Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,337 members, 7,836,404 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (977) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1662692 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (974) (975) (976) (977) (978) (979) (980) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dareyjosh: 3:18am On Jun 13, 2022
The link isn't working.

I'd love to be added to the Lagos date group search

Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Neei: 5:15am On Jun 13, 2022
Please kindly add me to the Abuja WhatsApp group for dates 09030266934 �. Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dzee1: 7:27am On Jun 13, 2022
Good day All.
Pls I need clarification.
I used my friend's address near the school as "address where you will stay in the U.S"

While I used the school and school official's details in the "U.S contact Information " section.

Hope this wouldn't seem like a conflict?
If it does, is it possible to make changes to an already submitted ds 160?

Please can people with experience on this pls advice.
Thanks.

Also I have an active B1visa and travelled for a month in December. Can this be a + or - to my application?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Shayolly: 7:30am On Jun 13, 2022
Omasgrace:

Pls kindly add me to Abuja watsapp group.

Same here, kindly add me to Abuja grp 08063733852
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Neei: 8:24am On Jun 13, 2022
Jeval:

The link isn't working out so please here is my number 07034284735 kindly plead with the whatsapp search group admin to add me to the group. I enrolled for fall semester i've gotten admission but i haven't got a visa date so please help me out thank you.

Please kindly add me to the Abuja WhatsApp group too. My program starts this Fall. 09030266934. Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by holuwakore(m): 9:07am On Jun 13, 2022
photoberi:
Hello Everyone,

Information for people who were refused visa!!!

Please Please and Please when you reapply, DO NOT CHOOSE REGULAR.

They sent people back on Friday with Blue paper, They were not interviewed at all. The Consular said they could not trust their judgement since they could not say they were previously denied in the Visa Portal.

While I type this, I am aware that choosing previously refused visa will not give any dates, but that is what everyone previously denied in the past 6 months is expected to click and hope that they open up the date.

I am hoping that someone will shed light on how people who were previously refused Visa will get date apart from clicking Regular.

Let's all keep hope alive!

My guess is that this your friend did not select previously denied when filling his/her DS160

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Thiwhy(f): 9:08am On Jun 13, 2022
Pls dm If you need the link for Lagos search group

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mickey2135: 9:32am On Jun 13, 2022
UmmZayd:

What can you do??
There's nothing you can do because your profile details match that of another user

The other user is me
So how can I search for dates in Abuja and Lagos?? Like I want to create one for Abuja and one for Lagos
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by idcom1(m): 9:49am On Jun 13, 2022
Mickey2135:

The other user is me
So how can I search for dates in Abuja and Lagos?? Like I want to create one for Abuja and one for Lagos

You can only have a single user account on cgi portal
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by photoberi: 10:50am On Jun 13, 2022
I guess they just started it. This happened June 10 at the Lagos embassy.

The person acted on general info of choosing regular for the same reason that dates aren't popping up. wasn't even interviewed at all, straight blue paper

dupsiiee:

Hello @photoberi
Did this just start? Cos I know a couple of people who have selected regular and were interviewed and got their visa.
Which Consular denied them for this reason? Lagos or Abuja?
Because I have been searching for over a month using previously denied but no date for almost 2 months.
One of them just advised me to select regular or I will not get any date.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by photoberi: 10:51am On Jun 13, 2022
Previously denied on DS160 was selected.

holuwakore:
My guess is that this your friend did not select previously denied when filling his/her DS160
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Histon: 11:35am On Jun 13, 2022
Please I'm new here kindly add me to the Lagos search date WhatsApp group for visa +2348060596708
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ogevic: 12:07pm On Jun 13, 2022
Please can you add me to the Lagos WhatsApp group for dates ..08092135888?
phoyeks:

A lot of slots opened up this week for Lagos appointments slated for today so don't despair, if you are still seeking for dates. Make sure you

belong to a group for dates search.

Here's wishing all of you going in today God's favor and successful interviews. White papers and testimonies shall abound.....Cheers!!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jun 13, 2022
Pls is there a place to keep your bag outside the Abuja embassy?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Best256: 12:35pm On Jun 13, 2022
Hello everyone,

Pls I need good universities for undergraduate without toefl requirements
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ogevic: 1:04pm On Jun 13, 2022
Thiwhy:
Pls dm If you need the link for Lagos search group

I need the link for the Lagos date search please....08092135888
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 1:16pm On Jun 13, 2022
what you are going to study and what you do now, doesn't signify progression.

You might want to tweak your job experience on DS160 to match your proposed course of study,
As for ties you have enough in your mum and fiance.

Francisca01:
Hello Good morning,
I’m new here.
I recently got admission to Valparaiso university for Msc public health.
I’ve paid my Sevis fee and I want to proceed and also prepare for my interview.
My concerns My mother gave me a deed of gift for my school expense which she paid to my dollar account I recently opened.
I also have a good running account with a good balance.
My fiancé is also sponsoring me
(So I’m fully funded)
But will all these convince the VO

Secondly, I’m a realtor and an interior designer. I currently work with a law firm where I handle their real estate business.
But I’m going for msc public health. How do I convince the VO I’m coming back. What are the strongest ties I can use.
And I’ll like to be added to a group chat. I currently reside in Lagos but would love to have my interview in Abuja (08135211170)

Please I need help me my interview. Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Plannie22: 1:28pm On Jun 13, 2022
beyuadex:
Good evening all, please I need some urgent advice. I applied for EA on Tuesday and it was approved on Thursday. But since that Thursday I have been seeing dates after my start date which is August 22. The first date I saw was August 23 but now all I am getting is September dates and my EA approval is set to expire tomorrow 13th of June. What can I do to get a close date?

Is this for Abuja or Lagos?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beyuadex: 1:30pm On Jun 13, 2022
Abuja
Plannie22:

Is this for Abuja or Lagos?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 1:34pm On Jun 13, 2022
talk to me I can guide you. send me a PM
Francisca01:
Thank you for your response, I realized this is why I’m also asking possible advises. Please can I message you privately or my WhatsApp is 08132511170. If
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 1:35pm On Jun 13, 2022
Just wait and keep checking your account. There are times when the VO work on public holidays and weekends it all depends on the traffic.

fernado56:

I cant say , we need expert advise on this , the guru in the house should give us insight of what to expect?? Our appointment falls on Public holiday , what should we expect guys??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 1:44pm On Jun 13, 2022
All these agents eeh the thunder that will fire them is doing press up in hell.

Tell the VO you did not know you could get a direct master's because of your grade.

You can get a master's and funding with your grade.
TAKE OUT 2HRS EVERYDAY TO SEARCH
How to search
do not be bent on a state
leave out the big names (states, cities, and schools) but if you want them then write GRE and ace it.

as a hustler targeting the spring semester, e get why.

open every state's wiki page in there go to education from there you will get all the schools in that state and then go over them one after the other.

Hollar111:
Hello everyone. I am a newbie here and I recently just graduated from a University here in Nigeria. I studied Mechanical Engineering and I am looking forward to start my application to any University in USA for my MSc program. I meet with an Agent to help me with my application but the Agent told me I can’t get any admission into any University in USA because I graduated with a 2.2(lower class). I was introduced to this thread by a friend who told me I can get help from here. Please Guru’s in the house I need help with my application. Can I get an admission to any University with 2.2 and can I get some fundings too please (Fundings because I am not from a rich family just an average family surviving). Please I want to try and get my application done correctly and I don’t want to fall in the hands of Agent again this time again. Because after I graduated from University an Agent helped me to apply to a University in USA but for a Bsc degree in Computer Science, he said because I can’t get any admission with a 2.2 so I should go through Undergraduate which I did and I was denied a visa I guess because due to my long years after High school. PS: I finished High school since 2012 and I had a delay of 4 years even before I got admission into a university here in Nigeria and I studied a 5 years course (Engineering) that means I have a 10years gap since my High school and I just graduated from University Dec 2021. I have fall in hands of Agent and I spent a lot with no outcome. My problem now is how do I apply for a university with funding with a 2.2 and also another fear is how would the VO see me because I previously applied for a Bcs in Computer Science which I was denied and now I want to apply for a MSc in Mechanical Engineering my fear now is won’t the VO be thinking how come I applied for a Bsc in Computer Science and so soon I am applying for a MSc in Mechanical Engineering which I didn’t include on my former DS-160 that I already had a degree because the Agent told me it’s a red flag to say that.
1. Won’t the VO be thinking how come the switch so soon and
2. also how to defend it that I already had a degree in Mechanical Engineering and I came for a Bsc in computer science and now I want to go for a MSc in Mechanical Engineering?? cry cry
Please Guru’s I need help. I’ll appreciate any response from you guys. Any school recommendations would be appreciated too please. Thank you

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 1:53pm On Jun 13, 2022
since you work in the ministry tow the line of study leaves with pay after you have gotten your visa etc.
It's good your dad is supporting you too.

Your job is a good tie back home but because of your tie in the USA which is strong too you have to reaaaaaaly convince the VO that you would return that's where your job comes in.

Go and find out from the civil service commission what it takes to go for study leave with pay so that you would be better equipped.

In my state
when you get admission you will notify the commission in writing advising on the possible time of resumption which is visa based
that would be acknowledged and you would be advised to revert back when you get your visa for final details.

Does documents are live documents then the rest you talk with your mouth.

idcom1:
Happy Sunday guys...
Plz I have couple of questions to ask and I would love quick response cos it's urgent.
I applied for visa twice in 2015 and was denied base on the fact that I choose community college then. Fast forward I finished my undergraduate in 2018 and have been working at Lagos state ministry alausa since my graduation. Now have admission for MBA at central Michigan university.
My question now is can I mention my brother name who is a citizen by naturalization while filling my ds160 form with raising an issue with VO
Is using my dad as sponsor a great choice despite the fact that am working?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 1:56pm On Jun 13, 2022
use your school everywhere address is needed.

dzee1:
Good day All.
Pls I need clarification.
I used my friend's address near the school as "address where you will stay in the U.S"

While I used the school and school official's details in the "U.S contact Information " section.

Hope this wouldn't seem like a conflict?
If it does, is it possible to make changes to an already submitted ds 160?

Please can people with experience on this pls advice.
Thanks.

Also I have an active B1visa and travelled for a month in December. Can this be a + or - to my application?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 1:59pm On Jun 13, 2022
no the old one is ok for the interview because its expiry date is more than 6months from now.
But when travel carry both
Neei:

Hope it won't affect my US visa chances? When the new passort comes out before my interview date, can I use the new passport at the Embassy?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 2:02pm On Jun 13, 2022
take the date when you get your visa and inform your school to either
give you a late resumption date or
differ to spring.

beyuadex:
Good evening all, please I need some urgent advice. I applied for EA on Tuesday and it was approved on Thursday. But since that Thursday I have been seeing dates after my start date which is August 22. The first date I saw was August 23 but now all I am getting is September dates and my EA approval is set to expire tomorrow 13th of June. What can I do to get a close date?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 2:06pm On Jun 13, 2022
just because people have been doing the wrong thing going through does not make it normal.
They just found out and have blocked it to reduce workload for themselves.

What works for A might not work for B,
This life na per head.

dupsiiee:

Hello @photoberi
Did this just start? Cos I know a couple of people who have selected regular and were interviewed and got their visa.
Which Consular denied them for this reason? Lagos or Abuja?
Because I have been searching for over a month using previously denied but no date for almost 2 months.
One of them just advised me to select regular or I will not get any date.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 2:09pm On Jun 13, 2022
you can not have the 2 profiles with the same passport details at the same time.

Mickey2135:

The other user is me
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 2:10pm On Jun 13, 2022
yes before you enter to be interviewed close to the scanning door

Awubfjrnndk:
Pls is there a place to keep your bag outside the Abuja embassy?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ogevic: 2:11pm On Jun 13, 2022
Why is no one answering or helping out with information on the WhatsApp date search group?

Even if the group is full, someone who belongs to that group should at least say something nah. Why the silence? We are here to assist each other. It was someone who added you to the group, so assist others.

I randomly logged into the portal on June 8th, at exactly 4:44pm, and saw many openings for June 10, but before I could click on one, my network hanged and logged me out. By the time I came back, that was the end. It took me to 2023.

Only to come on Nairaland and see there was an earlier information about it which I never knew of cos I just joined this forum today. What a missed opportunity.

Please, this is the third time I am shouting here, and will continue to shout, (cos I don't know where my messiah will come from)...... SOMEONE SHOULD HELP ADD ME TO BOTH THE ABUJA AND LAGOS WHATSAPP FORUMS FOR DATE SEARCH.......08092135888.

Or at least send a link............!!!!!!
PLEASE OOOOH!

I need assistance in this regard. Thank you.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 2:11pm On Jun 13, 2022
www.googlegooduniversitieswithouttoefl.com

Best256:
Hello everyone,

Pls I need good universities for undergraduate without toefl requirements

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by adexfahd: 2:13pm On Jun 13, 2022
I got an admission to study in US. And have been trying so hard to get an appointment at the embassy, but have not been able to do that.
Please is there any group one can join, maybe like WhatsApp group in order to be able to get an appointment..

(1) (2) (3) ... (974) (975) (976) (977) (978) (979) (980) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.