Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,003 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:37 PM

How Do I Inform My Mother About My Relationship? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Inform My Mother About My Relationship? (2521 Views)

I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over / How I Ended My Relationship With A Married Man / I Saw My Brother Wife In Hotel Can I Inform My Brother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Inform My Mother About My Relationship? by eazzzy1(m): 11:47pm On Jan 09, 2021
Informing your mum is only courtesy. You are grown and you can do what ever you like. Tell her about the man like you are sure about what you want not like you are seeking her permission.
Re: How Do I Inform My Mother About My Relationship? by Fiscus105(m): 2:29am On Jan 10, 2021
Cadburyy:
There's something that has been bothering me for a while.

I'm domiciled in a foreign country but I maintain a sound relationship with my parents at home . I keep them updated on everything that happens in my life and even that of their granddaughter. That's how great my relationship remains with my mother.

I work hard to support my home but my baby father does not bring enough to the table like I do even though he earns a little higher than I earn. He spends on alcohol , drugs and women. When I complain about his bad behavior, he leaves home and says I nag a lot. When he returns after days away from home, he tells me I forced myself on him and he didn't really want us to be together.

There's this very handsome medical doctor working at the hospital where I am employed. He started confessing his love for me late last year. He's taller, more handsome and way richer than my current partner (my baby daddy) but the only thing is that he's a Muslim.

He told me he's a traditional Muslim and wouldn't compel me to become one. He also assures me he will not even have a relationship with another woman, that is, polygamy is totally ruled out. I have dedicated my time to learn about Muslims recently and I think I've made up my mind to give him the chance to love me the way he wants. My daughter relates well with her "soon to be step-dad".

The problem here is not even my baby father since I can discard him whenever I want. The problem is my mother who is a devout christian from the South East. She will feel bad if I tell her about my relationship with the handsome Muslim doctor.

Do I accept the Doctor's proposal without informing my mother. If you think I should inform her, how do I tell my mother without making her panic?

Which type of good Muslim will like to hijack someone' wife?
Which type of woman are you? Sleeping with another man, wen you still married! Dog? Unfaithful??
Immediately woman starts loving another man she would start seeing all inadequacies of hubby and the new guy as perfect man.

An incoming man will do everything to make himself good before you, when he eventually gets what he wants, he will show his full colors.

If you marry the Muslim man and he forces you to convert after one kid for him, what will you do?
( Don't forget CHANGE Is CONSTANT)
(NON DEVOUTED TODAY MAY BECOME EXTREMIST JIHADIST.)

If he renegates his promise and marries another wife in future, (Note you re after one o). How will you feel? Cope??

If after you born for him, he too shows characters that you don't expect and divorce you, I guess you will gladly be searching for third husband.......... 3 kids, 3 fathers, not even a woman from decent Christian home.

Did you also take note of kid you born already, raising her by another woman or take her to another man' house.

Women should learn how to apply break immediately they got married, .....handsome and rich men will keep coming ur ways for years to come....I imagine how you will be coping whenever you meet them.

.office romance is dead dangerous.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Inform My Mother About My Relationship? by Ganjafama(m): 2:58am On Jan 10, 2021
Cadburyy:

grin grin grin
Well, that was me expressing myself. The guy is seriously fineee. An Arab biracial. His dad is Nigerian.
He's a very good man and right now I literally don't care if the grass is brown on the other side.
It seems you've made up your mind about the doctor. The only advice you need now is "tell your mother".

1 Like

Re: How Do I Inform My Mother About My Relationship? by Fiscus105(m): 3:16am On Jan 10, 2021
Michelle55:

But why bring a child to this world if you ain't ready to shoulder your responsibility as a father

Read well, she didn't say he is not bringing, he is not bringing much, the way alhaji is bringing

1 Like

Re: How Do I Inform My Mother About My Relationship? by Fiscus105(m): 3:27am On Jan 10, 2021
thorpido:
I can't tell you exactly what to do.Just let your heart head lead you.

One thing I can say about you is the thing that took you to a guy who is a drunk,drug addict and womaniser till you made a baby with him is the same thing drawing you to this man.

You don't have depth and seem swindled with ephemeral things.

She is definitely going to way of destruction, the lady is confirmed dog and such woman only good for banging, and not for marriage, she will soon wake up to reality

One thing girl/woman don't know is that, how they think they are before their guys not always what their guys perceive about them
You will see a lady telling all who care to hear about her guy and how she plans to spend her rest of life with him, meanwhile the guy will only see her as sex material........ this is my turn, let me dig the one I can dig and leave it for the next available guy to continue.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Inform My Mother About My Relationship? by Elmiguel(m): 10:29am On Jan 10, 2021
Cadburyy:

He's not that kind of man , thanks
You can't guarantee that.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Inform My Mother About My Relationship? by Richy4(m): 1:05pm On Jan 10, 2021
Cadburyy:

He's not that kind of man , thanks.

He's not that kind of Man?..... Hmmmmm!!!!!

My people said the sound of kolanut in the mouth is not how it taste... Wishing you the best of luck
Re: How Do I Inform My Mother About My Relationship? by Richy4(m): 1:08pm On Jan 10, 2021
Elmiguel:

You can't guarantee that.

Leave her oooo she's in love smiley Didn't u see in her description that the man was taller, good looking with straight legs and straight teeth? grin

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Inform My Mother About My Relationship? by bukatyne(f): 1:40pm On Jan 10, 2021
thorpido:
I can't tell you exactly what to do.Just let your heart head lead you.

One thing I can say about you is the thing that took you to a guy who is a drunk,drug addict and womaniser till you made a baby with him is the same thing drawing you to this man.

You don't have depth and seem swindled with ephemeral things.

If na me talk am, I would be a witch grin grin grin grin grin

Happy new year.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Inform My Mother About My Relationship? by fannybaby(f): 2:01pm On Jan 10, 2021
Op, please don't marry that doctor

Look for a Christian like you kiss
Re: How Do I Inform My Mother About My Relationship? by iamL(f): 2:08pm On Jan 10, 2021
Cadburyy:

grin grin grin
Well, that was me expressing myself. The guy is seriously fineee. An Arab biracial. His dad is Nigerian.
He's a very good man and right now I literally don't care if the grass is brown on the other side.

Though I will advise you to end things with your baby daddy since he his not useful even if you don't end up with this doctor.

One the other hand aside ur new man been finneeeee, Doctor, money I hope u are also watchful of other serious factors like the religion, his family and yours.

I can't even change my Denomination not to talk of religion.
Re: How Do I Inform My Mother About My Relationship? by thorpido(m): 3:06pm On Jan 10, 2021
bukatyne:

If na me talk am, I would be a witch grin grin grin grin grin

Happy new year.
grin
Happy New year.
Re: How Do I Inform My Mother About My Relationship? by Chiquitq(f): 4:47pm On Jan 10, 2021
If the Muslim is saying you while you live with your baby daddy, I won't trust him one but.

Why did you have a child out of wedlock in the first place? I'm not judging you but I want you to reflect on how you make your decisions. You won't feel happy if you have two kids from two men and neither is doing right by you.

In reality, religion is not a huge barrier when you are not in Africa but this man might be playing down his dedication to his religion until he has you.

Parents know better and their love is almost always genuine. If your happiness is paramount, your mother won't stand in your way but be sure if your choice first. Your mom may throw a tantrum but may come around later.

You would see clearly only after you have broken up with your baby daddy that you once lived with your soul.
Re: How Do I Inform My Mother About My Relationship? by Elmiguel(m): 5:02pm On Jan 10, 2021
Richy4:

Leave her oooo she's in love smiley Didn't u see in her description that the man was taller, good looking with straight legs and straight teeth? grin
That one na yeye love

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Inform My Mother About My Relationship? by Cadburyy: 10:21pm On Jan 18, 2021
Thanks guys for your contributions.

The Doctor is so into me these past weeks. He keeps late nights through virtual conversations with me via chats on discord. He kinda wants to turn our conversations into sex texting but I feel he's shy as he does that very subtly and is afraid if he will offend me.

He was definitely raised well. You'd expect a handsome rich young man to be cocky but he's really down to earth.

I've made up my mind to tell my mother if he does something amazing on Feb,14th.
He was definitely raised well. You'd expect a
Re: How Do I Inform My Mother About My Relationship? by VEXT: 11:52pm On Jan 18, 2021
It will end in tears... You women never learn... He is Fine and rich, that is the only thing u keep repeating. Your life sha... No come back here dey cry... After he dan use u anyhow.. Muslim man..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Inform My Mother About My Relationship? by joshboo(m): 6:41am On Jan 28, 2021
Cadburyy:

grin grin grin

Then why arw you seeking opinions if your mond is made up? Between you only stated the flaws of your baby daddy, yours nko? What transpired that made him start keeping out and not bring nothing to the table. Truth is you never halla...... eee go most likely choke u
Re: How Do I Inform My Mother About My Relationship? by mosdii(m): 8:24am On Jan 28, 2021
Nigerian Girls Are Useless...All Of Them

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos: At Last Prophet Ajanaku Laid To Rest In Lagos After 11 Months / My 1yr 8month Old Baby Uses Left Hand. Right Or Wrong / It Has Been 4 Years Now We Had Sex- A Husband Plight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.