsoring my tuition.

I will be happy to read any advise you can give me on how to go about this.

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by For2ne: 5:57pm On Apr 07, 2022
I have been admitted to the university of Alabama and kent state university phd computer science programs for fall 2022 but none of them have offered me funding. Please can anyone advise me on how to go about securing funding from these schools?

Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Adewaale: 6:09pm On Apr 07, 2022
I emailed you bro. I got admission into a program there. Did you get funding and what’s your program?

drbrayam:
Anyone attending University of Nebraska Omah
Let’s connect
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Barzoid: 6:13pm On Apr 07, 2022

1. Can a waec result with 6As and 3 Bs with a combined SAT result of 1200 get me a full ride. Also what do they mean exactly by family ties
2.. Must I send my waec result to an evaluation organization like wes. Can the University not evaluate it themselves?
4. How to dress to the visa interview(casual,lormal.).

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by drbrayam(m): 6:40pm On Apr 07, 2022
Adewaale:
I emailed you bro. I got admission into a program there. Did you get funding and what’s your program?

kindly check your mail, just replied
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Barzoid: 7:24pm On Apr 07, 2022
drbrayam:
kindly check your mail, just replied
Can you answer my question
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chambs: 7:30pm On Apr 07, 2022
zellfoxx:
Since you’ll be resuming this Fall, I think it’s a bit early to even apply for EA as it’s still well over 60 days before Fall resumption. Nevertheless, what’s done is done.

1. No harm in doing both in my opinion.

2. Just once per MRV fee payment.

Please can i get a direct email address to US embassy in Abuja ? Anybody can help ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Barzoid: 7:33pm On Apr 07, 2022
Chambs:

Please can i get a direct email address to US embassy in Abuja ? Anybody can help ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Barzoid: 7:35pm On Apr 07, 2022
Chambs:

1075Diplomatic Drive, Central Business District 900103, Abuja

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chambs: 7:39pm On Apr 07, 2022
Barzoid:

1075Diplomatic Drive, Central Business District 900103, Abuja

email address bro
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Barzoid: 7:43pm On Apr 07, 2022
Chambs:

email address bro
Bro don't ask me any questions, I am a noobie I don't know anything about this. I just Google the address now

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Davidganna10: 7:44pm On Apr 07, 2022
Christabeliciou:
Hello gurus,

Pls assist me, it's possible this question has been asked and answered, pls pardon if it has Biko.

With the current Incessant ASUU strike, my son gained admission last year to UNN Chemical engineering, his Waec is very much good.
I want him to look for University he can apply to for scholarship either fully funded or half or none.

I made an enquiry to the proprietor of the lesson he was attending before he gained admission if they have any particular plan in place for such undergraduate that are at home as a result of the Strike, he said no. But
he suggested foreign Exams like SAT.
To study in the US or Canada.
Please advise me on which of these listed he should write ( (SAT is 65k, IELTS is 80k , TOEFL is 120k)

Thanking you very much
if he is 16-19 I will advice him to go to Canada look towards the following universities;
University of Manitoba, Manitoba.
University of sakschatwan, sakschatwan.
Dalhousie university, Nova Scotia.
University of Calgary, Alberta.
The following universities has low tuition of about 3-4 million per year. He will need to show about 3.4million in addition for one year upkeep. So, if you can afford 8-20million, Canada will be better you don't need any SAT his Waec is OK. Good luck

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Davidganna10: 7:48pm On Apr 07, 2022
For2ne:
I have been admitted to the university of Alabama and kent state university phd computer science programs for fall 2022 but none of them have offered me funding. Please can anyone advise me on how to go about securing funding from these schools?

Did you write GRE?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by DAramis: 7:48pm On Apr 07, 2022
For2ne:

Terrible o.

A stem course for that matter shocked.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by DAramis: 8:05pm On Apr 07, 2022
Barzoid:

4. How to dress to the visa interview(casual,lormal.).

My little answer to the best of my knowledge.

1. In some schools, it would get you a full ride (Tuition waiver with stipends) while in others half ride (Tuition waiver only). Others might offer percentage scholarship that would not even cover your tuition.

My little advise is to contact the different universities you have interest in. Check for the undergraduate academic contact person or coordinator, and email him (her) tabling your SAT score with WAEC result. Hopefully, he will be in better position to advice you. Read between lines from their replies, and pick up the schools which offers the best possibility of securing one. Spread your options

2. Some universities have in-house evaluation while others don't have, but depends solely on external evaluation companies under NACES.

3. First thing first. Secure admission and full funding. That two stages are nothing. Few Nairalanders can help you make the payment (SIVES) while you transfer the naira equivalent to them.

4. Your choice. Generally, smart casual, professional or normal is okay. Try and make sure that the colours rhyme. Don't be like some that wear flip-on (slippers), or rioting colour trousers (multi-colour, ripped apart jeans) or simple body fitted polo ( as if they are going on most handsome men audition, or to seduce all the females working in the embassy) grin cheesy

I hope, I have been able to clear all your doubts regarding to your various questions.

NB: I'm not aiming for undergraduate program o cheesy
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by For2ne: 8:25pm On Apr 07, 2022
Davidganna10:
Did you write GRE?

Yes, I did but both schools waived the GRE exam.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Patricel: 8:47pm On Apr 07, 2022
mhizzcherry:
Have you gotten yours?
yes... since February
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Opemz: 9:19pm On Apr 07, 2022
For2ne:

You don't need to panic. contact your potential advisor about that.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Thormzy: 9:27pm On Apr 07, 2022
Hello, Good evening everyone, this is a bit urgent please.

I've read a lot of rejections at the visa interview due to being unemployed and not having enough reason to come back to Nigeria. Actually my dad has a family business which he has been running for years. I do work there sometimes. We actually work with a lot of big companies in lagos. I'm thinking if filling out that I'm employed in my family's company in my DS form and also presenting my Company's ID card at the interview just in case.. this will proof that I'm employed and I have enough reason to come home and manage the family business along with my dad.

Is this a good idea ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mhizzcherry(f): 9:37pm On Apr 07, 2022
Oh wow, department?
Patricel:
yes... since February
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Adrenaline123(m): 9:44pm On Apr 07, 2022
DAramis:

My little answer to the best of my knowledge.

1. In some schools, it would get you a full ride (Tuition waiver with stipends) while in others half ride (Tuition waiver only). Others might offer percentage scholarship that would not even cover your tuition.

My little advise is to contact the different universities you have interest in. Check for the undergraduate academic contact person or coordinator, and email him (her) tabling your SAT score with WAEC result. Hopefully, he will be in better position to advice you. Read between lines from their replies, and pick up the schools which offers the best possibility of securing one. Spread your options

2. Some universities have in-house evaluation while others don't have, but depends solely on external evaluation companies under NACES.

3. First thing first. Secure admission and full funding. That two stages are nothing. Few Nairalanders can help you make the payment (SIVES) while you transfer the naira equivalent to them.

4. Your choice. Generally, smart casual, professional or normal is okay. Try and make sure that the colours rhyme. Don't be like some that wear flip-on (slippers), or rioting colour trousers (multi-colour, ripped apart jeans) or simple body fitted polo ( as if they are going on most handsome men audition, or to seduce all the females working in the embassy) grin cheesy

I hope, I have been able to clear all your doubts regarding to your various questions.

NB: I'm not aiming for undergraduate program o cheesy

Hey big bro, I appreciate your kindness here...

I have some quick questions..

Is it compulsory to have these exams TOEFL and GRE before one can get admitted to a US university or can there be waiver for it from some universities?

I am going for master in civil Engineering

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Impeccable422: 10:08pm On Apr 07, 2022
Anyone got admitted to the university of New Haven for fall 2022?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bishopkinkin: 10:19pm On Apr 07, 2022
Please check your email

Timotte:

Apply with the 304 score. Your GRE isn't the only thing that is assessed on your application. You have a good GPA. What you need is to get very strong recommendation letters (not the typical ones written by most lecturers). The recommendation letters should be personal and give examples of attributes that are stated in the letter. I can send you a sample of a strong engineering recommendation letter if you need one. Additional, have a well written personal statement that clearly outlines your research interest(s). If you have any publication, it can further strengthen your application. But if you don't have any, it wouldn't harm you either. I have a friend who had a WES evaluated GPA of 3.11 and a GRE score of 294 who got admitted to the chemical engineering masters program at the University of North Dakota with full tuition waiver and a graduate research assistantship for Spring 2022 (he got his visa yesterday). He had very strong recommendation letters and a well written personal statement that strengthened his application.

2 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (839) (840) (841) (842) (843) (844) (845) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: Jedooooo(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.