Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (893) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1645541 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (890) (891) (892) (893) (894) (895) (896) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Wendywilson: 9:20pm On May 07, 2022
Pls I need advice on what to do

I got admission into a school in US, but my admission letter didn't come with funding but I have been accepted by a professor to join his lab. What can I do on the issue of funding?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Aniomaman81(m): 9:45pm On May 07, 2022
MPower sends the loan directly to the school, and the school will take your fees and tuition balance, then the balance like you said, will be paid into your account or a check issued to you.

The time it takes to get approvals depends on what documentation is required of you, so the earlier you begin, the better especially if you intend to use the loan for resumption in Fall 2022.

Evaowokotomo:
Please I would love to know more about this mpower loan. If I borrow let’s say 16,000 dollars in which 10,000 dollars will be used for the first year. The money will be sent to school right? Will the school remove the amount for tuition and then give me the rest for accommodation and living expenses or what? I just want to know how? How long does it take to approve the loan also?

Thanks

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by saheed0011: 9:51pm On May 07, 2022
Hello House,

Anyone heading to Towson University or Middle Tennessee State University.

Please hit me up and let connect to each other

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by fobz: 9:56pm On May 07, 2022
Gdine:
Good morning ya all. If you will like to have your interview at Abuja Embassy this fall 2022, and you are in search of date, do well by reaching out to me so you will be added to the Abuja search for date Group, Thank you.

Hi, Pls add me to the group. 08126450456
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by phemorhino(m): 10:15pm On May 07, 2022
Deejayprof:
VISA INTERVIEW TRANSCRIPT

Interview Date: 6th May, 2022
Funding: Fully funded
First Attempt
Program: PhD Biological Scinece
School: University of Illinois

VO: Good morning

Me: Morning sir (I didn't hear what he said very well, I passed my i-20 and passport

VO: Have you travelled before?

Me: Not at all

VO: Do your capturing

Me: I did my biometric capture

VO : Why did you choose UI?

Me : In my search for universities offering combination of Molecular Biology and Neurobiology, I came across UI as one of the best schools offering the double. However, being the only public research university at Chicago, UI offers me the laboratory research experience I need.

VO: What do you do?

Me: I am University lecturer at so so University, where i currently teach ... (He has already started typing while I focus my eyes on cimpletely on his eyeballs and whenever he looked at my direction, he saw my face looking relaxed).

VO: What is your plan after this program?

Me: I will be coming back to Nigeria to continue my lecturing job.

VO: Are you married?

Me: ( I didn't hear this one very well, so I asked him to repeat himself like 3 times). Yes

VO: When was that?

Me: 2018

VO: Is your wife going with you?

Me: She will be coming to visit

VO kept typing and after asked again, you said your wife will be visiting you

Me: Yes please, she will be visiting.

I didn't even hear what VO was saying at a point though (other VOs were speaking louder but then I knew he wasn't asking me any question.
The guy stood up to go to paper side, there were three types of paper. The blue, the white and the yellow paper in that order. As he reached out for the white I knew it's approval.
He then attached the white paper to my i-20 and gave me
I only heard pick your passport bla bla bla, and I said thank you

PS: Pray well
Be bold (probably be singing or speaking in tongues quietly before your time so that you charge your vocal system before you are called)
Eye contact must be 100%
Don't rush to answer any question, particularly the ones you didn't hear well.
Ask the VO to repeat the questions you either did not hear well or your brain couldn't immediately get an answer to, it is also a strategy to quickly gather a good response rather than stammering and saying rubbish (I asked VO to repeat a question 3 times when I didn't hear him). Amount of words you say do not matter, it is in the substance of your response
Know your story very well, any question can be asked in any order
Don't tell plenty story, no time. Say the most important things first and be as brief as possible
Please go to the embassy early (they don't check your appointment time before they interview you, but it saves you emotional and physical stress if you go there early)

VO didn't ask about my funding. He already saw that in my i-20. No document was also requested for except the i-20 i gave him.

I wasn't even eager to answer any question like that. Once I respond and he nods his head and start typing, I keep quiet and focus on him so that I won't say what I'm not supposed to say

All the best guys

I decided to share, since I have benefitted from other people experiences too
Congratulations

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ellamma1(f): 10:34pm On May 07, 2022
Anyone going to marquette university here?please let's connect.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TheSociopath(m): 11:24pm On May 07, 2022
Eralimad22:
Thank you . I applied to a community college due to the cost of fees and also the fact it would take just two years to get an associates degree . And then my age I’m 27 with no previous degree asides o levels and I tried to explain the reason why I have just decided to go back to school which I guess I didn’t explain clearly enough to the vo.. I’ll appreciate if you or anyone can let Me know what to do . Thank you

Do your Bachelor's here and plan for master's there

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ajibolaoi: 11:32pm On May 07, 2022
Good evening, kudos to everyone for the Job weldone here.

Please kindly advise accordingly if my wife get chance of getting Visa if she apply. She's creating fear because her admission do not come with funding.

Below is her short profile;
Undergraduate degree: B.Sc Nursing Science
Postgraduate Admission: (M.Sc Public Health) New Mexico State University.
COA: 30k
No funding
Married: yes
Husband will sponsor
Husband has a Farm that produce chicken and oil Palm.
Job: Nursing Officer at a Public University Teaching Hospital(close to 5years experience)

Please kindly advise..... what's the chance of her getting the visa if she appear without funding.

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dfutbolar: 12:07am On May 08, 2022
Not an issue

davidmatin:
Please I omitted my middle while filling my visa appointment schedule, and my visa interview confirmation came out without my middle name. Every other information is correct. It's just the middle name omission.

Would it be accepted at the consulate?

Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Maxidooo1990: 1:17am On May 08, 2022
Deejayprof:

First Attempt

VO: Good morning

Me: Morning sir (I didn't hear what he said very well, I passed my i-20 and passport

VO: Have you travelled before?

Me: Not at all

VO: Do your capturing

Me: I did my biometric capture

VO : Why did you choose UI?

Me : In my search for universities offering combination of Molecular Biology and Neurobiology, I came across UI as one of the best schools offering the double. However, being the only public research university at Chicago, UI offers me the laboratory research experience I need.

VO: What do you do?

Me: I am University lecturer at so so University, where i currently teach ... (He has already started typing while I focus my eyes on cimpletely on his eyeballs and whenever he looked at my direction, he saw my face looking relaxed).

VO: What is your plan after this program?

Me: I will be coming back to Nigeria to continue my lecturing job.

VO: Are you married?

Me: ( I didn't hear this one very well, so I asked him to repeat himself like 3 times). Yes

VO: When was that?

Me: 2018

VO: Is your wife going with you?

Me: She will be coming to visit

VO kept typing and after asked again, you said your wife will be visiting you

Me: Yes please, she will be visiting.

I didn't even hear what VO was saying at a point though (other VOs were speaking louder but then I knew he wasn't asking me any question.
The guy stood up to go to paper side, there were three types of paper. The blue, the white and the yellow paper in that order. As he reached out for the white I knew it's approval.
He then attached the white paper to my i-20 and gave me
I only heard pick your passport bla bla bla, and I said thank you

PS: Pray well
Be bold (probably be singing or speaking in tongues quietly before your time so that you charge your vocal system before you are called)
Eye contact must be 100%
Don't rush to answer any question, particularly the ones you didn't hear well.
Ask the VO to repeat the questions you either did not hear well or your brain couldn't immediately get an answer to, it is also a strategy to quickly gather a good response rather than stammering and saying rubbish (I asked VO to repeat a question 3 times when I didn't hear him). Amount of words you say do not matter, it is in the substance of your response
Know your story very well, any question can be asked in any order
Don't tell plenty story, no time. Say the most important things first and be as brief as possible
Please go to the embassy early (they don't check your appointment time before they interview you, but it saves you emotional and physical stress if you go there early)

VO didn't ask about my funding. He already saw that in my i-20. No document was also requested for except the i-20 i gave him.

I wasn't even eager to answer any question like that. Once I respond and he nods his head and start typing, I keep quiet and focus on him so that I won't say what I'm not supposed to say

All the best guys

I decided to share, since I have benefitted from other people experiences too

Congratulations! Your case has nothing to do with denial. You have full funding, you are a lecturer with experience and what again. To my understanding, the visa approval and denial thing is a kind of presage. VO's already know ahead of time if you getting the visa or not. Probably, they read through your profile before even you standing before them for the interview.
Once again congratulations!

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 7:49am On May 08, 2022
Deejayprof:

First Attempt

Big congratulations, brother

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EyinjuGod(f): 8:03am On May 08, 2022
Good morning nairalanders

Please who is going to SIUE,

Or who knows of there’s a group chat for the school, I’ll like to be added.

Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Malcolmsweet: 8:12am On May 08, 2022
Hello house, please what are the chances of husband and wife getting their F-1 visas separately. For instance, the wife applied for and got admission in the same school the husband applied to, and they intend filling married in the ds-160 form. Please I need suggestions, are they supposed to apply as single or fill their ds-160 as “not married”. What are the chances of getting separate F1 visas as a couple to the same school.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TetiolaB: 8:21am On May 08, 2022
USembassyAbuja:
If you want to join the WhatsApp group for Abuja dates search. Kindly reply this post with your phone number.

PS. I'm not a staff of US embassy. Just a prospective student like you all seeking for interview date
kindly add 08139159135
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by krcboy(m): 8:44am On May 08, 2022
Maxidooo1990:

Congratulations! Your case has nothing to do with denial. You have full funding, you are a lecturer with experience and what again. To my understanding, the visa approval and denial thing is a kind of presage. VO's already know ahead of time if you getting the visa or not. Probably, they read through your profile before even you standing before them for the interview.
Once again congratulations!

lol
VOs dont make any judgement on your case without an interview first. so tell me how they know abt giving him the visa. So since you say the read through his profile, do you know how many ppl profiles they will memorize? or please explain how they make the judgement bfr the interview. lol cos it makes no sense

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Aijaybaby(f): 9:59am On May 08, 2022
Ellamma1:
Anyone going to marquette university here?please let's connect.

I am...

Contact me on 08138881353
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by lilian19: 10:39am On May 08, 2022
My name is lilian, i have a Higher National Diploma in business studies pls can i use this HND to apply for my masters programme in US?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Lustre23: 11:01am On May 08, 2022
lilian19:
My name is lilian, i have a Higher National Diploma in business studies pls can i use this HND to apply for my masters programme in US?

You can but you will have to evaluate both your ND and HND first

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 11:34am On May 08, 2022
Ajibolaoi:
Good evening, kudos to everyone for the Job weldone here.

Please kindly advise accordingly if my wife get chance of getting Visa if she apply. She's creating fear because her admission do not come with funding.

Below is her short profile;
Undergraduate degree: B.Sc Nursing Science
Postgraduate Admission: (M.Sc Public Health) New Mexico State University.
COA: 30k
No funding
Married: yes
Husband will sponsor
Husband has a Farm that produce chicken and oil Palm.
Job: Nursing Officer at a Public University Teaching Hospital(close to 5years experience)

Please kindly advise..... what's the chance of her getting the visa if she appear without funding.

Thank you.
Hmmm she should give it a try based on her profile. Nothing is impossible. NMSU may still give her something when she resume
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 11:38am On May 08, 2022
Malcolmsweet:
Hello house, please what are the chances of husband and wife getting their F-1 visas separately. For instance, the wife applied for and got admission in the same school the husband applied to, and they intend filling married in the ds-160 form. Please I need suggestions, are they supposed to apply as single or fill their ds-160 as “not married”. What are the chances of getting separate F1 visas as a couple to the same school.

There's no guarantee they will both be interviewed same day or by the same VO so it depends on the status they have proof for. There are other things that completes the visa approval
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 11:40am On May 08, 2022
Wendywilson:
Pls I need advice on what to do

I got admission into a school in US, but my admission letter didn't come with funding but I have been accepted by a professor to join his lab. What can I do on the issue of funding?
If you were accepted, do you have the opportunity to work under him as a graduate assistant?
As the graduate coordinator the current funding status
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Malcolmsweet: 12:45pm On May 08, 2022
UmmZayd:

There's no guarantee they will both be interviewed same day or by the same VO so it depends on the status they have proof for. There are other things that completes the visa approval
So they should not fill married in their respective ds-160
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 1:20pm On May 08, 2022
Add the name on your 1-20 ( that should be your DSO).
Ehimare55:
Please guys what's the best way to fill US point of contact information in the Ds-160 form
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Maxidooo1990: 2:10pm On May 08, 2022
krcboy:

lol
VOs dont make any judgement on your case without an interview first. so tell me how they know abt giving him the visa. So since you say the read through his profile, do you know how many ppl profiles they will memorize? or please explain how they make the judgement bfr the interview. lol cos it makes no sense

I said presumably. Remember that your data are there on their database when you fill out whatsoever you are filling, so presumably, they might check through your profile before hand. That's my understanding. I stand to be corrected please, am still a newbie in this US visa stuff.

(1) (2) (3) ... (890) (891) (892) (893) (894) (895) (896) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: rebeccaaj

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.